Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Sacred Seven

  1. #1
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sacred Seven

    Sacred Seven


    Synopsis

    Quote Quote:
    Alma Tandoji lives a lonely life. One day, Ruri Alba, a girl accompanied by her butler and maids, visits him. Knowing the power of Sacred Seven is latent within Alma, she asks him to lend her his powers. However, he refuses and drives her away since he injured many with his unusual strength in the past.

    Meanwhile, a fiendish Dark Stone creature suddenly appears in this peaceful town in the Kanto region. Only Alma's power of Sacred Seven can fight against it. But Alma just lets his power run amuck and things begin to get worse. Ruri raised her gemstone in order to release his true abilities, My Soul I give to you.

    With Ruri's wishes engraved in it, will Alma be able to defeat the Dark Stone?
    Producers: Sunrise
    Genres: Action, School

    Episode titles: 12

    Opening Theme:
    "Stone Cold" by FictionJunction

    Ending Theme:
    "輝跡-kiseki-" by Yuuka Nanri


    Staff
    Spoiler show


    Japanese cast
    Spoiler show


    ---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

    Episode 1

    The first episode of the series wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great either. What caught my attention the most about this series is that the character designs are very reminiscent to those in Code Geass; in fact, the male lead has a strong resemblance to Lelouch from Code Geass.

    One thing about this episode that made me laugh because I found it quite hilarious is that the female lead commands an army of maids.

    I’m going to trust Sunrise (since I’m enjoying watching Tiger and Bunny very much) and watch the second episode. I hope the series gets better with the next ep. Although I’m not sold on this series yet, I am sold on both the OP and the ED songs. Cool songs filled with a lot of energy.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 05, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    I completely agree Des-chan! The first episode was average so it could turn out either way but I'm going to give it a try, especially because I don't have high expectations of this anime (and those anime's often turn out to be better as you would expect).

    The maids were hilarious but I wondered why everyone listened to some girls in a maid outfit. Maybe they are some accepted kind of police?

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    i don't mind ..please arrest me or i will resist for it ( i love maids ) beat or fed me ? or both?? i i don't mind ...

    anyway it is interesting but i know Sunrise is famous of my several favorite anime ... but some of post said similar Leluochs and i want to point that mecha similar from Britiana Mecha .. similar color , and mecha design but one thing is eject pod

    I like first tranforms's bad ass or called Darkstone ... but second tranforms is all right

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #4
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I completely agree Des-chan!
    Glad to see you posting in this thread, naruto-niikun.

    Quote Quote:
    I don't have high expectations of this anime (and those anime's often turn out to be better as you would expect).
    QFT. I was able to watch Infinite Stratos, so I know that as long as it’s enjoyable I will be able to watch this anime as well. ^^

    Quote Quote:
    The maids were hilarious but I wondered why everyone listened to some girls in a maid outfit. Maybe they are some accepted kind of police?
    Maybe…or maybe people are more inclined to listen to cute maids than serious policemen.

    For cool :
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks to liro for the pic
    Uh...maids and butlers...stop overusing them Japan. I'm going to watch this just for Arma's motocompo.

    For kind of funny ...I guess:

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks to Jeffry2009 for the pic
    Oh, Sunrise…I love you. Maybe I’m going to keep watching Sacred Seven, in hope it’ll get any better (who am I kidding?).

    Spoiler: Suzaku + Lelouch = show
    ---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    I like first tranforms's bad ass or called Darkstone ... but second tranforms is all right
    It is interesting that you would mention that, raptor02_2001. Many fans (mostly boys) have mentioned how they thought Alma’s first transformation was awesome but the second one was ….just okay. As for me, I actually like the second transformation (the one it happened when Ruri gave Alma her blue heart) better than the first one.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

  8. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    so fans have different taste about Transformation ... it will be 13 3 esp or standard esp ?

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever
    Maybe…or maybe people are more inclined to listen to cute maids than serious policemen.
    that is my thought ... i am admit .. i am addicted on Maid... ... This story will became dark and twist plot .... I hope it will more twist plot ..

  9. #6
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    so fans have different taste about Transformation
    The guys agree with your opinion, but I do wonder if the girls would agree with me or with you guys. ^^

    Quote Quote:
    ... it will be 13 3 esp or standard esp ?
    I don’t know for sure, but according to MAL it will be a 12-episode anime.


    Btw, here are the full versions and PVs of both the OP and the ED :

    OP: stone cold / FictionJunction PV (love this song!)



    ED: 南里侑香 / 輝跡 -kiseki- PV

    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Sacred Seven Episode 01 is out on AnimeFans.tv

    Click here to Watch Online/Download --->http://www.animefans.tv/sacred_seven/

    More Links -->http://www.animefans.tv/f808/sacred-...315/index.html

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #8
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    The first two episodes look promising. I'm liking the series so far.

    Is this an original work or one based of manga?

    Anyways, for the time being, it seems like the one in the black armor is the baddy.

    The current episode show Tandouji - lost his blue crysta darkstonel.

    I noticed that that when he transforms with the dark stone, only one of is eyes glows. So could it mean that he is only using half his power?


  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #9
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Did someone mentioned Lelouch here just now? :3

    Anyway, what brought me here is actually the title. Sounds promising. After reading through the first post and some replies to this, I decided to give this series a try. Well, the summary is not that much interesting, though, in my opinion, but:

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The first episode was average so it could turn out either way but I'm going to give it a try, especially because I don't have high expectations of this anime (and those anime's often turn out to be better as you would expect).
    that sentence is very true to me lately. So I thought I may as well gamble on it. XD

    Still on download process so I'll post my opinions of the series later.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #10
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The first two episodes look promising. I'm liking the series so far.
    Glad to see you posting in this thread, Charlie! And while I won’t call this series great yet, I do admit that the first two episodes have been pretty enjoyable. We had less action and more plot during this second episode which I thought was very nice since it allowed us to learn more about our protagonists and about the sacred seven power.

    Quote Quote:
    Is this an original work or one based of manga?
    It is a Sunrise original.

    Quote Quote:
    Anyways, for the time being, it seems like the one in the black armor is the baddy.
    Yes, he is and I can’t wait to know more about him.

    Quote Quote:
    The current episode show Tandouji - lost his blue crysta darkstonel.
    Which is why he spends so much looking for rocks in nearby streams.

    Quote Quote:
    I noticed that that when he transforms with the dark stone, only one of is eyes glows. So could it mean that he is only using half his power?
    Good observation! Maybe to awaken his full power he needs to transform using his own stone...

    ---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Still on download process so I'll post my opinions of the series later.
    Glad to see you joining this thread, phio_chan! I’m looking forward to your comments about the eps.

    ---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

    During the first episode I found the maid army very funny, during the second episode this is what I found hilarious

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
    Maybe Sacred Seven Stones cause your children to suffer growth deficiencies. Alma is unnaturally big and tall, and it's not a matter of character design either since Hellbrick said it himself. Ruri's pretty small.
    What Nightengale said is so funny but so true at the same time. And maybe he is on to something.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #11
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    I've just seen that spoiler of Suzaku + Lelouch = Alma. Noooooo~ >___<
    It is true that he inherits their eyes, though. I really love that part of him. But that makes me miss Code Geass even more. *sigh*

    Anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Glad to see you joining this thread, phio_chan! I’m looking forward to your comments about the eps.
    Thank you, destiny. Although I think I wouldn't be able to keep going with this series any further. After watching the first two episodes, well, it didn't give me enough mysteries which would make me curious to see more, I think. I was surprised to see that Kagami ride a mecha back then; I almost thought that this would look like Code Geass version 2. XD But besides those, I think there isn't many things which made me want to keep watching or to know more. I'm not comparing this to Code Geass, no. Sometimes I even think of this like Power Ranger or something; maybe that's also the thing that drives me off. I just can't bring myself to continue watching this, sorry. ^^"

  20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  21. #12
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    It is interesting that you would mention that, raptor02_2001. Many fans (mostly boys) have mentioned how they thought Alma’s first transformation was awesome but the second one was ….just okay. As for me, I actually like the second transformation (the one it happened when Ruri gave Alma her blue heart) better than the first one.
    well the first transformation was more GAR, the second one was more "Megaman" like. I liked the first one more because it was more special and less generic, girls might like the second version more because they... can see his "pretty" face or because he looks more like a shining knight and not like some kind of monster.

    The second episode was more enjoyable than the first, I liked that we got some more information. I get phio-chins point, the story seems very generic so far but nevertheless I enjoyed the two eps and I'm willing to watch a few more until I judge the series. It's sad to see that you're dropping it phio :/

  22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  23. #13
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Although I think I wouldn't be able to keep going with this series any further. After watching the first two episodes, well, it didn't give me enough mysteries which would make me curious to see more, I think. I was surprised to see that Kagami ride a mecha back then; I almost thought that this would look like Code Geass version 2. XD But besides those, I think there isn't many things which made me want to keep watching or to know more. I'm not comparing this to Code Geass, no. Sometimes I even think of this like Power Ranger or something; maybe that's also the thing that drives me off. I just can't bring myself to continue watching this, sorry. ^^"
    It is okay, phio_chan. Sorry to hear that this series didn’t engage you enough to continue watching it. Judging by the reasons you mentioned as to why you won’t keep watching SS, maybe you should give Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi a try.

    ---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well the first transformation was more GAR, the second one was more "Megaman" like. I liked the first one more because it was more special and less generic, girls might like the second version more because they... can see his "pretty" face or because he looks more like a shining knight and not like some kind of monster.
    I think your analysis was spot-on, narutonii-kun. And I’m guilty as charged of the reasons you mentioned for liking the second transformation.

    Quote Quote:
    nevertheless I enjoyed the two eps and I'm willing to watch a few more until I judge the series.
    I’m glad to hear you say that.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

  24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  25. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    second esp remind about Eureka Seven more than Code Geass .. because similar Eureka jump on airship and join Renton ... Eureka =Ruri and Renton = Alma ...

    anyway i wonder Ruri have so many maids ? Damn i see lot of maid .. and Butler is funny after force bag on Alma in Airplane ...

  26. #15
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sacred Seven

    Episode 3

    We were introduced to the rest of the characters that appear in the OP during this episode. Out of all of those characters the one that caught my attention the most was Kijima Night. Yes, all the arrows are pointing to him as the bad guy but I think there is more to him than just using his powers to cause destruction. In fact, I think the real bad guy is Kenmi Yuuji, yes he appeared as a benevolent researcher but I have a feeling he was experimenting on kids that had the SS power and treating them as laboratory rats, and that is probably why Night and Fei want to destroy him (and consequently his organization as well).

    I won’t say Sacred Seven is a fantastic series yet, but it has been pretty enjoyable so I’m definitely looking forward to episode 4.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts