Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

17 56.67%
  • Mediocre

12 40.00%
  • Awful

1 3.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 117 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 117 Discussion

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Claymore!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
    Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 03, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pigstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Spoiler Thread

Thank you Mei Terumi:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1159532332

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese raw download link
    Claymore 117.zip

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Frogfoot
    It's not raw but Chinese scanlation, the same thing Naruto Sennin87 posted a link to.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion

Spoiler show

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a good summary of the chapter here: http://bigt1987.blogspot.com/2011/07/claymore-117.html

Roxanne is definitely the strongest, her ability is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hax! I have no idea who will be able to take her on and I daresay that we will have another another Priscilla on our hands if she awakens. Maybe Galatea will show up and actually show what she can do with her hopefully super souped up Yoki manipulation and and sensing to learn Roxannes technique.
    Last edited by White Silver King; August 02, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Roxanne is really that overwhelmingly strong, then how did she die?

I feel sorry for Cassandra, hopefully she'll end up joining forces with the good guys.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just found raw and there are two pages missing in Chinese scanlation !!! Pages 2 and 3 were skipped and instead page 4 is supposedly page 2.
    Spoiler show

We can see Claymores number 5, 18, 22 and 31 and their symbols. Interesting stuff if you ask me. How they've missed this beyond me.

@gernot
    I agree. I've said the same thing to haegar on Animesuki.

If she were as awesome as some think she is I would not be able to think of a way how she could die unless by the hands of Teresa or killing herself while trying to imitate Deneve's technique even though she was offensive type ;P.

Seriously though, how could someone like her die troubles me. Unless she would face AOs or encountered Teresa or was killed by a cloaked warrior I don't see she could die.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Scnalation's out: http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/60482319/1

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as Cassandra's name and epithet was mentioned some chapters ago, I knew I was going to like her. It looks like I was correct in my assumption.

http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/60482319/1

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So I am guessing that her ability was also copied and was eventually killed by Roxanne .
    Still , good chapter but just seemed unnecessary .

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess for the match-ups are:

Helen and Anastatia vs Cassandra

Miria and Cynthia vs Hysteria

Dietrich and Deneve vs Roxanne. Hopefully, they lose and Miata and Galatea swoop into and kick ass.

Veronica on support.

Uma detaining the MIB.
    Last edited by White Silver King; August 03, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What's troubling is that without her secret technique, Cassandra is "on the level of an average number 5". But Audrey, Rachel, and Nina together are only barely able to beat her. Seems like the current generation warriors are really pathetic...

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fê - forever alone's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a great chapter! Full of information and character development.

Does “Lautrec Mountains” sound familiar to anyone? Well, it does to me, lol.

He had some information about what we already knew, but many couldn’t understand: how or why a warrior rises in position. Now there’s no more complain or doubt about it (if there was any, lol).

The warrior gets stronger and more skillful, and that’s the priority to advance. Youki level (Size/amount/quantity whatever) is not direct related. What do I mean? Youki does not increase, it does not get any bigger; only better.

Btw, that Elizabeth was a hottie, wasn’t she? Lol.

About Roxanne, man, she’s so evil, so mean, so wicked, so cynical, so disturbed and messed-up that I can’t help but to love and hate her, lol. Seriously, she’s an amazing character – and doesn’t resemble a bit Ophellia, wich was another great character. Can’t understand why people say Yagi isn’t creative anymore because those resurrected warriors.

I mean, Roxanne is a lovely crazy bitc* that most of us will adore to hate, and she’s quite interesting too. Her ability to sync her youki or erase herself from a target and even to steal other techniques… She’s one of the most skillful and resourceful warrior I’ve seen so far (Okay, let’s put Teresa and some special cases out of this).

Cassandra is so shy, so silly(in a lovely way), so pure and so innocent that even if she looks like a rag, I wouldn’t mind at all at giving her a kiss or something else, lol. She’s adorable, and her style – although looks similar to Ophellia’s – is quite powerful. I’d dare to say that it’s even stronger and useful than my sweet Oph’s, though without this technique she’s “only” an average number 5 level.

Well, I could argue that Ophellia is number 4 because of her technique too, just piss Ophellias lovers, lol. Just kidding boys and girls, I love both of them, I’d say Cassandra stronger just because she was number 1, that’s it.

Note: Am I the only one who thought indecent things when read SHARE THE SAME PILLOW ? If I was the only one, then I’m afraid that I’m lil’ perv, lol.

Now, changing subject, I think Helen and Deneve would be a nice match to her and Anastasia plus anyone would face Roxanne in a proper and good fight. Only guessing.

Oh, my dearest girl Miria didn’t show up, as so my newest love Hysteria. That is a fight that I’m longing as hell to see it, and hoping for none of them to die. And hell yeah, I want a special flashback only for Hysteria. The other two got one, so she must get it too, lol.

I loved the art too, I heard people saying Yagi has been kind of sloppy, well, this time I didn’t get that impression at all. Just take a look at those details on the forest, “those light and shadow effects on the trees”. The only thing I agree saying is that Yagi doesn’t seem to work hard to change/modify most of the claymores designs, most of them do look a like each other, lol. ( I have no idea if I used the prepositions correctly or even if I’m being understood/ with this shi*** English of mine, sorry guys.)

27. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Disc/118 Pred Thread

haha Cassandra uses Drunken Fist Style! And Roxanne is a copycat and probably an extremely powerful defensive type.

That bit about sharing a pillow also got me thinking... :P

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast