Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 436 Discussion/437 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 436 Discussion/437 Predictions

The new chapter is out! Get it here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...43/c436/1.html

As usual, use this thread to discuss the latest chapter and what you think will happen next.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 436 Discussion/437 Predictions

The fights look like it's going to be a very close one... we can't really know who's going to win this one, it might end up in a draw... if one of them loose it's going to be because of a mistake, maybe Sakaki will leave an opening while he's trying to protect Kenichi from something

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice color page! The fight is going pretty well, Sakaki an God Hand are the top of tops!

But Kenichi was ridiculous this chapter! After all the enemies he defeated in this manga, when will he surpass Miu? He is very far from being the strongest disciple, they should send Miu to fight yomi instead... Kenichi wants to protect Miu but needs her to even narrate this fight...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Miu might not being stronger than Kenichi. It seems even though in some aspects she's better than Kenichi, in others he may surpass her, RNK vs RS for example.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have recently gotten into this manga and I love it!!! I personally think that Miu just has experience over Kenichi who has come a far cry from "weak legs" Kenichi to a very powerful expert level Kenichi. Miu will probably be stronger than Kenichi until Kajima appears and the reunion between Father and Daughter where Kenichi will be pushed to his limits. Not to mention all the other disciples he still has to beat like Ryuto, Chikage and maybe a new disciple by that Silat master.

I have to say that Kenichi and Miu's relationship is getting better and the Shinpaku alliance has become more powerful with its members. Anyways I think Sakaki will struggle against Akira but with his disciple there I doubt Sakaki wants to lose in front of him. After all the current record is 125 wins to 126 losses meaning its Sakaki's win for the taking to even out the score.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter although I can't say I liked kenichi's part in it. It was outright sad.... The guy who defeated kano shou and most of yomi somehow seems extremely pathetic.... I mean, shouldn't kenichi be getting this martial arts stuff by now? I get that miu is still his superior but it still seems as if kenichi should be better. Wasn't kenichi supposed to be at least close to the expert class according to what his masters said? Dunno, some chapters it really does seem like kenichi is a mildly interesting character while others he is made into a little bitch.... Can't the author make a decision regarding whether kenichi is a bitch or not and stick to it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not 100% sure that this fight between Akira and Sakaki will be finished. There was a strong implication in earlier chapters of Silcardo using Akira to get Miu to forsake Ryouzanpaku and Elder to become his new disciple. I wouldn't be too surprised (almost expecting it, really) for Silcardo to make an appearance during this fight for that purpose, although I'm not sure what he's going to do.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the fuss.

Just because Miu can see more of the fight than Kenichi doesn't mean she is stronger. After all, she has more experience with master-class level fights. Not to mention her fighting style places priority on reading moves. She is not a tank like Kenichi, and if she took the kind of hits Kenichi does without softening the blows she would be toast. She wasn't THAT much better anyway, Kenichi just had a hard time because he couldn't settle his spirit to use his sei properly.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Nice chapter although I can't say I liked kenichi's part in it. It was outright sad.... The guy who defeated kano shou and most of yomi somehow seems extremely pathetic.... I mean, shouldn't kenichi be getting this martial arts stuff by now? I get that miu is still his superior but it still seems as if kenichi should be better. Wasn't kenichi supposed to be at least close to the expert class according to what his masters said? Dunno, some chapters it really does seem like kenichi is a mildly interesting character while others he is made into a little bitch.... Can't the author make a decision regarding whether kenichi is a bitch or not and stick to it?
    The obvious answer is that like always, the author continues playing around with the leading characters' power levels; Miu and especially Kenichi still lack a stable power level despite 436 chapters passing so far. This reason is probably why Kenichi is still referred to as a Disciple-class fighter on several occassions despite the author stating previously that Kenichi had leveled up to the Expert-class.

One of my major reservations about this series is how the author handles feats. Take the Shou fight as an example. Kenichi walking away from the fight was 100% plot considering how Shou hammered Kenichi for 99% of the fight. Because Shou was ~2x more powerful than the rest of Yomi at that point of time he was an opponent Kenichi should never had fought so early in the story. The author having reservations about the precedents that fight would establish is probably the catalyst for what happened within the next 20 chapters to Kenichi following Shou's death: (1) Miu humiliates him for the 1000th time, (2) Boris strangles him, and (3) Koukin kills him. While the manga acknowledges Shou's death, the author hit a reset button concerning the stunts/growth Kenichi pulled off in the Shou fight.

This trend has been disturbably blatant though within these past 10+ chapters. One example is where Kenichi and Miu spent nearly an entire chapter struggling against Shou's bodyguards. Then out of nowhere Kenichi proceeds to one-shot the both of their opponents. In one panel. A second example is where a nameless fodder swordsman pwned Kenichi + Miu a couple of chapters ago. That fodder swordsman moved at a speed too fast for either one to follow despite both fighters repeatedly demonstrating the ability to react to (garbage) Master-class attacks.

A third example just occurred this chapter and is one of the biggest inconsistant feats in the entire manga: Kenichi almost fainting courtesy of a Ki blast. Kenichi has been unerved by such blasts plenty of times, but never once did he come close fainting. He didn't faint when Akisame and Alexander clashed and he didn't faint when Aagard and Apachi clashed. He didn't even come close to fainting when Akisame, Kensei, Apachai, and Sakaki blasted Kenichi at the same time. Kenichi nearly fainting is garbage considering how the character has previously handled such situations for the past several hundred chapters.

This is why I take many things the author showcases with a lick of salt. You never know when the author will change his mind and retcon previous developments. The manga's only saving graces are its decent worldbuilding and its decent fights. Other than that I would have dropped this series a long time because I cannot stand Miu's + Kenichi's characters and the manga's godawful Bleach-like pacing.
    Last edited by Franckie; June 29, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

There's an explanation for all of that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    There's an explanation for all of that.
    Explanations are useless if the author fails to persuade the audience. For example, this is the first time Kenichi has struggled so intensely to maintain himself when confronted with the Ki from a Master-class fighter. Him turning into a pussy and nearly fainting repeatedly is unprecedented in the manga and it contradicts previous feats. Kenichi has been unnerved plenty of times before by a Master's Ki but never once did he faint, and several of those occassions include him being critically injured at the time. We even have a feat where he was hit by the combined Ki blast of 4 Supermasters by surprise and was in no danger of fainting. Does it make sense for Kenichi to struggle so intensely to maintain his composure as he has been doing for these past 2 chapters? No. This example is a clear-cut case of the author being inconsistant.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Franckie; however, HSDK is not one of the mangas I read for integral storyline and plot progression. I am fairly interested in the fights, lolz and such. The plot/story has plenty of potential and it is always great when something important is revealed but the amount of backtracking and uncertainty is really, well, sort of annoying. Which, causes me to not really get too in depth in though about such things in HSDK any longer.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought last chapter pretty much set up the fight so the first couple pages of them just charging felt like wasted pages I would have preferred a cliffhanger instead of a stare down cos now 3pages next week are eaten. Kenichi is a weak bitch, I think the whole thing of Kenichi being shook, is that its the first time its been supermasters with such opposing energy. Like what happened to Ryuto when he mixed dou & sei, but since Ryuusui Seikuken you gotta feel others emotion him tryna read both leaves him shook. This one attack a chapter shit is fucking weak Sakakis punch lasts 4pages!

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I tip my hat to Mr. Franckie

Sakaki was a total dick with Super Badass Master Akira: "I have the support of my family, hence I should do better than an orphan like you."

You may not know it, but words can hurt more than a master fist- Lectro Volpi

Still, I just love the fact that Sakaki is a Dou-Agressive-Yet-Cares-For-Life Master and Akira a Sei-Calm-Killer-Machine. I Wonder if they are just going to knock each others out, but even if they end in a draw it will feel like a loss for Akira. Satsujin Ken is hard to please.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as the ki goes I saw two issues which differed from previous situations:

1.- The clashing ki were complete and utter opposites which apparently made it more dificult to bear
    2.- This is probably the highest level master fight we have seen in the manga so far and kenichi has witnessed. I daresay akira and sakaki most likely have more powerful ki than even kensei and sougetsu....

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast