Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

17 56.67%
  • Mediocre

12 40.00%
  • Awful

1 3.33%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 117 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 117 Disc/118 Pred Thread

HK:

You've hit the bulls eye on this one. Yagi simply can't compress all "we want" into a single chapter spanning only thirty pages. He would lose the quality of the manga, if he attempted such folly. I doubt most of began reading the Manga at its inception. Most of us most likely speed read a vast number of chapters and got instant gratification. Now that we have to wait, the anxiety fueled by impatience has turned into frustration.

Also, some of these later chapters don't have the emotional climax of previous ones. It's to be anticipated a bit, since we're going through the mechanics of the Organization's dismantling. We simply don't have chapters that have heart wrenching events such as
    Spoiler show

It should switch gears when the Helen and Deneve arrive. I'm hoping to see Tabitha shed joyful tears instead of those in mourning, if you get my meaning.... Then, we'll be a chapter closer to seeing Clare again. Oh August 14th, it's only a little longer than a fortnight before Claymore's next release.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say it's not as emotional, due to the recent "rush of events/chaos in the West and now at the Org HQs",

but now, Yagi has finally slowed down, to give us back that emotional stuff with his character development/background of Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria.

he did give us Miria's death... and boy were a lot of Miria fans "crying a river", hehe.

and then her "revival"... which caused them to still be "crying a rvier", but a tearful river of happiness, lol.

but Miria's "death and revival", emotional rollercoaster has obviously been quickly forgotten...

we also have the sad fate of Clare, nearly being Teresa deja vu killed by Priscilla, only to be saved by "my heroes!" Deneve+Helen... only for Helen... to drop Clare on the ground in her concern for Deneve... and Clare's thus ultimate current fate... as this was quite emotional too, for me anyways, hehe. the emotional part of this has been forgotten, but definately not the state of them, of the "blob of 3 or 4", lol.

and now he's given us an actual REVIVAL, three of them, 3 rank 1 and new Claymores, hehe

-------------------------------------------------

hahaha, I just got a funny idea from your mentioning of Tabatha's reunion with Miria:

Hysteria and Miria are about to fight, as Miria just YR'ed and is about to go all out against Hysteria...

when suddenly... something moving even beyond Hysteria's speed knocks down Miria...

Tabatha is atop of Miria, rubbing her head into/against Miria's breasts

seconds later, we hear Tabatha's glee of joy... (as she broke the sound barrier, running so fast)

"M..M.. Mi.. Mir... Miri.... Miria.... it's.... it's..... Miria!!!! she's alive !!!!!! "

Deneve arrives next. hurrying behind Tabatha, and rips Roxanne into pieces with her bare hands... (J/K, lol).

and then, Deneve's voice is heard next (as she too broke the sound barrier, running so fast) :

"wait Tabatha, you can't just rush into it, there's a bloody battle going on over there !!!! "

Miria is blushing deeply... underneath Tabatha and her affections...

Cassandra is seen grinning, as she watches Tabatha on top of Miria...

Helen arrives too, and says:

"wait, don't start the party without me! where's Raki baby... I sensed that he's one hunk of a man now, and with Clare and Priscilla trapped... this is my chance at him, teehee hee!"
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 13, 2011 at 03:00 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if I read for first time the chapters released until now I would like to read another one right now

LOL about Tabatha and Miria reunion.
    Tabatha is a wota for Miria ji ji ji 111 Talking about that, anyone thinks that Norihiro could introduce a yuri couple or something similar in the story ????

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of them going to punch Miria right away for ditching them, running off by herself and making them worried about her; when they finally do meet up again. Maybe Deneve will do it But then again! Maybe only guys do that, so it's most likely hugs all around then.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you're right, as Deneve is quite violent, remember her actions when rescue'ing Audrey, Rachel, and the two unnamed Claymore from Riful ??? * Also, I beleive she said so herself, she was going to punch Miria (or was this Tabatha, lol, meh) before they left Rabona. And don't forget that she spared with and smacked Tabatha too..

*Such a funny scene: Audrey's not happy being rescued/carried on Helen's shoulder and giving Helen problems, so Deneve just fkn knees/kicks/punches (whatever it was) Audrey (temporarily) unconscious and pops the YSP (Yoki Suppression Pill) inside of her mouth, lol. And Helen says, ~"Hey, be gentle Deneve, Audrey was injured badly from Riful...", hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 13, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This actually relates to this discussion. Does anyone think that ABs such as these shown below could speak and say something besides "O O O O O"? Because I doubt it.

Spoiler: pictures show

Anyway, these are I think the strangest ABs we've seen so far. First one is like a nepenthes, the second looks like he would melt/come apart on his own without Claymores helping him.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there's one other weird Awakened, I can add:

that "hydra-worm" AB that Miata kills while in the forest with Clarice.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely these awakened can not speak! I do not see how they could do!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The dynamic that certain awakeneds retain intelligence is largely the reason they're considered more dangerous than the dumb ones. I wonder why some are able to keep their minds while others aren't.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Well, it could be the durability of the individual's mind set.
    Also could be the circumstances on how one was awakened.
    I think it is also determined on how long an awakened stays alive by feeding on humans before getting caught.

I also think it was determined earlier that an awakened cannot get stronger. It can only get smarter. It can always gain an increase of intelligence. Which is how some "dumb" awakened beings can adapt in situations after experiencing similar attack simulations.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    ^

Well, it could be the durability of the individual's mind set.
    Also could be the circumstances on how one was awakened.
    I think it is also determined on how long an awakened stays alive by feeding on humans before getting caught.

I also think it was determined earlier that an awakened cannot get stronger. It can only get smarter. It can always gain an increase of intelligence. Which is how some "dumb" awakened beings can adapt in situations after experiencing similar attack simulations.
    Doesn't Dauf go against that though? Dauf's not exactly the smartest cookie on the block.

He never learns how to adapt to situations after experiencing similar attack situations. He fights no better against claymores the second time around. The first time he gets owned, and the second time, he hasn't smartened up.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He gave me the impression that he was dumb when he was a Claymore (notice that most Awakeneds don't resume human form again, it's usually only the very strongest) so he started at a disadvantage lol.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    He gave me the impression that he was dumb when he was a Claymore (notice that most Awakeneds don't resume human form again, it's usually only the very strongest) so he started at a disadvantage lol.
    Dauf is in human form a few times, unless I'm misremembering?

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    (notice that most Awakeneds don't resume human form again, it's usually only the very strongest)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    we've seen many Awakeneds' Humanoid/Claymoroid forms:

Isley, Rigardo, Dauf, the 3 male AB "scouts/recons" before the main Pieta battle, the Lido "Spiderman" male AB, Riful, Luciela, Rosemary, Priscilla, Ophelia, Hilda, Elena*, Agatha, the Gonahl female AB, the Lacroa female AB, and I think that's all of them...

based on this, I think it's correct to say that ALL Awakeneds (and NYs) can take on Humanoid/Claymoroid forms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and we've also got the Rabona Cathedral SNY who can:

take on the form of a Humanoid Corpse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and with the YSPs, the Claymores can temporarily regain their Humanoid eye color

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and then we got the HAs (well only Clare) and the Soul Link Twins (~Luciela, Alicia, Beth, and the TAITs) too, who can experience partial or full Awakened forms

------------------------------------------------------------------

and then we got Jean who resisted the Yoma taking over her mind, even as it had already taken fully over her body, Awakening her body fully (or nearly fully assumingly).

-------------------------------------------------------

*Elena

she's actually quite interesting.

was she an Awakened, who took on her Claymoriod form for meeting Clare who would kill her ?

or, was she still a Claymore, resisting Awakening, which would make her even better than Jean... ?

------------------------------------------------

The Elite Yoma/Awakening/Yoki Resistors:

Clare, Jean, Irene, and (maybe) Elena* (if she was still a Claymore)

Miria, Deneve, and Helen

(maybe) Priscilla**

(am I forgetting anyone else?)

(I'm not including the Soul Link users though, as the Soul Link is enabling their resistance, not themselves)

**(I'm not sure whether to include Priscilla or not, lol)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 23, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frostymouse
    Dauf is amongst the strongest awakends.

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    Isley, Rigardo, Dauf, the 3 male AB "scouts/recons" before the main Pieta battle, the Lido "Spiderman" male AB, Riful, Luciela, Rosemary, Priscilla, Ophelia, Hilda, Elena, Agatha, the Gonahl female AB, the Lacroa female AB, and I think that's all of them...
    Most of them are very powerful and, to be honest, I forget about the rest (except for that single-digit awakened in the Ophelia arc, she was porbably strong).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 23, 2011 at 09:09 PM.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast