Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Blood-C

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blood-C

Right, me too about the part of slaying demons with demon-slaying weapons only. But I think she could only kill the monsters with bare hands thanks to her transformation. I don't think the human Saya could have done that. What scared me a bit was that she could calmly walk to the human girl, offering help with a hand completely covered in blood, and still looking just fine, as if she didn't really understand why the human girl was that scared. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saya's a weapon, a killing machine, a battle-hardened at least 100 yr old warrior/soldier, that the Humans use as their only hope against the monsters, and that girl was just a civilian, a little girl at that, lol

------------

in the intro they have Saya covered in red blood... I wonder if her power increases with the more blood upon her, lol, like she can soak the blood into her body through her skin... or its the opposite she coats herself with blood, and the more of her body is covered/coated in blood, the more she's in her vampire form, hehe.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 08, 2011 at 12:00 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Baron Cairns

And of course we're already suspicious of Fumito (the guima or is it guita shop guy... I'm slowly getting a little better with these names lol). -P.S. I think my "Guama", is the science word for poop/solid waste...
    Is it the shop's name you're talking about ? In that case, it's "Guimauve cafe".
    "Guimauve" is the french name for marshmallow.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Episode 5

No, he is not. Fans are theorizing he could be Tokizane transformed into his dog form. Crazy theory but I do think it is a very plausible one and it would also explain why Tokizane seems to care about Saya all of the sudden. Tbh, I think Tokizane knew Saya since a long time ago, I think he is someone from Saya’s past, but Saya doesn’t remember him because she suffered amnesia after going into berserk Saya mode.
    That would also explain why he arrives late at school just like Saya.
    Tokizane is the Blood C's version of Haji He is there to protect Saya. IT must be pretty dificult in this dog form O_o
    Last edited by monkey d scar; August 08, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

in the intro they have Saya covered in red blood... I wonder if her power increases with the more blood upon her, lol, like she can soak the blood into her body through her skin... or its the opposite she coats herself with blood, and the more of her body is covered/coated in blood, the more she's in her vampire form, hehe.
    Haha~ I wonder about that. Isn't that how most vampires are? Getting stronger from blood? XD
    I wonder if Saya would come to the point where she has to drink blood from another human. So far she didn't show any specific hunger feelings; her head just hurt and she loves to eat. But not a different kind of hunger type. :3

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey d scar View Post
    That would also explain why he arrives late at school just like Saya.
    Tokizane is the Blood C's version of Haji He is there to protect Saya. IT must be pretty dificult in this dog form O_o
    I love that theory. Haji is definitely cooler but Tokizane is just so...
    But it is indeed a bit weird for him to be so worried about Saya when they barely talk.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey d scar View Post
    Is it the shop's name you're talking about ? In that case, it's "Guimauve cafe".
    "Guimauve" is the french name for marshmallow.
    yes, sorry for the confusion... but it's going to take me awhile to get used to the names of things and the characters, lol. I'm somewhat starting to spell it correctly now.. maybe... lol

gu ima uve, gu ima uve, gu ima uve - practicing, lol = the ?blood? red jello marshmellow

Fu mi to = the owner of guimauve shop

Toki zane = Saya's concerned protector, hehe.

---------- Post added August 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

is there going to be a double episode or something.... as it seems they're taking the week off.. hopefully it'll be out this friday...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 08, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6 is out! No compensation for the break week, apparently. XD

Instead, this new episode made me go all :OOO. First, with the fact that Nene is you-know-what-if-you-watched-the-episode. I didn't predict that one. Then, that scene with Fumito. Way too suspicious. Right after I thought, "Hey, maybe this person is not as suspicious as I thought he is.". But with that glance only, and the way he seemed to expect something to happen to Saya after she drank the coffee, I couldn't be more sure again. XD I wonder if Saya's father, Tadayoshi-san, didn't know anything about Fumito. Strange.

Then the fact that Saya brought something long, wrapped with a cloth to school, and how she tried to hide it from Tokizane. For goodness, what difference would it made? I couldn't understand why she would try to hide it, and why nobody seemed to notice it. >__< Next, the chairman's gaze towards Tokizane. I think we all agree that his unfriendly gaze towards Tokizane is more than just about who-is-gonna-win-over-Saya-chan, right? There is something dark about that. Then her headache came and gone all of a sudden. What was thaaat? :O

Scary twins. Does it mean that Nono is not a human? Or is some kind of demon possessed her? And is she dead?

And the dog spoke. OMG. I tried to compare his voice with any male voices before, but I think it didn't really match any? The chairman's voice is too light, while Tokizane's voice is too heavy. Hmm.

At any rate, what a bloody episode. This episode didn't really show anything, though; only gave more mysteries and raised suspicions towards certain people. I feel like I couldn't trust any of the characters anymore. Even the seem-to-be-innocent twins were proven dangerous. ^^" The preview of next episode is not very catchy as well, but I'm too far to let this go. Definitely gonna wait for the explanation of all these mysteries. :3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not happy with the censored death scenes , hate censorship !!! V.V

I don't remember any other censorship in the previous episodes...

do any of you know if episode 6 will get uncensored at some point, or dvd release, or whatever ?

-----------

also this series is only 12 episodes... it's not going to be that deep... as 12 episodes isn't much to work with...

----------

phio,

you forgot to mention about the school teacher... she seemed a bit evil... I think...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not happy with the censored death scenes , hate censorship !!! V.V

I don't remember any other censorship in the previous episodes...

do any of you know if episode 6 will get uncensored at some point, or dvd release, or whatever ?
    LOL, it's for your own safety, to avoid vulgar scenes, hahaha~ I don't mind either way, personally. I always watch BLOOD-C at night so such censorship saves me a bit. XDDD Never heard of DVD release, though I think at some time they would release it.

also this series is only 12 episodes... it's not going to be that deep... as 12 episodes isn't much to work with...

----------

phio,

you forgot to mention about the school teacher... she seemed a bit evil... I think...
    I've just remembered that this series is only 12 episodes. What would become of it with such a short time span? *sigh*

And you're right, I forgot about her. She has ulterior motive, obviously. Something related to her research. The question is, does the research related to the 'good' side, the 'bad' side, or a third party who wants something out from this mess?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as a guy and as myself, this is a huge no no, as I wanna see the deaths, we saw saya already use her hand to splatter the eyeball head in crimson or vermillion red (Hellsing Ultimate OVA 8 reference, lol) glory, how much worse do they think these censored deaths could be?

Show the death scenes, for those who wanna see it, like me, those who don't, can not watch the anime or just skip past it, geez.

Isn't Blood C already labeled as mature anyways... so why the fkn censorship... ARGH !!!

Also, the censored white rectangle is by itself annoying and infuriating as hell.

I mean how would you like there to be a white rectangle across pictures that you take, in movies you see, in tv shows you watch, how would you like trying to read a book with tons of redacted/censored text of it in black retangle strips/blots ????

REPULSIVE, INFURIATING, REPREHENSIBLE !!!!

CENSORSHIP IS EVIL !!!!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 22, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7 is out~
    Okay, better than the previous episode, I think. There are few important scenes to be highlighted on this episode.

First, Saya's talk with the dog. My eyes widened when the dog said something about a shop which grants wishes. Too much a xxxHolic fan I am, I guess? :3 Related to the last scene, the dog doesn't seem to be Tokizane-kun. Or maybe he can create an illusion of his human self if that dog is really Tokizane, whatever. XD

Another scene is the experiment. That, and added by what the monster said to Saya during the fight, it seems like Saya is an aged one herself. She seems to be fond of human and decided to help them, maybe even to the extent of having a peace treaty or something like that with the aged ones, thus called contract. But the humans betrayed them. And Saya probably chose humans side. It's a random theory. :3 But from what that monster said, Saya is obviously not a human. XD

I now think that there is something special about foods Fumito-san made for Saya, guimavues and coffee included. I think they have the touch of blood inside it.

The fight scene is very boring, in my opinion. The only interesting part is their chat. The wounds that aged one made on Saya's body are just strange. Such wounds can't burst up blood that much, you know? It's just strange for me, I think. And once the other Saya awakens, the aged one is killed within seconds. Very boring. The old Saya is very strong, the aged one is too weak, or there's just a miss here. I was like O.o when that happened. And Saya doesn't seem bothered with all those wounds as well. As much as she's not human, that kind of resistance to pain is just strange! Or maybe she's just too depressed over her real identity. :3

Last, that Tokizane comes, in uniform, just popped out of nowhere. Hmm. I was kinda O.o again when I saw the preview; what the heck is Tokizane trying to do? All of a sudden like that.

Lots of things don't make sense to me. I demand answers from this series properly before it ends, hmph.

A bit off-topic, but somehow the dog's voice is so familiar. I wonder who the seiyuu is. XD Sounds like Lulu a bit, but not him...
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown something C, not Blood at least

Oh my, oh my, why does it stray away so far from the original content or even "+".-_- Most of the aged ones make no sense, even half through the series, their design, the whole animation of the seventh episode sucked so hard, it hurt to watch any further. Why add awkward bullet-time/slow-motion like situations just to follow up with a still. I see that they wanted to see her looking into the mirror of blood, but the way to get there, just poor. She's always struggling, but one fine strike through the throat ends it all, to keep the viewer in uncertainity for 1/2 of the season, explaining nearly nothing. Instead I get a hint of her being a glutton, a fight like in every other episode and a dead random citizen, as if would care now. She doesn't seem to care for anybody too, a short wailing about her two best friends is all we got from her, one day after their death she goes eating yummy food again, her beloved sweets and up to school. CLAMPs days as a grade A/B studio are long past, if it keeps up like that, more like grade F! I had more sympathy for the Saya from Blood: The Last Vampire than for this horrendous portrayal, that one did at least show some pain after being stabbed and cut. It's a shame that such a franchise will get such a bad stigma from that studio after the successful predecessor.

I wont order/structure my post to reflect the chaos I felt watching the latest episode. :P I had high hopes for the show, but they keep fading away with each passing episode.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 27, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blood C takes after Blood: The Last Vampire, and not Blood+, as it's only 12 episodes long, and it's "Sequence" (school/plot chat/battle) is similar as well. This doesn't take after Blood+ at all, sadly.

I'm extremely disappointed with Blood C, which is sad, as the graphics are great, the girls (Saya, that taller girl whatever her name, and the school teacher) are hot - more curvy hehe, and most of the battles are quite hardcore... though ("Berserk"/Monster) Saya finishes her opponents off too easy still... lol. And the censoring in previous episode did NOT help as can be seen by my previous post, lol.

-------------------------------

as for plot stuff... I have a bit of an advantage from knowing/seeing Blood: The Last Vampire, though I'm not sure if this is going to hold true for Blood C.

Saya isn't Human obviously.

In Blood: The Last Vampire, she's the daughter of the most powerful and ancient of Chiropterans, their Queen, Onegai. I can't remember if Onegai mated with a male Human, or if Saya's father is also a chiropteran. I can't remember if Saya is half Human half Chiropteran or if she's full Chiropteran.

In Blood C, it seems that these "Cairn Barons" (or whatever they're called) are the equivalent Chiropterans.

In Blood: The Last Vampire, Saya is used by an ancient village and others to protect humans throughout the ages. Very similar to what we see in Blood C.

My guess is that Saya is being tested to see which she chooses, to be herself - a Chiropteran (Nature) or to be "Human" (Nurture). Will she continue to be a champion for the Humans, or will she turn on them, when she learns the truths that they are keeping for her. Can Saya be taught, controlled, or "Tamed" (Nurtured) to be a "human", or not? This also explains why she's been taught to be the way she is, singing those songs and all that, as it's a way to control/tame her, to keep her calm and non-psycho/berserk/ruthless.

I'm not sure if Saya had fought that Kali (multi-armed) Samurai guy or not, as it might have been Saya's mother, and he's mistaking the daughter (Saya) for the mother (Saya's mother), who wasn't as "tamed", as Saya is much more merciful - non ruthless (well while she's not in "Red Eye Mode" - REM). We don't know if it was Saya or her mother, as the two are likely identical in appearance.

The dog seems to not be Toki. Though he does say (I think) that he's stuck in the dog form as "equivalent exchange (FMA)" in order to have the wish granting powers that he has. In getting his powers, he has to be forever stuck in dog form. (and yes, his shop, seems xxxHolic like, hehe. though why is the xxxHolic time witch or whatever she is/her name, stuck as a dog with a male's voice... lol)

this then leaves speculation about who Toki is, especially with how the dog (and the Samurai guy) says that Saya's human friends, as the human species that they are, are known for lying...

I'm not sure about Saya's Human "father"... either he's really good at pretending to be nieve and how to put it nicely.. dimwitted..., or he IS nieve and dimwitted, lol. So, if he's not pretending, then which humans are the ones lying... ??? He seems to dimwitted and nieve to be evil... unless he's just pretending to be dimwitted and nieve, trying to carry on his ancient village duty of training Saya to protect/kill the Cairn Barons, and probably not even knowing why.

Also, that Samurai guy, said that her sword isn't a sword of heaven... durr... we already know that from the demon teeth on it, lol. But, does this mean that there is something more than meets the eye with Saya's Human "father".

the Teacher still seems... hostile... I'm just getting a bad vibe from her... her comments and behavior towards Saya is suspicious to me. She seems to know when Saya is going to be attacked and knows about Saya's headache's, I think I've seen her smirking...when Saya has had her migraine moments...

as both the teach and that Fumi (gu.. ach forgot how to spell it again lol, the pink jello thing shop) guy both told Saya to tell them everything-anything about herself to them...

blood splattering unrealistically out of wounds... is just for sensationalism/"gore service" for guys like me who like the bloody spurting mess, hehe. It's common in many animes/mangas, and other mediums too, like movies.

when Saya is in her REM (Red Eye Mode), she's in her true (monster) form, her real self, the inhuman that she is, so she doesn't feel pain like we humans do, and she's not so easy to kill either, such wounds to her are insignificant.

but, When Saya's not in REM, she makes her body feel pain like humans do, she's much more soft and caring, non-ruthless, and thus weaker in battles, trying to make herself be as human as possible.

the dog's voice sounds a lot like Fumi or Toki... I'd need to hear them again and the dog to know which of them it is.

As for seiyuus, I don't know anything about them, as I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff.

we don't know exactly how the humans are breaking the contract...

and we still don't know to who and what promise Saya made.... though made it was to Toki... as he did kinda show up right after this talk about the promise with the dog.

---------------------------------------------------

what we kinda know thus far:

we got at least two or three factions:

1. the Narrator (Nature vs Nurture guy, who's identity is still unknown) - he might be the leader of the Cairn Barons, or not.

2. the Cairn Barons

3. and the Human resistance against them, Saya's father and Saya herself (and priorly Saya's mother, as they were both "shrine maidens", as kinslayers on the humans' side).

However, we know there's some dark secret with the Human resistance group, but I'm not sure if Saya's human "father" is that involved, as he seems too nieve and dimwitted... unless he's acting. They are using Saya to kill her own kin, using Saya as a kinslayer. And there's the demon teethed "sword of heaven" which isn't a "sword of heaven", lol.

as there's been an agreement between the humans and Cairn barons, and the humans broke it.

but we've got many other mysterious parties as well:

the teacher, who has been or is involved with Saya or her blood anyways...

Toki who seems to know a lot about Saya, as well as cares for her... (also, the teacher might know something about him... her reaction to him and him arriving late or skipp school... might have something more to it...)

Fumi and his pink blood jello thingies

the class rep/president guy, as he gave Toki a sinister look, and is just suspicious anyways...

the twins, why was one of them attacked by a Cairn Baron, while the other either was a Cairn Baron, or it had somehow took control of her due to her anger/rage at Saya for not saving her sister's life....

basically everyone... lol.....

maybe.... the Cairn Barons.... are born from humans, their negative thoughts/emotions... like in Shikabane Hime and Bleach... lol.

lastly, we've got Saya's mother and/or Saya; did Saya fight all the CAirn Barons before and has "amnesia" or are they mistaking Saya for her mother... and who is Saya fleetingly seeing in her dream states, herself or her mother...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 27, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@Schabrak: I understand your feelings. To be honest I started this series with high hopes in CLAMP, after I dropped Gate 7 for certain disappointment. But then as you said, we're already at half of the series but barely understand anything. The hints are all there, but it's just a total mess and not organized. I just hope they would manage to explain everything properly before the series end. CLAMP has a bad habit about leaving plot holes. >__<

In Blood C, it seems that these "Cairn Barons" (or whatever they're called) are the equivalent Chiropterans.
    Has this been mentioned somewhere before in the episodes? I feel like I haven't even heard term 'Cairn Barons', even more 'chiropterans'. Only 'those who devour humans'.

I'm not sure about Saya's Human "father"... either he's really good at pretending to be nieve and how to put it nicely.. dimwitted..., or he IS nieve and dimwitted, lol. So, if he's not pretending, then which humans are the ones lying... ??? He seems to dimwitted and nieve to be evil... unless he's just pretending to be dimwitted and nieve, trying to carry on his ancient village duty of training Saya to protect/kill the Cairn Barons, and probably not even knowing why.
    I think Tadaysohi-san hides something from Saya. But in a negative way, really. The way he said 'There is only you as a maiden in this shrine to slay the aged ones. What would you do?' feels like he meant to keep pushing Saya to fight. Related to what Saya dreamed about, that 'experiment' they were talking about. Everyone's habit and personality is just strange. Basically, everyone is equally suspicious for being the 'bad' guys, non-human people. Even Saya, the obvious one. XD

LOL, Hege. The person who sells guimauves is Fumito-san.

blood splattering unrealistically out of wounds... is just for sensationalism/"gore service" for guys like me who like the bloody spurting mess, hehe. It's common in many animes/mangas, and other mediums too, like movies.

when Saya is in her REM (Red Eye Mode), she's in her true (monster) form, her real self, the inhuman that she is, so she doesn't feel pain like we humans do, and she's not so easy to kill either, such wounds to her are insignificant.

but, When Saya's not in REM, she makes her body feel pain like humans do, she's much more soft and caring, non-ruthless, and thus weaker in battles, trying to make herself be as human as possible.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree with your explanations. I was just being too negative, lol. XD

And that is a perfect summary so far, Hege. Just look at how many things we don't know yet even while we've come so far. XD I still watch this series as it's too late for me to give up and I have to see how it ends. XD I hope we will get clear explanations about that~ I mean, perhaps leaving some plot holes and mysteries for viewers to decide can be a good idea; just don't leave too many. XD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

phio_chan
    We know she's not a "normal" human, or partly human at all. We know of retarded looking aged ones, where the hell are my shocking, cruel looking Chiropterans?^^ Her sword may be a special weapon or has been her weapon all along. She's able to talk to them. It's really been there for episodes now, could have been explained already now, but wasn't for mysterious reasons. It would be a huge shame if they left it all open for the upcoming movie. I'm no lab rat to test out plots nor do wish to let it all be explained in the last two/three episodes, if they wasted so much opportunities to make it a better quarter year series. The thing I miss the most is Sayas twin sister, instead they gave us typical light hearted CLAMP twins as her best friends, only to murder them within two episodes, which seems not to effect or touch her at all.

May those guimauves turn out to be made out of human blood/flesh. hahah
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 28, 2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast