Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

117 84.17%
  • Gaara

22 15.83%
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Gaara

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Gaara

Wouldn't Gaara split up the sand with Amaterasu and try to get Itachi on all side? If he has a wall of sand shielding him against Amaterasu, Gaara could split it up.

I know it wouldn't be that fast, but Itachi would need to react quickly enough. As we saw, he doesn't use Amaterasu right off the bat, he focuses his chakra first. Makes sense though since his chakra control would have to be nearly perfect to make up for his low chakra.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi can use jutsus so fast that Kakashi with his sharingan can't keep up with him. Gaara is going to be in deep shit fighting Itachi because of this speed. If not for the shield around gara (second skin) i could go as far to state that Itachi is going to implant a kunai in his head from the start.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yes,it's true that gaara's defense was pretty well against sasuke's amaterasu. and it wasn't a simple amaterasu but the enton(flame element) with techniques itachi couldn't use. but in this fight they don't know each other then gaara isn't ready when itachi uses a genjutsu on him,defeating gaara. and not forgot susanoo!!!gaara's sand is nothing in front of susanoo.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Itachi can use jutsus so fast that Kakashi with his sharingan can't keep up with him. Gaara is going to be in deep shit fighting Itachi because of this speed. If not for the shield around gara (second skin) i could go as far to state that Itachi is going to implant a kunai in his head from the start.
    Water + kunai = dead Gaara. Or simply use an exploding clone.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Water + kunai = dead Gaara. Or simply use an exploding clone.
    Yeah but at the start he is not going to know about the sand shield around his skin so he is probably going to try a standard attack (simple one like a kunai).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well technically, the first thing Itachi will try would be genjutsu, which means Itachi will have plenty of time to figure out a way to kill Gaara.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Well technically, the first thing Itachi will try would be genjutsu, which means Itachi will have plenty of time to figure out a way to kill Gaara.
    Well yes and then he will probably try to cut Gaara but because of that sand shield he is only going to end up making a small wound at best and that should snap Gaara out of it. Like in Kurenai's case.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Gaara snapping out just because he was cut. A Sharingan based genjutsu is different from the normal genjutsu Kurenai escaped. Orochimaru was still nearly paralyzed after having his hand sliced off and Danzo was still in Sasuke's genjutsu even after being stabbed.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know for Oro that was a special stuff countering that special world of his. As for Danzou that was a MS genjutsu.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I will give this to Itachi ! Gaara is very strong and his skills are just amazing , but we are talking about Itachi for the gods sake.
    Itachi is just way too much even for Gaara

It is sad to see one of the best characters go away this "soon"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke's speed in part 1 was enough to get around Gaara's sand, and Sasuke was said to have increased "dramatically" in speed and strength from part 1 to Shippuden. Itachi seemed to be at least as fast, if not more so (when healthy), than Shippuden-Sasuke, so I don't see Gaara's sand defense necessarily holding up against Itachi, either.

Also, I'm not sure I get the talk about breaking Genjutsu -- the way it was discussed in the manga, you can't really break Itachi's tsukuyomi as its entire effect happens in one second. Look at Kakashi -- he's a genius who has been shown pretty adept at handling genjutsu and he wasn't able to do anything about it.

Itachi makes me think of Minato's comments towards Bee -- he's just so much more of a true ninja in his thinking and attack style. Even if you pump up Gaara enough so that he's on equal power as Itachi, Itachi far and above has the advantage of intelligence, strategy, experience, etc over most characters in Naruto. Itachi is like Shikamaru and Sasuke's bizzare love child, and that's just too much for Gaara to handle.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryokahn View Post
    Sasuke's speed in part 1 was enough to get around Gaara's sand, and Sasuke was said to have increased "dramatically" in speed and strength from part 1 to Shippuden. Itachi seemed to be at least as fast, if not more so (when healthy), than Shippuden-Sasuke, so I don't see Gaara's sand defense necessarily holding up against Itachi, either.

Also, I'm not sure I get the talk about breaking Genjutsu -- the way it was discussed in the manga, you can't really break Itachi's tsukuyomi as its entire effect happens in one second. Look at Kakashi -- he's a genius who has been shown pretty adept at handling genjutsu and he wasn't able to do anything about it.

Itachi makes me think of Minato's comments towards Bee -- he's just so much more of a true ninja in his thinking and attack style. Even if you pump up Gaara enough so that he's on equal power as Itachi, Itachi far and above has the advantage of intelligence, strategy, experience, etc over most characters in Naruto. Itachi is like Shikamaru and Sasuke's bizzare love child, and that's just too much for Gaara to handle.
    I don't get why everyone thinks that Gaara's sand can be overwhelmed as easily as in part 1 now. Granted in part 1 it was a major flaw in his battle strengths but not its fast enough to block Amaterasu and get in between Sasuke and the Raikage. Sasuke isn't the only one whose grown.

Amaterasu and taijutsu are the least of Gaara's problems and some of the easier things that he can handle now. Even Susanoo could be handled if he had taken the effort to prepare the sand once he saw how tough Itachi is. The real problem is the Genjutsus. We have seen nothing from Gaara to show that he is capable of handling illusions, especially if they are of Itachi's calibre.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Gaara can kill Itachi, is to make immediatly his sand sphere around him while flying far away, without making a sand eye (in order to be immune to genjutsu). Then he turns all the battlefield into sand and crush Itachi like he did against Kimmimaro. I don't remember Itachi being able to fly or to stay out of the field for a long time so even with Susano'o he'll end up dying when he won't have any chakra/life force left.

Otherwise, Gaara is screwed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi wins this. Genjutsu and Susanoo will earn him this victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

itachi win, we never saw someone using genjutsu as itachi and so far before his dead, itachi always defeated any of his opponent way easy and i never saw him loose a battle, gaara is one strong kage but itachi is just beyond gaara level.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast