Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

17 56.67%
  • Mediocre

12 40.00%
  • Awful

1 3.33%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 117 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Disc/118 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    I think that basically Cassandra spins around. You slice at her, she moves her head own and away, which causes her to "fall", however, she spins during her fall, and turns it into a counter attack, spinning around to slice her opponent up.

(pretend someone punches at you with their right hand, you grab their right arm with your left hand, and keep pulling their right arm to your right. They're off balance now, you spin around away from them, clockwise, and smash their head with your right arm's elbow as your come around from your spin, hehe. Cassandra does it slightly differently, but its nearly the same use of their own motion to put them off balance and into your own counter attack)

I actually think it's rather cool, and the best ability of the 3 of them, hehe
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...6/c050/11.html

Something like this I'm guessing?

This chapter gives us a good overview of some background history I think. Also non chapter related (I know, I'm always talking about off-related posts) but how come the MIB seem to know nothing about Priscilla? They must've known who defeated Teresa yet they seemingly had no knowledge of her strength or even of her existence (Chapter 110 when MIB discusses strengths of former number ones etc).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, great use of Kenichi manga grins (I like Kenichi too, though I've only seen the anime of it, in fact Claymore is the only manga I read, lol), yes, that is EXACTLY what I meant/tried to decribe, lol, and that's the essence of what I understand Cassandra to be doing, although a bit differently, like she using her sword and not her elbow, lol. And she's left handed too, which should make it look a bit different than it would be for right handers.

P.S.

do you notice that Ababachi (whatever his name, lol) has his right arm blocking Apachi (whatever his name) from doing his low punch (which is seen in the next pages against-teaching to kenichi, lol) ??? Hehe

-----------------------------------

well, that you realize/ackknowledge this, it is a great start, as many people reject this despite the manga flat out saying so, lol. meh.

it's understood (well, my understanding anyways) that:

Priscilla was and remains as Rubel's secret Claymore and now Awakened weapon

Rubel secretly on his own, without knowledge of the other BCs: "found" human Priscilla, implanted her with Yoma flesh making her into a Claymore, trained her as a Trainee Claymore, making her into his secret Claymore that the Organization didn't know about. He used Irene's personality and the policy of duels, to get Priscilla secretly apart of the Teresa execution squad without the Organization knowing about it...

(I can expound further, but hopefully this is good enough, hehe)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite simple. Rubel fed the Organization misinformation. In the Witche's Maw arc, Riful revealed that Isley had defeated Priscilla. We can infer that the Organization received the same information. Since Isley defeated Priscilla, her power did not exceed his. The Organization would not have considered her a threat or someone of super power.

Recall that Dae said that the person that thwarted the effect of the parasitic rods had power superior to the AOs. If Priscilla had been defeated by an AO, she couldn't be the arm's owner. From the final statement on the last page, I think we'll see the rescue party arrive. If they manage to turn the tide, only time will tell.

Did the manga mention how Roxanne died?

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

except, Riful only knew of a "one horned demon", not Priscilla by name.

Riful was deceived by Isley's misinformation, thinking that Isley defeated this "one horned demon".

However, when Riful went to kill Isley, she learned the truth, as she was able to sense that "one horned demon" staring her down just a little distance away and she stood by Isley, protecting him, and she sensed that "one horned demon" was far more powerful than her, and wisely walked away in disgust, that someone was more powerful than her, especially a female at that.

I think after Riful's second and "truthifying" encounter, she learns the "one horned demon's" name, as we already know it lol, Priscilla. But, when Riful was initially telling Clare about Priscilla, Riful didn't know that was this was this Awakened's name.

(I'm too lazy to go back and look at this though, as it's just not significant enough to get the facts straight on when Riful knew Priscilla's name/identity, lol)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

nope, Roxanne remains unknown

-and, heck, I even and still question whether she even was actually resurrected... (as in: was Roxanne ever actually dead/killed... ???)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the manga did not mention how Roxanne died, but when the men of the Org. were telling which claymores were powerful, one of the said she was difficult. Probably, we should expect other chapter about how those revived claymores died.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Difficult doesn't tell us how she dead, was killed, or if she even did die or get killed. We already know Roxanne is "Difficult", she stabs her friends in the back, lol. That's not very trustful of Roxanne, and not being trustful would certainly fall under being "Difficult or Troublesome" for the BCs (as well as anyone, especially in the real world, no one likes a traitor, especially one who pretends to be your best friend or lover, as playing around with someone's emotions is so heinously criminal !!!).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 06, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just ask what do you mean by depth perception and yoki perception? Its about Neideen the former # 9 who died. She relied in her yoki perception and yet she was poor in depth perception?

Also I would like to point out that Roxanne did died the manga did not just mentioned it but try looking at page 14 of ch. 116. Miria said where did the org hide something this strong(was referring to Hysteria). They already had an eye like Nina to detect any yoki within the org so it wouldnt be possible that Roxanne hid her yoki from Nina or from others considering her technique only works on a particular target meaning it only works on one person. She was indeed revived.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zushiko
    Can I just ask what do you mean by depth perception and yoki perception? Its about Neideen the former # 9 who died. She relied in her yoki perception and yet she was poor in depth perception?
    She relied on her ability to sense yoki since her ability to tell how close/far something was thrown off when she lost her eye.

I don't think Roxanne regenerating her eye is such a big deal. She went into that battle with Neideen knowing she was going to kill her and take her ability to when she lost her eye she probably concentrated hard on remembering it's "structure" so she could heal it later.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 07, 2011 at 05:48 PM.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if anyone asked this already but who the hell was narrating that last chapter? Was it Yagi or one of the MIB? I ask because if it was one of the MIB then they had a pretty good idea as to what Roxanne was up to the entire time and more or less did nothing to stop it. Makes me wonder if Roxanne was teamed up with "problem children" because the organization knew she'd kill them.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, much of the manga is actually mysteriously narrated by no one, lol.

we just haven't been paying attention until now with the narration. I think this started back during ~ch 106/107 or later, when we have that unknown Claymore giving us the narration about their feelings towards Miria's mercy or whatever it was.

----

If I remember correctly the manga/chapter, does say that the BCs know about Roxanne's "activities" and thus her abilities... It's probably similar to Ophelia in that they probably knew what she was up to as well, but it's not like the Organization cares, as Claymores can formally duel and kill each other for rank, and unofficially, the Organization could care less for their Claymores, as they're just the Organization's "experimental products", hehe. The Organization doesn't give a damn about ranks 6-47 as they're weak, and thus mere cannon fodder at best, as the only real significant power comes from or exists in or with their ranks 1-5, especially their rank 1's. The rank 1 is their "queen" and every other rank is their "peasant wenches". hehe.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 09, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To die, To kill, Flashbacks of characters that are going to die anyways, the nickname of the killer, and how the killer uses her abilities. Is this what this manga has come to?

Roxanne is this, Roxanne is that! Who gives a damn?! She's going to die either way.
    I hate this prolonging. I want this manga to get to the point and stop making stories about their lives with each other in the past.

I hate characters that lick their swords and say stuff like, "This is going to be fun," then they talk about their lives and how they back stabbed everyone they admired. That kind of peace of crap character really is asking to die. You are pretty much saying to readers, "I will awaken & get killed in future chapters because I act like an evil bitch"...

That aside, when is the rescue squad coming for the rescue?
    The faster they arrive to the scene of the manga, the faster we get an update on the Clare-Youki-Egg situation. Which is the main reason why I'm still putting up with current story settings.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lynkobi17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore is a manga that'll forever make us "want more" no matter how pathetic a chapter progresses when we all know that the mangaka is prolonging a story on purpose to provide more of an impact later on.

But Asahina, why are you so hungry? When I say hungry, I mean hungry for a rescue to happen?
    It won't happen...Not until someone awakens...But if I turn out to be wrong, I sole heartily apologize.

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Asahina,

if you don't like one of Yagi's Claymore chapters, why don't you write/draw/make your own fan-chapters, so they happen however you want them to happen...

we'd love to have, see, and read such fan-work, and we've got a thread/area/section/forum for it on the site (fan-created stories) if you're interested, or you could post it here too, in this Claymore forum/section/area, as a thread if you want as well.

-----------------

Claymore critics are amusing...

when there's non-stop action, people complain about not having character development or no story/plot development

but then Yagi gives us character development and/or story/plot development, and people are now complaining that there's no action/rescue...

it's quite amusing, critics that are impulsive like Clare I guess, hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM.

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I like the story and I think it has grown constantly, in some parts is slow (flashbacks), but I think even this last chapter adds important information to make a stage for us as readers, it is a detailed story. In contrast, I find the development of some characters vague (I am talking about behavior or personality), because I do not find many occasions for them to show more than in a battlefield since the story moves fast in action scenes. My perception about how fast moves the story in action scenes makes me think that covers that lack of growing personalities, which I accept since it is built logically. It is my personal opinion.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a big part of it too is the monthly wait... we want more than what is in a single chapter, we want the character development/background of Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hyseria, and we want for the story/action to pregress as well, we wanna see what happens, we want both, but we only get 1 ch at ~30 pages a month, and Yagi can't do both things within just 1 chapter at ~30 pages.

seriously, if you were reading Claymore for your first time from ch 1 to ch 117, without the waiting, much of our complaints wouldn't exist.

the problem for us:

we don't get constant reading. chapter comes out, we read it, we discuss it, we wait an entire month (RESTLESSLY-hehe), we get another chapter, we read it, we discuss it, and on and on.... it's the waiting that annoys us, not the individual chapters, as I tried to make the case above, with the example if you were reading Claymore for the first time from ch 1 to ch 117.

because of the waiting, we see each individual new chapter as "a story in-of-itself", and thus we complain about it, instead of seeing it merely as a chapter, a small tiny part, of many of the Claymore story/saga of the entire manga.

as so far, there's 117 chapters:

1/117 = ~ 0.008547 = 0.857% !!!!

each chapter isn't even 1% of the manga, lol

each chapter is such a tiny fraction/percent of the entire Claymore story of the manga.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 12, 2011 at 11:42 PM.

28. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast