Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

    5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

    22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

    16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

    13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

    0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

    1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 832

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

  1. #646
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Naruto vs Kisame were moved to a new thread. Please continue it there. This applies to all the rest of the fights. If you want to continue the discussion, please make a new thread in the Konohagakure Arena. Enjoy!

    I liked the tournament overall...my only disappointments:

    First as a mod and organizer: I would've loved some of the threads to be more active, though I know in some cases it was unavoidable...so maybe in retrospect some of the match-ups should've been different. What do you guys think about this?

    And some of the losses were a bit disappointing to. Even though I did expect popularity to say it's word, in some cases it was a bit too much...

    But that's kinda it, the hot debates were really fun, and I have to say, the entire atmosphere was pretty pleasant...
    So thanks for the participation! And thanks to fellow mods as well!

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #647
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bot Lane
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The point he was trying to make is that it would take longer to defeat Orochimaru, as he would keep reviving, and Deidara can both fly aswell as kill Naruto with C4, an attack Naruto can't really defend against. Minato had no attacks that could hurt Naruto, and also couldn't endure any of his blows either. Granted, he could attempt to flee, but the odds of him getting far were slim to none. So by that logic yes, both fights would require more discussion than the final round did.
    First of all i would want to see Orochimaru regenerating after being hit by a Shuriken Rasengan
    Minato had no attacks that could hurt Naruto? Really?
    We might have never see it, but Minato definitely has better "weapons" at his disposal than what was shown until now, so i don't expect that to be true at all. Don't forget for example the knowledge that he has on sealing jutsus.

  4. #648
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    superb... And i hope there's still a next time.. And just for the record, i got two memo for visiting this site at my work.. But still, i can't resist myself not to visit this site at my working hours for the tournament.

    Thanks for the tournament mangahelpers..

    This tournament was flawless and for me, it was a perfect and a fun tournament. And the only one who make this tournament somehow a lil bit of disappointing is the one who losses their character. As if their statement is true and their opinions is the manga fact itself.

    But anyway, this tournament got a perfect score for me.. thankz and more power..

  5. #649
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    • What I liked: Some discussions had good arguments. The time limit also made it better.
    • What I didn't like: Shitty arguments for characters like Jiraiya and Naruto, Itachi Minato, and etc and shitty arguments against Sasuke, Kisame, Orochimaru, and etc. Not to mention, this whole tournament is basically a popularity contest, most members here have horrible reasons for why this or that win, and they don't care because they just wanna look like they weren't voting for who they liked. If Ten Ten was popular, she'd win the lower tier. If Yamato was popular, people would find any reason for him to win.
    • My favorite moment: None, to be honest.
    • My least favorite moment: Jiraiya vs. Sasuke, Kisame vs. Naruto, Orochimaru vs. Deidara, Hashirama vs. Orochimaru, and Naruto vs. Minato. Either bad arguments or lackluster arguments.

  6. #650
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    I just have one thing to say that after this chapter itachi uchiha is something else, itachi should be the winner of this tournament because even after dead, itachi is one of ther bassass shinobies in naruto and that doesn't take nothing away from naruto but still naruto is not close to itachi's level or sasuke..
    itachi could take madara but he trusted and lefted everything to sasuke to be the hero and the savior of konoha while itachi was the villain but it didn't turned the way that itachi wanted if itachi didn't love sasuke so much, itachi could take care of these whole mess a while ago and not watting for sasuke and making sasuke a hero and one of the strongest shinobies from the world.
    Last edited by EMS; August 03, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #651
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    IMO, there is nothing worse than people endlessly crying over losses, it is so shameful. So, I'd say that the next tournament should include a no whining clause. The losing side must quietly accept the loss unless there is a case of actual cheating, like fake accounts for votes, or something like that. The tournament exists to determine who wins in the minds of those who participate. Not everyone has to vote as a block just because someone thinks a win is obvious. If everything is so obvious, skip the tournament and just crown the MH shinobi king and be done with it. Sometimes others can imagine things better than other and see openings that others cannot understand.Personally, when it comes to fights like Jiraiya v. Sasuke, I feel like a lot of people didn't (and still don't) properly understand Jiraiya's jutsu. But that is basically unimportant as people can vote for their own reasons anyway.

    I am just glad that MH isn't the kind of place where I have to physically walk into, because I can see a crowd of angry people standing outside right now with picket signs, candles, and poorly drawn pictures of Sasuke holding up the trophy he "should" have won.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #652
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    i think naruto is a great winner of this tournament but itachi is not a badass shinobi that will go thw anything for complete his mission and bring peace to this world..itachi is one of the greater's shinobies that i have see so far and i doubt about him i little whi he didn't take madara by himself but he expected so much from sasuke and tryed to made him a great shinobie and hero but it didn't turned out the way that itachi wanted and that is itachi's greatest mistake in life.

  11. #653
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LDN
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I just have one thing to say that after this chapter itachi uchiha is something else, itachi should be the winner of this tournament because even after dead, itachi is one of ther bassass shinobies in naruto and that doesn't take nothing away from naruto but still naruto is not close to itachi's level or sasuke..
    itachi could take madara but he trusted and lefted everything to sasuke to be the hero and the savior of konoha while itachi was the villain but it didn't turned the way that itachi wanted if itachi didn't love sasuke so much, itachi could take care of these whole mess a while ago and not watting for sasuke and making sasuke a hero and one of the strongest shinobies from the world.
    You really believe that; Naruto isn't close to Sasuke's level?

    Just wondering...

  12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #654
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    You really believe that; Naruto isn't close to Sasuke's level?

    Just wondering...
    even itachi think that the only way to stop sasuke if he didn't go back to konoha was thw shisui's kotoamatsukami and that meant that itachi knew that sasuke will be so powerful and could destroy konoha and one of the only thing to stop sasuke was the shisui's kotoamatsuaki genjutsu..
    naruto is freaking strong but the sharingan granted so much power that is hard to keep it up with it..

  14. #655
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    I think an important missing piece is the "stop Sasuke without killing him" aspect.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #656
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    The only reason why you're accusing others of crying is because the ones you voted for made it far: Jiraiya, Naruto, and Minato. You don't care what kind of horrible argument they got because you were on their side, thus why you freely accuse others of whining. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt you'd just accept the losses like you claim to. And as I said, I don't care about Sasuke losing, I care about the fact Sasuke lost to bullshit reasons and horrible arguments, and I'm sure we understood Jiraiya's jutsu well enough. Even if he hides in a toad to get into Sage Mode, Sasuke can Amaterasu the toad or stab it somehow. Most of Jiraiya's doton, including his hair, can be countered by raiton, and even his hair doesn't offer complete protection.


    Also, looking at what Naruto's done, I think it's safe to say Naruto (for now) is above Sasuke's level, easily. Itachi and Naruto's main concerns weren't Sasuke's power, it was beating him without killing him or at least, dealing with him being evil. Unless Sasuke's speed increases well enough to avoid chakra hands when he doesn't expect it, and he can compete with Naruto's speed (enhanced speed and speed of making jutsu like rasengan), I don't see Sasuke having a chance. Maybe with Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi, but it looks like Naruto knows about those jutsu.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #657
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The only reason why you're accusing others of crying is because the ones you voted for made it far: Jiraiya, Naruto, and Minato. You don't care what kind of horrible argument they got because you were on their side, thus why you freely accuse others of whining. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt you'd just accept the losses like you claim to.
    That's just inaccurate for me tbh. I mean, personally I have voted against certain characters and until now I still don't get how they would actually win but they still won at the end of the day. Let's be fair also, horrible arguments existed on both sides. The only reason why this is overlooked is because your side lost. Both side had ridiculous claims yet somehow only the Jiraiya/Naruto/Minato side seems to be labeled as illogical and the such.

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #658
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The only reason why you're accusing others of crying is because the ones you voted for made it far: Jiraiya, Naruto, and Minato. You don't care what kind of horrible argument they got because you were on their side, thus why you freely accuse others of whining. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt you'd just accept the losses like you claim to. And as I said, I don't care about Sasuke losing, I care about the fact Sasuke lost to bullshit reasons and horrible arguments, and I'm sure we understood Jiraiya's jutsu well enough. Even if he hides in a toad to get into Sage Mode, Sasuke can Amaterasu the toad or stab it somehow. Most of Jiraiya's doton, including his hair, can be countered by raiton, and even his hair doesn't offer complete protection.


    Also, looking at what Naruto's done, I think it's safe to say Naruto (for now) is above Sasuke's level, easily. Itachi and Naruto's main concerns weren't Sasuke's power, it was beating him without killing him or at least, dealing with him being evil. Unless Sasuke's speed increases well enough to avoid chakra hands when he doesn't expect it, and he can compete with Naruto's speed (enhanced speed and speed of making jutsu like rasengan), I don't see Sasuke having a chance. Maybe with Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi, but it looks like Naruto knows about those jutsu.
    I would accept the losses because it isn't the manga. The tournament is fun, as is the debating, but I don't really care who wins in the end, I care about the manga. If the winner of the tournament somehow became the emperor of the actual manga, I would care.

    What you consider a bullshit reason or a horrible argument may not even really that big a deal. There is no way to know if the arguments made in the thread swayed the people who did not comment or publicly and say so. That would have required another question in the poll. For all of your certainty in the power of your arguments, or your certainty in the lack of power in the arguments for Jiraiya, you could have talked people out of actually voting for Sasuke, how about you bear the burden of that? It is also possible that the result would have been worse but your arguments gave Sasuke a shot, while still failing to deliver victory, so maybe you can take pride in that possibility. Basically, you are speculating about the arguments but failing to put any weight on your own shoulders, instead you just heap it on bad arguments for Jiraiya, but in the end maybe you are not as convincing or right as you think, or maybe you are and you didn't have enough time to peddle your Sasuke wares, either way you lost, so at least lose in peace, and silence.
    Last edited by jdw; August 03, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #659
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    It's amazing that Naruto years ago would not be able to Face the Lower Tier champion, but nowadays people really can see him as the most powerfull shinobi to date.

    Well, as expected, no one has more potential than him, Sasuke maybe a pure blooded Uchiha, but Naruto's mom is an Uzumaki(Blood relatives of the Senjuu), his father was one of the top 5 ninjas to ever live, and he's the host of a beast that with little chakra left is able to do a Genki-Dama sized chakra ball, not to mention that he was trained by the world's greatest ninjutsu specialist, a legendary gama-senin who's power was only below a Half-God Shinobi, and the perfect Jinchuuriki.

  23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  24. #660
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    That's just inaccurate for me tbh. I mean, personally I have voted against certain characters and until now I still don't get how they would actually win but they still won at the end of the day. Let's be fair also, horrible arguments existed on both sides. The only reason why this is overlooked is because your side lost. Both side had ridiculous claims yet somehow only the Jiraiya/Naruto/Minato side seems to be labeled as illogical and the such.
    Because Jiraiya, Naruto, Minato, and Itachi unfairly won, and Jiraiya made it further than he deserved to, against his opponent. I can see Naruto beating Kisame, but not by blitzing like others state it so. The manga even showed that Kisame was able to tank the speedblitz punch and still run.

    Jiraiya's was illogical because he was overpowered and got abilities made up. Naruto's was illogical because the manga proved otherwise. Minato's was illogical for the same reason, as Sasuke was able to put Bee in a genjutsu while moving. The main reason I'm not as annoyed is because I actually think Minato can beat Itachi.

    The posts I'm thinking of with Jiraiya was "It's jiraiya, he's awesome!", though. I saw that in almost every fight until Naruto, me having have contributed it against Kakuzu (although Kakuzu can beat Jiraiya as he has the jutsu and elements to do so).

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I would accept the losses because it isn't the manga. The tournament is fun, as is the debating, but I don't really care who wins in the end, I care about the manga. If the winner of the tournament somehow became the emperor of the actual manga, I would care.

    What you consider a bullshit reason or a horrible argument may not even really that big a deal. There is no way to know if the arguments made in the thread swayed the people who did not comment or publicly and say so. That would have required another question in the poll. For all of your certainty in the power of your arguments, or your certainty in the lack of power in the arguments for Jiraiya, you could have talked people out of actually voting for Sasuke, how about you bear the burden of that? It is also possible that the result would have been worse but your arguments gave Sasuke a shot, while still failing to deliver victory, so maybe you can take pride in that possibility. Basically, you are speculating about the arguments but failing to put any weight on your own shoulders, instead you just heap it on bad arguments for Jiraiya, but in the end maybe you are not as convincing or right as you think, or maybe you are and you didn't have enough time to peddle your Sasuke wares, either way you lost, so at least lose in peace, and silence.
    I doubt I talked people out of voting for Sasuke. Looks more like people were gonna vote for Jiraiya no matter what the argument simply because he was Jiraiya, according to some of the posts I saw. There needs be no weight on my shoulders as I at least provided decent counters, even if none of them were worthy of the debating club. You don't consider "it's Jiraiya, he wins!" a bad reason to vote for Jiraiya? Or saying "he'll jump on Bunta and go into Sage Mode while Sasuke does nothing!" a bad counter? Just as much a crime as saying "Itachi beats Minato because he's Itachi!" or saying "Minato gets one-shotted by Itachi's genjutsu!"

    All I wanted was good argument/debates, as that's what's interesting about battle threads. Sasuke can lose for all I care, Jiraiya can speedblitz Minato for all I care, as long as there's reasonable explanation as to why such and such would happen. At least Minato vs. Itachi had fan on both sides, so that made it slightly bit more even.

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts