Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

    5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

    22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

    16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

    13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

    0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

    1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 832

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

  1. #811
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    He was impressed with his bravery and his holding of something important


    Again, for someone that was threatened, he was surprisingly eager to give it another go. I guess he's just suicidal like that. I also think it's common sense to counter an attack (unless you're Hidan), but I guess it's not. Considering that Minato was at the very least a Kage candidate at the time, it's not outside of the realm of reason for Bee to assume that he was readying a powerful attack.
    We are talking about the same guy who willingly gave up a hand to Amaterasu, and was going to sacrifice at least a leg as well. He thought he saw through Hiraishin enough to provide a quick victory, he might have been on the right track but he wasn't close enough.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  2. #812
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    If Minato appears above Bee, then IMO, there's nothing he could've done to save himself in that occasion.
    Eh, Bee reacted to Minato appearing behind him; I can't imagine him having no counter to Minato being above him.

    Quote Quote:
    And IMO, Sasuke put the amaterasu shield in anticipation to Raikage's attack, or Kishi screwed up with the reaction of the other characters watching their fight.
    Isn't that the point? That he reacted to Raikage's speed, anticipating an attack?

  3. #813
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    We are talking about the same guy who willingly gave up a hand to Amaterasu, and was going to sacrifice at least a leg as well. He thought he saw through Hiraishin enough to provide a quick victory, he might have been on the right track but he wasn't close enough.
    Minato deciding its safer to teleport to Bee its also someting to consider :P

  4. #814
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    We are talking about the same guy who willingly gave up a hand to Amaterasu, and was going to sacrifice at least a leg as well. He thought he saw through Hiraishin enough to provide a quick victory, he might have been on the right track but he wasn't close enough.
    Of course, the fight with Sasuke was a vengeance fight, and Sasuke himself has shown what vengeance can do to a ninja's better judgment...considering he had no particular reason to hate Minato, I doubt he was willing to go for a mutual death there, but of course, that's only my opinion.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #815
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Again, we can make assumptions either way. When Minato dodged it, it was his fastest punch. For all we know, when they fought later, Minato dodged an even faster punch of his.

    I suppose Bee could've been attempting an attack at Minato that just happened to strike him after he teleported on top of the Raikage, and just happened to knock the Raikage away from a strike. The main point I was making was that Minato's reaction to the Raikage's attack and his reaction to Bee's counter were different. Reacting to a head-on attack and a blindside attack are different. It's not necessarily really more impressive to counter a straight-on attack than a blindside one, even if the straight-on attack is faster.
    Either way, Minato is still one of the two people that managed to do so.

    If you actually believe that Bee can react to Minato teleporting to attack Raikage, it's not that farfetch to think that he was actually aiming Minato at the same time since the tentacle is thick enough to push both guy. Even if that's your point, it is still different for Sasuke since Raikage actually moved behind him while Bee was already behind Minato.

    ---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Depends if you belive that what Raikage showed vs Sasuke was his fastest posible type of movement. If that was (and i am damn sure it was) then Sasuke actualy showed better rection to it because he was able to follow him with his eyes (granted because of Sharingan but he could).
    Considering its only 2 steps and the fact that Minato noticed him from 1cm and Sasuke from way before Raikage was even close to him (even behind his back) and it things get balanced out.
    And when exactly did Sasuke followed Raikage when he was at his fastest?
    Not necessarily since Sasuke had extra time to react with those 2 steps(if it is actually two steps) and Raikage's chop wasn't necessarily done as fast as the punch.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #816
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Eh, Bee reacted to Minato appearing behind him; I can't imagine him having no counter to Minato being above him.


    Isn't that the point? That he reacted to Raikage's speed, anticipating an attack?
    Minato gave Bee time to react: he was talking to the Raikage,

    As for reacting: Sasuke had no idea from where Raikage was coming: he put an absolute defense because he couldn't react to the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #817
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Either way, Minato is still one of the two people that managed to do so.

    If you actually believe that Bee can react to Minato teleporting to attack Raikage, it's not that farfetch to think that he was actually aiming Minato at the same time since the tentacle is thick enough to push both guy. Even if that's your point, it is still different for Sasuke since Raikage actually moved behind him while Bee was already behind Minato.

    ---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------


    And when exactly did Sasuke followed Raikage when he was at his fastest?
    Not necessarily since Sasuke had extra time to react with those 2 steps(if it is actually two steps) and Raikage's chop wasn't necessarily done as fast as the punch.
    I posted the links back on the previous page or 2 pages back. He follow Raikage when Raikage moved so fast to create after images of himself and dodge amaterasu and then run to Sasuke's left and behind him. Its clearly vizibile.

  11. #818
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @bhasty




    You still don't get it lol. Sasuke can FOLLOW him with his eyes but NOT his body. Its the same as Minato. Sasuke's reaction times where good enough to replicate Minato's feat by using a instant jutsu, Amaterasu .
    1. No.. You should reread your link. sasuke seen raikage moving to the left right.? yes, he was looking in the left simply because raikage was moving at that side, but does it make sasuke that he followed raikage's speed,? no.. because when sasuke look in his left side raikage was already at his back. so basically, sasuke never followed raikage's speed at all..

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Sasuke followed him with his eyes before disapearing behind him.. Yes he can follow him but not move his body fast enough to do shit about it. Karin states if Sasuke can't follow his movement and not follow his movement with his eyes... Its the same thing as Sasuke vs Lee in part one..
    No.. sasuke just seen where raikage move. It was in the left, but the thing is, he can't follow where is raikage because when he was looking for raikage at the left raikage was already in his back.. see.? even a non sharingan user can see the same as sasuke on where raikage was moving.. And no.. it was different from part one. because sasuke can't really follow raikage's movement at all with his sharingan..

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Its not opinion its fact. You problem is that you can't comprehend it. Minato used a instant teleportation move to get away and he never MOVED HIS BODY under his own power out of the way. This shows that his reaction times are only good enough to move in direct correlation with Hirashin. Because of this his reaction times and body moving speed (not activating a jutsu) is the same as Sasuke's. So in other words ignoring Hirashim is just as good at reacting to Raikage as Sasuke..
    But the thing is, we never seen minato avoiding raikage's punch without his hiraishin. So it's not a fact that minato has the same reaction time and a body movement speed as sasuke.. Honestly, your arugments is a lil complicated.. because minato has a speed much faster than sasuke even without his hiraishin.. And sasuke was never done any reaction speed against raikage.. sasuke never activate his riblet + amaterasu because it was his reaction on raikage's speed but rather it was his counter on raikage's speed..

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @What Minato showed in the manga is his best up to the moment he shows better. Raikage never stated Minato is FASTER then him. You can't even comprehend Raikage's words. Those words have 2 posible meanings.
    1- That Minato was faster then him.
    2- That Minato was just as fast but now that Minato is dead he is the fastest dude in the world.

    You don't even have a clear reference to back your words with.
    No.. because the number 2 is not really an option.. because raikage will never forget that information to tell on naruto.. If it was really your interpretation then ok.. But for me, raikage never said that both he and minato has the same speed, but now minato is dead, he is now the fastest ninja alive. But rather he said that He's now the fastest ninja alive now that minato is dead..

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #819
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Either way, Minato is still one of the two people that managed to do so.
    Which I never debated against o.O

    Quote Quote:
    If you actually believe that Bee can react to Minato teleporting to attack Raikage, it's not that farfetch to think that he was actually aiming Minato at the same time since the tentacle is thick enough to push both guy.
    I'm not sure if you're implying that it's not believable that Bee reacted to Minato's teleportation, but considering that he did it again, I don't see how it's not believable.

    Quote Quote:
    Even if that's your point, it is still different for Sasuke since Raikage actually moved behind him while Bee was already behind Minato.
    We saw how close Sasuke was to the Raikage, right? And we saw how close the Raikage was to Minato, right? The distance that the Raikage moved to get to Minato is probably comparable to the distance he moved to get behind Sasuke, considering how close they were. Heck, it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to have traveled still less of a distance, since they were so close. It's sorta fuzzy when you're talking about speeds the likes of which these guys are showing, but he's damn close to Sasuke in the beginning, and he moves fast enough that Sasuke loses sight of him. I don't see how the reaction times aren't at least comparable, considering he moved in a straight line (so there's nowhere else for Minato to have to react to), and he started out farther from Minato than he did from Sasuke.

    Basically, yes, the two situations are different, but Minato's reaction doesn't shit on Sasuke's, considering how close the Raikage got to him, despite the distance they initially were from each other, and how quickly Sasuke coats Susanoo with Amaterasu after losing sight of the Raikage.

  14. #820
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Of course, the fight with Sasuke was a vengeance fight, and Sasuke himself has shown what vengeance can do to a ninja's better judgment...considering he had no particular reason to hate Minato, I doubt he was willing to go for a mutual death there, but of course, that's only my opinion.
    But Raikage is also showing himself to be rash with this as well. He may not have been thinking mutual strikedown, but his pop-goes-the-weasel counter to the jutsu that just embarrassingly outclassed him was not well thought out, imo. He was also likely hurting a little on the inside from seeing his top speed tossed aside.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  15. #821
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Minato gave Bee time to react: he was talking to the Raikage
    So Minato spoke on Bee's movements because he decided to move his arm while Minato was talking? This isn't impossible, but I can't imagine Minato making the comment he made based on that.

    Quote Quote:
    As for reacting: Sasuke had no idea from where Raikage was coming: he put an absolute defense because he couldn't react to the attack.
    The placing of the defense is the reaction...

  16. #822
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I posted the links back on the previous page or 2 pages back. He follow Raikage when Raikage moved so fast to create after images of himself and dodge amaterasu and then run to Sasuke's left and behind him. Its clearly vizibile.
    It can't be said that Sasuke followed Raikage since he lost sight of him. By the time he looked left too see where Raikage was going, Raikage was already behind him.

  17. #823
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    But Raikage is also showing himself to be rash with this as well. He may not have been thinking mutual strikedown, but his pop-goes-the-weasel counter to the jutsu that just embarrassingly outclassed him was not well thought out, imo. He was also likely hurting a little on the inside from seeing his top speed tossed aside.
    We know from his comment to Sasuke (as well as C's comment) that getting through the Raiton Armor is no easy feat. It's not rash to look at the situation and think "hey, I know everywhere he can come from, and since this time I know he can move to these places, I can counter." But OK, we get it. He's just butthurt that Minato-sama shat on him.


    Edit: For the reaction argument. Imagine that instead of covering Susanoo with Amaterasu, Sasuke has Hiraishin and instead uses Hiraishin. This is basically the argument that xXan is expressing. Sasuke did indeed show impressive reaction times, he just doesn't have Hiraishin. If instead of covering Susanoo with Amaterasu, he uses Hiraishin, what do you think happens to the Raikage?
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; August 07, 2011 at 09:20 AM.

  18. #824
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    I'm not sure if you're implying that it's not believable that Bee reacted to Minato's teleportation, but considering that he did it again, I don't see how it's not believable.


    We saw how close Sasuke was to the Raikage, right? And we saw how close the Raikage was to Minato, right? The distance that the Raikage moved to get to Minato is probably comparable to the distance he moved to get behind Sasuke, considering how close they were. Heck, it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to have traveled still less of a distance, since they were so close. It's sorta fuzzy when you're talking about speeds the likes of which these guys are showing, but he's damn close to Sasuke in the beginning, and he moves fast enough that Sasuke loses sight of him. I don't see how the reaction times aren't at least comparable, considering he moved in a straight line (so there's nowhere else for Minato to have to react to), and he started out farther from Minato than he did from Sasuke.

    Basically, yes, the two situations are different, but Minato's reaction doesn't shit on Sasuke's, considering how close the Raikage got to him, despite the distance they initially were from each other, and how quickly Sasuke coats Susanoo with Amaterasu after losing sight of the Raikage.
    To be honest, I was thinking it was partly due to Bee's reaction and anticipation skill that allowed him to prepare a defense. Considering the fact that Hiraishin is instantaneous(and this is instantaneous to the very meaning of it unlike Amateratsu), how is it possible for Bee to even move his arm that fast to grab his sword on his back and position it nicely?

    Raikage was initially that close to Minato due to Minato being unprepared. The next time when he already experienced Raikage's speed, he reacted even faster than he initially did. Like you said both situations are different and there's no implication that Raikage's chop is as fast as his fastest punch. Not to mention that Sasuke used part of the time where Raikage disappeared from sight to prepare his defense. If Raikage had charged straight in, Sasuke wouldn't even have that time.

  19. #825
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    We know from his comment to Sasuke (as well as C's comment) that getting through the Raiton Armor is no easy feat. It's not rash to look at the situation and think "hey, I know everywhere he can come from, and since this time I know he can move to these places, I can counter." But OK, we get it. He's just butthurt that Minato-sama shat on him.
    He just saw Minato leave and return before he even moved while at top speed/fastest attack. What was pop-goes-the-weasel jutsu counter going to accomplish?

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Thread Closed
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts