Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Blood-C

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blood-C

the one good thing:

if you are interested in this story about Saya, and if you haven't seen Blood+, than you'll just love Blood+, especially after being disappointed by Blood C, as Blood+ is NOT disappointing like this Blood C is thus far. Except, you do need to give Blood+ some patience, but in doing so, it will reward you big time, as Blood+ is really really really good!!!!, unlike Blood C so far. You'll be sooo appreciative of Blood+, after being so disappointed by Blood C. This is only of course if you haven't yet seen Blood+ and you're interested in Saya and her story, hehe.

And if you're a girl, Haji will sweep you right off your feet!! (figuratively only, as he's totally devoted to Saya, and that's a big part of why he's so hawt to girls hehe), Toki is nothing compared to Haji. Girl's totally swoon smoldering smittenly over SEXAY Haji (well, girls think he's hawt, as I wouldn't and don't know, lol)

-------------------------------------

I personally don't mind being left in the dark until the end or near end. I'm a total book/story-worm/nerd, and it's common to not be explained everything at each step along the way. I personally kinda like it, not knowing what the hell is going on, just as long as they do eventually explain it, lol. So, being in the dark for most of the story doesn't bother me at all, just as long as it's explained by the story has ended. I like it as it's more suspenseful, and it also let's me try to guess and speculate at what's going on hehe, seeing how right or wrong I am, lol

--------------

Chiropterans (Bats) hasn't been mentioned I don't think at all in Blood C, it's from Blood+, sorry for any confusion.

------------

in the translated anime that I watch, they call the monsters fully by two words. Barons (this word I know is right), and I'm not sure off the top of my head what's the other word along with it is though-sorry, but I know (pretty sure anyways) it starts with a C. It might not be Cairn, though. I'm too lazy though to re-watch whatever episode(s) to find out what they call them exactly, C(????) Barons.

it was only used/said though maye only a few times or maybe only once, in like maybe somewhere in let's say episodes 1-3, it hasn't been used since... so, it is quite easy to miss.

(if you want I can re-watch the episodes to find exactly what they called them for you, instead of my hazy-bad memory, lol)

-----------

ya, I realized I had gotten the names mixed up with which person they go to.... argh!

-I have trouble with Japanese names... (if you couldn't tell, lol)

----------

schabrak,

yes, we certainly miss "Blue Eyes", hehe

Blood C's twins are a joke compared to Blood+'s twins... hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 29, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What you said is true about the suspense. I'm just a bit worried since up to this point everything's just piled up there, all the secrets and questions, and the plot seems to move so slow that I'm worried CLAMP won't have enough time to explain it all. ^^"

LOL, no problem about the terms and such. No need to look back to previous episodes about it. I'm just a bit curious because you used terms I think I've never seen on the episodes before. XD

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Just drop by to say: How DARE you, CLAMP???!!

I barked a laugh, literally, when I found out who's the dog!
    But the laugh came out not bcoz I'm amused, it's bcoz I felt so stupid!

Watanuki... why are you there?
    JunJun, forgive me from not recognizing your voice earlier...

Noooo~~ Blood-C is now a total failure.

Give me back the Saya and Haji from Blood+...

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for so much off-topic, but here's what's told about their past. All is from the "Blood - The Last Vampire [2002]" and should no be read, as it's a big spoiler and nearly the whole last chapter. Another warning, it's a brutal action adult manga, thus nakedness shouldn't suprise anyone.
    @HegemonKhan: They were Chiropterans from the beginning, named Yokushu in my german version of the manga, which is perhaps even more original.

And probably more important, a writing from Kamiyama Kenji, the scriptwriter of the original movie about his opinion on the franchise, Saya, Blood and the "vampires".

@Mods: Edit it out if it's not allowed to post that much, but I wasn't able to find it on a streaming site.

At least something good about the series. :P
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by 3c; September 10, 2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched episode 8 this afternoon.
    The fact that Tokizane was calm looking at Saya drenched in blood and that there was certain dead monster lying there on ground in front of him and the fact that the cute little dog said that he couldn't help Saya in dog form was very interesting. Tokizane seemed to know something about this; he couldn't be off without knowing anything and be so calm. The dog too. Few new questions. What did Saya's father ask from Fumito-san? Why did he lied unconscious at the shrine? What did Saya's father want to say about Saya's mother? What did the dog mean by reviving the memories; was it simply to make Saya remembered that she is not human? The preview seems promising. I'm looking for more complications, and hopefully some answers, for the next episode. ^^

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's getting weirder and weirder. I blanched when I watched eps 8. It's a massacre. Though I should blame the victims as well... There are a monster and they're just standing there, waiting to be killed? They should have at least run faraway the moment it appears.
    Now everyone is suspicious, not just that Fumito-san. Everyone is not what they seem to be, eh? And Watanuki dog is indeed too calm, he appears as if there wasn't any massacre going on that morning.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. What funny was that they didn't try to run away when they saw the monster approached them so quickly. XD Maybe they were just frozen because of shock... *shrugs*

No one is what they seem to be. Everyone wears a mask; they all seem to know a tiny piece of secrets about humans and the non-humans, but hesitant to share it with anyone. The dog (it's not Watanuki, doesn't make sense if it's him ) didn't seem surprised perhaps because he already knew what would happen, or he already got used to such massacre, or he didn't care about anything but his mission which seems to be reviving Saya's memory.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I'm TURNED-OFF !!!! fuming mad.... CENSORSHIP BARS....

this guy wants *HIS* carnage/slaughter/blood/gore/guts !!!!!!!

---------

Unfortunately, I think the entire town IS the experiment, the townsfolk are cannon fodder, the "lab monkeys... humans"... with the exception of a few of them... like the Teacher, and etc.

The Test: EMOTIONS ("Humanity"), can Saya, an Elder Bairn (not baron cairn, my big bad, sorry! Somehow I took Bairn and created Baron Cairn from it... don't know what to say), acquire emotions ("become human"), and which does she choose (as she does seem to be learning to have emotions), to keep her emotions or erasing them?

No wonder Saya is so "clueless", as an Elder Bairn, we see that they have no understanding of emotions (as well as ethics, well human ethics anyways), and thus we see the same with Saya, she's merely repeating what her father tells her "you have to protect the people", but she doesn't understand what this "caring and desire and importance of protection is" initially, but now she's starting to gain emotions, starting to understand what this "caring and importance of protecting such people she cares about, what sadness-tears and rage-anger are...", she's still not grasped this "love" thing though... lol.

As for Saya's promise/wish... I think it has to do with emotions... either she wants to have emotions ("be human")... or the emotions ("being human") became so painful... she wants to erase them... ("erase being human").

maybe she sacrifices her emotions (her "humanity"), going back to being "Red Eye" permanently, to exterminate her kin and maybe actually protect/save some humans... lol....

-------------------

(Claymore might be influencing my thinking though... laughs)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; September 13, 2011 at 01:42 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    That's true. What funny was that they didn't try to run away when they saw the monster approached them so quickly. XD Maybe they were just frozen because of shock... *shrugs*
    Naturally, even if we're shocked, our primal instinct will eventually kick it and tell us to "RUN!" coz there's a stronger predator.
    This whole eps just doesn't make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the entire town IS the experiment, the townsfolk are cannon fodder, the "lab monkeys... humans"... with the exception of a few of them... like the Teacher, and etc.
    Well, I'm starting to think that the townsfolk is not entirely human. I mean, there was this massacre happening but everyone else except Saya doesn't even give a damn about it. They seem to monitor Saya's movement only.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Plothole-C

This whole series doesn't make sense. Why waste 9 of 12 episode, 3/4 of a series for the massacre of her friends... with nearly no plot development. Is she simply incapable to put 1 and 1 together and ask her father directly, not acting subordinate once? It only came to her now, that she doesn't know anything about her mother... Does she get a 500% strength enhancement when in red-eyes mode, so that she's only having to use it for the finaly cuts, ending every single fight in a strike to the head? Why didn't she try to do that when she was in the floor on top of it!? I've got no more expectations for the series, so every bit of revelation will be a nice touch to it.^^

I would like for that teacher to die, at least do me that favor CLAMP!
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there's 3 reactions that exist: FFF

F1= Fight! (Take on the challenge! "Fix", "Correct", "Repair", "Solve", "Tackle", "Work it out", or "Make Right" the situation!)
    F2=Flight/Flee! (Run/Get Away from the problem or to Ignore the problem)
    F3=Freeze! ("Freak Out"-Panic/"Play Dead"/Fear-Frozen)

so, F3, is very real, not everyone reacts with F1 or F2...

------------------------------------------

we needed a 50 episode Blood+ sequal or prequal (*grins*)... sighs

instead we just get a 12 episode failing* alternative (badly-twisted) version of Blood: The Last Vampire

*to be fair, it's hard to make a good series with only 12 episodes to work with.... though there are some good ones (such as Rideback and Soul Taker), but Blood C isn't one of them.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; September 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy with the disappointment, gentlemen.

Sure I understand what you meant. I was disappointed myself watching episode 9, with half of the episode spent just for us to see how that monster killed all Saya's friends. It was very strange for me when the chairman and Tokizane survived. One survived after direct contact with the monster, which is very strange to me; I suspect he had certain power himself. The other survived because he somehow skipped school; so much for wearing the uniform and skip class. His knowledge of the monster when he talked to Saya at the shrine bugged me. He also seemed to know more than what it appeared on the surface.

Then the whole idea that Saya actually didn't know about anything related to her mother. Soon she would doubt herself. What I didn't understand is that she seemed to be unaware of her other power; when she transformed into that red-eyed mode. There was also this scene where she walked out of her room with eyes glowing in red, not the red eyes she had when she fought. Then it just disappeared. What was that?

I really can't imagine how this series would be continued with the last three episodes.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, even Tokizane is devoured.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.
    This episode 10 is well, surprising. One moment Tokizane is gone, the next moment Tadayoshi is gone, but then the twins returned all of a sudden. Eeh? This Tsutsudori-sensei is strange as well; all students from her class are dead or gone (with the exception of the chairman and Saya) yet she could remain calm and have a tea in a cafe. Seems like she knows much indeed. And the fact that Saya has been deceived all this time... Does it make Tadayoshi the bad guy? Hmm.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Yeah.
    This episode 10 is well, surprising. One moment Tokizane is gone, the next moment Tadayoshi is gone, but then the twins returned all of a sudden. Eeh? This Tsutsudori-sensei is strange as well; all students from her class are dead or gone (with the exception of the chairman and Saya) yet she could remain calm and have a tea in a cafe. Seems like she knows much indeed. And the fact that Saya has been deceived all this time... Does it make Tadayoshi the bad guy? Hmm.
    Tsutsudori-sensei certainly know something and she wants it to end.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast