Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Betrayal of the Current Lord

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The Betrayal of the Current Lord

Now I have this theory based on the behaviour of the characters until now.

People say that Rai was the ringleader of that rebellion, but rereading the scenes between Rai and the previous Lord, I can say it just doesn't make sense.

That's why I think that probably Frankenstein had the biggest influence in that rebellion.
    I would imagine something like this.

There is a faction that doesn't allow the Lord to be weak. So they support Rai. But Rai doesn't say anything, so they get in touch with Franky. Franky sees this as an opportunity, but he does ask Rai. And Rai says, do what you want, or sth along I decline, but U always were rebellious.

Of course Rai is tacitly agreeing with all this, because he recognizes the motives and understands them.

This is my view on how it all started, but of course this thread is related to anything that is the rebellion or the betrayal of current Lord.
    Enjoy!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The betrayal of the current Lord

I don't believe it if Rai is the leader of the traitors, considering his characters. Nor would he agree to such action. XD And even if he really wanted the throne, the old Lord had offered it for him and he could just take it.

The rebellion is a way to put someone else at the throne; the most possible candidate we have at the moment is Rai since the previous Lord seemed to be very fond of him. But it is also possible that someone (or group of people) else tried to use such moment to blackmail Rai for his/her/their own good. It's very easy to put Rai as the leader of the traitors because he had been offered the position as the next Lord before, and as you said, since he has the rebellious Frank with him. XD

About whether Frank was a part of the rebellion, I'm not sure. There is this scene where Frank left the other nobles to search for Rai, right? I wonder if it happened after or before the rebellion.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

In the noblesse world, it appears that the Lord or the position thereof, is absolute and anything that goes against the lord is something that cant be done (traitorous, grave sin, unpardonable, etc).

Sure the other clan heads left their longstanding position and chose not follow the current lord... which can be called a traitorous act.

However, we're missing too much information for the reasons behind it. Leaving much speculation to be desired, which is not bad. Gejtul tells Regis not to abandon his pride as noble and go after human greed (or something similar iirc).

It also seems that the death of Gejtuls son and the Loyard clan leaders were traps set by them ( former clan leaders) or someone from the human organization. I cant remember what the details were. The current lord puts them under Raizels charge or that he was close to the former leaders.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there's a completely different theory, which could involve the Union, the random appearance of Rai's coffin...they could be linked to this rebellion...like somebody was instigating them or something...I wouldn't be surprised if for example one of the heads of the Union would be a former clan leader, who is presumed dead...

But I deliberately let out that possibility, because I didn't want to make things even more complicated

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't believe it if Rai is the leader of the traitors, considering his characters. Nor would he agree to such action. XD And even if he really wanted the throne, the old Lord had offered it for him and he could just take it.

The rebellion is a way to put someone else at the throne; the most possible candidate we have at the moment is Rai since the previous Lord seemed to be very fond of him. But it is also possible that someone (or group of people) else tried to use such moment to blackmail Rai for his/her/their own good. It's very easy to put Rai as the leader of the traitors because he had been offered the position as the next Lord before, and as you said, since he has the rebellious Frank with him. XD

About whether Frank was a part of the rebellion, I'm not sure. There is this scene where Frank left the other nobles to search for Rai, right? I wonder if it happened after or before the rebellion.
    I'm not sure which scene you are referring to...
    But I think Frankenstein's involvement is pretty clear..at least to me...and another thing that I predict that this rebellion could've been the plan of the former Lord...and it is a pretty good plan, a win win situation I would call it...which kinda coincides with his other plan that he mentioned to Rai

Suppose the rebellion succeeds...that means that the powerful nobles would be in charge, which would mean that almighty Rai would eventually pop in...
    It didn't succeed, so they were all forced to eternal sleep...and this in order to make the current Lord, force her to take decisive actions...making her stronger...the same tactic is employed by Gejutel as well...by mocking her power and making her feel insecure, making the current heads insecure, he forced the current Lord to take decisive action...

Anyway...conclusion...both plans ensure the fact that the leadership of the nobles is powerful...the quick way would've been the success of the rebellion, the longer and harder way was to teach, or rather force the current Lord to be decisive, powerful, etc..
    Last edited by benelori; July 03, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to understand something...

The previous Lord went to eternal sleep 500 years ago, and the six clan leaders betrayed the current lord just 100 years ago right? Since Seira is a clan leader for about 100 years only... Why they expected so much time? And didn't Rael said Seira's father got killed in a trap set by modified humans? The Union and the six clan leader had a pact or something?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I want to understand something...

The previous Lord went to eternal sleep 500 years ago, and the six clan leaders betrayed the current lord just 100 years ago right? Since Seira is a clan leader for about 100 years only... Why they expected so much time? And didn't Rael said Seira's father got killed in a trap set by modified humans? The Union and the six clan leader had a pact or something?
    It was mentioned that the previous Lord went to sleep 500 years ago and that Seira has been a clan leader for the past 100 years.

I do recall the Seira and Regis fathers were killed by a trap set by modified humans.

I think it could be very possible that Union and the former leaders were working together.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There were 11 clan leaders before right.... 6 of them betrayed the current Lord and went away, and 7 of them remained. Maybe they are the final enemies, one of them could even be one elder of the union....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm too young to remember these days. But long ago the first computer games were text based adventures. With a DOS line art of wizards and such. You'd read and get a panel picture to go with the scene or decision.

As people or fans there are times when you're like give me now! I have a life I don't have time to loiter and wait on you. And it's times like this threads subject where I was a really big book to see down and speed through looking for the answer. The story I haven't read, forgot, or didn't understand when I first saw it.

i.e. Is there such a thing a daily text fiction on the inter-web? Not fan fiction. But something where the story is updated everyday? Like the writer wakes up has his breakfast, busts out a script before lunch, edits it before the end of the day. and loads it on the web? I think I'm seriously ready to graduate to a "daily reader" format. And would not be surprised if there was a huge demographic out that that is between book format, and magazine format, with occasional picture panels, ready for something like this?

What do you think? Maybe not for Noblesse? Or do you think someone with great Sensory/Adjective/Vocabulary ability could could write something you would enjoy with just a few panels each week?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Maybe they are the final enemies, one of them could even be one elder of the union....
    may be they were the one to start the organizations, i mean look at the reaction when the doc combwell got on the elders some were furious. too much pride; a common trait of the noblesse. but just itself aint any proof that they are the controlling power of organization. we ll have to wait and see.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Back on Topic:

You know... the most perplexing thing about this Bretrayal?

I had to look it up because it was nagging me, and just not making any sense at all.
    http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl...isplay=webtoon

Well it's confirmed now.
    820 years ago, Raizel-nim and soon after Frankenstein both disappeared from the Noble realm.
    500 years ago, the Lord went to his eternal slumber, and there have been many changes.
    Before he went to his slumber, He said he wished to see Rai once more.
    So basically Raizel-nim & Frankenstein had nothing to do with anything?

Basically. Shit happened. Rai was asleep long before and long after it. (So he was an, absentee traitor?)
    But Raizel-nim is the one true Noblesse. And apparently there were a lot of people who did not like the heir.
    She is referred to as the Princess and as, by Raizel, "A being who inherited the Lord's flesh and blood."
    I am puzzled by the fact that she did not know a single fact about these two, other than Rai was in favor.
    This True Noblesse thing seems like something the King or his heirs would know about.

And I am hung up on one other thing. She's not actually called his daughter, The Lord.
    The reason I am hung up on this, http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl.../Chapter_159/5
    You see, Gejutel-nim here offers to give power and blood to the trio that would make them, like Nobles.
    First of all, I'm sure he is just testing them. Second, this blood thing, could the princess be...?

How the hell could the Lords, we have been assuming "Daughter" be so unfit to rule, that the Lord would offer his power, Ragnorak as a gift to decorate a home, and his seat as a Noble King to someone who exists outside of the Noble system of clans and inherited heirs? This Lord's message must be one hell of a ball-buster. Cause there are too many damn things, that just do not make sense.

Sincerely, asleep for the movie. ~ Gotta wait for the remake.
    Last edited by Otters11; July 15, 2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: grammar

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rai being a traitor is explained by the current Lord here (last bubble).

The reason Rai is considered to be the leader of the traitor might have something to do with whom the real traitors (if any) put the blame on. Since Rai was not there during the time the last Lord went to eternal sleep, he would not know if anyone blamed him for being a traitor. Also knowing Rai's personality, he would agree with the current Lord's logic (check link above).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have noticed, Gejetul have not said Rai was a traitor a single time. Gejetul was with the previous lord and during the rebellion, so he would know who was a traitor.

New Reply