Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mikirisoul's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up St&rs by Takeuchi Ryousuke

A interesting new manga with an intriguing idea.Overall it looks promising.Well that's my opinion.Please voice yours.
    Info:- On August 10 of 2019, humanity received a signal, which was verified for its integrity by hundreds of scientists, from an alien life form containing one message: let us meet on Mars on July 7, 2035. Thus began the creation of a space agency representing Earth as a whole named ST&RS. From there, things progressed quickly with man re-landing on the moon in 2022 and constructing many space stations orbiting Earth and the moon. The Space Academy was created to train the upcoming generation of ST&RS.

The same August 10th that Earth received the message, Shirafune Maho spoke his first words and it was “Mars.” Since then, Maho has been an astronomy freak who has nothing but the universe on his mind. He decides he is going to apply for the Space Academy along with his childhood friend, Hoshihara Meguru, and recent transfer and super smart classmate, Amachi Wataru. The trio begins their almost impossible journey of being accepted into the school where only 1% of the applicants are allowed into the academy.
    Manga:-http://www.mangahere.com/manga/st_rs/

Happiness is the prelude to pain,Pain is the gateway to the future....

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] St&rs byTAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

Wow, I read it..
    Didn't expect it to be so good although I've hear very good comments on it, but I hope this stays in Jump. Feels "bakuman-ish", not mainstream, but the idea, story and art are very good. It's not good to judge before more chapters are out as a lot of series start really great, but that's just first, or first two chapters and then it starts to be boring. I would be disappointed if it's the case.
    I have to agree, I don't want it to turn to pure battle manga.

I'm gonna follow it and just hope readers of Jump will rank it good...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i agree the first chapter had great quality was captivating and i just can't wait for more... what other feeling do a manga need?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by murtas View Post
    Yes i agree the first chapter had great quality was captivating and i just can't wait for more... what other feeling do a manga need?
    At this point, I think it is hard to tell what this manga need at this point. It only released two chapters so far, so the authors might add things that we think this series needed. I think we should talk about this series when this series get ranked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant for a first chapter offcourse!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

After chapter 3
    Spoiler show

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

First chapter impressed me a lot! I enjoyed it a lot, actually

I think the story is good (I'm kind of sick of bad fighting or sports manga now), and the art was pleasing as well. I've never been a huge fan of astronomy or stuff like that, but I thought the chapter was interesting anyway. I actually fell in love with the characters right away. They were very easily likable.

Hope this will do well in WSJ, at least if it's going to be as good as the first chapter. I'm probably not the only one that's sick of bad fighting/sport manga though, so I think the Japanese will give it a bigger shot than other series.
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an astronomy/cosmology nerd, so the premise is all win to me

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I don't think Kait meant it has to turn into an action series to do well but that the author has set up his story to where it could easily transition into one if the author so chooses. With the concept of space, aliens, school life, and potential romance, this series can literally turn into anything without it feeling forced.
    Exactly. If the series survives long enough, they could get to Mars only to find out the aliens do not come in peace. Chapter one reminds me of a teen Moonlight Mile, we will see the entire process of them becoming astronauts - from being enrolled in astronaut school to going into space.

This could be the first time since Double Arts that I got all butt hurt because of a cancellation. Hopefully that won't happen and I won't need to fly to Japan and smack people around.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: 24 hour rule show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty good, I'll give you that, but I'm hoping they'll do the astronomical explanations as slowly as possible and I'm also hoping they can give simple examples and analogies for things that happens to be quite difficult to explain thus, making it easier to digest and enjoy for casual readers, (non-astronomical geeks) like me.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 7sun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

ST&RS is really cool, like the two Chapters.
    But the first one was more impressive.
    I would like to know what's this figure is (which Maho has built) at the end of the chapter.
    Collins eyes at the last page looks like the moon
    [sry for my bad english]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The figure was just a geometric shape, like piling toy blocks together. It would have been the same for every group, since they had instructions to follow. The shock was that they finished so quickly. They did not expect any of the groups to complete the trial in the allotted time. A team finishing in half the given time was a major shock, especially since Maho could be [that child] from the first message.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally read both chapters and I must say it was pretty good! As others have mentioned before it's quite different from typical Jump fare, but I'm rooting for it and I hope the fact that it isn't typical Jump fare won't be its downfall.

I'm really looking forward to finding out what this "strength" Maho has is. They took 2.5 minutes for the first block but were suddenly able to speed up and finish all 40 blocks in 15 minutes. I guess this "strength" is directly related to how Maho was able to throw that bottle straight into the small hole of the recycling/trash bin (his sense of distance), though I'm not sure how exactly that would have helped him place the blocks in the right place, in the right orientation, and so quickly.

I also found it pretty interesting that the 3 main characters and the first man on the moon all have space-related names. I wonder if there will be more specific links between the meanings of their names and their roles in the story/what they will achieve.

Shirafune Maho (白舟真帆) = White Ship Full Sail
    Amachi Wataru (宙地渡) = Space Land/Territory/Earth Migration/Crossing/Traversing
    Hoshihara Meguru (星原めぐる) = Star Field Revolving
    Usubara (宇州原) = [part of the kanji for space] Continent Field/First/Original

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that once Maho put the first block, the rest was easy for him. All he had to do was focus on that first block as the central point of the room. And then after that, all he had to do was calculate the distance and locations in his head. Remember, he could make an approximate guess of the revolution of the planets' distance.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast