Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

    5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

    22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

    16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

    13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

    0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

    1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 832

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

  1. #631
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where Hypocrisy Thrives
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    ^^ You need to stop acting as if it is FACT that sasuke is stronger than J-man. Obviously it is not fact because the majority don't believe it.
    You go around spouting nonsense as if u are the only one right and anyone that disagrees is incompetent

    Anyways, thanks to the mods for making the tournament. It was fun... when fans weren't complaining. These forums are suppose to be fun... not here for bitching 24/7
    I really don't care about the tournament; it went exactly as I predicted. (I knew Sasuke would lose to Jiraiya; the plethora of hate he receives in these threads made that very clear.)

    I promise you that most of the complaining will stop if you can provide not just one, but MANY viable arguments as to why Jiraiya would beat Sasuke.

    However the only things I have heard from anyone on your side is:

    "You're just crying"
    "Well the voters decided"
    (insert unfunny manga edit due to lack of a half decent argument here)

    Hell one person even said, "Your side may have had more arguments, but that doesn't mean you're right"....mmmkay.
    Spoiler show


    @rell250
    I don't really think Kakashi and Itachi were cheated...they were both really close matches.

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #632
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post

    Hell one person even said, "Your side may have had more arguments, but that doesn't mean you're right"....mmmkay.
    Spoiler show
    Because opinions are opinions, not facts. I said that having more arguments on one side doesn't make the opinions of others any more wrong. Unless we actually see, or Kishimoto actually states that Sasuke > Jiraiya, then there is nothing wrong with believing the opposite.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #633
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Arguments or whatever doesn't really matter. People are gonna cry regardless. It doesn't matter how many valid arguments are made because people either don't read them, don't agree to them, have already made up their minds, or consider them invalid regardless. Everyone who says ninjaA is supposed to defeat ninjaB or vice versa are entirely missing the point of the manga.

    No one can really tell when it's not painfully obvious. Just go back and read the manga. Had everyone at the Konoha arena decided Naruto's match against Neji with votes instead of an actual fight, Naruto would've lost because the only people who would've voted for him were less than 10. Did Naruto lose? No. Was it obvious he would lose? Yes. However, Naruto managed to win and it wasn't luck or a lucky shot. He performed contrary to what the audience assumed and he did it only with what he had shown so far in the series, i.e.: nothing new learned during that fight. He used a clone for diversion, dug a hole in the ground, then, when he was under Neji pressed →↓↘ + P, and beat Neji. Naruto pulled that win out of his ass (figuratively) whereas with Kiba he pulled it out of his ass (literally) .

    Since this tournament is based on the series, any outcome is technically possible. People complaining about the crying is because the tournament shouldn't be taken seriously. So what if a character has haters? I mean, you can cry all you want, or gloat all you want, or troll all you want - because you're expressing yourself. Just don't be surprised when other people then attack or complain about your own complaining.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #634
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where Hypocrisy Thrives
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Spoiler show



    I don't care about the tournament. And I read the thread, that's why I'm asking for an answer to my question. I'm just debating for the sake of it and no one will contribute. Maybe it is hopeless....

  8. #635
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post


    I don't care about the tournament. And I read the thread, that's why I'm asking for an answer to my question. I'm just debating for the sake of it and no one will contribute. Maybe it is hopeless....
    That's why no one will contribute. Who wants to argue with someone who just wants to argue? Ever have that girlfriend who picks a fight just for the sake of fighting? What's the smart answer? Just walk away

    For someone who doesn't care about the tournament you sure seem to complain a lot about one of its matches.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #636
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where Hypocrisy Thrives
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    I thought that was the point of the tournament...hehe. Whatever, it's best to just move on. I forgot that the Arena was open again.

  11. #637
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    ^^ You need to stop acting as if it is FACT that sasuke is stronger than J-man. Obviously it is not fact because the majority don't believe it.
    You go around spouting nonsense as if u are the only one right and anyone that disagrees is incompetent

    Anyways, thanks to the mods for making the tournament. It was fun... when fans weren't complaining. These forums are suppose to be fun... not here for bitching 24/7
    Even more bad logic. Just because the majority doesn't believe something doesn't make it fact. The majority in Konoha thinks Kyuubi attack was natural, does that make it a fact? No. Majority thought Madara is dead and as far as we know, does that make it a fact? No.

    Majority tends to be wrong because basically... it's just going with what's popular at the time.

    The only reason why you and few others aren't complaining is because the ones you wanted to see go ahead went ahead. I'm sure you'd complain like no tomorrow if Minato lost to Kakuzu or if Naruto lost to Hashirama for no good reason.

    What's wrong with wanting decent or actual arguments/reasons in a tournament where debating is required? Had Jiraiya and Naruto actually got that in their respective fights, I wouldn't have a problem. Instead, it's all bullshit reasons that manga either proved otherwise or the fans made up to make Jiraiya beat Sasuke and Naruto beat Kisame (at least the way people said he'd win). It's like saying Ten Ten can beat Temari because her katon's more powerful than Temari's fuuton or Konohamaru can beat Six Paths of Pain (though he already beat one like cakewalk, lulz) with an FRS.

  12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #638
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    @M3J

    Quote Quote:
    However, the distance was close between Raikage and Minato. Despite the distance, Deidara can still react to Naruto's speeblitz, or he can even make a kage bunshin like he did during Rescue Gaara arc, I think.

    How long does it take for Deidara to use his bird? If it's more than five seconds, he'll get taken out so early.
    Going to put it simple. Do you think he is faster then Minato (ignoring ST)? If not he losses his head. Do you think he is faster then Sasuke (ignoring Susano)? If not he is losing his head. Do you think he is faster then all the people Raikage decapitated in his life (aside from Naruto and Minato as they are the only 2 exceptions)? If not he is losing his head. The last one is defenetly questionable at best but it adds to the HOLE.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Or Jiraiya is more popular and stronger than Sasuke at the same time. These things, popularity and deserving to win, are not mutually exclusive. So even if you say Jiraiya is more popular, I'd say he is more popular and stronger.
    Just because i say so and no evidence is needed. I know, i know.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Ofcourse you would. That's... kinda my point. He's clearly not stronger based on the lackluster posts in defense of him. And he's clearly more popular based on him winning despite a horrible defense in the thread. And it's not so much JUST that he has more fans than Sasuke, but that there's not a single poster here who hates Jiraiya, where as there are tons who hate Sasuke.

    Jiraiya didn't deserve to win by way of not being good enough to defend against the class of attacks he was going to have to contend with. When the best arguments in his favor require you to suspend belief and knowledge of how the actual manga works, then you're doing too much work for the character. I don't have to pretend that Sasuke's Amaterasu is powerful or instantaneous. I don't have to pretend his Susanoo is powerful enough to tank anything Jiraiya has outside of Sage Mode. I also don't have to pretend that Sasuke can paralyze Jiraiya with a single glance.

    Jiraiya's supporters however had to pretend he could break not just Sasuke-level Genjutsu, but Tsukuyomi, make up terrain to hide in to give him a chance to reach Sage Mode, and pretend that his hair was comperable to chakra shrouds as far as defensive measures, and as fast as an S/T jutsu to allow him to intercept Amaterasu. It even got as bad as Jiraiya sealing away Amaterasu while he's burning... it takes too much suspension of belief to give Jiraiya the type of chance you've convinced yourself he has. It's just not right.
    Yes i remember that. Man it'd be funny if it weren't so sad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    ^^ You need to stop acting as if it is FACT that sasuke is stronger than J-man. Obviously it is not fact because the majority don't believe it.
    You go around spouting nonsense as if u are the only one right and anyone that disagrees is incompetent

    Anyways, thanks to the mods for making the tournament. It was fun... when fans weren't complaining. These forums are suppose to be fun... not here for bitching 24/7
    This was already addresed by JDW in a good way but man i have to say how bad your logic is. We got a HUGE majority of this planet that belives in God or other divine stuff. I to belive in God but there is no proof to suport this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Because opinions are opinions, not facts. I said that having more arguments on one side doesn't make the opinions of others any more wrong. Unless we actually see, or Kishimoto actually states that Sasuke > Jiraiya, then there is nothing wrong with believing the opposite.
    No facts are facts. We got facts you people got nonsense. I can give a HUGE list of nonsense that where used to counter Sasuke. Kishi already stated Sasuke > JMan trough the feats he showed us from both of them.
    Last edited by xXan; August 03, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

  14. #639
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Like I said though, if Deidara's far enough away to react in time, he has a chance. Plus, we haven't seen Naruto go in for the kill yet, we don't know how effective it'd be, although I think the rasengan could be enough. However, can you really say for sure Deidara wouldn't be using a clay clone to get Naruto?

  15. #640
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Like I said though, if Deidara's far enough away to react in time, he has a chance. Plus, we haven't seen Naruto go in for the kill yet, we don't know how effective it'd be, although I think the rasengan could be enough. However, can you really say for sure Deidara wouldn't be using a clay clone to get Naruto?
    The distance is going to be close enough. Just use the distance showed in 95% of the fights in this manga and also use logic. Giving a huge distance to Deidara in a fight with Naruto is a UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

    Also i already stated i asume Naruto is ready to kill and not give a speek no jutsu in 1 of my previous posts. Naruto can just take a kunai out and implant it in Deidara's head. A Rasengan is not even needed.

    Also to use clones you need time to make HANDSEALS and Deidara would have no time for that. The clay clone in Sasuke's fight was used after that genjutsu that Deidara was able to see trough. In this fight he is not going to see anything before he dies.

    EDIT: I Just noticed something. In regards to Naruto vs Kisame. Personaly i have no idea how Kisame can win when he has to stop a army of Sage Naruto's going his way with ultimate rasengans. He is going to get anihilated lol.
    Last edited by xXan; August 03, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

  16. #641
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    19,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    With the tournament over, I'd like to thank everyone for their participation. I personally had a lot of fun debating in the matches I took part of, in others I had a lot of fun just reading the arguments. I'd also like to thank the staff that helped moderate and run the tournament, not to mention plan it, it wasn't a small job and I really appreciate your efforts in the form of countless hours that were put into this huge project.

    So now that the board will remain open for a few more days, I would really like to hear some general opinions about the tournament. What did you like, what did you not like, what's your favorite moment, what's your least favorite moment, etc etc. I can start off:
    • What I liked: The discussions, especially in the matches that I held interest in. I also enjoyed the planning process, especially after the members got involved and we received feedback in the finishing stages of the process.
    • What I didn't like: If you imagine life as a moderator, I'm sure you all could figure this one out
    • My favorite moment: Naruto vs Kisame, Bee vs Hashirama, Madara vs Itachi. Those are my favorite matches in the tournament, and thus also my favorite moments.
    • My least favorite moment: Itachi vs Minato, because Itachi lost and I personally would have wanted a Naruto vs Itachi final.

    I'm also putting up a poll, so go vote!

  17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #642
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Well, that was fun.
    Thanks for the tournament.

    Although some of the fights felt a bit rigged with fanboyism (like Sasuke losing to Jiraiya), that was really fun.

    I'm okay with Naruto winning, although I think he was lucky not to be put against a genjutsu user.
    Either way, that was always a fight between Naruto, Minato, Sasuke and Itachi.

    I'm pretty sure that this tournament will spawn many more fights in the arena, and I can't wait to see those debates!


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #643
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Still at discussing Naruto vs Kisame? Really? I mean, Naruto just speedblitzes Kisame and tears him to pieces, how can you write walls of text about it?

    Even in the off chance that Kisame can react to one Naruto, there's no way he can react to 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #644
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    I'm gonna steal your layout, 3c

    • What I liked: Kicking ass and taking names in heated discussion! Ossu!

    • What I didn't like: 90% of the outcomes of each match were too predictable. Personally, I found it very obvious who would win in the matches (90% of the time, at least ). Also, Kimimarou is too broken to have been placed in the Low Tier. A healthy Kimimaro is definitely Top Tier.

    • My favorite moment: Jiraiya beating Sasuke. Maybe it's 'cause I'm an asshole, but I loved the fights it spurred. Man, what entertainment! It was like a tournament within itself! The amount of people who nagged, cried, talked trash, gloated, flamed, teased, etc. made all worthwhile! I was about to roast some popcorn and kick my feet up and read all the intense insanity! Roflsengans ahoy!

    • My least favorite moment: Tsunade getting votes against Nagato and Darui getting votes against Minato.
    Last edited by DementedKirby; August 03, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  24. #645
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    I enjoyed the tournament, and to be honest, since dye to my testosterone deficiency, I don't argue very passionately in the fights, so the outcomes were very meh for my.

    However, seeing the reaction of people after someone lost, especially when Sasuke lost against Jiraya, I LOL'ed to no end, even though I voted for Sasuke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts