Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

41 33.61%
  • Kimimaro

81 66.39%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee vs Kimimaro

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee vs Kimimaro

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Being Maito Gai's apprentice he also followed the road of hard work and taijutsu. Thus his inability to mold chakra for ninjutsu or genjutsu is not hindering his career as a shinobi. Capable of high level taijutsu moves and opening 5 chakra gates, he is one of the most powerful rookies of the manga, with devastating physical power and blinding speed.

As a member of the Kaguya clan, Kimimaro possessed their rare bloodline, Shikotsumyaku. With it, he was able to manipulate the bones in his body to form weapons and create defenses through his many dances. His bloodline also appeared to give him some limited healing, as his bones and skin quickly regenerated from the damage done to them. In addition, Kimimaro holds the Earth Seal, giving him an increase in chakra and physical power. Kimimaro is skilled enough with his Cursed Seal that he can preform partial transformations. With his abilities, Kimimaro is well suited for close combat fighting. He has demonstrated impressive speed and dexterity to go alongside his taijutsu.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by 3c; June 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

Kimimaro win,it took rock lee and gaara a lucky shot that kimimaru died while performing Shikotsu Myaku ,kimimaro was sick but that didn't stoped him to gave gaara a tough fight and close to dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave my vote to Kimi but I can't stop thinking of the fact that Rock Lee was without his gates when they faced each other. I mean how effective is his skeleton when he can't even react to his opponents speed? However, the moment he enters level 2, it's over.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i go with lee but he will have to open all the gates he can and maybe uses his drunken fighting

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimimaro use his highest cursed seal form and use his highest Dance technique to cover the whole land with Corpse Bone, gaara and lee almost got kill if it wasn't for kimimaru dying before striking the kill shot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee will hold his ground for some time but in the end all his effort will be futile.

We've already seen that Kimimaro without cursed seal is superior too one gate Lee... he was able to fight back a bit with his drunken fist, but thats it, he didn't inflict any damage at all. Some people might argue that Lee wasn't in his best condition during this fight because he just came out of hospital, but thats completely irrelevant because Kimimaro himself was in a much worse condition.

While Lee was already on his way to recovery Kimimaro just came out of his deathbed and his condition was only getting worse.

He can't use his Lotus on Kimi because the second he grabs him he will get impaled by bone spikes growing out of Kimis back. Even if Lee goes five gates and uses Extreme Lotus I doubt it will do much more, because as we have seen even though the layer of sand above Gaara's skin was taking some damage it was still enough to prevent Gaara from being harmed:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-90-17/...hapter-85.html

Gaara also took a direct hit from the extreme Lotus when the armor was already damaged and a few moments later he was able to stand up and walk away without showing any signs of injury:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-91-4/n...hapter-86.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-91-13/...hapter-86.html

Kimimaro has superior physical defense even compared to Gaara so Lee's strongest attack shouldn't do much more then leaving him a bit dizzy.

Another proof of that is Gai's Noon Tiger:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-56935-...apter-507.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-56935-...apter-507.html

This is the by far strongest Taijutsu Attack we've seen until now... far stronger then anything Lee has shown... and it wasn't even enough to knock out Kisame. All it did was leaving him bruised. While Kisame is undoubtably a sturdy fighter, his physical resistance is nowhere near Kimimaro's level.

And last but not least Orochimaru said it himself:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-221-17...apter-216.html

So to sum it up: Lee fails because all he's capable of are physical attacks and physical attacks are useless against Kimimaro.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

7. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kimimaro will win this round, basically cuz all the proves point to him as the winner. Kimimaro was going to kill both Gaara and Lee if he didn't had die of his disease. Kimimaro was truly a beast, but at the same time, i think that if Lee opened some gates everything could change. Lee with the gates opened is crazily strong, i am not sure if Kimimaro could beat a Lee with for example 6 gates opened.
    I won't vote for now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the last time they fought we didnt get to see them go all out. Lee didnt open any gates, he was hurt from the chuunin exams and he held his ground pretty good. And Kimi went CS2 against Gaara not Lee. But honestly I dont know what will happen once Lee opens the gates. I dont think Kimmi's bones can block Lee's attacks. I wanna say Lee wins but Im not sure. Ill post later, I need more time

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jorped

Lee can only open 5 gates and that wasn't enough to break Gaara's sand armor to the point of inflicting any serious damage.

If Lee opens gates he can probably pummel Kimimaro around a bit while he tears up his own muscles, so he will only end up beating himself.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi - at first I thought how to make Lee win this, but in the end Kimi is all about taijutsu and his kg which nicely fits with that taijutsu, so.. yeah, he is a freakin' tank, no matter what Lee pulls its meaningless in the long run.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to note that when Shikamaru-tachi left the village to chase after Sasuke, Lee could barely walk up a flight of stairs (a long flight of stairs, but he still needed a crutch IIRC)...I don't remember how long they were pursuing Sasuke, but I can't think it was longer than 2 days or so. So while Lee had had the surgery performed and such, he was obviously not at 100%. Kimimaro was obviously dying, but Lee wasn't exactly pristine himself. I'm struggling to see how Kimimaro handles 5 Gates Lee, so I'm withholding my vote for now.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A simple tackle from CS2 Kimimaro did almost the same damage to Gaara's sand armor as Lee's extreme Lotus... not only that but it also broke through a thick wall of sand like it was nothing before even conecting with the sand armor.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-221-6/...apter-216.html

And while his Dance of the Clematis didn't break the Shield of Shukaku (which is Gaara's ultimate defensive jutsu) it has torn a major hole into it. Now ask yourself what a 5 Gates Punch or Kick would have done to that fat Racoon if those same punchs and kicks where unable to even penetrate the thin layer of sand above Gaara's skin.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-222-3/...apter-217.html

Lee's gates may look more flashy then Kimimaro's SC2 Attacks, but the power boost he gets is simply overrated... I think its obvious Kimimaro's attacks are more powerful and destructive. The only thing Lee gets on Kimimaro by using those gates is speed, but if he's unable to wound him thats just useless because all he accomplishes will be beating himself.

@UchihaHunter

So what? At least he was out of hospital while Kimimaro should still have been in the intensive care unit... that guy even said it himself: His body was useless and he was moving it on willpower alone.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-206-5/...apter-201.html

I won't give any credit to Lee for fighting handicapped when his opponent was even more handicapped.
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 02, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    Well the last time they fought we didnt get to see them go all out. Lee didnt open any gates, he was hurt from the chuunin exams and he held his ground pretty good. And Kimi went CS2 against Gaara not Lee. But honestly I dont know what will happen once Lee opens the gates. I dont think Kimmi's bones can block Lee's attacks. I wanna say Lee wins but Im not sure. Ill post later, I need more time
    I totally agree. More time is needed here. Eight Gates vs. Cursed Seal 2 ends in a double knockout. On one wins.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee. Three reasons:

1.-He has an inferred power up from the time lapse, I know it seems unfair for me to give it but I will, this guy is all about hard work, has he supposedly become a slacker all this time?, I don't think so.

2.- Lee was sick at the time.

3.- There's no way his drunken fist can be one third as good as him releasing the gates.

So for me it's like this: Upgrade + Injury + not having used his best arsenal against Kimi = win for present Lee.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 02, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    Lee. three reasons:

1.-He has an inferred power up from the time lapse, I know it seems unfair for me to give it but I will, this guy is all about hard work, so has he supposedly become a slacker all this time?, I don't think so.

2.- Lee was sick at the time.

3.- There's no way his drunken fist can be one third as good as him releasing the gates.

So for me it's like this: Upgrade + Injury + not having used his best arsenal against Kimi = win for Lee.
    I give you some reason why kimimaro win.
    Kaguya Clan.
    Kimimaro's body was badly damaged and still kimimaro fought so hard and strong techniques.
    Kekkei Genkai,Shikotsu Myaku =Kimimaro has the ability to manipulate their bone structure. They can remove their bones at will to create weapons as strong as steel and also use their ability to spurn the creation of new bones.
    Kimimaro will use These taijutsu techniques would mix body movement with his ability to extend bones. Kimimaro would also use his Earth Seal to expand these dance forms, granting him the ability to use his bloodline to its ultimate limit.
    Curse Mark,Kimimaro to use his highest cursed seal form and use his highest Dance technique as the limit to cover the land full of Corpse Bone Gaara thought that he killed Kimimaro gaara and Lee let down their guard. Appearing from behind them Kimimaro was within striking distance to kill the two ninja, however he had pushed his body too far and it finally gave out, ending his life.
    this is why kimimaro win and he is more skill even if his body was badly damaged.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast