Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Sasuke's Amaterasu won't work on Naruto!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TadoshiChang's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke's Amaterasu won't work on Naruto!

I know that a while back people were saying when Naruto and Sasuke fight, Sasuke will win because all he has to do is SPAM Amaterasu because Naruto can't avoid it. (I was included in that group) In recent chapters we found out that Naruto is the reincarnation of Konoha's Yellow flash, and is in turn actually faster than Raikage who was deemed the fastest Shinobi. So why do I bring up Raikage in a NarutoxSasuke Discussion? If Raikage is fast enough to evade Amaterasu and Naruto is even faster than him, means that Sasuke better get some new tricks. Also I am not convinced that Sasuno'o's Arrow would be fast enough to hit Naruto. The only way I could see Sasuke winning is with Tsukiyomi, but only if the Kyuubi isn't going to play nice with Naruto anymore. Though it's not 100% face Amaterasu will not work since there are too many variables involved with Sasuke MS and what powers he will gain from it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke's Amaterasu won't work on Naruto!

Your last sentence says it all. Sasuke with MS is an unknown almost moreso than kabutos possible abilities, madaras full power, and narutos full potential. What he will be able to do is unknown but if you consider how strong itachi was sick and how ridiculous madara is (before the six path eyes) I'd guest mate he'd be somewhere in the middle or even stronger considering how far narutos has come. Amatedrasu is probably his simplest technique to be honest especially considering how well he mastered it with little combat experience versus a kage.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@TadoshiChang:You're comparing powered up Naruto to pre-EMS Sasuke, remember that. Sasuke can't do much of anything against Naruto right now unless he hits him with Genjutsu, but that will change soon enough. Though remember, Sasuke still got Raikage with Amaterasu even though he didn't hit him with it. There's more than one way to make sure it connects.

Sasuke could coat his Susanoo in Amaterasu and tank a punch or Rasengan if he really wanted Naruto to burn... or drop a Kagutsutchi in his running path and let him step on a minefield of neverending flaming spikes. He could even use Genjutsu to make his mass of Amaterasu flames look like himself sitting there and when Naruto runs into it to hit it, he gets a pleasant surprise.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

damn I made an account just for this and got stuck at the registration code lol.

Anyway I wanted to point out one key fact someone mentioned... itachi is a beast...

Now even if sasuke could beat naruto, consider who gave naruto a "piece of his power" in order to stop sasuke without killing him.

Does anyone really think itachi stopped naruto, talked with him just about sasuke and what he would do if he attacked konoha. Just to give him a useless power?

I expect nothing less then a total trump card from big bro... nothing less. Probably something cheesy as hell to counter some of the EMS power's.

haha wouldn't doubt it if naruto was just immune to all the effects cause there itachi's eye's, or if some nasty justsu activated when they made eye contact.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be too much of an instant-endgame ability, but it'd be cool if Sasuke mastered his Amaterasu like Shikamaru has mastered his Shadow techniques on a level of scale.

Meaning, Sasuke could cast Amaterasu, but force the flames to be almost microscopic so Naruto didn't notice them on the terrain, or even on his own body, and then simply put the flames on his fist (or whatever body parts they connected with), and then grow the flames that caught onto Naruto.

Would be interesting to see that sort of complexity added to the technique.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TadoshiChang View Post
    I know that a while back people were saying when Naruto and Sasuke fight, Sasuke will win because all he has to do is SPAM Amaterasu because Naruto can't avoid it. (I was included in that group) In recent chapters we found out that Naruto is the reincarnation of Konoha's Yellow flash, and is in turn actually faster than Raikage who was deemed the fastest Shinobi. So why do I bring up Raikage in a NarutoxSasuke Discussion? If Raikage is fast enough to evade Amaterasu and Naruto is even faster than him, means that Sasuke better get some new tricks. Also I am not convinced that Sasuno'o's Arrow would be fast enough to hit Naruto. The only way I could see Sasuke winning is with Tsukiyomi, but only if the Kyuubi isn't going to play nice with Naruto anymore. Though it's not 100% face Amaterasu will not work since there are too many variables involved with Sasuke MS and what powers he will gain from it.
    Is he? Just because he dodged one attack?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Rikudou King; August 03, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It's clearly recommendable that Amateratsu won't work on Naruto, cuz if it does Naruto will end much likely dead. As we saw in the previous chapters, Naruto is pretty fast and was even able to dodge Raikage's fastest attack so i have faith that he will be able to dodge Amateratsu

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, amaterasu wont work on naruto, weve seen how naruto preps his shunshin to counter itachis amaterasu in the last chapter. Oh wait... he just stood there like a dummy.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking he can deal with Amaterasu in another way: he is covered in a chakra cloak, and he can extend it like an arm without touching it. With it, he can pick up the part of the cloak that is burning with Amaterasu, extend it and then extinguish that fake-limb's existence. Naruto doesn't have to touch anything more to manipulate it, ever since he got that chakra-cloak.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hauradrims3 View Post
    Oh yeah, amaterasu wont work on naruto, weve seen how naruto preps his shunshin to counter itachis amaterasu in the last chapter. Oh wait... he just stood there like a dummy.
    Naruto's so fast that he probably doesn't need to prepare his shunshin, if amaterasu comes straight at him, he'll just dodge it like he dodged Raikage's fist.

Or, he'll just block it with his chakra arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

New Reply