Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you describe your experience of the tournament?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb! I liked every part of the tournament. It was flawless.

5 8.77%
  • Good. I liked almost every part of the tournament.

22 38.60%
  • Above average. There were more positives than negatives.

16 28.07%
  • Below average. There were many bad moments although some good.

13 22.81%
  • Bad. The tournament sucked on every level, not much was good about it.

0 0%
  • Other (post reason)

1 1.75%
Thread Closed
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56

Thread: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    This may be difficult for you to understand, but the covering of Susanoo with Amaterasu was a reaction to the Raikage's speed. The very act of covering Susanoo was a reaction. The point was that Sasuke doesn't have Hiraishin. Therefore his reaction to the Raikage's speed wouldn't be the same as Minato's. It's not as if Minato instantly created a Rasengan and counterattacked the Raikage. His reaction was to use Hiraishin. Hiraishin's speed enabled him to perform a counterattack. His actual attack (the swinging of the kunai) was fast, but apparently not fast enough to cut the Raikage before Bee countered.
    Nahh.. honestly, your arguments was so easy for me to understand.. infact even my 12 years old brother can.. Infact i find your arguments a lil bit funny because you keep on believing to something that doesn't even true.. Sasuke never use his susanoo and amaterasu just because it was his reaction time. but it was just his counter to raikage;s speed that he can't really follow.. why.? because sasuke was just activating his shield just to counter and not on his reaction time.. and i think reaction time is different from just to counter..

When raikage use his raige bomb on sasuke, sasuke was already activated his riblet. is that what you called a reaction time.? or it was just a counter on raikage's technique.?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    To be honest, I was thinking it was partly due to Bee's reaction and anticipation skill that allowed him to prepare a defense. Considering the fact that Hiraishin is instantaneous(and this is instantaneous to the very meaning of it unlike Amateratsu), how is it possible for Bee to even move his arm that fast to grab his sword on his back and position it nicely?
    Considering the direction that the Raikage was coming from, and where Minato was located, it doesn't really make sense for Bee to have his initial counter unless he knew Minato had teleported. I think that Bee's reaction basically shows that while the action of Hiraishin itself is instantaneous, Minato's movements aren't. While Minato is fast on his own, he can be countered. Like I said earlier though, it's difficult to keep talking about combat at that speed, since it's not possible, lol. For all we know, Bee has some sort of prediction ability as well or something. If he was training with the Raikage, it would make sense for him to have adapted to high-speed combat.

Quote Quote:
    Raikage was initially that close to Minato due to Minato being unprepared. The next time when he already experienced Raikage's speed, he reacted even faster than he initially did. Like you said both situations are different and there's no implication that Raikage's chop is as fast as his fastest punch. Not to mention that Sasuke used part of the time where Raikage disappeared from sight to prepare his defense. If Raikage had charged straight in, Sasuke wouldn't even have that time.
    Eh, his reaction to the second attack wasn't worlds apart from his initial reaction. He expected the attack and knew his speed, so he used Hiraishin maybe a little earlier, but the Raikage was still pretty much on him. And again, he started out further from Minato than he did from Sasuke.

Also, the reaction point is that Sasuke reacted to the movement. Once the Raikage got out of his field of vision, he covered Susanoo with Amaterasu. If he had Hiraishin and kunai spread out, he would have used Hiraishin and moved to another kunai to counter him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    He just saw Minato leave and return before he even moved while at top speed/fastest attack. What was pop-goes-the-weasel jutsu counter going to accomplish?
    We didn't get to see that since Minato launched a cheap attack on Bee instead of attacking A ;-)

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Nahh.. honestly, your arguments was so easy for me to understand.. infact even my 12 years old brother can.. Infact i find your arguments a lil bit funny because you keep on believing to something that doesn't even true.. Sasuke never use his susanoo and amaterasu just because it was his reaction time. but it was just his counter to raikage;s speed that he can't really follow.. why.? because sasuke was just activating his shield just to counter and not on his reaction time.. and i think reaction time is different from just to counter..

When raikage use his raige bomb on sasuke, sasuke was already activated his riblet. is that what you called a reaction time.? or it was just a counter on raikage's technique.?
    A counter is a reaction...

You can have a reaction that isn't a counter, but I'm pretty sure you can't counter without reacting, lol

Edit: And come on man, I just expressed my love for you! You don't have to sound like a douche!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Nope. it was different.. minato seen raikage's punch and escape immediately.. while sasuke seen raikage just because of the sound, while raikage stop for attacking sasuke. and sasuke's riblet + amaterasu was already activated. And how come sasuke has an identical speed to minato in his fight against raikage.? Sasuke can't even do a thing. He was the same as a wondering genin who lost in the forest just to see where was raikage was going to hit him..

And how come sasuke showed an identical speed to minato in his fight against raikage whereas he never use his speed to escape on raikage's attack. He was just standing there while activating his shield to depend himself to an atttack that he can't see.. Sasuke was just waiting to raikage to punch him, it never concern him because he has a shield to protect himself. He activate his shield while he look like a fodder ninja while standing just to wait for his enemies attack.. is that what you called an identical speed to minato.? Well, it's your opinion anyway..
    Agreed. Sasuke can't move as fast as Minato or A. That's why he cloaks Susano'o in the black flames of Amaterasu. Since he can't keep up with A, he can at least defend himself if A were to attack him. Stated by Karin herself. A is insanely fast and Sasuke can't keep up with him.

Granted, he came up with a way to counter A, but it was a defensive counter. He didn't take A's mind into consideration. A was freakin' insane and attacked Sasuke anyway. Sasuke severely underestimated A and got his ass handed to him and would've died had Gaara not intervened. This is not opinion. It's manga fact.
    Last edited by DementedKirby; August 07, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Because Raikage traveled around Sasuke instead of straight at him? Shortest distance between two points is a straight line? Because situations are different then and what happened in the manga. And since when did we get that his reflexes are better than Minato's?

Sasuke was down on his knees a few moments after that and Mei's second attack did cover a larger area so Sasuke who was exhausted and weakened might not have been able to dodge it.
    But that's the key. You're speaking as if Sasuke acted the moment Ee began and just barely used Amaterasu. But Sasuke didn't act until Ee had already gotten behind him. He acted within an even smaller span of time then Ee running straight forward. The shortest distance, right? If Sasuke could react at that distance, then he should be able to do likewise when given more distance.

Sasuke was down due to Susanoo's effect, which wouldn't have been an issue had he not used Susanoo. Karin was in the same area of attack and she had no trouble dodging. So Sasuke who is faster and could see where it was coming wouldn't have had any trouble. And again, moments before Sasuke had no trouble dodging Mei's attack even through he couldn't see it. So for him to have trouble actually witnessing it, that makes no sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyesight isn't muscle movement or reaction. Eyesight is a sense that is as fast as light to every organism with an eyeball. You see something because light reflects off it and enters your eye. Sasuke looking at the bones inches from his face in order to ignite them in Amaterasu is not a feat of speed, agility, or reflexes. Just because he was able to ignite Susano'o in time doesn't mean he's literally faster than A. If he were faster, he would've done an offensive counter instead of a defensive counter. If Sasuke were as fast as claimed, why not whip out his katana, infuse it with lightning, and impale A when he was charging at him? Why not dodge A's attack altogether? Hell, why not just look at A in the eyes and get him in Tsukoyomi? Because he couldn't.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Eyesight isn't muscle movement or reaction. Eyesight is a sense that is as fast as light to every organism with an eyeball. You see something because light reflects off it and enters your eye. Sasuke looking at the bones inches from his face in order to ignite them in Amaterasu is not a feat of speed, agility, or reflexes. Just because he was able to ignite Susano'o in time doesn't mean he's literally faster than A. If he were faster, he would've done an offensive counter instead of a defensive counter. If Sasuke were as fast as claimed, why not whip out his katana, infuse it with lightning, and impale A when he was charging at him? Why not dodge A's attack altogether? Hell, why not just look at A in the eyes and get him in Tsukoyomi? Because he couldn't.
    Considering how Amaterasu works, it's pretty obvious he didn't just look at Susanoo and set it on fire. Amaterasu starts at one point and gradually spreads; Sasuke covered all of Susanoo at once. That was a counter to the Raikage's speed. I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. Because eyesight moves at the speed of light, it's not a counter? How fast do you think teleportation is? Does that make Hiraishin not a counter?

Also, is anyone saying that Sasuke is faster than A?

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for participating in the tournament and making it a great success in terms of post activity and debate. I'm glad that the poll reflects that the vast majority of the poll's voters thought the tournament was above average or better. If you want to continue the debates, please take it in respective threads in the Arena.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56