Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread 2

Hmm, so he'll be able to attack an Uchiha, completely blocking their sight, and still be able to see his target? You realize that he's attacking people with Sharingan, and, in Itachi's case, someone that can make a Kage Bunshin seal so fast that even Kakashi and Sasuke couldn't read the seal in time, and even blow up the KB. I don't really see the advantage of that.

If Pain can make a kawarimi quick enough to not be actually attacked by the hair, I'm not sure how Sasuke/Itachi can't.

Regarding Yomi Numa - In Sasuke's case, seeing as how it's an Earth technique, I would think Chidori Nagashi would be able to free him. In Itachi's case, it still doesn't really stop Susanoo from attacking with its sword (and for Sasuke, its bow and arrow)

I'm curious as to why he didn't use it more if "It's impossible to recover one's strength and escape from there." Does the description of Amaterasu claim that it's unable to be dodged?

@jdw - Where do you find the translations of the databooks regarding jutsu? That's actually really useful to have (like when I didn't know that Jiraiya's Endan already had oil in it)
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; July 06, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    The advantage of his hair is that he can use it to attack Sasuke/Itachi while blocking their sight.
    Why not just throw a bucket of water at the approaching Amaterasu flame? I'm sure as "good" of an agument, or dare i say if not even better, could be made for that then the whole Jiraiya going into his hairstyles mode.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    If it was born on Raikage, he would have been dead, as amaterasu was born in front of Raikage and then Raikage moved. Seriously?

Seriously. Look at your own scan. Hell, the sound effect says "appearing", acknowledging that the jutsu appeared on the exact spot Raikage was standing in but he disappeared before getting burned. The flame didn't move until Raikage wasn't in the position he was in prior, because what Sasuke was staring at was further away (the samurai).

You'd have a point of the image was from the side so we can see the jutsu propelling, missing, and then continuing... but you don't. All you have is an Amaterasu appearing on a target that disappears too fast to be ignited, and then the flames continuing onward. In otherwords, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter
    Regarding Yomi Numa - In Sasuke's case, seeing as how it's an Earth technique, I would think Chidori Nagashi would be able to free him. In Itachi's case, it still doesn't really stop Susanoo from attacking with its sword (and for Sasuke, its bow and arrow)
    Don't forget that the Kagami Shield alters it's elemental affinity to block all incoming attacks, and it also seems to surround Itachi. It's entirely possible that the shield will change to raiton elemental affinity and either negate the swamps suction, or outright repell the swamp from Itachi's body all together because it's doton.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 06, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaterasu's falmes appeared in front of Raikage, who moved to the side and dodged it.
    Jdw's right, if it formed on Raikage, it would've immediatly ignited and killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Seriously. Look at your own scan. Hell, the sound effect says "appearing", acknowledging that the jutsu appeared on the exact spot Raikage was standing in but he disappeared before getting burned. The flame didn't move until Raikage wasn't in the position he was in prior, because what Sasuke was staring at was further away (the samurai).

You'd have a point of the image was from the side so we can see the jutsu propelling, missing, and then continuing... but you don't. All you have is an Amaterasu appearing on a target that disappears too fast to be ignited, and then the flames continuing onward. In otherwords, nothing.
    That's the case :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31674-...apter-463.html
    Why does Sasuke even care about the Samurai seriously ? He was aiming Raikage for sure.

If you're still not convinced, another evidence :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-395-7/...apter-390.html

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga
    That's the case :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31674-...apter-463.html
    Why does Sasuke even care about the Samurai seriously ? He was aiming Raikage for sure.

If you're looking at a piece of paper... and I remove that piece of paper, you are now looking at the wall that was behind the piece of paper. Amaterasu hits what you're focused on. What you're LOOKING at. Because he was looking at the samurai, the samurai burned. Amaterasu goes where you LOOK. Change what you're looking at and you change what burns. Sasuke didn't want to burn the samurai, he was simply in the way of his line of fire. For example if he wanted to hit Gaara and Gaara put sand in front of himself the flames would hit the sand instead because Sasuke is now looking at the sand.

You guys are making this far more complicated than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga
    If you're still not convinced, another evidence :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-395-7/...apter-390.html

ONCE AGAIN, the flames propelled themselves in the direction Itachi was looking. Sasuke moved out of the way and thus was no longer what Itachi was looking at, so the flames kept going where he WAS looking. Then? He turns and traces his vision behind Sasuke attempting to catch him, the flames following his eyesight. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog
    Amaterasu's falmes appeared in front of Raikage, who moved to the side and dodged it.
    Jdw's right, if it formed on Raikage, it would've immediatly ignited and killed him.

Except it didn't touch him. It appeared on him as he disappeared from sight, leaving Sasuke to try to burn away an afterimage (as that is what Sasuke was looking at). Not Raikage. So no, he's still wrong.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage was standing there when it came into existence. When it came into existence, it did not come into existence on Raikage. At best, it came into existence near Raikage. If it came into existence on Raikage, who was standing there, he would have been on fire. Because he was not on fire, and the fire came into existence when he was not moving, then clearly it did not come into existence on him.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    @jdw - Where do you find the translations of the databooks regarding jutsu? That's actually really useful to have (like when I didn't know that Jiraiya's Endan already had oil in it)
    MH's Konoha Prints section
    Last edited by jdw; July 06, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think Gaara would have been a good matchup for Tobi? If Tobi wasn't trying to warp him away, it's likely Gaara might be able to beat Tobi with his sand. I also thought Gaara was a good matchup to Itachi, for the most part. Now I need to think of ways that gives Itachi a victory over Tobi, but it's very hard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The flames appear on the target you are looking at, so why should they appear in the air in front of the target?

No, the flames appeared on the Raikage's chest, he simply moved quickly away so the Flames didn't actually have enough time to ignite him.

Its the same like making a campfire and then quickly swinging your bare hand through it... you will feel some heat but your hand won't catch fire because such a short time isn't enough for the fire to penetrate your flesh and spread.
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 06, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The eyes would still be in Jiraiya's view, even if not direct, he could still be hit with genjutsu. Even if not, Itachi can still use his finger under pretense of wiping blood away to put Jiraiya in genjutsu.

Sasuke knew Amaterasu was coming, though. Plus, he let himself be caught on purpose. Jiraiya wouldn't have the speed that Raikage and Sasuke did to avoid it, not in base mode anyway.
    Well it's not impossible to look at the cheek without seeing the eye. That's assuming that Itachi can actually cast the genjutsu with just that though. I mean maybe it requires pointing to the opponent's eye while the opponent stares at the finger. It's kinda vague at this point.

Well Jiraiya can just be on the move constantly because as I have said, Amateratsu haven't exactly shown to hit a person that's not stationary in a sense. Perhaps it requires a great deal of focusing or something, I don't really know but every time someone gets hit with Amateratsu they're pretty much just there not really moving except Sasuke but in that case like you said, he was trying to get caught to trick Itachi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    No, pass your hand through a flame and your hand doesn't burst into flames. Add to the fact he had armor on and it makes sense why he didn't light on fire.

Ameratsu appears where ever the user is looking. It appeared on the Raikage, but he moved so fast it didn't light him on fire.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how fast you move your hand not even a blow torch should cause a lot of damage. Maybe my skin would get burned a bit... but consider that I'am not coated in Raiton Armor and I can't move my body at the speed of lightning.

There's also to consider that in case of Amaterasu the flame was dodged in the exact same moment as it appeared, so it never reached its full burning potential.

Basically its like something that happened to myself when I was younger. I was refueling a lighter and somehow the vapors from the gas can soaked into my sweater and I didn't notice it. When I turned on the lighter suddenly my whole front upper body burst into flames, reaching even into my face. But apart from a little shock nothing happened because the fire lastet only for the blink of an eye.

Same phenomenon we have here.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    Does anyone else think Gaara would have been a good matchup for Tobi? If Tobi wasn't trying to warp him away, it's likely Gaara might be able to beat Tobi with his sand. I also thought Gaara was a good matchup to Itachi, for the most part. Now I need to think of ways that gives Itachi a victory over Tobi, but it's very hard.

If he could stall long enough to figure out the time limit of Madara's jutsu, yes. The thing though is that Madara doesn't have to stay on land, unlike the majority of the Naruto universe. He can teleport into mid air if need be and Gaara's sand doesn't explode. The instant Madara's intangibility runs out and he's struck by the sand he has to be gripped and then crushed inorder to have this moment taken advantage of. And if he's sucked underground his mole jutsu could potentially allow him to dig far enough away, fast enough to reactivate his warp jutsu. It'd be a good fight but I still would give the win to Madara based on the amount of effort Gaara has to put forth to hit him.

With Itachi however, he could send a Karasu Bunshin in the form of a flock of crows up to the flying Gaara to cast Genjutsu on him, making him fall from the sky paralyzed and land on his head for a quick and easy death while the real Itachi is either hidden or running from sand.

Honestly, if I could prove Madara could use Genjutsu (or any jutsu for that matter) while intangible he'd be literally unstoppable... but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    I was of the impression that amatersu was quite unlike common campfires. Is this same hand through fire trick possible with blow torches and other extreme flames?

Depends. Are you moving at the speed of a normal human, or at the speed of a lightning bolt?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

how did sasuke dodge it for so long then? if it's instant then it should of hit him staight up.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Probably because he was moving so fast that Itachi with his eye sight almost gone had trouble focusing on him.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast