Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berserk 323 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 323 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    All the training he needed was already done when he was a young lad. I think that the only thing Guts was missing is a good group of capable people. Which is the thing that the author is trying to create right now. Going against the new Band of the Hawk needs a strong party (or small army if you wish to call it that). Guts fought Zodd, the strongest being after Griffith, and survived. So, I guess it's futile to look for some kind of power up or asspull... this is Berserk.
    Yep Miura is masterful at avoiding that typical type of power up. His handling of the characters is excellent. People actually improve as people would ACTUALLY improve. Not some weird impossible gimic. That being said the level of his opponents hasn't changed since chapter 1. We're talking he is always physically outmatched but its his will power and rage that always puts him ahead. He has improved through the experience of killing thousands of creatures and people alike. Sadly though I don't see this story ending happily.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk does not need to end happily, we have already seen this manga is way beyond the word happy for a long time, plus a sad, tragic, evil, bloody ending is what would fit Berserk, but we have not seem much of that is the recent chapters. It was more during Golden Age and the Tower of Conviction arcs.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, resolutions don't need to be happy. They can be satisfying though, which I trust Miura will make it...whenever that day comes

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Yep Miura is masterful at avoiding that typical type of power up. His handling of the characters is excellent. People actually improve as people would ACTUALLY improve. Not some weird impossible gimic.
    That was what I loved Berserk for (amongst other things). But then he got Batman Armor and Shierke Buffs for powerup and now we cannot say this anymore ;(

What the current arc lacks are problems. It is just a one-sided clearly aimed way for Elfheim. No more struggles, no more tragedy. If we look at previous arcs, there was either tragedy involved (like the girl who turned into an elf demon and Jill - a very tragic story) or a sense of directionlessness (Gattsu leaving the Hawks, after bailing out Griffith, after the Eclipse...). But right now it is just too easy. There is a clear path, some stupid uninspired unimportant untragic monsters to slay. Just Batman and some Shounen style heroes showing off.
    It feels dull.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

.....well yeah, mostly my opinion, though i rely on what that the old witch (cant remember her name) said to gutts - about charms keeping the brands from eclipse left on guts and caska under control - supposedly they shouldnt work after they come to elfheim (or to be specific - cause elfheim will probably be under some sort of barrier - after they leave elfheim). so the good old monsters should once again keep coming...... and theyll come..... and gutts will welcome them with a sword in his hands..... and ill rejoice one more time...... oh what a joy

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more interested in some kind of resolution to the many unexplained mysteries such as:

What will King Hanafubuku actually look like?
    Will the Guts' astral wound be healed at Elfhelm?
    Who is the Skull Knight and what drives him to fight against the Godhand?
    Why was Rakshas hiding under Zodd's wing at Ganishka?
    Who exactly were the Godhand when they were human?
    Who Zodd was before he became an apostle?
    What will Casca be like once she regains her sanity and the interaction between Guts.
    How will Farnese react if Casca and Guts reunite?
    Who will use the green behelit?
    What will Griffith's kingdom actually be like?
    Will the nobility of former Midland conspire against Griffith? (I'm sure it wont be pretty if they do)
    Will Silat, Owen, and Raban see Griffith for what he really is?
    Who is the Moonlight child?
    Does the Skull Knight have a plan in motion to defeat the Godhand?
    What is SK's plan for Guts and why does he save him at the last minute?
    Miura has stated that he wants Guts to remain human, so that could mean that instead of "powering Guts up" he plans to somehow bring Griffith down a notch? How?
    What is the Idea of Evil's plan for the world?

Do you see where I'm coming from? Berserk is an epic story, sure there are elements of violence, but at its heart is a compelling story. And I'm expecting some of these questions to be answered within this chapter. And I don't think that once they get there they will have a chance to relax for long. I'm sure there will be some kind of conflict either external or internal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the battles with the apostles, but there is a LOT of story to be told as well. If the story was just one episode after another of Guts fighting apostles and losing people around him, it would get redundant pretty quick and people would be complaining that the story is going nowhere. All that shit that's happened to Guts IS the problem. I'm looking forward to the resolution to that problem.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner masasakia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I'm more interested in some kind of resolution to the many unexplained mysteries such as:

1.What will King Hanafubuku actually look like?
    2.Will the Guts' astral wound be healed at Elfhelm?
    3.Who is the Skull Knight and what drives him to fight against the Godhand?
    4.Why was Rakshas hiding under Zodd's wing at Ganishka?
    5.Who exactly were the Godhand when they were human?
    6.Who Zodd was before he became an apostle?
    7.What will Casca be like once she regains her sanity and the interaction between Guts.
    8.How will Farnese react if Casca and Guts reunite?
    9.Who will use the green behelit?
    10.What will Griffith's kingdom actually be like?
    11.Will the nobility of former Midland conspire against Griffith? (I'm sure it wont be pretty if they do)
    12.Will Silat, Owen, and Raban see Griffith for what he really is?
    13.Who is the Moonlight child?
    14.Does the Skull Knight have a plan in motion to defeat the Godhand?
    15.What is SK's plan for Guts and why does he save him at the last minute?
    16.Miura has stated that he wants Guts to remain human, so that could mean that instead of "powering Guts up" he plans to somehow bring Griffith down a notch? How?
    17.What is the Idea of Evil's plan for the world?
    1.Dunno
    2.I'm pretty sure guts' astral wounds have already been healed after griffiths' world domination thingy
    3.It's strongly hinted that skull knight is emperor gaiseric, as for what drives him, it's also strongly hinted it was void who branded him in the past
    4.Rakshas was skull knight in disguise, using the disguise as a way to get close to griffiths and i'm paraphrasing here, "cut of his beautiful head for himself to keep"? he probably used his sword of resonance/actuatution's portal cutting ability to sneak outa there somehow
    5.Watchoo' talkn about Aazholh? Please expand on that question for my sake?
    6.Zodd was just some blood knight who wanted to get stronger and keep on fighting, got his hand on a behilit, and now wanders around "lookn for peeps to fight". iono
    7.All i can say for this one is, " Skull Knight cryptically hinted about the nature of Casca's mental illness, claiming that "being healed" may not be what Casca truly wants."
    8.Farnese already knows she can't get in to Guts' pants, that's why she planned the whole getting married and staying behind so the rest of guts party could get that ship. she'll probably eventually develop stronger feelings for roderick and so forth
    9.Puck will use it!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    10.Dunno, actually kinda interesting, 'cause in the missing chapter, he's told to use it in any way he wants, be if for the sake of mankind, or for like, hell on earth..., most likely the latter?
    11.I'm sure you know the answer to that one
    12.You mean as Femto? And maybe?
    13.The moon child is guts and casca fetus baby monstrosity's true form or something, like what he would look like if he was born normal..., it is also griffith in a way..., iono, it's really weird. in the chapter where he disappears, you see guts look off into the distance and you see what appears to be a silhouette of zodd in the distance in the grassy plains, somehow the moon child is able to appear freely now that griffith has merged both worlds, he was born in the astral world, and used griffith as a vessel as his first means of appearing to guts and casca
    14.Skull Knight's plan was kinda screwed things over when he attempted to fix things in emperor ganishka's hive mind thingy, and femto saying something like, "i knew you would come here and stuff"
    15.At the last minute..., as in the eclipse...? I guess he doesn't really have plans for him now...? Maybe? He's hiding his true intentions till later...that could be why he saved guts during the eclipse...? or maybe he just happened to be there and took sympathy/empathy for him, due to him supposedly being emperor gaiseric 'n all being branded supposedly by void for when he became a godhand member
    16.Me perhaps thinketh that moon child will be able to power down griffith since they be-ith connected somehow...-eth?...dunno
    17.What makes you think it has a ultimate plan...? it responds to humanity's need for a reason for suffering, manipulating human affairs and controlling humanity's destiny.

i hope that answered..., or brought some insight into any unanswered questions of yours
    Last edited by masasakia; July 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: so big!! need to number them

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masasakia View Post
    1.Dunno
    2.I'm pretty sure guts' astral wounds have already been healed after griffiths' world domination thingy
    3.It's strongly hinted that skull knight is emperor gaiseric, as for what drives him, it's also strongly hinted it was void who branded him in the past
    4.Rakshas was skull knight in disguise, using the disguise as a way to get close to griffiths and i'm paraphrasing here, "cut of his beautiful head for himself to keep"? he probably used his sword of resonance/actuatution's portal cutting ability to sneak outa there somehow
    5.Watchoo' talkn about Aazholh? Please expand on that question for my sake?
    6.Zodd was just some blood knight who wanted to get stronger and keep on fighting, got his hand on a behilit, and now wanders around "lookn for peeps to fight". iono
    7.All i can say for this one is, " Skull Knight cryptically hinted about the nature of Casca's mental illness, claiming that "being healed" may not be what Casca truly wants."
    8.Farnese already knows she can't get in to Guts' pants, that's why she planned the whole getting married and staying behind so the rest of guts party could get that ship. she'll probably eventually develop stronger feelings for roderick and so forth
    9.Puck will use it!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    10.Dunno, actually kinda interesting, 'cause in the missing chapter, he's told to use it in any way he wants, be if for the sake of mankind, or for like, hell on earth..., most likely the latter?
    11.I'm sure you know the answer to that one
    12.You mean as Femto? And maybe?
    13.The moon child is guts and casca fetus baby monstrosity's true form or something, like what he would look like if he was born normal..., it is also griffith in a way..., iono, it's really weird. in the chapter where he disappears, you see guts look off into the distance and you see what appears to be a silhouette of zodd in the distance in the grassy plains, somehow the moon child is able to appear freely now that griffith has merged both worlds, he was born in the astral world, and used griffith as a vessel as his first means of appearing to guts and casca
    14.Skull Knight's plan was kinda screwed things over when he attempted to fix things in emperor ganishka's hive mind thingy, and femto saying something like, "i knew you would come here and stuff"
    15.At the last minute..., as in the eclipse...? I guess he doesn't really have plans for him now...? Maybe? He's hiding his true intentions till later...that could be why he saved guts during the eclipse...? or maybe he just happened to be there and took sympathy/empathy for him, due to him supposedly being emperor gaiseric 'n all being branded supposedly by void for when he became a godhand member
    16.Me perhaps thinketh that moon child will be able to power down griffith since they be-ith connected somehow...-eth?...dunno
    17.What makes you think it has a ultimate plan...? it responds to humanity's need for a reason for suffering, manipulating human affairs and controlling humanity's destiny.

i hope that answered..., or brought some insight into any unanswered questions of yours
    Thanks, but your answers are pure speculation. Even if some are likely to be true, I want concrete evidence. As for question #5, I would like some kind of back story that reveals who Void, Conrad, Ubik, and Slan were before they became members of the godhand. I don't think that's a stretch for Miura giving that he has dedicated like 12? episodes that lead up to the Moonlight child doing something. Go figure.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner masasakia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeh, concrete evidence is a bitch

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    That was what I loved Berserk for (amongst other things). But then he got Batman Armor and Shierke Buffs for powerup and now we cannot say this anymore ;(

What the current arc lacks are problems. It is just a one-sided clearly aimed way for Elfheim. No more struggles, no more tragedy. If we look at previous arcs, there was either tragedy involved (like the girl who turned into an elf demon and Jill - a very tragic story) or a sense of directionlessness (Gattsu leaving the Hawks, after bailing out Griffith, after the Eclipse...). But right now it is just too easy. There is a clear path, some stupid uninspired unimportant untragic monsters to slay. Just Batman and some Shounen style heroes showing off.
    It feels dull.
    Well yes this arc is different. But I see it as improvement because Guts had no goal besides destroying the God Hand. So he roamed killing apostles wherever he could find them. Now he has Caska back and a clear way to get her back to normal. He has a human goal now and something to live for. Before he was willing to die as long as he took down as many apostles as possible. Now he has a reason to live.

Yes Guts has the Berserker armor but because it comes with the double edge of tearing his body apart it emphasises how weak Guts is because he's human. Also it really only amplifies his natural ability anyways. Schrieke is a bridge to help explain the supernatural, she is a necessary character for that reason alone. The direction the manga was heading made it necessary for Guts to have such a companion because as a human he had no way of dealing with it. Schrieke is basically there fulfilling whats necessary so Miura didn't have to asspull another power up for Guts.
    Last edited by llamapie; July 16, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I can't see this sea god story lasting much more that a few more episodes. Unless Guts has something up his sleeve, he's outmatched and will need help. The sea god itself appears to be just an over-sized monster. The only interesting element that popped up is the moonlight child making his second appearance - he's there for a reason. I feel there will be some sort of payoff at the end of this.

Hopefully the story wont go back to Griffith's story and will continue on to Elfhelm.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post

It feels dull.

lol the village they were just on has been decimated if that's not considered tragic I dunno what is. Isma is basically the last of her village so she's basically "alone" now. As for the "magical" power-ups they were necessary for the story. There's no way Guts would be able to handle godhand unless he himself gained an advantage through magic.

Think about it didn't Griffith gain a "power-up" out of nowhere through the Belheit. It's like a gameshark on steroids lol. Think about this I dunno if it's been brought up before, but while the Belheit grants ones wish of power by sacrificing others, the Berserk armor's power is only from the user sacrificing his own body in order to keep that power.

By no means is the Berserk armor a power up for Guts if anything it's a very troublesome device he still has to learn to control even now. Think of how many chapters he's been through with the armor yet he still needs Shrieke's aid in order to actually stay in control. His comrades have to keep Shrieke safe, if she loses focus and gets pulled out that could spell the end for Guts. What would happen if Shrieke died? That would spell the end of Guts, while he might try to resist the power of the armor when he's pushed into a corner he acts likea wolf and gets aggressive which calls upon the power of the armor. Once he gets into that state though Shrieke seems to be the only one capable of brining Guts back. Other then that one time when I think the lightning blast knocked him back to his senses. Though all those lightning blast really did a number on his body it's surprising he actually lived through that.

Then again on that note it also shows how reliable his allies are, if he was just alone Puk wouldn't have been enough to heal those wounds nor would he had lasted since the armor would have consumed him.

Anyways I don't think anything has been taken away from the overall plot, sure they have an actual destination this time but that's because Guts might actually be able to bring Caska back to her old self. If you had the chance to bring someone back to their senses you would go for it and attemtp to avoid as much side-tracking as possible.

However, they've been stalked by the pirates which did cause damage to the ship causing them to dock and restock supples/repair the ship. However, because Griffith succeeded in bringing both realms together the island they landed on became more in tune with the fantasy realm then before. Because of this the Sea god basically claimed this area as his territory and it would appear as if everyone on the island has a connection to the Sea god.

Isma did seem to feel a sense of pain related to the Sea god so I do wonder if she'll actually be able to continue on with them. it's possible the Sea god could end in maybe 3 ways.
    -Guts manages to cut the heart himself killing the sea god
    -Guts's is spit out by the sea god and Isma uses her abilities to act as a decoy to lure the Sea god away so that they can escape while telling ishida that they will meet again.
    -A combination of the above where Isma uses he abilities to subdue the sea god giving Guts a chance to slay the beast while it's lulled into a charm.

The moonlight child could also be involved in some way. I'm not sure how people would feel about this but it would be interseting if the child could actually purify the berserk armor. Guts does have his hand on a belheit, maybe the kid can use it. I mean the skullknight demon was about to ingest the belheits and turn it into a dimensional slasher. Granted this scenario is very unlikely but it would be nice if the handicap on the berserk armor could be lifted a tad.

Less then a week til the new chpt though there are so many possibilities as to what can happen now I'm definitely curious to see the artwork in this chapter. I'm also hoping we'll be blessed with another chpt in two weeks lol.

@Aazholh
    I'd like to think that for the most part Griffith's story is done. The reason why there was so much focus on Griffith's plot was because it tied into what would happen on Guts's boat ride. It also gave a general idea of how long they've been on the boat for, if during that whole conflict the two realms actually came together. It's actually amusing when you think about it, Griffith is still causing Guts trouble, it's his fault he has to deal with the Sea god now, had the two realms still been somewhat seperate from one another they could've passed the island with no trouble and the pirates would be dead. Though because of Griffith's actions he's caused a scenario where the sea god reigns over the island and has turned the pirates into his minions. Though at least the pirates finally seem to be done with.
    Last edited by Airget; July 18, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll require a group effort to kill the sea god. Not just Guts and Schierke either, moonlight kid and those damned merrows, too.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3