Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 207 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 207 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    in the spoilers does it say how many pages there are? its good to see kanada back!since its been 3 months i wonder if the characters would look different, will lenalee have longer hair??
    i think as for allen he gonna have a pony tail like we saw in the charagray book since it has been like 3 months.
    Nope, the spoilers didn't say anything about the page amount. Several days ago, the 2ch posters were talking about the page amounts. One member posted a 50 page guess while the other one was guessing 30 pages. ^__^ The only way, from my perspective, that the page amounts would be more than 30 is if the discussion (/flashback?) about Nea and Allen was lengthy in detail, but I somehow doubt it. The Marie/Lenalee/Kanda scene sounds like it could be done in just 4-5 pages with Chaoji bringing up the cliff-hanger end.

And if Allen sports that ponytail again, he's really going to remind me of FMA's Edward Elric! @__@ That's what I see everytime he wears that ponytail of his. But, hair growth definitely should be noticeable after 3 months for some characters. Especially with Lenalee.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    And why on Earth is he returning to the order in the first place??? You'd think that he would be fed up with them beyond belief at this point, for keeping Alma alive all of these years without letting him know! Not to mention, they were aware that Alma had the mind of his previous lover. I mean, GAW Kanda. What will it take for you to leave that God forsaken place they like to call the Black Order?

Unless... Kanda is back for revenge? dun dun DUNNNNN!~
    I'm thinking similar thoughts with what ketorin posted. Kanda doesn't like the Order (-- the institution/Church aspect -), but would he hate the people that he got to know over his lifetime? I think he cares about everyone that he made contact with. He was just obsessed on trying to find Alma's soul that he wasn't able to "move on" properly. Plus, he could also forgive some of the scientists as well. We all know he has a compassionate side to himself. And the one person that didn't give up on him the most was Allen, who helped him to escape. It makes sense if he returns the favor by coming back to help his friends out, but not the people who are under the Pope's orders.

Yet, this would play out probably a bit smoother if Kanda returned a few more chapters later. The "return" honor appears to go to Allen this time. o__o And I'm gonna guess Johnny gets lost, is cornered by several Akuma and is saved by Allen in true shounen rescue fashion. Hurrr... *rubs chin*

Although, I was expecting the predictable scenario that everyone in Team!Allen would be stuck with an enemy. Mugen is sitting somewhere and it suddenly shines, shaking off the rust. Kanda shows up out of nowhere with the new improved Mugen.
    Last edited by tgirl; August 31, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm well if she still wants to make it for the next volume deadline she has to boost pagenumbers once or twice. Thing is her release rate dropped since it went monthly already and i think volumes and merchandise is her main income. So she has no choice ^^.

Good to see that there is multiple characters and some nea-road stuff perhaps. But i dont want to get my hopes up yet. I mean it could just be that sheryl starts asking and then we skip to a next scene ...-_- without getting much info.
    Hoshino is good at that lol.

Also the Kanda thing? Smile? Kanda?... ok then... lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~!!!!!

-Kanda's back so soon 0o0 and smiling? I think he's going to ask where Allen is *nods nods*
    Maybe he asks Lenalee and Marie to not to tell that they saw him....
    -And Johny left the Order? Well, he's lucky he's a scientist..... 'Nough said xD
    -I hope Allen has a ponytail~ He looks a lot more handsome that way~
    -My best friend is going to be so happy with Lavi hahaha...

P.S: Haha lol Sheryl, What do you mean with obsessed with Road haha XD
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people are overestimating what Kanda coming back means. Knowing Hoshino, it will be a HI GUYS LOL situation. The biggest news is Johnny leaving. That means that others (aka Lenalee, Kanda, Marie, etc.) Might be willing to leave the Order as well.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I think people are overestimating what Kanda coming back means. Knowing Hoshino, it will be a HI GUYS LOL situation. The biggest news is Johnny leaving. That means that others (aka Lenalee, Kanda, Marie, etc.) Might be willing to leave the Order as well.
    hmm how does johnny leaving add to their decision to possibly leave? I dont think its in any way related.
    As for Kanda i shrug back or not his role is more or less finished, all thats left is him playing a role in the endgame and possibly die. Thing is he knows now hes not meant to be alive. So he will aid his friends and thats that.
    As for Lavi and Lenalee they still have a role to play. Lavi has the entire bookman thing with him being the next one, and Lenalee has the dreams she dreamed the same as Allen. So there is a story to tell.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss sad arcs like the Suman arc. That was só amazing and lovely! A dark plot with a great conclusion. This chapter sounds amazing but i wish that chapters like that could back. )
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

but what is the worst in all this...is that... the chapter is still not out ;/

anyway I wonder if road lives... or did she die and sheril is pissed..."my road...my road !!" well a blow from apo is something different after all...

still it would be interesting if road lives but the blow kinda unlocked her full memories... so now she remembered the words neah left to mana... maybe she will kinda follow and help allen more than she will help the rest of the family...

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto Sennin87 View Post
    and where is that raw your talking about ?? all I see at the bottom are pages from the last character book...
    Last edited by Zibi234; August 31, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Naruto Sennin

That mod has the wrong raws, that right there is the character book!

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    hmm how does johnny leaving add to their decision to possibly leave? I dont think its in any way related.
    As for Kanda i shrug back or not his role is more or less finished, all thats left is him playing a role in the endgame and possibly die. Thing is he knows now hes not meant to be alive. So he will aid his friends and thats that.
    As for Lavi and Lenalee they still have a role to play. Lavi has the entire bookman thing with him being the next one, and Lenalee has the dreams she dreamed the same as Allen. So there is a story to tell.
    I'm not a Kanda fangirl. Apart from a few stand out favorite I pretty much like all of the cast of DGM. But seeing posts like this gets me really annoyed for Kanda's(or any characters) sake.

How do you know that his role is finished? Are you Hoshino-sensei in disguise? Just because we found out something big about Kanda and he's found the person he was looking for doesn't mean his role is finished. A character is capable of growing over the course of the story and for all we know this could be Kanda's true starting point. He's been obsessed with fulfilling his quest and now that he's done that he can actually start living. Hoshino could take the character a whole new direction and create a new role for him, cos that's what writers do, especially good ones. They don't just cast aside a character once he/she is 'done'.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei42 View Post
    I'm not a Kanda fangirl. Apart from a few stand out favorite I pretty much like all of the cast of DGM. But seeing posts like this gets me really annoyed for Kanda's(or any characters) sake.

How do you know that his role is finished? Are you Hoshino-sensei in disguise? Just because we found out something big about Kanda and he's found the person he was looking for doesn't mean his role is finished. A character is capable of growing over the course of the story and for all we know this could be Kanda's true starting point. He's been obsessed with fulfilling his quest and now that he's done that he can actually start living. Hoshino could take the character a whole new direction and create a new role for him, cos that's what writers do, especially good ones. They don't just cast aside a character once he/she is 'done'.
    I agree with you here. I don't think Kanda's life should be over just because he has found that person, and that person has died. Obviously, there are two scenarios to this situation.

(1) Kanda could be at a loss for purpose now that he has accomplished his dream of finding that person. After all, a dream that is accomplished and comes true was never a dream at all... It was more like a goal. Now, how many of you set a goal, accomplish it, and then decide to just go and die since you're done with that? One of my hopes in life is to fall in love. If I do fall in love and that person were to leave me or die, I sure as hell am not going to sit around and wait to die. That Is what I define as being weak. By no means do I see Kanda as a weak character. So this leads us to our next scenario...

(2) Kanda will find closure in his meeting with Alma, and seeing him off to death. Kanda will now be able to focus on the life he has created as Yuu Kanda, and not as the person/Exorcist he used to be 30 years ago. I believe that he is now Kanda through and through, and can let go of his past. He is officially part of the war now.

I still think it would be insane for Kanda to return to The Order. I'm hoping that he found Lenalee and Marie outside of the HQ, on a mission. I think he will ask them about Mugen and get information on what is happening within the Order. I highly doubt he is going to return to his Exorcist status and go on missions, unless it is only a ploy to get his Innocence back.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

xD
    With all this talk about Kanda not being Kanda, or something, i want to see what he looks like
    The others don't know, for example. that Kanda's hair is now a light purple. So, if the Kanda that comes back looks the same....well, at least we'll know that something is off. On that note, how did he waltz into the order so easily? I mean, should Central be all over him or something, to get some details on Alma, or maybe even Allen? I highly doubt he would be able to easily waltz in there especially if he didn't have his Mugen with him. I don't know if it might be Lulu, though it would be a very,very awesome twist if Hoshino used the same trick twice, to point out just how weak the order is. I'm also entertaining the idea that someone on the Heart's side can also transform, just like Lulu. that should be interesting.
    Johnny leaving is a true surprise. He just earned some brownie points back for doing something rather than being the mopey of the series. On that note, i wonder why the other Exorcists haven't left on their own/have not been sent out to look for Allen...

Chaoji is back... I'm sad and kind of excited... with him hosting a mini spy inside, we're bound to get something interesting out of that. Btw, his innocence might not be able to "sense" the spy, most likely because it's an equipment type, not parasitic, like Allen's.

As much as i like Lavi and feel angry, that he got beat up by Sheryl, i absolutely can't wait to see that in the current art style. Where's my Fiddler?? =(

Chapter seemed a bit short, but a few interesting things seem to be on the list...

BTW, Sheryl's monocle/telescope seems very interesting... reminds me of how the Earl suddenly woke up when Allen was getting raped attacked by Apo and how his eye kinda... floated on the page above the scene... Sheryl's reaction to Road is also very interesting. makes me think that it wasn't Sheryl who was so angry perse, but possibly the Noah of Desires itself? Food for thought, lol
    Last edited by MSofAofCOCA; August 31, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    It's meta-related, and has nothing to do with the characters themselves. Johnny leaving means that Hoshino is willing to let characters leave the Order for Allen's sake. And Lenalee is probably a prime candidate for the next character to leave. Kanda will probably go with Lenalee since he owes Allen and has no more attachments to the Order, and Marie will tag along with Kanda. Chaoji probably doesn't like Allen because he's a Noah (we never really saw Chaoji's reaction, but I'm sure he wants to kill Allen on sight), but he may tag along for the sake of the plot (he has a parasitic spy, so the group would probably be discovered by the Noah).
    Last edited by Jaymie; August 31, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei42 View Post

His arc he had. How does this not show a conclusion to his character plot line. Its how its written i cant change that. I do not dislike Kanda but his character role has been fulfilled. He found the girl he was looking for and she (they together) ended Almas life. Also am i not entitled to my opinion? And saying his role is not finished is exactly what makes 1 a shipper. Since it is.
    Another thing is the (he can actually start living). He didnt really look like he wanted this life when we had the flashback. The only role i can see for him is a role of vengance i do not think hoshino will use on him. Since Alma already tried that. And the only other way is that Alma gave Kanda a purpose by telling him to live on for the ones they love/care for or something.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    (1) Kanda could be at a loss for purpose now that he has accomplished his dream of finding that person. After all, a dream that is accomplished and comes true was never a dream at all... It was more like a goal. Now, how many of you set a goal, accomplish it, and then decide to just go and die since you're done with that? One of my hopes in life is to fall in love. If I do fall in love and that person were to leave me or die, I sure as hell am not going to sit around and wait to die. That Is what I define as being weak. By no means do I see Kanda as a weak character. So this leads us to our next scenario...

(2) Kanda will find closure in his meeting with Alma, and seeing him off to death. Kanda will now be able to focus on the life he has created as Yuu Kanda, and not as the person/Exorcist he used to be 30 years ago. I believe that he is now Kanda through and through, and can let go of his past. He is officially part of the war now.
    How often do we bring people back from the dead just to be a cyborgish thing to fight the common enemy? On top of that lets bring back your girlfriend/boyfriend too and put him/her true some shock therapy with you . On top of that heck well whipe your memory and just in case it resurfaces well just euthanize you ^^.

Thats the kinda thing that happend to Kanda, if hes back now there got to be some really good reason or at least some other explanation to what hes up too.
    He might be looking for vengeance or actually wants to help Allen but Allen already left the order. Or like i said its possible that Alma (the girl) asked him to protect his friends untill his time is up. Which kinda makes him a second line character (like it or not)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's make a bet on how long Lenalee's hair is gonna be... I say to the shoulders :P
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    Let's make a bet on how long Lenalee's hair is gonna be... I say to the shoulders :P
    I want to say it will be back in it's original hairstyle, two ponytails of some form. (at least I want it to be)

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast