Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Blood-C

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blood-C

Maybe CLAMP justed wanted to make a mindf*ck story for once. Or it will end in a "to be continued" for the upcoming movie, I hope at least that one won't be such a disapointment as this experience is so far.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just seen episode 11. Then I was like, what actually happened here? O.o
    So based on my understanding, everything is fake. Saya's memories of being Kisaragi Saya, her family, her friends, and all that she remembered was made by Fumito (no surprise there, right?). Her memories were pressed for certain reasons. I wonder why Fumito had to go as far as creating this fake world for Saya. Did he want something else in return? He could've just made Saya drink any hallucination drugs or such, or just erase her memories like he replaced it. Strange. Then I wonder which party does the dog belongs to. He said someone needs his help for Saya to regain her memories, if I remember correctly, I think? Hmmph.

One more episode. I really can't wait.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I KNEW IT.
    The whole thing about the town is off and it turns out that it's indeed not a "town" after all.
    And Fumito-san... Well, since the start, we know that he's the suspicious guy anyway, no surprise there... though his motivation is still unknown.
    Like what most of them said, I'm sick of this already. I hope that the next eps will reveal everything including why that Watanuki dog is there. :P
    Oh, this eps has no action at all, eh? Only plain boring explanation upon explanation. I was hoping with all the mysteries the revelation will be somewhat exciting... but no.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my understanding:

1. the Gluttonous Feast upon Humans before the Fasting:

is this referencing the Elder Bairns? or Saya... (except Saya does seem to feast upon the Elder Bairns' blood and not Humans)

2. It seems that this was done to control Saya, except in the flashback, those "humans" she was killing weren't human, so is this "fake town set up to control Saya" done by the Humans or the Elder Bairns, are Fumito and/or Saya's "Father" Humans or Elder Bairn, ...

or, maybe Fumito is the Elder Bairn and Saya's "Father" is Human, and the two of them are participating observers in their contract (but maybe the Humans had cheated the contract and taken a more active role in "influencing" Saya, which wasn't allowed in their contract of "hands off"), such as in the Bible/Christianity, between God/Angels and Satan/Demons, seeing if Man can be tempted to evil or if Man will be loyal to goodness. Except instead of Man, it's Saya, hehe.

3. What's interesting... Saya seems to have been drained of all of HER ELDER BAIRN BLOOD (henceforth, EBB), and that EBB was used to create the "Elder Bairns", which Saya then drinks "their blood" after killing them.

in other words, Saya is the ONLY Elder Bairn, and she's merely re-drinking back her own EBB back into her, after killing the "fragments of herself, her blood" (the "elder Bairns" she's killing)!
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Even until it ends, this series barely make any sense. =___=

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    What's interesting... Saya seems to have been drained of all of HER ELDER BAIRN BLOOD (henceforth, EBB), and that EBB was used to create the "Elder Bairns", which Saya then drinks "their blood" after killing them.

in other words, Saya is the ONLY Elder Bairn, and she's merely re-drinking back her own EBB back into her, after killing the "fragments of herself, her blood" (the "elder Bairns" she's killing)!
    It seems like this is indeed the case. Or at least Saya's blood was only the activator. Maybe there was only a small portion of Saya's blood inside those monsters? Not sure anymore.

I ended up watching episode 12 just for the sake of seeing this end. And when it finally did and found out that it has a movie next year, I'm not sure if it would really be that interesting. This episode is full of blood and action; not that I particularly feel annoyed, but I had wanted more than just blood: more insight of the plot or anything like that which can make me understands more what this story actually wants.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Saya's blood seems to "monsterize" animate stuff (by whatever method that Fumito uses in the narration scenes with the floating blood of Saya in small pastic bags or something lol), creating the "Elder Bairns" that she fights, kills, and re-drink back (her) blood from them.

-----------

I haven't watched the last episode yet, didn't know it was out, until just now from reading your post, lol.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Wow... that's some hardcore+"H-like" violence... if only it wasn't censored... GRRR !!!

I actually think it's plot actually isn't that bad (once it's explained in this last episode, lol), this was actually done rather well, for only 12 episodes.

and of course it's action/violence is awesomely hardcore... if only it wasn't censored+blurred, again... GRR!!

Blood C captured Saya's kick-bottom pwnage prowess perfectly, hehe

Queen Saya the Warrior, hehe

and...those are some brutal bunnies... lol

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Blood C: Saya meets Gantz anime !!!, seriously it's series of battles were quite like Gantz' series of battles !!!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 01, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So in the end it's as I presumed, or rather I hoped that it wouldn't, serve as a prequel to the movie. It's like "we f*cked with you guys" for 10 eps{3+ hrs!!!] with no explanation, a variation of splatter and gore, just to reveal that it's all fake[40 mins including excessive scenes of mass manslaughter] and a "to be continued" around the place, where I actually can think of it's pros and cons, only this time it's a pile of negative memories VS CLAMP art style. I feel kinds sad to have been used for that kind of sh*t, to have wasted 4 hours on such a stretched explanation, if it could have been accomplished much better with a series of OVA. Pity on those wasting 30-60€ on two episodes of this, just to see the gore parts more clearly.

PS:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 04, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it really possible for her to get back her injured eye? It's true that Saya has a remarkable healing speed due to her not being human and such, though. No idea if there is a limit to that skill. Maybe Fumito used some kind of silver bullet or what? XD

Anyway, I would rather have the series ends as an anime rather than leaving it like this and having a movie to continue it. Like you said, Schabrak, it feels like we spent time watching the whole anime for nothing since the real actual plot only started last two episodes. The least I can say now is for the movie to be more acceptable than this anime. >_<

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

She literally has lost her head when she was shot, she should have been braindead, but she wasn't.^^

Some news on the movie:
    Quote Originally Posted by MyAnimeList, animeanime.biz
    According to Anime!Anime!, Japan Agency of Cultural Affairs has announced to aid the production of two anime movies: Production I.G's "Blood-C" and Tezuka Production's "Gusukobudori no Denki". The support will be carried out as a part of the International Film Production Support Project of the agency. Production I.G will receive 50 million yen ($650,000) from the Japanese government.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually liked Blood C's plot, even if it was consentrated in the last two episodes, it's a good introduction to what could be a really good story/anime series... I have apprehensions though if it's going to be a single movie or a few OVA-movies... this could be good if they were to make it into a 50 episode anime series... like Blood+ .... but, I'm not sure about a movie or few OVAs... sighs...

---------------

and ya, the one-eyed pirate Saya.... is just LAME/stupid.... argh!!! she better regenerate... as she just looks so stupid/lame... pirate saya... ughn!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that I wasn't a fan of Blood+, but it wasn't too amazing in my opinion despite a lot of people generally liking the series. In terms of Blood-C, I was simultaneously watching it while reading rantings and raves on anime blogs about how terrible the series was in comparison to peoples' expectations. I wouldn't have gone as far as bashing it to degrees that bloggers have, but it was slightly disappointing. The only parts I enjoyed was the fighting and I would often find myself fast-forwarding the episode. I hope the film makes up for it.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6