Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] St&rs byTAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I guess this "strength" is directly related to how Maho was able to throw that bottle straight into the small hole of the recycling/trash bin (his sense of distance), though I'm not sure how exactly that would have helped him place the blocks in the right place, in the right orientation, and so quickly.
    That's a good point, I had not thought about that. Maybe he has some extrasensory sensitivities, particularly related to touch and judging space/depths even with his eyes closed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

Great, promising start! First chapter was intriguing enough, but the second was even more enjoyable. Classic, standard shounen, but it does its job very well

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 is out.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Marca looks to be a lot of fun as a character, definitely want to see more of her. Maho's ability wasn't that much of a shock since we kinda figured he had great visualization ability but it doesn't entirely explain the accuracy of him shooting that bottle. Still this series really does reek of potential I already can't wait for the next chapter. Haven't been this excited for a new chapter of a manga in some time~

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm starting to love ST&RS. Truth be told, I felt excitement when reading this weeks chapter. I always found stars, and universe, astronomy and this things fascinating. The story is well written, chapters are packed with action and the exams are interesting, I guess big role in it play very good and likeable characters.
    2weeks long exam, kind of 'Forest of Death' thing, it sure is promising. I wonder if Marca will play bigger role from now on...
    If this gets axed, I'll be really really mad. I just hope 'Already a great hit!' from first page is true and based on questionaries...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 7sun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh it was Apollo Nice figure idea.
    Marca is really funny, hope she pass the exam.
    I'm looking forward to see the next chapter, that manga is so great, I can say that endless.
    [sry for my bad english]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

The raw of chapter 4 is out if anyone is interested.

http://www.filesonic.co.il/file/1506092801/ST&RS_04.zip

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

quite unexpected for readers as well as characters it seems, that the next test is going to be the last and as well the timeframe.
    thinking about tests, exams and the likes - dunno if its me - but I'd expect at least one written part to show the knowledge of the characters and/or a psychological game to see how they react to stress and if they'll try to cooperate despite being "forbidden" to do so - then again that might be boring to read ^^

anyway, imo it continues to be promising and with this testing area giving us a glimpse of the moon without actually going there is a very nice idea =) wonder what else they'll have to go through in there, they are after all supposed to be earth ambassadors (despite their unrealistic age and all <.<

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Wow, I'm starting to love ST&RS. Truth be told, I felt excitement when reading this weeks chapter. I always found stars, and universe, astronomy and this things fascinating. The story is well written, chapters are packed with action and the exams are interesting, I guess big role in it play very good and likeable characters.
    2weeks long exam, kind of 'Forest of Death' thing, it sure is promising. I wonder if Marca will play bigger role from now on...
    If this gets axed, I'll be really really mad. I just hope 'Already a great hit!' from first page is true and based on questionaries...
    Have to completely agree with you. It has been years since I was so excited about a new series in Jump. I doubt that we can give much about "Already a great hit!" but it would be a shame to let such a promising series get canceled <_<
    The art is great, the characters are likable and the whole setting is very interesting but well, it wouldn't be the first time Jump Readers "cancel" a less generic story :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd heard of this manga before, but just finally got the time to give it a read. It was really impressed, the plot, setting and characters are all really good, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this manga in the future.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the first chapter, and I must say this is good. It had everything a shonen series needs. That is also the thing which annoys me the most here, because it really recycles a lot typical shonen tropes. Though, to survive in Jump, that is expected. Let's list a little:

- Hyperactive/passionate main character? Check
    - Is he also the "chosen one"? Check
    - He has a goal/dream? Check
    - His sidekicks the Mr. SmartHandsomeandallaroundawesomeandcool and the girl? Check
    - Mr. Smart is also an exchange student. And knows the main hero from his past.
    - Series of tests to move towards the goal? Check
    - Wellthought out and clear theme/setting? Astronauts and space, check.
    - Sensei character? Yup, two of potential ones (Fifi and that first japanese guy on moon)
    - Timeframe/deadline? Check.
    - Parental conflict? Check.

It has some silly things too. Like the smart guy wants become an astronaut/space engineer/space phycisist/whatever direction this takes. And all the girls swooning around him and his dad are like "Wtf, u serious?? Shouldn't you go to an elite school and become a doctor or something because you are talented?" The hell... like every guy could become astronauts, and the school is lead by worldknown prodigy and has very tight acceptance percent. Okay, the plot about his dad could turn differently, seems more like his dad just expects doctor career because he hasn't talked anything about his space dreams.

Still, it is good. Well written, very solid. Good art and character desings easy to remember and like. The concept/setting also gives the author lot of space (pun un-intented) to move. It can go from sci-fi to school-life to comedy and romance. If it comes down it, action too, if the aliens are hostile. I hope it doesn't go to that generic option though. Off to read chapters 2 & 3 ->

(*Also bit of advertising here. If you like this, check out Planetes. More mature, serious and realistic portrayal of astronauts and spacetraveling in near future. Don't be scared of it being too scifi/nerdy. Has plenty of comedy, some romance and is very humane story**)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 5 full raw online HERE

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 4 is out here.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Chapter 4 show

ex oriente lux

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i have no idea what the test in the moon will be like.... any ideas?

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast