Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

17 56.67%
  • Mediocre

12 40.00%
  • Awful

1 3.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 117 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Disc/118 Pred Thread

Lol about Elizabeth comment

Well Roxanne says that Cassandra strenght is equal to a number five without her technique, but she was a number 5 back then and she was not superior to Cassandra. We have not seen Hysteria´s past, and Norihiro needs to tell how Cassandra died.

Roxanne nature is scary, but I like it.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare and Elena "shared a pillow" too, so as much as our dirty minds like to take this, there's probably nothing lewd about it, just two trainees sleeping together, comforting each other, as they undergo the pain of mutating into Claymores and/or their training.

-----------

Also, from the text, we actually don't know for certain if Roxanne was with Cassandra actually, nor do we know if it's referencing when as Trainees, as ranked Claymores in the past, or more currently as ranked Claymores between them, again if they ever were together - knew each other... And then it's made even more confusing with the manga telling us that this was just Roxanne's made up story after Cassandra died...

----------

Goral makes a good point, as much as Roxanne is stealing abilities and surpassing those she steals the abilities from, she was also dead, someone or something killed her, so she's not godly... she's been killed before, she can be killed again

however, we don't know yet how Roxanne died... or if she even did actually die... as remember she had her memories intact and even knew about them being Revived... so maybe she was never dead and thus never revived, or maybe her death was a part of her unique Yoki Synchronization... and now she has whoever's ability that she "synchronizedly died with", like maybe Cassandra, who's now revived, and so is Roxanne possibly with Cassandra's ability now?

--------

Also, back then is when Cassandra was only a rank 5 in power level without her technique, we don't know how powerful Cassandra was when she was attacked by the other Claymores and fatally killed by Roxanne, though she would seem quite powerful from this.

however, Cassandra is shown struggling against Rank 3 Audrey, Rank 5 Rachel, and Rank 9 Nina, so maybe she's still only has the power of a rank 5 without her ability.

or... maybe Audrey, Rachel, and Nina are more powerful than normal ranks of 3, 5, and 9, or maybe just their teamwork and abilities are powerful together.

-------------------------

Intrigue question:

Did the Organization put Roxanne into the Awakened Hunts for her to steal their abilities, or did Roxanne join in on the Awakened Hunts without the Organization knowing about it (I think this is unlikely though) ??? Does the Organization know about her ability to steal abilities via Yoki Synchronization or not ???

----------------------

Mysterious Question:

Roxanne's unique Yoki Synchronization... her eye restoring after Neideen's death...

how does Roxanne's unique Yoki Synchronization work... is it like Hidan's ability in Naruto... ????

--------------------

well, we now do know that there's the Claymore's own power level and then her abilities' power levels, a warrior can be made more powerful thanks to what abilities they may have.

-------------

we sure got a lot of new characters introduced.... briefly... lol

------------

It's too bad we never learn what Rank 5 Elizabeth's "beautiful" ability was... argh!

---------

we learn that all these new characters were in Cassandra's Era, including Roxanne.

But we still don't know when Cassandra's Era was in the time line, argh.

--------

obviously Roxanne's unique Yoki Synchronization ability calls into question the other Yoki Synchronization of characters...

-------

Also, Roxanne is said to be able to completely suppress her Yoki, similar to Priscilla, or is it actually not at Priscilla's level, but merely powerful enough for those who were in Cassandra's Era with her?

-------

etc, anything else I'm forgetting for comment about ???

--------

P.S.

Cassandra and Roxanne first met (doesn't this then contradict them "sharing a pillow", eh ???) in the mountains of Lautrec (the western land). My, a lot of stuff does seem to happen in Lautrec, lol.

Also, I can't remmber off hand, but it said that one of the new Claymores named, had her area near Roxanne's....

Are these three characters (Cassandra, Roxanne, and 'whoever it is') all have their areas in Luatrec, or were they (Cassandra and Roxanne) traveling through the area and/or on missions in the area, but it's not their assigned area ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 03, 2011 at 03:12 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    What's troubling is that without her secret technique, Cassandra is "on the level of an average number 5". But Audrey, Rachel, and Nina together are only barely able to beat her. Seems like the current generation warriors are really pathetic...
    It might apply only to her non youki release (and that's how Roxanne and Cassandra sparred and that's how she was fighting Audrey and the rest). Since she was said to be many times stronger than #2 it must have been the case. It's possible that just by using 10% of her youki she would start to show her true power, similar to Teresa's case and would trump 30% Audrey and the rest because she would have so much higher factor by which her youki increased. I could buy something like that.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 03, 2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: nvm

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On Roxanne's ability, I assumed it was a more powerful version of Galatea's technique. Well kind of anyway. The way I see it, synching her yoki with someones allows her to in a way "hijack" their movements for herself. She reads it and has her body copy the flow of yoki in whomever she is focusing on. That is what I think.

As for Cassandra's strength. The fact that the "Dust Eating" technique takes her 4 ranks above her base ability, really says something. Technique's have always been important in this manga, but now we see how much it can improve someone's strength and how beastly it can make them.
    Last edited by eefrit; August 03, 2011 at 03:16 PM.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another excellent point Goral, I forgot that it did say that Cassandra, as a rank 1, was far more powerful than the unnamed (ARGH!) rank 2, as is usually the case, as Miria herself explained with the exponentially growing gap between ranks from rank 6 to rank 1. Yes, Cassandra seemingly hasn't ever been seen releasing her Yoki yet, currently nor in the past scenes of her. Another good point too Goral, albiet-but did we see Roxanne ever releasing her Yoki as well ???

-------------------

good point as well eefrit !!!

we see how powerful Clare gets from her using Quick Sword (unfortunately, we don't know how the Quick Sword of Irene compares to Irene's own power level).

Also, when Clare is using her PYSA, her power level skyrockets: (1) Miria: ~"It felt as though Clare was more powerful than even Ophelia" (2) Various Claymores/Awakeneds/NYs (or specifically the "Spiderman" male AB): ~"I can't tell if you're strong or your weak, in one moment your Yoki/Power Level is off the charts, and the next moment, it's puny..."

----

Actually Yoki Synchronization seems to make you "one" with the other character you're Yoki Synchronizing with, as seen by the Soul Link of Alicia+Beth, ~Rafaela+Luciela, the AFs, the TAITs, Galatea with Clare, Clare with Jean, and Jean with Clare. And, learning one's abilities while you're "one" with them, makes sense, goes along with what we've already seen of Yoki Synchronization/Soul Link.

------

again, I ask, hehe:

is Roxanne's unique Yoki Synchronization similiar to Hidan's ability in Naruto ???

--------

Rather than thinking that Audrey, Rachel, and Nina are weak, I think it's the opposite:

Audrey, Rachel, Nina, Miria, and the TAITs are very powerful (they were the ones who were able to survive and kill the AFs, and who are the ones who survived and are currently fighting the 3 Revived rank 1's too).

As remember, seemingly it was Audrey or Miria (can't remmber which now, argh), who said that Audrey wasn't fighting seriously against Miria when Miria was disabling the Claymores... So, it's quite possible that Miria may not be more powerful than Audrey...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 03, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say Hidan, more of a sharingan mixed with Shikamaru's shadow technique, lol.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was lazy...

it's either a version of one of them (Hidan, Shikamaru, Uchiha, or Naruto) or whatever a combination of them, hehe.

as it is quite mysterious how Roxanne losses her right eye, which just happens to match up with Neideen's missing right eye, and then when Neideen dies, Roxanne's right eye is "magically" restored... as well as also having learned Neideen's ability

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious if Roxanne finally learned Cassandra´s technique, because she was number 1 but that does not mean she was really powerful, considering if the Org. does not have someone better to replace at the moment when the number 1 dead. (The strenght level between those two is not clear yet).

Roxanne knows Youki synchronization, but it does not mean she can control the youki like Galatea does.

Other thing is according to the fight with the AB in the north, the youki control of the opponent did not work with Claymores who had a control of big amounts of youki released during the battles (Clare and her arm when the north´s AB paralyzed the entire team, Dauf concentrated against Galatea, Clare and Deneve against the north´s AB and releasing their power to deceive him).

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cassandra's technique is Limbo. At Limbo, only Hermes Conrad can defeat her. More seriously, I think that part of the reason the technique is so powerful is that it's not like something anyone else uses. If you see it, and fight against it, you'd be able to develop the skills to at least reduce the efficiencly. Although I imagine the real reason Cass didn't like using her technique where anyone else could see it is emberesment. It may be effective, but it does look undignified. I wonder if Cass will remember about Roxanne. If Roxy did have something to do with her death, she might stop attacking the Claymores to attack Roxanne.
    I gotta see if I can find another translation before I do my review. I want to check some of the names.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Old_Mate's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatintheHat View Post
    I am curious if Roxanne finally learned Cassandra´s technique, because she was number 1 but that does not mean she was really powerful, considering if the Org. does not have someone better to replace at the moment when the number 1 dead. (The strenght level between those two is not clear yet).
    Yeah, I think it’s implied that Roxanne did learn Cassandra’s technique. The awakened beings that Cassandra killed were always hacked to pieces according to this month’s chapter. And back in chapter 113, it was said that Cassandra was cut to pieces by nearby warriors when she passed her limits. The way Cassandra killed awakened beings and the way she was killed herself seems pretty similar. And Roxanne was there when Cassandra died.

Also I wonder if warriors are able to sense their own unique youki signature. Because the way it was mentioned in the chapter it sounds like Roxanne can only hide her youki from a particular target. I wonder if her youki synchronisation is that good that her youki signature mimics that of her target, making her target subconsciously ignore her. Or if her ability is more along the lines of Raftela’s ability, in that she uses youki synchronisation to control the sensors of her target, allowing her to hide her presence. The way the pirate captain number 9 died against that low level awakened being, with other warriors apparently watching the fight, it does seem that Roxanne manipulated Neideen’s sensors or youki at some moment during the hunt.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pigstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Roxanne is my new favorite,
    we all know how the other two died atleast,
    but I think after roxanne killed Cassandra and become the new number 1, she become unsatisfied and go killed herself, crazy though for love and hate

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Mate View Post
    Yeah, I think it’s implied that Roxanne did learn Cassandra’s technique. The awakened beings that Cassandra killed were always hacked to pieces according to this month’s chapter. And back in chapter 113, it was said that Cassandra was cut to pieces by nearby warriors when she passed her limits. The way Cassandra killed awakened beings and the way she was killed herself seems pretty similar. And Roxanne was there when Cassandra died.

Also I wonder if warriors are able to sense their own unique youki signature. Because the way it was mentioned in the chapter it sounds like Roxanne can only hide her youki from a particular target. I wonder if her youki synchronisation is that good that her youki signature mimics that of her target, making her target subconsciously ignore her. Or if her ability is more along the lines of Raftela’s ability, in that she uses youki synchronisation to control the sensors of her target, allowing her to hide her presence. The way the pirate captain number 9 died against that low level awakened being, with other warriors apparently watching the fight, it does seem that Roxanne manipulated Neideen’s sensors or youki at some moment during the hunt.
    Yeah, it has sense the way that Cassandra died. If Roxanne can control other claymore´s youki, it will be difficult for her to fight against someone who excels in youki reading and control, because those claymores tend to identify youki by size and distance and usually have a great control to release their own youki (that is why I granted examples like the AB in the north).

It makes me wonder if Roxanne pushed Cassandra to awake, assuming that she can control youki.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    My guess for the match-ups are:

Helen and Anastatia vs Cassandra

Miria and Cynthia vs Hysteria

Dietrich and Deneve vs Roxanne. Hopefully, they lose and Miata and Galatea swoop into and kick ass.

Veronica on support.

Uma detaining the MIB.
    Veronica is already dead. She died during the northern campaign.

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    WSK probably means Tabatha , and they do look alike, they both have ponytails

Roxanne could have been a defensvie type but judging from her use of ability I'd say shes an offensive one. Regarding her eye that returned to normal dont you think that she transplanted Neideen's eye to her?
    Roxanne is very skillful in fact I think shes the only one from a low ranking number to rose to number one spot. Her ability youki synchronization is somewhat different from Galatea and Clare's version. Galatea can control minimum movements of the opponents if she distracts them while Clare anticipates the incoming attacks and reacts just in time to evade or counter the attacks whilst Roxanne utilizes it to copy and distort(is this right?) in a sense that she couldnt be sensed by her target. If by means of youki synchronization you can mimic another ones technique then why didnt Galatea have one or why wasnt Clare able to use the Drill sword of Jean? That is why I really think that Roxanne wont be able to copy Cassandra's technique I mean you could copy fighting styles but a certain technique like Cassandra you have to be accurate in using body movements in order to fully use Cassandra's technique. Its like Sasuke tried to copy Lee's taijutsu move but he cant copy it at all because he didnt have proper training so to say. I think the way Cassandra died was when she used her technique and when her head was on the ground SNAP!! Roxanne gave her the final blow since she already synchronize with Cassandra she could cloak her youki. And so thats why Roxanne rose to number one spot. I think Roxanne actually died considering the previous chapters where they were hung like a doll over the lab. Would you dare think that someone was alive back then, that she was purposely faking her death? It only intrigues me what caused Roxanne's death. I hope next chapter we get to see more of Miria and Deneve and co. and maybe Clare(WHAT!?) or Galatea and Miata.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 03, 2011 at 11:51 PM.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I rather like this chapter. It has violence but it's not mindless and it has a purpose in furthering the plot of the current arc. Some of our threads, which are of great length, have centered on past events. Yagi's has given us a hidden egg with this chapter, as he offers first hand evidence of what has occurred. It also may offer a glimpse of things to come.

We have all hypothesized about the outcome of the ongoing conflicts. While we have focused on the current warriors fighting the former number ones, Yagi hints at a "rogue" number one. Roxanne of Love and Hate appears to be the dark warrior, hiding in the shadows, ever present at the opportune moment to gain advancement. It's also strange that each advancement has come at the cost of another dead warrior. While this would seem logical, Roxanne had a direct relationship with each of these dead warriors. It's as if she is cannibalizing on the Organization's warriors. Forget Priscilla or power hungry Isley, I think Yagi has just unveiled the story's most insidious monster.

Would be great if Yagi would treat us to Roxanne vs Cassandra. Might just be a matter of time before each former number ones regains her memory. If I were Cassandra, I would have an inkling for retribution against Roxanne.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Chapter.

Finally we can see the story of Cassandra and Roxanne.

Roxanne is a true evil warrior. I' think that she have a double personality. It's very very dangerous. But...after all Cassandra and Roxanne fight against the recent generation of Claymore. Audrey, Rachel and Nina is not on the level of the seven ghosts. I'm sure that miria can defeat Hysteria. Rank a part, Miria have more more experience in battle. Miria + other ghosts......is a very very deathly weapon.

Is the true that the situation is now critical. Three claymore have a cut leg and this is too bad for a warrior. One of the they is gonna be out the scenes. Or maybe two..........!! Only the reinforcement can save someone of they.

I would like to see Roxanne proved by the fear......... her smile go down against a power as Priscilla.

However, if cassandra remeber her story......there is a little probability that she turn on the sword on Roxanne......... nice...nice........probability.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast