Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    And you're not even sure if he was really shock or not.. Because minato never said any words to confirm that he was shock at all.. And i think it was kishi's fault.. Because he forgot to show that minato was indeed shock by raikage's punch just like this one (!) or a comment from minato itself for saying "he was damn fast" " im shocked" .. but kishi never shows that. So basically, minato never shock at all..

Maybe minato was just look like he was shock by seeing how big the raikage's hand. And if minato's eyes was indeed a sign of being shock then itachi and sasuke was also in shock everytime they use their sharingan.
    Its imposible for Minato to not be impresed. Raikage showed to become a blur and be vizible when he was 1cm from Minato's face. Raikage showed the best movement speed in the entire manga (aside from Minato teleporting). Raikage was probably the fastest thing Minato ever got to see in his life.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Does it really matter? It's two different things. Fact is Minato reacted to Raikage's fastest attack while Sasuke didn't because Raikage didn't use his fastest attack against Sasuke. Why is Bee even here when I didn't even mentioned Bee?
    OK, you're right, it's two different things. Not only did the Raikage not state that he was using his fastest attack on Sasuke, we also don't know if the Raikage's speed increased in the time that Minato has been dead. Bee is there because it shows Minato's reaction to something not coming head-on at him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Going behind his back is going in his blind spot decreasing the succes of any any defensive action like it happened to Raikage and Madara(Minato's attack). Raikage had to make 2 more steps but disapearing from sight is a big +. Also the speed was probably the same as he powered up like hell and used that in corelation with shunsin no jutsu.
    Doesn't matter because it gave Sasuke more time to react. Shunshin or no shunshin, it was already stated by A and seen by us that his fastest attack is him charging in to attack.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    He wasn't able to bypass Bee's tentacle, he merely settled for placing the tag (that I think it's fairly certain he wanted to put on the Raikage) on Bee's tentacle. He was even shocked by Bee's tentacle being there (and I'm sure even jdw can't disagree with this one lol)

If anything, isn't a straight-on attack easier to counter than one from another direction?

Edit: @jdw - Considering that Minato wasn't going saying anything, I guess he opened his mouth for the lulz then?
    He knew he was tagging the tentacle. He was clearly surprised by the tentacle, but he let go of his kunai and purposely tagged it. I am not sure if there is an argument against this. Even raikage is like "in that one moment," giving a nod to Minato's feat.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    And you're not even sure if he was really shock or not.. Because minato never said any words to confirm that he was shock at all.. And i think it was kishi's fault.. Because he forgot to show that minato was indeed shock by raikage's punch just like this one (!) or a comment from minato itself for saying "he was damn fast" " im shocked" .. but kishi never shows that. So basically, minato never shock at all..

Maybe minato was just look like he was shock by seeing how big the raikage's hand. And if minato's eyes was indeed a sign of being shock then itachi and sasuke was also in shock everytime they use their sharingan.
    I love bhasty. I really do. It has to be the only reason why I don't just ignore him, lol. From the infamous Amaterasu vs. window argument to "Maybe minato was just look like he was shock by seeing how big the raikage's hand," I can always count on bhasty for something entertaining.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, put in a wheelchair by a kunai. While covered in Raiton Armor. Shocked as hell? He was shocked, but his apology to Bee and concern for Bee's status show that he wasn't worried at all. Considering that Minato knew that A was going to be the Raikage, it's not really surprise for him to be skilled. Considering how most jinchurriki turn out though, it's a surprise for Bee to be willing to protect A, etc. Minato even notes that it's not Bee's talent he's impressed with.
    He was impressed with Bee's movements.

Raikage needed to be saved, so that's his business. I don't think Bee goes around saving Raikage from non-threats.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, you're right, it's two different things. Not only did the Raikage not state that he was using his fastest attack on Sasuke, we also don't know if the Raikage's speed increased in the time that Minato has been dead. Bee is there because it shows Minato's reaction to something not coming head-on at him.
    It might have or it might have not but fact is Raikage still mentioned Minato as someone who have dodge his fastest attack in present time so that's something that may or may not suggest that his top speed remained the same.
    That isn't necessarily true since Bee could have been aiming for Minato as well for all we know. Judging from the way Minato's body is positioned before and after Bee's tentacle moved in, we can also say that Minato dodge the tentacle from hitting him.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter because it gave Sasuke more time to react. Shunshin or no shunshin, it was already stated by A and seen by us that his fastest attack is him charging in to attack.
    And? Vs Sasuke he dodged Amaterasu and charged right at him but behind his back. I am sure he had a damn good reason to not charge right at Sasuke expecialy after Sasuke showed to be able to follow him with his eyes as he was moving (before he got behind his back).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    He knew he was tagging the tentacle. He was clearly surprised by the tentacle, but he let go of his kunai and purposely tagged it. I am not sure if there is an argument against this. Even raikage is like "in that one moment," giving a nod to Minato's feat.
    Obviously he knew he was tagging the tentacle, he freaking touched it. My point was that he probably wanted to tag the Raikage. If you don't think he wanted to tag the Raikage, and that Minato's kunai strike would be enough, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously he knew he was tagging the tentacle, he freaking touched it. My point was that he probably wanted to tag the Raikage. If you don't think he wanted to tag the Raikage, and that Minato's kunai strike would be enough, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    I think he would have wanted to tag Raikage if it was an option, but it was not because Raikage was saved by his little brother.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    And? Vs Sasuke he dodged Amaterasu and charged right at him but behind his back. I am sure he had a damn good reason to not charge right at Sasuke expecialy after Sasuke showed to be able to follow him with his eyes as he was moving (before he got behind his back).
    You guys said that Sasuke showed similar reaction speed when that's false because Sasuke didn't react to Raikage's fastest attack while Minato did. All other circumstances doesn't matter because we're simply comparing reaction speed. Unless it is shown or mentioned later on that Sasuke did in fact react to Raikage's fastest attack, he didn't do it.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Againt Bee, Minato obviously didn't want to hurt him: heck, he didn't even look at the guy after warping him.

If Minato appears above Bee, then IMO, there's nothing he could've done to save himself in that occasion.

And IMO, Sasuke put the amaterasu shield in anticipation to Raikage's attack, or Kishi screwed up with the reaction of the other characters watching their fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys said that Sasuke showed similar reaction speed when that's false because Sasuke didn't react to Raikage's fastest attack while Minato did. All other circumstances doesn't matter because we're simply comparing reaction speed. Unless it is shown or mentioned later on that Sasuke did in fact react to Raikage's fastest attack, he didn't do it.
    Indeed. Sasuke reacted to a slower attack, in which Raikage took a scenic attack path. That provides a lot more time for reaction for someone in Sasuke's position. Slower attack + longer attack path = more time

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    He was impressed with his bravery and his holding of something important

Quote Quote:
    Raikage needed to be saved, so that's his business. I don't think Bee goes around saving Raikage from non-threats.
    Again, for someone that was threatened, he was surprisingly eager to give it another go. I guess he's just suicidal like that. I also think it's common sense to counter an attack (unless you're Hidan), but I guess it's not. Considering that Minato was at the very least a Kage candidate at the time, it's not outside of the realm of reason for Bee to assume that he was readying a powerful attack.

It might have or it might have not but fact is Raikage still mentioned Minato as someone who have dodge his fastest attack in present time so that's something that may or may not suggest that his top speed remained the same.
    That isn't necessarily true since Bee could have been aiming for Minato as well for all we know. Judging from the way Minato's body is positioned before and after Bee's tentacle moved in, we can also say that Minato dodge the tentacle from hitting him.
    Again, we can make assumptions either way. When Minato dodged it, it was his fastest punch. For all we know, when they fought later, Minato dodged an even faster punch of his.

I suppose Bee could've been attempting an attack at Minato that just happened to strike him after he teleported on top of the Raikage, and just happened to knock the Raikage away from a strike. The main point I was making was that Minato's reaction to the Raikage's attack and his reaction to Bee's counter were different. Reacting to a head-on attack and a blindside attack are different. It's not necessarily really more impressive to counter a straight-on attack than a blindside one, even if the straight-on attack is faster.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends if you belive that what Raikage showed vs Sasuke was his fastest posible type of movement. If that was (and i am damn sure it was) then Sasuke actualy showed better rection to it because he was able to follow him with his eyes (granted because of Sharingan but he could).
    Considering its only 2 steps and the fact that Minato noticed him from 1cm and Sasuke from way before Raikage was even close to him (even behind his back) and it things get balanced out.

Thread Closed
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast