Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

117 84.17%
  • Gaara

22 15.83%
Thread Closed
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Gaara

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Gaara

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Though, can anyone explain how Gaara's "third" eye helps protect him against Itachi's genjutsu? It's still an eye, and he's still using it to look at something. Not to mention, it most likely is connected to Gaara via chakra, which can still mess up his chakra flow. Most genjutsu are sight genjutsu, just looking at it can put one under genjutsu since it'd be enough to mess up the chakra flow.
    The Idea comes from Pein . Ero-senin did put a genjutsu at 3 peins body which were connected to Nagato ,with through them he could see , hear etc. but still nagato's main body, himself did not suffer from genjutsu .
    Last edited by Darkp; July 01, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi has the edge.
    Every time he fights, he uses genjutsu right of the bat, leaving his opponents open to attack.
    The moment Gaara goes: "oh shit, a sharingan." the damage will have already been done.

Gaara will never have the chance to use any of his probable counter strategies because he wont be able to make the first move, nor will he be able to make any type of preparations.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marshmallow-sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm definitely going with Itachi on this. Gaara, I love you, but in the end Susano'o + Sword of Totsuka + Yata Mirror = Major Rapeage ensues.

Yum~

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    Itachi has the edge.
    Every time he fights, he uses genjutsu right of the bat, leaving his opponents open to attack.
    The moment Gaara goes: "oh shit, a sharingan." the damage will have already been done.

Gaara will never have the chance to use any of his probable counter strategies because he wont be able to make the first move, nor will he be able to make any type of preparations.
    Doesn't Itachi need to make a handseal before using genjutsu? Granted, Gaara might not be able to see the seal being done, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Doesn't Itachi need to make a handseal before using genjutsu? Granted, Gaara might not be able to see the seal being done, but still...
    I think Itachi has used more genjutsu without using handseals than has by using them. Similar to how Kakashi and Sasuke no longer need to use handseals for Chidori, I doubt there are many genjutsu Itachi needs to use handseals for.

In any event, Itachi is going to use genjutsu right off that bat, he does that in ever fight. Gaara might be standing still thinking he's fighting and Itachi will be driving a kunai into his skull.

I forget who said it, but we've seen Itachi own Kurenai, Kakashi, and Orochimaru with genjutsu. I fail to see how Gaara will be any different.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would depend on what kind of genjutsu he's using. A Sharingan based genjutsu wouldn't require any sort of handsigns, but his normal genjutsus probably would even though we haven't seen so.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how gaara can defeat itachi's susanoo(Totsuka's Sword and the Sakegari (Sake Cutting) Long Sword & The shield known as Yata's Mirror),Together the sword and shield will make the Susanoo user nearly invincible plus Anyone or anything cut by the blade will be sealed away into a Genjutsu of blissful oblivion until the end of time.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It would depend on what kind of genjutsu he's using. A Sharingan based genjutsu wouldn't require any sort of handsigns, but his normal genjutsus probably would even though we haven't seen so.
    The genjutsu Sasuke used on C did require handseals: I just assumed Itachi was so fast at making seals that no one could see it.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The genjutsu Sasuke used on C did require handseals: I just assumed Itachi was so fast at making seals that no one could see it.
    Hand seals come and go in the Narutoverse. I mean we did see Itachi use hand seals to perform Amaterasu against Sasuke. Kakashi used some wacky hand seal when he activated his MS. Sometimes we see Sasuke use Chidori without hand seals and other times with hand seals. Hand seals became pretty irrelevant a while ago.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you believe that, since there's nothing to suggest that Sasuke had to preform handsigns?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you believe that, since there's nothing to suggest that Sasuke had to preform handsigns?

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/462/3 He's doing one right there, but as Zerocooldx stated, either the characters make the handseals off pannel or just don't.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the finger genjutsu use a handseal?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Did the finger genjutsu use a handseal?
    I think it did: http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/257/4, but even if it used, Gaara would have to look at his hands to see it, so it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: he does need to make a seal: http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/366/4
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; July 01, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
    LMFAO

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There is just no way Gaara can take precautions about such genjutsu use....

He knows a little of the Sharingan and could likely avoid it's sight, yet such thing as this seems to only be used by Gai.... not even Kakashi, as smart as he is had the brilliant idea to fight by using such means.

It's simply because fighting this way is nearly impossible, specially when you're facing someone as fast as Itachi.

Gaara will get caught in a genjutsu the moment the fight starts..

Will that genjutsu kill him.... of course or at least i don't think but it will likely cause a domino effect on the long term to win Itachi the fight.

Gaara simply has no way to avoid every genjutsu Itachi throws at him, he needs to have eye contact with him in one way or another.

The third eye is great and all, but it's Gaara's vision, the eye would likely be used as a medium to reach Gaara.

As much as i love Gaara, unless he was in the desert with a massive amount of sand to use i don't see him winning, as always, Itachi will win via genjutsu, no one has ever stood a chance against him simply because of his genjutsu use, not even Oro,Kuneinai and Kakashi who either were reknown for their amazing genjutsu skills or had the Sharingan to reduce it's damage, none of them stood a chance. The only one who had what it took to overpower Itachi's genjtutsu was Sasuke, yet he was still caught by it several times and took him a while to finally break it.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkp View Post
    The Idea comes from Pein . Ero-senin did put a genjutsu at 3 peins body which were connected to Nagato ,with through them he could see , hear etc. but still nagato's main body, himself did not suffer from genjutsu .
    According to some members, that's actually debatable since we never saw Nagato. Plus, he got hit with a sound genjutsu, not ocular genjutsu like Itachi will do on Gaara. In any case, it's still his second or first eye since he closes one eye and puts his finger over it when he uses that.

I don't think Itachi needs a handseal. Genjutsu probably requires precise chakra control or near it, hence why Sasuke used headseal while Itachi and/or Kakashi didn't/rarely did. Their low chakra pool would make them very precise with chakra usage, especially when doing genjutsu. I don't think Itachi would need to use handseals, unless handseals are when he needs to be as precise as possible.

Thread Closed
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast