Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naruto's downfall & the dawn of the Legend!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's downfall & the dawn of the Legend!

I think the only thing that could abolish my distaste for Naruto's character is if he loses the Kyuubi... and I was always hoping he would for a couple reasons, and I think that the setup of the war, the Moon's Eye plan, and Naruto's current abilities give logical enough reason for him to lose the Kyuubi.

1: Sage Mode. It's a perfect replacement for a bijuu in that it actually has downsides AND gives him all the abilities of his Kyuubi shroud save for regeneration. Increased speed, strength, stronger jutsu, and boosted durability. Even better, anything he pulls off would be thanks to power that didn't come from a beast made of pure hatred. Kinda defeats his message if he's spreading peace by using a hate-monster's chakra to do so.

2: Sense of desparation. So far there has been no true sense of dread throughout the war. Until Madara becomes dangerously close to succeeding with his plan, there won't be. Meaning that Bee HAS to die, and Naruto HAS to lose the Kyuubi, granting Madara status as the new Jyuubi Jinchuuriki and throwing everyone on the battlefield into a sense of despair. Defeating Madara without him being the clear and present most powerful ninja ever won't make for a good ending IMO, and with Naruto handicapped with only Sage Mode and Itachi's power, it gives Sasuke reason to help him out... or die trying.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto's downfall & the dawn of the Legend!

all arguments aside...i don't think naruto is arrogant as much as he is loyal to his comrades and country.how would any of you feel if there was a war being fought over you...all your family is involved and getting wiped out.of course you would want to fight on your own behalf...so his decision is no different than the one i would make or you would make.it has nothing to do with arrogance...it's only right for him to get involved.
    how can you ask anyone to die for you if you aren't willing to die yourself for what you preach/believe in?

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    2: Sense of desparation. So far there has been no true sense of dread throughout the war. Until Madara becomes dangerously close to succeeding with his plan, there won't be. Meaning that Bee HAS to die, and Naruto HAS to lose the Kyuubi, granting Madara status as the new Jyuubi Jinchuuriki and throwing everyone on the battlefield into a sense of despair. Defeating Madara without him being the clear and present most powerful ninja ever won't make for a good ending IMO, and with Naruto handicapped with only Sage Mode and Itachi's power, it gives Sasuke reason to help him out... or die trying.
    I agree with this second point...but only because of the desperation you mentioned...the only time we got anything remotely close to this, was when Madara appeared with GM on the field...and that was awesome...if something similar would be achieved would be great...

On a side note I don't really like the possibility of Naruto losing Kyuubi for various reasons...but I am willing to somewhat agree with this being good if it is done for that purpose

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto is not acting arrogant so that messes up your theory. when naruto fights he is serious and is never over confident, or arrogant. it would be out of character when he fights he is a smart fighter ho comes up with many different strategy's to win. right now he knows he is the only one who can stop madara and i doubt he would lose the kyuubi since minatos sacrifice would have been for nothing. the kyuubi will play a huge role in defeating madara. so what kushina and minato did for him would have been a waste if he lost the kyuubi. i think madara will just use kin and gin for the kyuubi. so there is no way naruto will lose the kyuubi he will be the last jin alive in the manga. what would have been the point of minato putting the kyuubi in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I think the only thing that could abolish my distaste for Naruto's character is if he loses the Kyuubi... and I was always hoping he would for a couple reasons, and I think that the setup of the war, the Moon's Eye plan, and Naruto's current abilities give logical enough reason for him to lose the Kyuubi.

1: Sage Mode. It's a perfect replacement for a bijuu in that it actually has downsides AND gives him all the abilities of his Kyuubi shroud save for regeneration. Increased speed, strength, stronger jutsu, and boosted durability. Even better, anything he pulls off would be thanks to power that didn't come from a beast made of pure hatred. Kinda defeats his message if he's spreading peace by using a hate-monster's chakra to do so.

also i doubt sasuke will help naruto vs madara he will finish him off on his own. madara and naruto have been made as opposites madara the darkness and naruto the light. i think sasuke will still be evil when madara falls. plus i think naruto will mix sage mode and this RM to a new form. we already saw a hint vs pain. so he will not lose the kyuubi. it would make minatos death pointless.
    Last edited by NAM61; July 14, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any doubt Naruto will lose Kyuubi, but I don't think he will gain Rinnegan. Rather I believe he will meet an Uzumaki, an elder, who will pass everything onto him. Thus the rebirth of the fearsome Uzumaki Fuuinjutsu.

There are a few reasons I think this will happen, one is because I believe it was Madara who was behind the destruction of Uzushiogakure. The other is Naruto's recent recognition of only being able to defeat Edo Tensei via Fuuinjutsu and at some point he is going to have to seal the Juubi. For this he will need extremely powerful Fuuinjutsu, the kind his mother and father knew.

Let's not forget that members of the Uzumaki clan possess incredible longevity. One example of this is Uzumaki Mito who was still alive during Hiruzen's reign as Hokage.
    Last edited by Naruto_Rasengan; July 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Liof's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't think he'll lose QB, the kingin brothers were there for a purpose
    Narutoworld Pervs aprove this message...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Really a lot of good points and constructive criticism, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    naruto is not acting arrogant so that messes up your theory. when naruto fights he is serious and is never over confident, or arrogant. it would be out of character when he fights he is a smart fighter ho comes up with many different strategy's to win. right now he knows he is the only one who can stop madara and i doubt he would lose the kyuubi since minatos sacrifice would have been for nothing. the kyuubi will play a huge role in defeating madara. so what kushina and minato did for him would have been a waste if he lost the kyuubi. i think madara will just use kin and gin for the kyuubi. so there is no way naruto will lose the kyuubi he will be the last jin alive in the manga. what would have been the point of minato putting the kyuubi in him.

also i doubt sasuke will help naruto vs madara he will finish him off on his own. madara and naruto have been made as opposites madara the darkness and naruto the light. i think sasuke will still be evil when madara falls. plus i think naruto will mix sage mode and this RM to a new form. we already saw a hint vs pain. so he will not lose the kyuubi. it would make minatos death pointless.
    I doubt you read my other post about arrogance, since you say the opposite of what I meant by the word.. Granted, it was a huge post

When you hear the word arrogant, you can easily misinterpret the message sended, because arrogance can be understood in more ways, yet still similar in it's meaning, though not quite.

What I mean by this, is the way Naruto is being portrayed by Kishi.

Yet another example is;
    Bee is supposed to be superior (sensei if you like), Naruto doesn't respect Bee as his sensei, and talks like a street boy in a rough environment, bossing Bee around where being arrogant is essential for surviving. The problem is, Naruto is no street boy, he didn't grow up like that, it was different.
    Almost as if it wants to make a uproar against Japanese's view on society? O.o but that's another take on the issue...

Don't forget that Naruto has not been showing any "good" moments with his friends since Jiraiya died. Naruto has grown lonely, withdrawn into him self, and thereby arrogant as well through his sense of responsibility.

What I try to say is, Naruto is not the same any more since Jiraiya died.. Either Kishi f****ed up, or Naruto is undergoing a change once again preparing for the final Naruto, character development.

Call it whatever you want, but Naruto is not showing prober etiquette right now.

It also reflects in that everything is focusses on "the second characters" and "the main character" but the two don't mix anymore, plot vice, it's almost as if Kishi wants to do this intentionally, for whatever reason it may be in the big picture.
    For example a flawed Naruto, finding his path back to his old "personal" self through his nakama.

It's my take on it, I enjoy constructive criticism, so disagree all you want just not that it feels like you read the following post's in the thread about understanding the word arrogant.

I agree with you that it won't add up Naruto getting Rinnegan this way, (if he had to), but in that case, it would still make sense for Kushina and Minato to sacrifice their lifes, although their intentions would fail, they still created the Hero who would save the world through their actions, just not as planned. Yet I agree, it's a bit flawed, but so is all the foreshadowing telling Naruto will loose the Kyuubi, which will it be? We probably can't tell at this rate...

Peace

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

On another matter, if Madara achieved the Juubi, i'd love for some different theories on this, how will Naruto fight Madara? Assuming he does not get the Rinnegan, or even, if he did afterall?

What are your ideas? Please share
    Last edited by Quantized; July 18, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2