Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: "The Union" Discussion Thread

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"The Union" Discussion Thread

Just what it says, here everyone can talk about "The Union", the opposing factor of the Noblesse faction.

What do you think is their ultimate goal?

Who or what are the Elders, the so called rulers of "The Union"? Is there the possibilty of someone above them, like f.ex. an almighty leader?

Is the betrayal of six Clan Leaders related to them?

What kind of Enhanced Human will they create next or already have in store?

Will Crombell climb his way up and be the final villain or just a little step in destroying "The Union"?

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts, feel free to share and ask what's in your mind!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "The Union" Discussion Thread [Warning: Spoilers!]

I think the ultimate goal of the union is to create or replicate Noble like powers for themselves.

This is why the union took a liking to Dr. Crombell. Since they believe he is close to achieving that goal.

Quote Quote:
    Who or what are the Elders, the so called rulers of "The Union"? Is there the possibility of someone above them, like f.ex. an almighty leader?
    We know that at least one head of the union does not like Crombell. After all, he sent D5 too snoop for his information.
    It will be interesting if there is an ex Clan leader who is the head behind them.

Quote Quote:
    Will Crombell climb his way up and be the final villain or just a little step in destroying "The Union"?
    According to the last chapter that he was in, Crombell was being appointed an elder. So I believe he already has climbed up the ladder. I do not think anyone knows about him having powers, like Franky does. I doubt he will be the final villain but I have to bet that Franky and him will have a reunion.

I think the final "bosses" will be the former clan leaders.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The Union is destined to be the Evil side in this story. I think that the author introduced all the Noblesse including the lord before the rest of the Union members because he's planning on making them as strong as the Noblesse. Usually, Villains stay in the shadows until the main character reaches a certain level of strength... But in Rai's case, I don't think that it will be the same.
    The mysterious characters that were discussing Crombell are the ones that I'm concerned about. Also, I guess that one way or another, the Union will reach (or reached already) a very high level of human enhancement system that will allow them to go against the Noblesse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the union had something to do with the last lord's death. The lord was betrayed and they referred to the ones who betrayed him by "they" so there is a group of people besides Rai that we didn't get to know...

Before the latest chapter, I used to think that the leader of the Union should be someone that formed a contract with the last Lord in order for him to be strong enough to face Rai in a battle. But after hearing that Frankenstein is the only human that the lord acknowledged, this theory was laid to rest.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My take on the union is similar to the rest of yours. I think it is being set up to be the ultimate opposition to the Raizel and the old world nobles.

And i think, based on the name of the series and some themes that have come up, the difference that will cause them to fight is how they regard humans and the role of "Noble" itself.

The Union definitely does not respect human life, seeing them as inferiors whose lives are worthless, and due to this my guess is their definition of "noble" is probably much close to the definition of "tyrannical overlord". They probably view their subjects as duty-bound to serve their interests; as opposed to those like Raizel who feel duty-bound to serve the interests of their subjects.

The name "Noblesse" implies this concept, so that's where i think the conflict between the Union and Raizel(and by extension everyone allied with him) is ultimately going.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the union had something to do with the last lord's death. The lord was betrayed and they referred to the ones who betrayed him by "they" so there is a group of people besides Rai that we didn't get to know...
    The Union didn't have anything to do with the previous lord going into his eternal sleep. It was said that humans could barely protect themselves 400 years ago, but the former lord passed away 500 years ago. Not only that, but the ones that betrayed him are not referred to as 'they' but were actually said to have been six clan leaders, and they were all close to him and Rai.

I get that impression that the betrayal against the former lord was nothing more than just an act of defiance against his ideals or his law, not an attack. It has been heavily implied that the lord willingly went to his eternal sleep, and nothing suggests that he was killed or forced into it. For one, it was said that the former lord respected the fact that the traitors wished not to go into eternal sleep with him, and was said elsewhere that Rajak's father, Kertia clan's former leader, followed the former lord into his eternal sleep.

I agree that The Union are probably going to be the ultimate villains in this manga. I even foresee some kind of war near the end of the manga. Something like Nobles vs Werewolves vs The Union, or possibly Nobles & Werewolves vs The Union. If Shinwoo gets some development and becomes a little more relevant, it's possible that he would be a major player in this war. It's obvious that the author still has plans for him - nothing small either.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "The Union" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Who or what are the Elders, the so called rulers of "The Union"? Is there the possibilty of someone above them, like f.ex. an almighty leader?[/I]
    The elders are those who control the Union... And from what we can see so far, it doesn't look like there is someone above them, since their important decisions are usually made in conference of all the elders. Though that makes me thinking, don't you think it is kind of impossible for such a big and influential power to be so 'peaceful' in terms of internal control? I bet Crombel is pulling strings from behind as the sole leader of the Union. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Is the betrayal of six Clan Leaders related to them?
    Until the last arc we can now tell that there is a high possibility that the clan leaders from the betrayal era entered the Union and worked with them... I think there must've been more than just Roctis. Not sure if the Union is the actual reason of the betrayal, though there is a possibility as well.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The union had Rai's coffin right. So one of the ex clan leaders must have done something to let the coffin escape / be found by Franky?

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We were having some discussion about the Union, so here I am bumping the thread. As phio said in her post here, that is a good question. Do you think there is a King or a President type of figure in the Union?
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; November 10, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we've only seen the 11th and 12th elders transform and both of those have been animal like in nature and we know that the 9th elder enhaced the 12th it might be possible that the 10th has been enhanced by him as well.

My guess is that 1-8 are the traitors with a werewolf or two mixed in and 9-12 are enhanced humans. I'm thinking #1 is the eldest of the traitors.

Speaking of the traitors, iive always wondered what happened to their successors. We know that Gejutels was killed but they must have had their own or it would have never been an option for them to enter eternal sleep in the first place. Were they killed during the betrayal or are some of them in the union?maybe one has been enhanced and is the 7th or 8th.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Since we've only seen the 11th and 12th elders transform and both of those have been animal like in nature and we know that the 9th elder enhaced the 12th it might be possible that the 10th has been enhanced by him as well.

My guess is that 1-8 are the traitors with a werewolf or two mixed in and 9-12 are enhanced humans. I'm thinking #1 is the eldest of the traitors.
    Aren't the elders we see up to this point all are enhanced humans who also received "blessings" from the traitors of the nobles?

Interesting to see werewolves being mentioned here. Probably they indeed have such in their team; at least I thought Crombel may know one thing or two about werewolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Speaking of the traitors, iive always wondered what happened to their successors. We know that Gejutels was killed but they must have had their own or it would have never been an option for them to enter eternal sleep in the first place. Were they killed during the betrayal or are some of them in the union?maybe one has been enhanced and is the 7th or 8th.
    I think this would be better of at the Nobles Discussion Thread.

But in relation to the Union, I wonder if Roctis and some other nobles there are from the betrayal. Or they came later or even long before the betrayal happened. The highest chance so far would be those who escape the betrayal, I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its only been confirmed that the 12th was contracted to Roctis. I think if the 11th or the 10th were Rai would have said something by now. I think all 3 are experiments of the 9th.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai doesn't speak, until it's absolutely necessary, last time Franky sensed the contraction, not Rai.

Most probably at those two elders had been used another way of enhancing, developed by Union than "simple" contract between noble and already enhanced human (as in 12th case). Mankind is pretty inventive, if it have a chance.

And about the marking of Elders ... It's true, Crombell earned his position of elder despite "being weak" in comparsion to the other elders, but it has been said, he's hiding his power (for some reason) so Union actually most probably don't even know he hold some exessive powers (or maybe they know he's somewhat enhanced, but never witnessed his powers so they considered him weak). That's maybe why had been made number 13 (if I miss the fact he has been the last one picked up) if the elders are sorted based on simple power.

In that case, Roctis is "pretty weak" or at least five Elders are strong as hell, since Roctis is no. 6, despite being clan leader from "previous generation" (all traitors are from Gejutels generation as clan leader, which means stronger than actual clan leaders, but probably weaker than Gejutel, since he's pretty old, maybe oldest from all of them).
    Last edited by Jitt; November 10, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When they first arrived on the scene Rai told Frankenstein that while faint he could sense the aura of Roctis. Franken just confirmed it while fighting him.

Roctis is elder #4. The 9th elder addressed him as such when they were discussing the 12th elders death.

I agree that its possible that Gejutel is the oldest of the previous generation of clan leaders ind could be the strongest. If he isn't he's close to the top.
    Last edited by Blackdynamite410; November 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Union was originally created so that humans could become self-sufficient. Maybe some of the nobles created it for that purpose, and gave certain humans their power.

But maybe those humans used the power for evil, and things took a turn for the worse. Remember Frankenstein was fighting the nobles because he thought they were responsible for all the vampires. Maybe it was caused by the humans who were given power from the nobles.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't surprised me, if Frankenstein was the "base stone" of Union today ... I mean, legends about him, because it must have been spread in his time, that mysterious human hunted the "vampires" successfully. Maybe someone was inspired by his example and founded a Union: purely human organization, specialized in hunting the vampires (aka mutants). And nobles just poured the oil into fire at right time.

New Reply