Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HSDK 436 Discussion/437 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 436 Discussion/437 Predictions

I am surprised no one has mentioned Miu's robot eyes yet. To me at least, every time she gets serious or what not, she takes on these orbital looking pupils and it makes her look like a freaking robot. I kid you not. Like in this chapter she gets all serious and showcases these eyes while watching the fight. Come on now, this is just too silly.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as far as the ki goes I saw two issues which differed from previous situations:

1.- The clashing ki were complete and utter opposites which apparently made it more dificult to bear
    2.- This is probably the highest level master fight we have seen in the manga so far and kenichi has witnessed. I daresay akira and sakaki most likely have more powerful ki than even kensei and sougetsu....
    Thank you for pointing that out it needed to be said. He has been present during such high level master class fights before, like between Agaard and Apachai but since he was in the middle of a fight himself he couldn't properly appreciate it.

Secondly, this whole "is he a disciple class or an expert class arguement?" is sort of ridiculous. Matsuena-sensei isn't being inconsistent. Kenichi and Miu's power levels aren't wavering. The simple fact of the matter is that everyone in this series is improving. No character really remains static. The other Yomi disciples? Yup their training too; they're improving. Yes, Kenichi defeated the strongest Yomi (other than possibly Kajima Satomi) but the others continued to train and improve. In that sense they are just like Kenichi himself. I mean they are each a disciple of a master dedicated to producing the strongest, right? So its completely reasonable that he would struggle against them as well.

Also why can't Kenichi (and Miu) be both a disciple of a master and still be in the ranks of the so-called "Expert-class"? Not once has Matsuena-sensei stated that can't be so. How else is a fighter supposed to improve? In fact as I've read I've noticed a subtle difference in Kenichi's training and attitudes since the proclamation that he was an Expert-class. Yes the masters still push him relentlessly but slowly it seems Kenichi has shifted further away from learning techniques directly to learning through observation and gaining experience by watching what his masters do. Just like Miu his training regime is more about self improvement. In a sense he has an extra "Master" in Miu because he learns consistently from watching her too (and I don't just mean checking her out)

So I'm sorry Franckie and anyone else that agrees with you, I must disagree. If you reread the manga and take note of what the author says (victory is not determined by strength, strength is not equivalent to power, constant training results in improvement however slight) you will see the consistency of Matsuena-sensei's work.
    Last edited by Deadbear; July 02, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know why it's even a discussion, the manga stated it as canon that Kenichi is in the class between Master and Disciple... it's like adolescence for teens, a trying and difficult stage.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 437 is out, by OC scans

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the relationship between Kenichi and Miu is finally getting better again and they are growing closer and closer, there hasn't been much improvement for quite some chapters

love that Manga though, one of the best and still can't believe the Anime was stopped!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2