Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drunken to Love You

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Drunken to Love You

Drunken to Love You

Genre: Romance, comedy

Episodes: 15

Air time: Sundays 22:00 - 23:30

Opening theme song: Bu An Pei Li Chu Pei (不按牌理出牌) by Magic Power 魔幻力量

Ending theme song: Hao De Shi Qing (好的事情) by Yan Jue 嚴爵

Synopsis
    Quote Quote:
    Two strangers, both proposed marriage to their respective girl/boyfriend, were rejected on the same day. They decided that the best way to deal with the rejection was to get drunk, real drunk. During the 24 hours of their crazy drunkenness, these two stranger became fast friends and got married... to each other. When they finally sobered up, they embarked on a mission to undo every crazy thing they did while they were drunk and prayed that their girl/boyfriend wouldn't find out. However, it turns out that Jie Xiu's girlfriend, Ai Wei, doesn't want a scandal affecting her movie so she asks him to stay married to Xiao Ru for three months.
    Cast

• Rainie Yang as Lin Xiao Ru 林曉如
    • Joseph Chang as Song Jie Xiu 宋杰修
    • Tiffany Xu as Tang Ai Wei 唐艾薇
    • Huang Hong Sheng as Di Shuo Huai 耿爍懷
    • Tom Price (白梓軒) as Xiang Ting Wei 向霆威
    • Zhong Xin Ling as Cai meng Jun 蔡孟均
    • Kingone Wang as Ren Yi Xiang 任以翔
    • Renzo Liu as Li Da Fu 李達夫
    • Di Zhi Jie as Tony
    • Bu Xue Liang as Paparazzi Jack
    • Deng Jiu Yun (鄧九雲) as Peggy
    • Yan Jia Le as Director Zhou 周導
    • Luo Bei An as Long Ge 龍哥
    • Wang Juan as Cai Mei Ling 蔡美玲
    • Song Xin Ni as Shen Hui Qin 沈慧欽
    • Xie Qi Wen (謝其文) as landlord
    • Na Wei Xun as doctor
    • Albee Huang as Xiao Xun
    • Lin Mei Xiu as Janitor

Production Credits
    Director: Chen Ming Zhang

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Thanks to Charlie’s recommendation, I’ve started watching this T-drama. I’ve already watched the first two episodes and all I can say is: Thank you so very much Charlie for recommending me such a great T-drama!!

As soon as I finished watching the first episode of the series I was sold on this T-drama. The acting is great and the story while hilarious is still pretty interesting at the same time.

Rainie is an excellent actress, when she is funny she is incredibly funny and when she does the dramatic scenes, boy does she touch your heart. It was also pretty cool to see some of the characters from Fated to Love You making cameos or playing roles in this series. . Of course watching Kingone as part of the cast was great as well. And as some fans have commented, it is interesting to notice that this is the third drama that he does with Rainie and the third drama in which he doesn’t end up with Rainie. Hopefully in the future we’ll have a fourth drama in which they start together once again but this time to actually become a couple in the story.

I’m enjoying watching this T-drama a lot and I can’t wait to finish watching episode 3.

P.S. If you like romantic comedies, then you should really give this series a try, you won’t regret it I assure you. ^_^

---------- Post added July 05, 2011 at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was July 03, 2011 at 08:12 PM ----------

I’m officially hooked on this T-drama. I’m enjoying watching it so much!! I’ve watched it until episode 8 and even though I was first smitten with Kingone, I’m all for Song Jie Xiu now. He is so great!!!

I like Rainie’s character but my favorite character in this series is definitely Joseph’s. Song Jie Xiu is the perfect combination of manliness, adorableness, kindness, sensitiveness, sweetness; he is an amazing character and the way Joseph portrays him is fantastic. Yes, I have become a huge fan of Song Jie Xiu.

One of the things I enjoy most about this drama is the interactions between Lin Xiao Ru and Song Jie Xiu. It is very nice to see them falling in love so naturally, the relationship between those two characters is the undeniable core of the whole story IMO.

Fans of Asian Dramas should really give this series a try. ^_^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 05, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drunken to Love You

I dont believe I can add anything more than Destiny mentioned.

This is a must watch show. It has a great story line, great actors and its fun to watch.

I'm not sure if its available in all regions but you can watch this for free on viki .

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    This is a must watch show. It has a great story line, great actors and its fun to watch.
    QFT and ITA!!

The series hasn’t ended yet, it’s still ongoing, so to my fellow Asian drama fans: please feel free to join this thread and share your thoughts and comments about this T-drama.

As Charlie mentioned it, the series is available on viki. The quality of the video and subs on viki is pretty good so I totally recommend watching the series over at that site.

---------- Post added July 07, 2011 at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was July 05, 2011 at 08:27 PM ----------

Two more episodes until I’m all caught up with the 12 episode that have aired so far.

Rickie is very nice and I like how kind and sweet he is to Avril, but one has to wonder if he is being nice because he really likes Avril or just because Avril reminds him of his ex-girlfriend.

Now…the more I watch this drama, the harder and deeper I fall for Jie Xiu . His character is one of the best male leads I have seen in T-dramas. And the scene at the end of episode 10 when he says to Xiao Ru “I have decided to fall in love with you…….and to make you fall in love with me” melted my heart and made me swoon. That is one of the best love confessions of the Asian drama world.

I like how in spite of Xia Rou pushing him away and being evasive, JX doesn’t give up and is determined to win XR’s heart.

I also would like to mention how much I’m enjoying the OST of the series, it is so romantic and wonderful~

---------- Post added July 08, 2011 at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was July 07, 2011 at 08:53 PM ----------

I’m all caught with this drama and now I have to painfully wait for the next episodes. Thankfully, my wait won’t be that long.

After watching all 12 episodes my favorite character is definitely Song Jie Xiu, what a refreshing (because he is not you typical male lead who get easily manipulated by lies or who isn’t strong enough to fight for the heart of the girl he loves) and great character he is. I <3 him ~
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 07, 2011 at 08:06 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

He's really a good actor. I hope to see more works from him. Rainie has another drama set to air, after this one I believe.

Do you think the two main leads will end up together?

I'm a little concerned because the ending song shows them walking away from each-other.

I also wonder when or if the fake marriage will be exposed.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's really a good actor. I hope to see more works from him.
    He really is. He makes Song Jie Xiu, his character, feel real. Song Jie Xiu is a very well-written character and Joseph makes an awesome job bringing that character to life. I do hope to see more works from him as well.

Quote Quote:
    Rainie has another drama set to air, after this one I believe.
    Really? Wow! She is very popular, isn’t she? And her acting has really improved over the years, she is a great actress. It is hard to imagine she is the same girl from Meteor Garden whose talent didn’t shine as brightly as it does nowadays.

Quote Quote:
    Do you think the two main leads will end up together?
    I have no doubt about that. I’m pretty positive they are going to end up together. The question is how the SJX x LXR pairing will overcome the obstacles coming its way, because I’m also pretty positive that before the series ends, the protagonist are going to have to face a few obstacles before their love triumphs in the end.

Quote Quote:
    I'm a little concerned because the ending song shows them walking away from each-other.
    I’m a bit embarrassed to say this but I haven’t watched the whole ED, just the very first seconds of it. But I wouldn’t pay much attention to it regarding it being a sign of what is going to have in the end.

Quote Quote:
    I also wonder when or if the fake marriage will be exposed.
    It will be exposed, and that will be one of the obstacles they will have to face. Maybe it will be exposed at the end of the next episode?

I read and checked out the new preview of ep 13 on a blog where I read the recaps of DTL and from what I saw, the new episode focuses more on SJX trying to win LXR’s heart than anything else…well…also on LXR and Daniel’s relationship but just a bit.

However, even though I didn’t see anything about the paparazzi in the preview I’m sure he is looking for the marriage contract or maybe he already found it since Avril took it out of the closet and placed it on the bed.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 08, 2011 at 10:26 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Is episode 13 the last episode?

Rainie wasn't the one from T drama version of Meteor garden. I think the main leads name was Barbie something.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is episode 13 the last episode?
    According to Wiki, episode 14 will be the last one. So we have two more weeks of DTL.

Quote Quote:
    Rainie wasn't the one from T drama version of Meteor garden. I think the main leads name was Barbie something.
    The female lead was played by Barbie; however, the role of Shan Cai’s bff was played by Rainie. The character Rainie played in MG was Xiao You.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    According to Wiki, episode 14 will be the last one. So we have two more weeks of DTL.

The female lead was played by Barbie; however, the role of Shan Cai’s bff was played by Rainie. The character Rainie played in MG was Xiao You.
    I must have not heard about Rainie back then because I dont remember her from Mg - Haha

Edit: - - I thought I edited the post about not replied. ^^;
    Last edited by Charlie; July 08, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Rainie did look a bit different than how she looks now in MG. Here’s a video of her and Ken (Ximen and Xiao You) that might help you refresh your memory.

Ken and Rainie - Out of Reach

Also, the reason why you must not have heard about Rainie back then might because MG was Rainie’s first drama, she was a total newbie when she acted in that drama.

Yup, that link did the trick. <3 ©~Charlie

---------- Post added July 12, 2011 at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

Episode 13

Another episode that increased my fondness for SJX!! He is the ideal husband and sg for sure! His love and devotion for LXR are very commendable.

Avril… She is so selfish!! I was expecting for the paparazzi to find the fake marriage contract but what I wasn’t expecting is for Avril herself to voluntarily give the contract to the paparazzi.

The end of this T-drama is just around the corner and I can’t wait to find out how things turn out in the end.
    Last edited by Charlie; July 08, 2011 at 11:19 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 14 is out.

There were a lot of parts I couldn't follow due to the translation on viki was not up yet.

Anyway what I liked about this episode was
    Spoiler show

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jie xiu proposed to Lin Xiao Ru. The kiss scene was also nice .
    I agree. SJX is…amazing. The way he proposed to LXR was so romantic and heartfelt. It was wonderful~ And I love how cute he looked asking LXR for a kiss.

Quote Quote:
    I didnt understand the part with the reporter either.
    The reporter/paparazzi is horrible!! I’m so glad his plan backfired in the end. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    In one of the comments on viki - someone mentioned that the show will go up to 18 episodes, according to a director (iirc). I cant confirm the accuracy of that statement.
    Really? Hopefully that rumor is right. More episodes of DTL would be great!

Quote Quote:
    Xiou Ru's ex handing he over to Jie Xiu was a nice touch as well, although I felt it was unneeded.
    ITA. To be honest I feel that the whole thing with XR’s ex and Peggy was unneeded; they should have left the story way earlier. And I also admit I’m not a fan of XR’s ex and Peggy’s relationship.

Quote Quote:
    Ai wei was a disappointing, she knew that the reporters were there and when she found the contract (why is she even carrying it with her in the first place) holds it out like its a pot of gold.
    In her defense, although it was too late, she did try to take the fake marriage contract away from the paparazzi. She realized she had done something terribly wrong and tried to fix it.

Quote Quote:
    Ricky seems like a really swell guy, going out his was to protect Ai wei.
    Ricky has it all (he is sweet, nice, great body and face) the only thing that makes me a bit unsure of his feelings for Ai Wei is the fact that Ai Wei looks very similar to Ricky’s ex girlfriend so I don’t know if he likes Ai Wei for who she is or because she reminds him of his ex.

---------- Post added July 28, 2011 at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2011 at 09:18 PM ----------

Episode 15

-SJX…I him more with each episode of DTL that I watch!

- XR’s mom…I think her mom is the lady from the temple, there have been some hints throughout the series about her being XR’s mom.

- Ricky is very sweet and I do hope Avril develop some feelings for him.

- I’m glad Daniel and XR cleared the misunderstanding that happened in their childhood on the day Daniel was adopted, but I just feel that Daniel’s arc is…kind of flat…it feels like instead of making the story more exiting, Daniel and his arc are dragging the story out.

- XR being jealous was cute.

- While DTL has plenty of flaws, one undeniable thing is the amazing chemistry between the main leads and their great portrayals of their respective characters.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they didn't need to include the childhood friend returning for this series.

At this point, it just felt out of place. Detiny you think the temple lady was Xiao Ru's mom?

I haven't seen that coming.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they didn't need to include the childhood friend returning for this series.
    I completely agree. And now instead of just one childhood friend we have two, because SJX’s childhood friend made her appearance in the last ep. Maybe they included that character into the story because she is going to become Daniel’s love interest…

I mean, SJX and XR. Ricky and Avril. So they need someone for Daniel…

Quote Quote:
    At this point, it just felt out of place.
    ITA!! DTL doesn’t have the best writing but it does have an amazing chemistry between the leads that makes up for all of its flaws.

Quote Quote:
    Detiny you think the temple lady was Xiao Ru's mom?
    Yes, I’m pretty sure she is. She was there when SJX and XR got married, she was there when they were in their honeymoon, she was there in the temple and iirc, I think someone called her by XR’s last name, I think someone called her Mrs. Lin or something like that.

Quote Quote:
    I haven't seen that coming.
    Well…I can be wrong, but all the hints and my hunch tell me she is XR’s mom. ^_^

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Destiny, have you watched episdoe 17 yet?

I have not, I'm waiting for the last episdoe to watch the last two episodes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Destiny, have you watched episdoe 17 yet?

I have not, I'm waiting for the last episdoe to watch the last two episodes.
    No I haven’t. I haven’t watched ep 16, nor have I watched ep. 17. I think I’m going to wait for the last episode to air and then I’ll just watch the last three eps.

I wonder if the last episode of DTL will be as hilarious and sweet as the last episode of FTL.

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast