Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread!

This is where all general discussions about the tournament will take place, this is with other words the tournament's hangout. Before you join the discussion we ask you to get familiar with the tournament rules. This post will be updated with various info which can of course be discussed.

Agenda of discussion:
    • Predictions about the tournament's strongest contestants in both tiers (explained below) and potential winners. While the bracket is yet to be announced, we have revealed the list of combatants. Share your predictions!
    • With Naruto's enormous cast bringing everyone in was impossible. Are there anyone you miss that would have been a better choice than others? How far would they have gotten in the tournament?
    • General thoughts around the tournament.
    Tournament Information

The Tournament's Setup
    Because of the quantity of characters that we want to include and the level difference between them, we have decided to split the tournament into two parts. The tournament will therefore consist of two separate tournaments - a Top Tier and Low Tier tournament. The Top Tier will consist of all the characters that the staff has measured as "very strong" fighters that are in a seperate league compared to the fighters in the Low Tier. In some cases the difference is not that large, but a line had to be drawn someplace. The Low Tier will consist of all the "weaker" characters that made the cut.

Note that the characters that were chosen were done so on the basis of how much we know about them. As such characters with too much mystery in terms of combat ability have not made the cut as the discussions would largely be centered around vague assumptions.

Spoiler: List of combatants in the Top Tier show

Spoiler: List of combatants in the Low Tier show

Spoiler: The Brackets + Bracket System show

Spoiler: Tournament Schedule show

Spoiler: Tournament Results show

Spoiler: Other Important Information show
    Last edited by Rikudou King; June 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Updated
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

2. Thanks 26 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if you'd like suggestions right here on the thread, but I believe that Zabuza could fill that final spot, as mist is a notable problem to anybody when coupled with his silent killing... I think he could be bumped from the lower tier into the higher one...

Aoba Yamashiro would be my recommendation for filling the space he leaves... He has notable moves (The shadowy crows to divert attention and give cover, mind reading, able to send his chakra through thread connected to kunai's, pretty impressive with taijutsu) And he was shown on mission More than once, and both times we saw him in action...

I apoligize if this isn't the right place to make suggestion... and you can delete this post right away if it isn't (just DM me) :0)
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Rezzie, this is the right place. :3

Interesting suggestion. Zabuza is one of those characters that is really in the middle of the pact. He isn't one of the heavy hitters, but he's not some weakling either. I just don't know if he even has a chance if he was put in the top tier. In the lower tier, he at least has a chance you know? I personally would rather give someone a chance in a tournament then just to have them be steamrolled in the first round.

However, if we did do that, I think Aoba would certainly be a character worth considering to fill the void. Like you said, he has demonstrated quite a few abilities and the discussions around him wouldn't just be speculation.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Asuma and/or Kimimaro (depending on his performance in The War) should be added to the Top Tier. Asuma has shown a wide range of fighting styles and techniques. His taijutsu with his trench knives is top notch, his intellect and strategic ability were quite high (no Shikamaru but still...), and his elemental jutsu were all powerful. I'm not sure if this is a consideration but the data book puts his stats at 32.5, one of the highest in the series so far. He was also a member of the Twelve Guardian. Is he one of the super nins in the series? No but he could surely give several of the ninjas in the Top Tier a run for their money. And I think Kurenai should take his place in the Low Tier.

On another note, has there been any thought as to whether or not their should be a middle tier? Many of the ninja in the Low Tier aren't ranked high enough, IMO, and the opposite can be said for some of those in the Top.
    Last edited by White Silver King; March 25, 2011 at 08:12 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some who may belong to the other tier, in my opinion.

Zetsu is probably low tier, or shouldn't participate at all, since we don't know anything about his abilities. Mifune and Darui too maybe, but these two are closer to the top.

Asuma and Zabuza are almost definitely top tier. Asuma was in this group that had to protect the daimyo, or something like that, I think... Kimimarou and Haku are close, too. Shikamaru is probably low tier indeed, but he defeated Hidan, a high tier ninja, alone, albeit with some preparation... And what about Kurotsuchi? We only saw her fighting once, couldn't Kurenai fill the spot instead?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the tiers.
    Adding a middle one wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would be hard.

I don't know for you, but I can see Torune winning against a lot of those in the Top Tier. Maybe we should consider adding him.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zetsu, Neji, Yamato, Shikamaru, Suigetsu, Juugo, Temari, Kankuro, Zabuza, Lee, Kankuro and Sai would make a good Middle Tier IMO. They hardly deserve to be lumped with the likes of Ino and TenTen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About Zetsu... It's kind of hard to actually gauge what he can do in a one on one battle... his Storm Troopers are being handled quite nicely on the field (not easily though). Even though he can "become one with the land" the only thing we really know about his attacking capabilities are his supplementary spores and the fact that he is a canniblistic scavenger (animal who eats recently dead or dying animals)...

Though there are "effective" things you can do with those abilities, in the Top tier he is "seemingly" outclassed
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem with Asuma is that we don't know enough about him. So far, the only two fights we saw (vs. Kisame and vs. Hidan and Kakuzu) were him getting owned. Most top tiers can beat Asuma, hence why I think he wasn't put there. I still think Kimimaro and Yamato should be on top tier though, Yamato anyway. He could still walk after being pierced by chidori and his Mokuton is definitely powerful, even if it's not comparable to Shodaime's.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a matter of drawing the line somewhere. Asuma and Zabuza are both definitely capable fighters, but I don't see them surviving the first round in the top tier tournament without having a really lucky draw.

Splitting the tournament into three would indeed be the easiest way to include them all in a fair bracket. The only problem is that it makes the low tier tournament incredibly boring (basically just full of fodder) and thus pointless. As such we decided to have two tiers. I think the name "low tier" kind of hits home with people you know? It sounds like it's a noob tournament, but in reality it's actually a middle tier with some fodder in it (Tenten, Ino etc), not the other way around.

Like you can see the X in the top tier is open for discussion, so someone like Yamato have a chance of being bumped. I will say this though, Kurenai won't be included as we know nothing about her. She did decently in a genjutsu exchange with Itachi and that's it. Aoba is a good suggestion for a possible fill-in for Yamato.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Zetsu shouldnt participate on this cuz we still dont know much about him, and the fights with him would be almost only suppositions!

And Kimimaro on the low tier, makes easier to know, who is probably going to win there

But apart from that , i think i agree with everything and i cant wait to see this tournament starting

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to this tournament ^^
    Zetsu shouldn't be in the top tier though. He isn't much of a front line fighter. His 100 000 clones is just fodder, most of the (probably all) low tier fighters could take Zetsu clones I guess. Well, well, We'll have to see how it turns out in the tournament

When does the tournament start?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We should either bump Kimmimaro or Yamato to the top tier.
    Or add Torune.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all: YAY!

Second of all: I agree with the rest: Kimimaro should be in top tier, because he would curbstomped all the characters in low tier xd <yeah, we may see some more of him in the war, but what we know so far = we know he is capable fighter of curbstomping all the fighters so far in low tier here >

Third of all: I like this kind of tournaments, I vote in Bleach one even though I don't write any stuff - I'm not so into this than I'm in Naruto. Nonetheless, I vote xd
    Here, on the other hand, I will definitely put also my thoughts on the matter, hehe.

And finally: even though these tournaments are fun, I liked better the polish "version" of such tournament: character popularity with one vs one, voting, not based on "power/strength/abilities,etc", but based on who ppl like more. It was real fun.

I'm looking forward to the tournament, though.

btw. is there some kind of idea when it will start? I'm not asking about specifics if you don't know yet, but maybe month or sth? xP

Editto:
    I read the rules, and one thing which strike me.. somewhat, and I thought I will write it here if I'm alone on this or maybe others think the same:
    Quote Quote:
    3. Sasori does not have access to any of his poisons.
    You know - part of Sasori's strength comes not only from his puppets, but also from his poison which is on that same puppets. I know he has IS at his disposal, many, many puppets, but thinking of him without his "one hit = poison hit" thingy just makes him considerably weaker in my eyes. He shouldn't have any limits, imo.
    Of the rest limits: I think they are good, hyhy ^^
    Last edited by juUnior; March 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

about yamato , i dont known
    until now he only managed to give me dissapointments, come on he has cells of first hokage and by that way he can use mokuton, and he only manages to be this strong?

looking to the top tier, i can only see 2 or 3 that i think he would have a chance of winning, based on what we saw from him until now!
    So why should he be at the top tier, i think it is okay seeing him on the low tier , it will make thinks more interesting there

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast