Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

117 84.17%
  • Gaara

22 15.83%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Gaara

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Gaara

It doesn't matter the range, be it close, mid, or far, Itachi takes this.

Close range:
    Itachi's pretty fucking fast. If he was better at everything than Sasuke, and Sasuke was able to keep up with Gaara's sand, Itachi can surely do it as well. He's been shown to be a great taijutsu fighter (vs Sasuke), so if he gets close range on Gaara, he's gonna get owned. Also, it'll be pretty hard to avoid Tsukoyomi at close range. Pretty fucking hard.

Mid range:
    This would be Gaara's worst position against Itachi. Itachi can still use an effective Tsukoyomi at this range pretty easily. Also, Itachi will use Amaterasu to distract Gaara's attention on the flames and then get close up enough on a distracted Gaara and cast Tsukoyomi. Also, from midrange, if Itachi casts Susano'o, it's over. The ultimate shield and the sword will seal Gaara.

Long range:
    Even with Gaara's best bet Itachi won't be an easy target. He's an extremely intelligent tactician. He can use kage bunshin without his opponents realizing it, he's also got Amaterasu to use long range, and if he goes into Susano'o he can launch the arrows and use the sword. It's an ephemeral sword. It has no definite shape. Look at how he used it against Orochimaru. It came out from the gourd almost like a psionic blade from Psylocke. Meaning that it extends indeterminably.

Itachi wins this hands down.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally decided to vote for Itachi because of his mad Genjutsu Skills... although I have realy no idea what Itachi would do if Gaara simply decides to throw whole Tsunamis of Sand at him just like he did against Kimimaro. To me it looks like there realy aren't many ways of escaping this...

http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-19...apter-215.html

flying is the only things that comes to my mind.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi can just summon a hawk to fly away safely.

All in seriousness though, his Susano'o with Yata Mirror should be able to defend against that, no?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Itachi has the Sword of Totsuka and Yata Mirror in this Tournament? Well then, it's a no contest. Itachi takes this without a doubt then. Thing is, Itachi can be a beast even without relying on his MS Techniques. He can cast a genjutsu at you by just pointing his finger at you, he can make make seals so fast not even a sharingan could keep up (at least not Kakashi's). Only doubts here are, would Itachi be able to last long enough to make Gaara leave himself open? Not only stamina wise, but could Itachi constantly keep evading Gaara's almost efforteless attacks? He was barely able to avoid some attacks by Sasuke, sand coming from everywhere won't be any easy with him being half-blind and all. But I still go with Itachi, Gaara might put a good fight, but in the end Itachi's smarts and his speed at making seals should give him an opening to strike down Gaara. Be it with Tsukuyomi, a giant Fireball or just a Shadow Clone that explodes in Gaara's face...
    Last edited by kelv015; June 28, 2011 at 08:35 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well due to Itachi's inconspicuous and quick ways of casting genjutsu, I'd say he'd trap gaara in one before gaara would have a chance to do anything serious. Then gaara would be in serious trouble, if not out right lose. Gaara hasn't been shown to be capable of defending against genjutsu, and I would give him the benefit of the doubt in that regard, if it wasn't Itachi we were talking about.

I think the whole "he'd fly in the air" argument is pretty weak considering he's never done that against an opponent that couldn't fly. However, Itachi could trap him before he could do even that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Itachi can just summon a hawk to fly away safely.

All in seriousness though, his Susano'o with Yata Mirror should be able to defend against that, no?
    I don't know since the Yata mirror can only defend so much and I really don't see how the sand will be affected by it. With the sand Tsunami, the entire battlefield literally changes which allows Gaara to bury Itachi in which it would turn to a battle of endurance. Although, Itachi could stab Gaara with the sword while he in buried.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So...the sand is going to bury Itachi inside of Susanoo? Also, the Yata Mirror blocked explosive tag attacks (which aren't elemental in nature)...I can't see it not being able to block the sand >_>

Edit: Although (and I think this is what you were getting at), once he completes that technique, he has an abundance of sand with which he can launch attacks from all angles. From what we've seen, Gaara should outlast Itachi in a test of stamina, no? So if he stays inside his sand orb, and the third eye can't be caught in genjutsu, and the Sword of Totsuka doesn't pierce him through the orb, he actually should win the fight from that point.
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; June 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Well due to Itachi's inconspicuous and quick ways of casting genjutsu, I'd say he'd trap gaara in one before gaara would have a chance to do anything serious. Then gaara would be in serious trouble, if not out right lose. Gaara hasn't been shown to be capable of defending against genjutsu, and I would give him the benefit of the doubt in that regard, if it wasn't Itachi we were talking about.

I think the whole "he'd fly in the air" argument is pretty weak considering he's never done that against an opponent that couldn't fly. However, Itachi could trap him before he could do even that.

I think the point is that we are able to use the abilities of combatants in ways that are possible, not just the precise way they did things before. We can combine the best of everything.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    So...the sand is going to bury Itachi inside of Susanoo? Also, the Yata Mirror blocked explosive tag attacks (which aren't elemental in nature)...I can't see it not being able to block the sand >_>

Edit: Although (and I think this is what you were getting at), once he completes that technique, he has an abundance of sand with which he can launch attacks from all angles. From what we've seen, Gaara should outlast Itachi in a test of stamina, no? So if he stays inside his sand orb, and the third eye can't be caught in genjutsu, and the Sword of Totsuka doesn't pierce him through the orb, he actually should win the fight from that point.
    I'm not saying that it can't block it but it's like what your Edit says since the sand would be literally everywhere. That and it is possible to bury Itachi inside Susano'o with the sand.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think the shield acts like a big onesie, it blocks like a regular shield. If Gaara tried an attack from multiple directions, I think the shield will block some and Susanoo will be open for others.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the issue with that is that a lightning bolt that took out the hideout didn't really damage Itachi while he was in Susanoo...the sand's strength is in its volume and Gaara being able to crush you when you're actually in it. It doesn't exactly punch through stuff like Rasengan or cut through things like wind. Not to mention that if the Susanoo could protect a busted Itachi from Kirin, I can't really see it being opened by the sand...

Like I said though, if he can avoid Tsukuyomi/genjutsu, and not get slashed/stabbed by the Totsuka Sword, he should win that fight.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    I think the issue with that is that a lightning bolt that took out the hideout didn't really damage Itachi while he was in Susanoo...the sand's strength is in its volume and Gaara being able to crush you when you're actually in it. It doesn't exactly punch through stuff like Rasengan or cut through things like wind. Not to mention that if the Susanoo could protect a busted Itachi from Kirin, I can't really see it being opened by the sand...

Like I said though, if he can avoid Tsukuyomi/genjutsu, and not get slashed/stabbed by the Totsuka Sword, he should win that fight.
    When I said bury I don't expect it to go through Susano'o though. It's more of holding him down there where Itachi is forced to keep Susano'o up to prevent himself from dying which is bad for him since he haven't shown to be able to maintain it for long.

This fight can easily go eitherway for me. I'm still going to have to wait before voting since both is pretty much capable of pulling out a win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't Itachi look at the sand and set it on fire with Amaterasu? And basically let all the sand burn until it's gone?

Also, Itachi kept up Susanoo for a while, considering he was freaking dying and had already used Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi =/...it'd be like saying Kimimaro can't keep up his final dance for long, since he did it and promptly died, lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaara can still move the area with sand that is on fire (and some more around it if he cannot do it with extreme precision) and leave the remainder. He could even use the sand that is on fire to his advantage if Itachi cancels susanoo at some point. Itachi might be forced to turn off amaterasu if it is used against him.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

didnt the tsunami take ages before it was set up? he was making the sand underground wasn't he? i think itachi has enough speed to get in swords length at the get go and activate susonoo before gaara knows whats up and stab him through his sand and suck him up.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast