Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

17 56.67%
  • Mediocre

12 40.00%
  • Awful

1 3.33%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 117 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Disc/118 Pred Thread

1. well, with the TAITs (Roxanne's opponents) and Audrey+Rachel+Nina (Cassandra's opponents) disabled, Cassandra and Roxanne could very well battle each other as Miria battles Hysteria.

2. Or, Deneve's and Anastasia's groups comes to the rescue, hehe.

3. While Miria has lots of combat experience... she's not the only one... and she certainly doesn't have the most combat experience either. Why would these 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores not have experience as well? Hysteria (or even Cassandra and heck even Roxanne too) could very well be an excellent leaders as well for all we know.

4. Who disabled/killed all of the Claymores or was it all three of the Revived Rank 1 Claymores ???

5. Are all of the AFs destroyed ???

6. are the Claymores killed or just disabled ???

7. Did Roxanne kill off all of those who died or was it just a lot of coincidences and she had no involvement (except with Cassandra, whom she did kill, albiet seemingly a cheap shot after Cassandra was wounded and off-guard) ???

8. Does the Organization have a back up plan if the 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores are defeated by the Rebelling Claymores or if the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores defeat the Rebelling Claymores but then turn on the Organization ???

9. How/Why are the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores battling the Rebelling Claymores ??? Did the Organization (Dae) tell them to do so, or are they just protecting the Organization on their own against the Rebelling Claymores, or maybe they are just testing themselves against the Rebelling Claymores not having any desire to actually kill them ???

10. I thought that these 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores were "troublesome or difficult" for the Organization trying to control. Yet, only Roxanne seems that way... Hysteria defied the Organization in the past so she could be also a problem. But, what about Cassandra, as she doesn't seem to have any "problematic" personality... or does she... ??? ...hehe

11. Also, what about them possibly Awakening ??? As they don't seem to be at all in any fragile or unstable states, lol. Maybe, they'll be pushed combat wise to Awaken, but otherwise they don't seem like they'd ever Awaken. So, why did Yagi have the BCs comment/worry about this... ???

12. What about Raki and the Trainees ??? Could it be possible that the Organization does manage to capture them and then use them as hostages against the Rebelling Claymores (if they were to manage to defeat the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores) ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 04, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess on how Cassandra died is that she used her Dust-eater technique against the mob of warriors sent to purge her. By doing so it became difficult for the other warriors to land solid hits on her (hence she was cut an absurd amount of times without dying). Then Roxanne took advantage of the situation using her single-target yoki suppression ability to land a mortal sneak attack, killing Cassandra. It's kind of like the strategy Priscilla was suppose to use on Teresa, had she actually gone through with it.

5. I'm going to guess the AF's are destroyed, at least the ones that were there. It would be strange if they were passive just because the 3 number 1s showed up.

6. both probably

7. I think she had something to do with it, doubt she directly/physically killed them.

11. I think the possibility remains, obviously, since any Claymore can awaken. However, after reading the scene again i think Dae was kind of telling the messenger guy to "stop pestering me and the number 1's will be done when they are done." Rather than "they are all going to be unstable but less so if you give me time."
    Last edited by Freeloadersan; August 04, 2011 at 06:08 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    1. well, with the TAITs (Roxanne's opponents) and Audrey+Rachel+Nina (Cassandra's opponents) disabled, Cassandra and Roxanne could very well battle each other as Miria battles Hysteria.

2. Or, Deneve's and Anastasia's groups comes to the rescue, hehe.
    Both could still happen, just with with a different order. The two might start fighting, then Deneves group shows up, or vice versa

3. While Miria has lots of combat experience... she's not the only one... and she certainly doesn't have the most combat experience either. Why would these 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores not have experience as well? Hysteria (or even Cassandra and heck even Roxanne too) could very well be an excellent leaders as well for all we know.
    I'm sure that all three number ones have a lot of combat experience. But Miria is probably the better leader. None of the three seems to have the right kind of personality. Hysteria didn't care for her fellows, and Cassandra was always keeping her skills hidden.

4. Who disabled/killed all of the Claymores or was it all three of the Revived Rank 1 Claymores ???

5. Are all of the AFs destroyed ???

6. are the Claymores killed or just disabled ???
    I'm guessing that it was the three, as we see them immediatly after all the Claymores are cut down. At to wether or not any of those Claymores are alive, that depends entirly on how merciful the Dead Three are. Finally, I think all the AF's are destroyed. They don't have the brains to stay out of the fight, so if any of them were alive, we'd have seen them.

7. Did Roxanne kill off all of those who died or was it just a lot of coincidences and she had no involvement (except with Cassandra, whom she did kill, albiet seemingly a cheap shot after Cassandra was wounded and off-guard) ???
    The others deaths sure do seem suspicious. I don't know if she killed them with her own hand, but she could have set it up. And if she has any yoki manipulation skill, all she has to do is set it up so they miss one block or jump.

8. Does the Organization have a back up plan if the 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores are defeated by the Rebelling Claymores or if the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores defeat the Rebelling Claymores but then turn on the Organization ???
    I doubt it. The AE's were the backup plan. The 3 are the second backup plan, and using them now is kinda desperation. Rimuto only agreed to let Dae do it because the org's warpower is so depleted.

9. How/Why are the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores battling the Rebelling Claymores ??? Did the Organization (Dae) tell them to do so, or are they just protecting the Organization on their own against the Rebelling Claymores, or maybe they are just testing themselves against the Rebelling Claymores not having any desire to actually kill them ???

10. I thought that these 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores were "troublesome or difficult" for the Organization trying to control. Yet, only Roxanne seems that way... Hysteria defied the Organization in the past so she could be also a problem. But, what about Cassandra, as she doesn't seem to have any "problematic" personality... or does she... ??? ...hehe
    Didn't Hysteria say she felt she had to kill them, last chapter? I think that Dae put in something like a post hyptnotic suggestion while he was re-animating them. How well it will control them in the long run, I don't know. As for Cassandra, the fact that she fought when the org wanted her dead, and kept her skill hidden, that alone probably qualified her for troublesome.

11. Also, what about them possibly Awakening ??? As they don't seem to be at all in any fragile or unstable states, lol. Maybe, they'll be pushed combat wise to Awaken, but otherwise they don't seem like they'd ever Awaken. So, why did Yagi have the BCs comment/worry about this... ???
    Hysteria already started to awaken once. That's why she was killed. Also awakening often happens as a resualt of emotional truama. I imagine remembering you death would count as emotoinally truamatic. Finally, they revived them with Priss's arm and Yoki. This is not exactly something that has been done before, so who knows what might happen after they've been fighting a while.

12. What about Raki and the Trainees ??? Could it be possible that the Organization does manage to capture them and then use them as hostages against the Rebelling Claymores (if they were to manage to defeat the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores) ???
    My money is on no. As we've seen, Raki is kicking the handlers asses. He and the trainees don't need to stand and fight, they just need to get away. And the trainees at least, once out of the Org's building, should be able to run much faster than the handlers.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking and in my opinion Lutecia the Universal's nickname works for Roxanne much better than Of Love and Hate.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At last. ZERO PHOENIX has finally returned. I'll be brief.

1) Roxanne of Love and Hate - Her name makes perfect sense and yet it does not. Roxanne is clearly covetous of the abilities she finds in superior Claymore. She admires them for possessing great skill but at the same-time she hates them for having abilities beyond her own. Of course that's only until she finally learns their skills and the Claymore in question is KIA. Roxanne of Love and Hate, the name fits. However, I find it odd that the MIB would give her such a name knowing full well how she earned it. Roxanne has taken a liking to her teammates whether it be for personal or professional reasons. In either case the MIB would have to be profoundly stupid to not find it suspicious that anyone who Roxanne gets close to dies.

2) Cassandra The Dust Eater - Couple things. I think Cassandra is so cute whenever she blushes. She's obviously a bashful Claymore which is a type we've never seen. Of course I also have to wonder if he relationship with Roxanne was a bit less than professional. The two of them "sharing a pillow" could just be a girl thing or..., in any case I liked the background info on Cassandra but I was letdown by her "special ability." Her heads moves like a pendulum and she uses her bodies centrifugal force to lower her position. I immediately had to ask myself if I was reading Claymore or Air Gear because this "brand" of physics is something I've only seen from O!G.

All in all it was an acceptable chapter. There wasn't much in the way of action but it was a nice move to develop both Roxanne and Cassandra. It seems that Roxanne is like a copy Claymore but I'd very much like to see if she developed an ability unique to her and her alone.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    At last. ZERO PHOENIX has finally returned. I'll be brief.

1) Roxanne of Love and Hate - Her name makes perfect sense and yet it does not. Roxanne is clearly covetous of the abilities she finds in superior Claymore. She admires them for possessing great skill but at the same-time she hates them for having abilities beyond her own. Of course that's only until she finally learns their skills and the Claymore in question is KIA. Roxanne of Love and Hate, the name fits. However, I find it odd that the MIB would give her such a name knowing full well how she earned it. Roxanne has taken a liking to her teammates whether it be for personal or professional reasons. In either case the MIB would have to be profoundly stupid to not find it suspicious that anyone who Roxanne gets close to dies.

2) Cassandra The Dust Eater - Couple things. I think Cassandra is so cute whenever she blushes. She's obviously a bashful Claymore which is a type we've never seen. Of course I also have to wonder if he relationship with Roxanne was a bit less than professional. The two of them "sharing a pillow" could just be a girl thing or..., in any case I liked the background info on Cassandra but I was letdown by her "special ability." Her heads moves like a pendulum and she uses her bodies centrifugal force to lower her position. I immediately had to ask myself if I was reading Claymore or Air Gear because this "brand" of physics is something I've only seen from O!G.

All in all it was an acceptable chapter. There wasn't much in the way of action but it was a nice move to develop both Roxanne and Cassandra. It seems that Roxanne is like a copy Claymore but I'd very much like to see if she developed an ability unique to her and her alone.
    I dunno if u have read Hajjime No Ippo [ only read till about chapter 500 , still havent found the time to read the remaining 500] , but the physics of the dust eater seems very close to that of the Dempesy Roll . In boxing , it consists of moving ur whole body as a pendulum hence gaining momentum for doing good attacks , but in Claymore , it seems that it was sorta been tweaked in the way that only the head moves hence lowering the posture for a more defensive approach .

EDIT : I want more of Raki

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle Simulation: Cassandra vs Hysteria

from another site,

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    the speed that matters in close combat, is close combat speed ("quickness"), and Cassandra has it (as well as agility too), Hysteria doesn't.

Hysteria is superior UNTIL she gets close to Cassandra, but once Hysteria gets close to Cassandra, it's Cassandra who's now the superior one.

let's look at Hysteria's "Elegant Step" against Miria:

Hysteria is able to move at great speed right next to and by Miria, slicing her once as she goes by Miria, stopping behind Miria, and trying to slice Miria again from behind.

Miria got sliced, because she's NOT Cassandra, she doesn't have Cassandra's close combat "quickness" obviously.

Now let's see what happens if we replace Miria with Cassandra:

Hysteria does her "Elegant Step", Cassandra "wobble/pendulum" dodges the slice as Hysteria runs by Cassandra, and as Hysteria stops behind Cassandra to slice her, Cassandra has already spun around and cleaved Hysteria into pieces (or at least her legs, and without legs, no more "Elegant Step" for poor Hysteria!), hehe
    -------------------------

My understandings at how/what Cassandra is doing with her "Dust Eater" Ability, and Knightwalker's comment on how Cassandra is remaining in the same spot, she's not "snake slithering".

Cassandra’s “Dust Eater” Ability:

from another site,

I think that basically Cassandra spins around. You slice at her, she moves her head own and away, which causes her to "fall", however, she spins during her fall, and turns it into a counter attack, spinning around to slice her opponent up.

(pretend someone punches at you with their right hand, you grab their right arm with your left hand, and keep pulling their right arm to your right. They're off balance now, you spin around away from them, clockwise, and smash their head with your right arm's elbow as your come around from your spin, hehe. Cassandra does it slightly differently, but its nearly the same use of their own motion to put them off balance and into your own counter attack)

I actually think it's rather cool, and the best ability of the 3 of them, hehe
    her head "wobbling" or "swinging like a pendulum" is the same as any fighter (UFC/Boxer/Pro Gamer at SF3: 3rd Strike - hehe), as they do the same thing, bouncing their head and body (by their feet) around too, so you don't know what they're going to do or which way they're going to move in.

which ever direction (right or left) the attack comes from Cassandra leans-dodges her head in the same direction causing it to just miss over her head, but this then causes them to be off balance, and Cassandra in a perfect position to spin around and slice them up, hehe.
    it's a basic move of martial arts... it's not that weird...

let me take one more stab at explaining it...

an attack is coming from the left and moving to the right

you dodge, turning your dodge into spinning around, and you then turn you spinning around into an (counter) attack such as a kick or an elbow...

hmm... I'm not sure if I could find a vid of it on youtube... I could try to but it probably won't be easy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightwalker View Post
    By the way did anyone notice that Cassandra did not move whatsover. She stayed in one position, hence the way she used centrifugla force. In other words she planted herself in inertia and then moved in a circular manner increasing her speed and ability to dodge and attack the way she did.
    If you really look at the panels each of the Claymores went to her. I don't think there's any slithering involved in her ability.
    ---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

P.S.

now that we know about Hysteria's, Cassandra's, and Roxanne's skills, is anyone interested in discussing Fantasy Fights between the old rank 1 Claymores and these 3 new Revived Rank 1 Claymores, or you can discuss the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores against each other too, here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2521058

(please post your discussions in the linked thread above, if you're interested in discussing this)

Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 04, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    I hope Roxanne had learned something else to copy other´s technique, she must have a surprise. Also how about Roxanne speed, sure she can copy techniques, but is she capable to copy techniques with the same result ???? (for example trying to copy Miria´s technique, it will be the same)

I really want to see the group of Deneve and how is going to change the battle, and see Dietrich she is quite special, I really like her character.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was not expecting a full chapter of back story for those 2...Roxanne is kind of interesting... can't say the same for Cassandra even though her technique does look like a strong one... But this really seem hopeless for the rebel group.. I wonder how they'll get out of that one

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...this generation of Claymore seems pants in comparison to the previous ones tbh, with the exception of Alicia and Beth and even they seem a bit tame when you look at the others.

Also, I know this was a couple chapters back, but how did Miria heal herself so quickly when she got hacked down (though not fatally)?

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Hmm...this generation of Claymore seems pants in comparison to the previous ones tbh, with the exception of Alicia and Beth and even they seem a bit tame when you look at the others.

Also, I know this was a couple chapters back, but how did Miria heal herself so quickly when she got hacked down (though not fatally)?
    her injuries were just cuts, so it was basic Healing for her, and she also Re-Attached her severed arm too.

Alicia+Beth mainly trained their Soul Link+Awakening, however of what little we seen of Alicia, she was holding her own as a Claymore against Riful (albiet a weakened Riful), and Alicia even mysteriously caused Priscilla to actually dodge her attack as well... would Alicia had killed Priscilla had Priscilla not dodged it? Also, Beth was able to dodge Dauf easily while still maintaining the Soul Link, which impressed Rafaela within Clare, hehe.

Awakened Alicia was extremely dangerous, deadly, and powerful, Riful knew well to stay away from Awakened Alicia, or she'd be dead, as Alicia was a very real threat to Riful, superior I'd even say.

Unfortunately, Awakened Beth only fought Priscilla, but I think Awakened Beth was very powerful and dangerous too.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 05, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I amazed how a Claymore that uses actual sword skills (*gasp*) is frowned upon, considering Claymores face an insurmountable power gap to start with against ABs.

I find it ironic that 4-man AB hunting parties is probably the only useful thing the organization is going to come out of this entire project, because let's face it, we are looking at some suped-up aberrant humans trying to fight a friggin' Dragon. Ultimately teamwork is probably the only effective way to manufacture a counter to Dragons.

Steroids is only going to get you so far, and it looks like they've yet to develop an antidote for roid rage.

Dragon: Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: nvm, it's not hotlinking, as its to an upload site, and not a website's pic

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

actually, it seems as though right from the beginning (100 years ago) the continental male Claymores rivaled the Dragons (look at the 3 identical "TAITs-like" Dragons and the "Riful-like" male Awakened wherever it is in the manga - I can find the source if you need me to do so)... the Awakened continental male Claymores were equal in power to the Dragons already, and according to Rubel, they only came to the island to research and develop how to make their Claymores/Awakeneds controllable, so they don't end up destroying the Organization's forces as well as the Dragons and their forces.

which makes more suspicion of what the Org might actually be up to on the island... why are they also making more and more powerful Awakeneds... and not just trying to research and develop how to control them....

as I mean come on, Teresa herself and Awakened Priscilla, could pwn the Dragons with their "eyes closed or in their sleep", if the Awakened continental male Claymores already rival and can kill the Dragons...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 02:06 AM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Yagi's world has some crappy Dragons...sounds more like the equivalent of Drakes or Wyrms.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Key/Legend:

TAITs = the Trainee Awakening Identical Twins, they're last seen fighting against Raki and then coming to help kill the presumably last remaining AFs*.

*AFs = Abyss Feeders (or AE = Abyss Eaters, as can be seen I prefer and use AFs), the scantily clad female Awakeneds stuck in humanoid form, whom killed/devoured Isley, and etc...

---------

The TAITs' Awakened bodies is nearly identical to that of the 3 Dragons seen in the manga, and the 3 Dragons seen all look the exact same, just like the TAITs' also identical Awakened bodies.

which is quite suspicious... why/how is it that the TAITs look exactly like the Dragons (albiet, -I think-, much smaller than the Dragons, lol), instead of having an Awakened's body ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 02:17 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast