Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
1. well, with the TAITs (Roxanne's opponents) and Audrey+Rachel+Nina (Cassandra's opponents) disabled, Cassandra and Roxanne could very well battle each other as Miria battles Hysteria.
2. Or, Deneve's and Anastasia's groups comes to the rescue, hehe.
3. While Miria has lots of combat experience... she's not the only one... and she certainly doesn't have the most combat experience either. Why would these 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores not have experience as well? Hysteria (or even Cassandra and heck even Roxanne too) could very well be an excellent leaders as well for all we know.
4. Who disabled/killed all of the Claymores or was it all three of the Revived Rank 1 Claymores ???
5. Are all of the AFs destroyed ???
6. are the Claymores killed or just disabled ???
7. Did Roxanne kill off all of those who died or was it just a lot of coincidences and she had no involvement (except with Cassandra, whom she did kill, albiet seemingly a cheap shot after Cassandra was wounded and off-guard) ???
8. Does the Organization have a back up plan if the 3 Revived rank 1 Claymores are defeated by the Rebelling Claymores or if the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores defeat the Rebelling Claymores but then turn on the Organization ???
9. How/Why are the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores battling the Rebelling Claymores ??? Did the Organization (Dae) tell them to do so, or are they just protecting the Organization on their own against the Rebelling Claymores, or maybe they are just testing themselves against the Rebelling Claymores not having any desire to actually kill them ???
10. I thought that these 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores were "troublesome or difficult" for the Organization trying to control. Yet, only Roxanne seems that way... Hysteria defied the Organization in the past so she could be also a problem. But, what about Cassandra, as she doesn't seem to have any "problematic" personality... or does she... ??? ...hehe
11. Also, what about them possibly Awakening ??? As they don't seem to be at all in any fragile or unstable states, lol. Maybe, they'll be pushed combat wise to Awaken, but otherwise they don't seem like they'd ever Awaken. So, why did Yagi have the BCs comment/worry about this... ???
12. What about Raki and the Trainees ??? Could it be possible that the Organization does manage to capture them and then use them as hostages against the Rebelling Claymores (if they were to manage to defeat the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores) ???
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 04, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
My guess on how Cassandra died is that she used her Dust-eater technique against the mob of warriors sent to purge her. By doing so it became difficult for the other warriors to land solid hits on her (hence she was cut an absurd amount of times without dying). Then Roxanne took advantage of the situation using her single-target yoki suppression ability to land a mortal sneak attack, killing Cassandra. It's kind of like the strategy Priscilla was suppose to use on Teresa, had she actually gone through with it.
5. I'm going to guess the AF's are destroyed, at least the ones that were there. It would be strange if they were passive just because the 3 number 1s showed up.
6. both probably
7. I think she had something to do with it, doubt she directly/physically killed them.
11. I think the possibility remains, obviously, since any Claymore can awaken. However, after reading the scene again i think Dae was kind of telling the messenger guy to "stop pestering me and the number 1's will be done when they are done." Rather than "they are all going to be unstable but less so if you give me time."
Last edited by Freeloadersan; August 04, 2011 at 06:08 AM.
I was thinking and in my opinion Lutecia the Universal's nickname works for Roxanne much better than Of Love and Hate.
At last. ZERO PHOENIX has finally returned. I'll be brief.
1) Roxanne of Love and Hate - Her name makes perfect sense and yet it does not. Roxanne is clearly covetous of the abilities she finds in superior Claymore. She admires them for possessing great skill but at the same-time she hates them for having abilities beyond her own. Of course that's only until she finally learns their skills and the Claymore in question is KIA. Roxanne of Love and Hate, the name fits. However, I find it odd that the MIB would give her such a name knowing full well how she earned it. Roxanne has taken a liking to her teammates whether it be for personal or professional reasons. In either case the MIB would have to be profoundly stupid to not find it suspicious that anyone who Roxanne gets close to dies.
2) Cassandra The Dust Eater - Couple things. I think Cassandra is so cute whenever she blushes. She's obviously a bashful Claymore which is a type we've never seen. Of course I also have to wonder if he relationship with Roxanne was a bit less than professional. The two of them "sharing a pillow" could just be a girl thing or..., in any case I liked the background info on Cassandra but I was letdown by her "special ability." Her heads moves like a pendulum and she uses her bodies centrifugal force to lower her position. I immediately had to ask myself if I was reading Claymore or Air Gear because this "brand" of physics is something I've only seen from O!G.
All in all it was an acceptable chapter. There wasn't much in the way of action but it was a nice move to develop both Roxanne and Cassandra. It seems that Roxanne is like a copy Claymore but I'd very much like to see if she developed an ability unique to her and her alone.
EDIT : I want more of Raki
Battle Simulation: Cassandra vs Hysteria
from another site,
-------------------------Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
My understandings at how/what Cassandra is doing with her "Dust Eater" Ability, and Knightwalker's comment on how Cassandra is remaining in the same spot, she's not "snake slithering".
Cassandra’s “Dust Eater” Ability:
from another site,
now that we know about Hysteria's, Cassandra's, and Roxanne's skills, is anyone interested in discussing Fantasy Fights between the old rank 1 Claymores and these 3 new Revived Rank 1 Claymores, or you can discuss the 3 Revived Rank 1 Claymores against each other too, here:
(please post your discussions in the linked thread above, if you're interested in discussing this)
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 04, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
I really want to see the group of Deneve and how is going to change the battle, and see Dietrich she is quite special, I really like her character.
Was not expecting a full chapter of back story for those 2...Roxanne is kind of interesting... can't say the same for Cassandra even though her technique does look like a strong one... But this really seem hopeless for the rebel group.. I wonder how they'll get out of that one
Hmm...this generation of Claymore seems pants in comparison to the previous ones tbh, with the exception of Alicia and Beth and even they seem a bit tame when you look at the others.
Also, I know this was a couple chapters back, but how did Miria heal herself so quickly when she got hacked down (though not fatally)?
Alicia+Beth mainly trained their Soul Link+Awakening, however of what little we seen of Alicia, she was holding her own as a Claymore against Riful (albiet a weakened Riful), and Alicia even mysteriously caused Priscilla to actually dodge her attack as well... would Alicia had killed Priscilla had Priscilla not dodged it? Also, Beth was able to dodge Dauf easily while still maintaining the Soul Link, which impressed Rafaela within Clare, hehe.
Awakened Alicia was extremely dangerous, deadly, and powerful, Riful knew well to stay away from Awakened Alicia, or she'd be dead, as Alicia was a very real threat to Riful, superior I'd even say.
Unfortunately, Awakened Beth only fought Priscilla, but I think Awakened Beth was very powerful and dangerous too.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 05, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
I amazed how a Claymore that uses actual sword skills (*gasp*) is frowned upon, considering Claymores face an insurmountable power gap to start with against ABs.
I find it ironic that 4-man AB hunting parties is probably the only useful thing the organization is going to come out of this entire project, because let's face it, we are looking at some suped-up aberrant humans trying to fight a friggin' Dragon. Ultimately teamwork is probably the only effective way to manufacture a counter to Dragons.
Steroids is only going to get you so far, and it looks like they've yet to develop an antidote for roid rage.
Dragon: Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me...
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: nvm, it's not hotlinking, as its to an upload site, and not a website's pic
actually, it seems as though right from the beginning (100 years ago) the continental male Claymores rivaled the Dragons (look at the 3 identical "TAITs-like" Dragons and the "Riful-like" male Awakened wherever it is in the manga - I can find the source if you need me to do so)... the Awakened continental male Claymores were equal in power to the Dragons already, and according to Rubel, they only came to the island to research and develop how to make their Claymores/Awakeneds controllable, so they don't end up destroying the Organization's forces as well as the Dragons and their forces.
which makes more suspicion of what the Org might actually be up to on the island... why are they also making more and more powerful Awakeneds... and not just trying to research and develop how to control them....
as I mean come on, Teresa herself and Awakened Priscilla, could pwn the Dragons with their "eyes closed or in their sleep", if the Awakened continental male Claymores already rival and can kill the Dragons...
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
Damn Yagi's world has some crappy Dragons...sounds more like the equivalent of Drakes or Wyrms.
TAITs = the Trainee Awakening Identical Twins, they're last seen fighting against Raki and then coming to help kill the presumably last remaining AFs*.
*AFs = Abyss Feeders (or AE = Abyss Eaters, as can be seen I prefer and use AFs), the scantily clad female Awakeneds stuck in humanoid form, whom killed/devoured Isley, and etc...
The TAITs' Awakened bodies is nearly identical to that of the 3 Dragons seen in the manga, and the 3 Dragons seen all look the exact same, just like the TAITs' also identical Awakened bodies.
which is quite suspicious... why/how is it that the TAITs look exactly like the Dragons (albiet, -I think-, much smaller than the Dragons, lol), instead of having an Awakened's body ???
Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 02:17 AM.