Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

That and Itachi didn't want him dead. The combination of CS2 boosting Sasuke's speed, Itachi being half blind, and Itachi not wanting to kill him and/or destroy his eyes results in no instant burning. All he had to do was trace him far enough that he only nicked his wing, which would down him without destroying his eyes. Or him.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

he was like 20 metres away it would be easy even if you had crummy eyesight(it was good enough to be slightly behind him the whole time). if it's instant it would be impossible to dodge at that range.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not if you're intentionally trying to avoid killing the person you're aiming the jutsu at.

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I was of the impression that amatersu was quite unlike common campfires. Is this same hand through fire trick possible with blow torches and other extreme flames?
    As ninjabot already said, when you are moving at extreme speeds there is a difference. Combine that with the fact the Raikage had his lightning armor active and that should be a good enough explanation as to why he wasn't burnt.

By virtue of how the jutsu works, we know it appeared on him, but it didn't burn him because he moved fast enough where the fire couldn't catch his skin on fire.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    how did sasuke dodge it for so long then? if it's instant then it should of hit him staight up.
    Sasuke started running from Itachi's line of sight as soon as he turned on or opened his right eye Mangekyo. Sasuke knew it was coming before it did.

Isn't Amaterasu like a projectile anyway?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke started running from Itachi's line of sight as soon as he turned on or opened his right eye Mangekyo. Sasuke knew it was coming before it did.

Isn't Amaterasu like a projectile anyway?
    Amaterasu is supposed to appear where ever the user is looking. Therefore, it moves as fast as the eye can see.

When Itachi tried to hit Sasuke, Sasuke was moving so fast that the near blind Itachi was having trouble focusing on him, and thus couldn't hit him right away.

Enton jutsu, which is the manipulation of Amaterasu can be used as projectiles however, as we saw when Sasuke launched some at Gaara and then it was blocked. IMO Enton is simply Sasuke's own way of saving chakra as he doesn't have to create anymore Amaterasu, he can just manipulate what is already burning.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaterasu doesn't appear where the user see: the flames converge to where the target is looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato, Nagato and Kimimaro won their respective matches.

As for the next matches, the low tier finals are available. You have 5 days to crown the winner of the low tier tournament, after that is done the top tier will commence with its quarter finals.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

please,update the results in the brackets threads.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Neji vs Suigetsu thread everyone is saying Neji wins but in the Suigetsu vs Kimi they say Suigetsu wins. And in the Neji vs Kimi they say Kimi wins. Im confused???

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    In the Neji vs Suigetsu thread everyone is saying Neji wins but in the Suigetsu vs Kimi they say Suigetsu wins. And in the Neji vs Kimi they say Kimi wins. Im confused???
    well it's like saying toad defeats snail,that defeats snake that defeats toad.
    But I think they do it to give less votes to someone,for example I don't know who would win between suigetsu VS Kimi. but because Kimi is stronger than suigetsu(he can defeat ninjas much stronger than suigetsu) I've voted neji in "suigetsu VS neji" thread,so suigetsu won't take my vote,contrariwise kimi has taken 2 votes from me.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Fucking pity votes. Really? some people in here though that Darui could defeat Minato or that Tsunade could stand a chance against Nagato?. For god's sake I wanted to see a freaking 100%...

T_T

Anyway I give this to Neji, not out of him actually being the better fighter but having advantage against all, Neji's attack will still affect suigestu while bypassing Kimi's defence. Bottom line winner for low gap: Kimi... yes, he has more fans, while displaying greater power... it seems unfair for him to lose just because his opponent has tailor made attacks for him and I'm guessing that's how people are going to vote.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 07, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Suigetsu should defeat Neji. I'm sorry, but if he's in his liquid form it's impossible for Neji to find his tenketsu to turn his chakra off. Ditto for Kimimaro stabbing Suigetsu over and over and never actually hitting his vitals but just parts of him that turn into water.

That's like saying Kimimaro can beat Madara by hitting his intangible form over and over and over until he runs out of chakra. And with the rules conveniently set up so that we can put water on the battlefield FOR Suigetsu he doesn't dehydrate anytime soon.

He should defeat them both by way of being untouchable IMO.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    Fucking pity votes. Really? some poeple in here though that Darui could defeat Minato or that Tsunade could stand a chance against Nagato. For god's sake I wanted to see a freaking 100%...
    they did it out of pity,they themselves stated it. anyway I agree with you,I wanted a 100%,damn them!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it matter? At least Minato and Nagato won like they should have. Sasuke, Deidara, and etc deserved to win but they didn't, that's way worse than characters not gettin 100% even though they won anyway.

Anyway, Neji vs. Kimimaro, eh? Interesting. Is Suigetsu made out of water or does he turn into water because of chakra? If it's former, then I dunno if Neji can beat him.

22. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast