Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood-C

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blood-C

Blood- C

Quote Quote:
    The anime was announced in the May 2011 issue of Shōnen Ace magazine where it was revealed it will be a collaboration between Studio Production I.G and the manga creator group CLAMP where CLAMP will be creating the story and original character designs while Production I.G will be handling the animation. The anime is published by Aniplex and will be directed by Tsutomu Mizushima with Junichi Fujisaku, who previously worked on Blood the Last Vampire and Blood+, as his creative supervisor. Nanase Ohkawa will be supervising the scripts and co-writing them with Fujisaku while Kazuchika Kise is adapting CLAMP's character designs for animation and Naoki Sato is composing the music. The opening theme will be "spiral" performed by Ray Fujita's band DUSTZ.The anime will begin airing on July 8, 2011 on MBS and TBS.
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama, Horror, Vampire, Supernatural

Themes: vampires

Opening Theme:
    "Spiral" by DUSTZ

Ending Theme:
    "Junketsu Paradox" by Nana Mizuki

Staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Being the big fan of Blood Plus that I am I had high expectations for this anime but after watching the first episode…I don’t know anymore. Yes, the first episode did a good job introducing the characters of the story but besides that it didn’t captivate me at all and that fight almost at the end of the episode left me with a wtf feeling, I’m referring to Saya vs. mud-monster because I have no clue what that creature was. Since TLOTLH had a not very good first episode as well and ended up becoming one of my favorite anime series, I won’t judge the series as bad yet and I will watch the second ep I just hope things get better in the next episode.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 02, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blood-C

Wait a sec, the first episode is already out? I can't believe I'm so behind at this. Yet I called myself a CLAMP fan. >__<
    I am quite a fan of CLAMP, and this BLOOD-C being their first anime, a lot of people with me included must expect a lot from this. I agree with you, though, that the first episode can't really be used to judge the whole series (I wonder why lately first episodes of anime I watched mostly are not captivating at all). But I suppose I'll stay around and check how this series goes.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes yes yes yes yes yes awesome awesome awesome awesome !!!!!

HK is EXCITED very very very EXCITED !!!

I don't know what you all are talking about !!!

Episode 1 was awesome, great graphics, hot girls (hehe), has the comedy elements, excellent action/fight/combat scene/battle, etc...

(ya the mud-statue-bat thing was a bit weird compaired to just a normal bat-chiropteran, but meh, the scene was awesome, hardcore action. I'm sure the "creatures" will become much better hehe. It has that "Gantz" like feel, wtf into... wow, awesome. hehe. Imagine when they showcase a real chiropteran, with how intense this opening fight was against this mud-statue-bat thingy.... damn.... I'm so shaking with excitement!

I am not going to be dissapointed with this at all, damnnniiitt next episode NOW !!!!

-------------------

my only gripe is that it seems to be more following Blood: the Last Vampire, than Blood+, argh... but meh... this is still awesome even if it's not Blood+ story

--------------

also... every time I look at her "pig-tails" i think they're going to transform into bat wings for her to fly with, lol
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 03, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post

also... every time I look at her "pig-tails" i think they're going to transform into bat wings for her to fly with, lol
    i know that someone post this but i was planning to post about pig-tail .. since i love pig tails ...

for me, it is okay for me but early to tell this series ... but i hope it will more monster/vampire there than mud-monster in future esp ..

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why.. But I think I will keep comparing this anime with Blood+....
    I like Saya in Blood+very much... I don't know if I can come to like this Saya too...
    I hope this will be a good anime since it carries Clamp's name...
    Last edited by yukihime03; July 05, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

HegemonKhan, I envy you. =___= I wish I can watch it as well. Are there any groups subbing this anime yet? I'm so dying to get one. =___=

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    HegemonKhan, I envy you. =___= I wish I can watch it as well. Are there any groups subbing this anime yet? I'm so dying to get one. =___=
    Isn't it already subbed?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the first episode and tbh I was very disappointed. I'm always interested in any kind of sword fighting/action anime...no matter how pathetic the characters may be but this anime is just dull and boring. I found the introduction to the main female character odd. Most of the first episode was spent running around, falling and "hanging" out around the school.

On a more positive note...I feel that the soundtrack to this anime will be more promising than the actual anime series itself. There are plenty of more new anime series to choose from. I guess I'll give this anime one more episode and see how it develops. ^^

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1 was awesome, great graphics, hot girls (hehe), has the comedy elements, excellent action/fight/combat scene/battle, etc...
    For me episode 1 was definitely missing something, and now I know what it was. It was the element that gets me inside the story; that makes curious and interested in the characters and their lives. I’m afraid to call the element I just mentioned by the following name because it’s too early, but I’ll say, that element is the plot. I know I shouldn’t compare it with Blood +, but I wasn’t captivated by Blood + just for the great action scenes, the reason why I liked Blood + so much is because the story was great, the plot and the characters were amazingly interesting. After watching episode 1 of Blood C, the only character that piqued my curiosity was Saya’s classmate, the one who seemed like the serious type and kept looking at her.

Quote Quote:
    (ya the mud-statue-bat thing was a bit weird compaired to just a normal bat-chiropteran, but meh, the scene was awesome, hardcore action. I'm sure the "creatures" will become much better hehe.
    Part of the wtfness I experienced while watching that fight came from the fact that it wasn't explained what that mud creature was, it looked like a chiropteran but we don’t know if it is for sure. Yes, the action was okay…but…I didn’t feel engaged by the fight.

Quote Quote:
    Priceless line!!

P.S. Your excitement about this anime Hege really gives me more hope that episode 2 will be better.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I don't know why.. But I think I will keep comparing this anime with Blood+....
    It is pretty hard not to compare it with Blood +. Blood + was such an awesome series that it made us have high expectations for Blood C.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Isn't it already subbed?
    Yes, the first episode is already subbed and has been out for a few days now.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    I'm always interested in any kind of sword fighting/action anime...no matter how pathetic the characters may be but this anime is just dull and boring. I found the introduction to the main female character odd. Most of the first episode was spent running around, falling and "hanging" out around the school.

On a more positive note...I feel that the soundtrack to this anime will be more promising than the actual anime series itself. There are plenty of more new anime series to choose from. I guess I'll give this anime one more episode and see how it develops. ^^
    Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who felt that way about the episode. Hopefully episode 2 is way better than episode 1. About the music…I feel it is going to be very hard to outshine the awesomeness of Hans Zimmer and his incredible OST, Naoki Sato definitely has his work cut out for him.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 07, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, the 1st epoisode wasn't very... captivating... , but I think, am hoping, it will change... I say give it a few episodes and see if it gets better, if not than maybe this won't be that good. But, I wouldn't be so quick to just judge by the first episode. We'll see if the character development becomes good and if it gets a story/plot or not, Blood+ was a bit dry also for the first ~ 4-8 episodes, with her just killing the chiropterans, but the character development was good.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    It is pretty hard not to compare it with Blood +. Blood + was such an awesome series that it made us have high expectations for Blood C.
    Yeah. You're right.

I think the thing that the first eps lacked is the suspense. When I watched first eps of Blood+, at least I know "something" is going on and that makes me want to watch more. and I have to agree with destiny4ever that the only character who piqued my curiousity is Saya's classmate. (because it is apparent that he knows something we don't know)

For the first half of the eps, I thought I'm watching a typical shoujo anime... (with Saya tripping on her own heels, her friends saying that she easily gets lost and so on) But of course, with the fight at the end of the eps, we all know this is not a typical shoujo anime. The fight, oh, the fight. I cannot help but to compare it with Blood+'s fights. In Blood+, we know that Saya has to draw her own blood and smear it on the sword so the sword will be effective for killing the chiropteran and I think the scene when she wounds herself with her sword to draw blood is kinda cool. In Blood-C.. uh, the fight is kinda too ordinary. But well, this is still the first eps, I hope this will improve greatly. I'm waiting for the great battle scenes.

(I'm just wondering but... how the heck someone who often trips on her own heels can be talented at sports, much less fighting???)

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

(I'm just wondering but... how the heck someone who often trips on her own heels can be talented at sports, much less fighting???)
    I agree with this.

Finally finished watching the first episode. How should I say this... It lacks suspense, so I'd say. There is barely anything shown in this episode except that Saya looks like an exorcist. It's more like character introduction, to me. The OP and ED are not very... opening and ending (I don't know how to say it in English ^^"). I think they lack power. The only mystery we have from the series is how Saya's eyes turned red near the end of the battle and what that light actually is. Nothing much, I should say.

Character designs are nice as usual, but I really can't help myself looking at Fujimoto, Touya, and Yukito from CCS in the person at the cafe, the quiet black-haired guy, and the chairman. Not that I dislike it, but I'd wish for something different; a new character to admire from CLAMP. xD

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, the 1st epoisode wasn't very... captivating... , but I think, am hoping, it will change... I say give it a few episodes and see if it gets better, if not than maybe this won't be that good. But, I wouldn't be so quick to just judge by the first episode. We'll see if the character development becomes good and if it gets a story/plot or not, Blood+ was a bit dry also for the first ~ 4-8 episodes, with her just killing the chiropterans, but the character development was good.
    Oh I’m definitely not judging this series by its first episode, but just like you, I do hope the series gets better as the story progresses.

I think the thing that the first eps lacked is the suspense. When I watched first eps of Blood+, at least I know "something" is going on and that makes me want to watch more.
    Well…let’s hope that the suspense gets higher within the next couple of episodes. The first episode just introduced the characters, hopefully the second episode gives us some plot and allows us to know more about the actual story.

Quote Quote:
    and I have to agree with destiny4ever that the only character who piqued my curiousity is Saya's classmate. (because it is apparent that he knows something we don't know)
    I’m glad I’m not the only one whose attention he caught, and I have to admit he also caught my eye because he is pretty cute IMHO.

Quote Quote:
    In Blood+, we know that Saya has to draw her own blood and smear it on the sword so the sword will be effective for killing the chiropteran and I think the scene when she wounds herself with her sword to draw blood is kinda cool.
    I totally agree. I wonder if Blood C’s Saya will have to do something (some sort of ritual) to activate her vampire powers…

Quote Quote:
    Good question and it is only in the animeverse that we can see that.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 07, 2011 at 06:31 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I’m definitely not judging this series by its first episode, but just like you, I do hope the series gets better as the story progresses.

Well…let’s hope that the suspense gets higher within the next couple of episodes. The first episode just introduced the characters, hopefully the second episode gives us some plot and allows us to know more about the actual story.
    Haha, I agree with this~ Lately I think the first episodes of some awesome anime I watched didn't seem to be very promising, but it got even more interesting as it went on. I hope it goes the same with BLOOD-C as well.

I’m glad I’m not the only one whose attention he caught, and I have to admit he also caught my eye because he is pretty cute IMHO.
    Oh, my, you don't have to worry about it alone. I bet lots of girls have problems with CLAMP's males. Especially that black-haired guy who seems like Touya. <3

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast