Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 343 Discussion/344 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 343 Discussion/344 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matariel View Post
    Y'see, most people regard hooking up as actually doing something beyond a single verbal exchange. It could be something like a favour, a date, sex, etc. Nothing major, but certainly nothing as minor as attempting to pick someone up and not getting anything out of it.
    It's fairly obvious that the scene did not end there.
    I think it's unreasonable to assume nothing more happened.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Nothing significant came out of it... if it had Oku woul have shown a little more. Seems it was there more just to show that whatever might have happened doesn't matter any more. The world just ended.

I got the impression that Katou was getting nowhere with Kishimoto anyway...

As for this chapter, pretty good I have to say. Tae's group obviously hit a trap... Didn't expect it to be the aliens (after all how the hell did they manage to dial a human phone with their gigantic fingers?) Pretty elaborate trap for just a game. Funny that civilians are doing a better job of tracking humans down than the military is. I'm surprised the soldiers aren't dead, however since they aren't they might be able to deter the aliens for a bit. The bullets are definitely enough to hurt the children at least. Seriously though why is it so easy for them to shoot the humans? They're fucking tiny, and they've just got those shitty harpoon bullets, and they're miles away... they've hit like everyone in the group except for the soldiers and that girl that shared her clothes with Tae (i.e. the potential main characters).

Kei2's group of civilians has hit a new low already. For one, even though it's been pointed out that they are obviously not in Tokyo, none of them want to believe that shit. "What? Shut up" is their basic response... fuck sake. Second, no one's even watching the children. Third, that is obviously the most ugly, diseased looking chicken ever. What the fuck are you doing touching it?

Anzu and Nerdo are in a bit of trouble... those humanoid things are definitely reminiscent of Nuri. Furthermore one of them looks like a shapeshifter, though he's definitely over-compensating for something. Couple of naked humans around so the thing goes and transforms into some malformed, larger-than-building-size behemoth. And those buildings are double the size of human buildings... holy shit. One thing I noticed on it was that it had four eyeballs, just like the giants... Looking as though they may be mutants, however they can shapeshift or something? Pretty sure the soldiers can't do that to themselves without technology... that said maybe it's a rare ability? Like the alien equivalent of psychics... would explain why so few of the soldiers are way bigger than others.

On the other hand though.... the smaller ones really don't look like the giants aside from the big one... I'm wondering if the massive thing dropped out of the sky rather than shapeshifted to that size. Hard to really say. You've probably noticed that the smaller aliens have these weird things imbedded in their heads... wonder if that's some sort of parasitic alien, controlling the corpses of others, perhaps? Lol I have no idea what's going on. There's plenty of interesting new enemies though. Pretty much outshines everyone elses stories already. Compared to Kei2/Tae's groups we've got Nishi/Takeshi pretty much out of harms way, Cherry running around the relatively bland alien mothership, essentially out of harms way due to his crazy powers, and then there's Kei1 chilling out with his stockholm syndrome afflicted hostage, and HS god knows where... it might actually be disappointing to switch to any of those characters while the rest are in some actual trouble.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the decoy was made of flesh...so it probably was an alien. If it was a human, why even use that mask on him?

I don't think some giant soldiers are bigger than the others, Oku just f**ks up with the proportions sometimes. For example, compare the size of the giants who attacked Tae with the proportions of the factory, too small IMO...the place should be bigger. With all this i'm not sure if the size of the weird giant is bigger than a normal giant (because he seemed bigger than the bulding) or Oku just messed up with the proportions again.

The first thing i thought about the aliens when i saw that thing on their heads was that fungus that infects bugs and grows up from the inside up. Could be somekind of alien lifeform that infects other beings and those weird looking guys were originally humans and that weird giant was before a normal giant? Damn...i don't know.

BTW I didn't like that the aliens were CGI...why not normal drawings Oku? It would have been so much better.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

There's a fungus that does that? Interesting.

About the proportions... yeah, Oku probably doesn't get it right all the time. But Blondie was definitely way bigger than usual.

I kind of liked the look of the aliens, even if they were cgi or whatever. I think it gave them a distinct look. That said drawings are definitely better as a general rule. Wouldn't want him to overuse it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Styx47ag's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH Gantz has been gay for a while. I'm gona drop it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

There's a fungus that does that? Interesting.

About the proportions... yeah, Oku probably doesn't get it right all the time. But Blondie was definitely way bigger than usual.

I kind of liked the look of the aliens, even if they were cgi or whatever. I think it gave them a distinct look. That said drawings are definitely better as a general rule. Wouldn't want him to overuse it.

If it is one of these parasitic fungi then I wonder how it will play into the story if it all.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Styx47ag View Post
    TBH Gantz has been gay for a while. I'm gona drop it.
    Okay.

@warbandit66: damn that's pretty interesting. That would be interesting if someone on the team contracted some sort of mind control parasite... imagine them eating some strange stuff when they get desperate for food, and one of them starts to be controlled at random, their own control switching on and off at times. Would be interesting to see how they'd try and work out what is triggering it, how to survive with it, etc. Something like that would be a bit too 'involved' for a sideplot at this point though...

I had no idea there were parasites capable of mind control.. it's fairly limited, but it's still really interesting... I wonder how it occurs. What goes on in the brain when the parasite takes over? The damn thing probably isn't even self-aware, so it's just reacting to visual(?) stimuli and in turn triggering an automatic response that happens to get the ants to move towards something that gets them to where they want to go. Haha, I don't know... How do ants even carry snail slime back to their nests? It'd be like carrying jelly..
    Last edited by Damura; July 07, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

That cult could be good aliens? But pretty much when their is a flock of minor human characters then they are going to be the test subjects to a slaughter/gore attack. The kids walking off proves that too which makes them safe-ish. The ship can compress space so who knows it could of had that thing in a tiny room then uncompressed it or something. If that sky wasn't like it was I would think they were on another planet which would be pretty cool. I don't like cgi aliens either because its hard to see them right, like lots of the non giant aliens in this arc you can't see them right and they look retarded when attacking lol. Some of the italy aliens were like that..

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking in something a little more like this since there is something that looks like a flower on their heads (or they could be helmets).

There are many posibilities. They could be survivors of a previous invasion that join to form their own version of a menacing creature (a four eyed giant), they could be another species from the giants home planet, hated by the dominant race and forced to live in such conditions.

Anyway, that giant at the last page might draw some attetion if he is bigger than a regular giant.

Am i the only one who found the chicken thing cute?
    Last edited by GAT-X252; July 07, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised to see it's civilians shooting them. They keep further cementing that the Giants all know how intelligent humans are, but apparently don't care. Not sure how Kei's hostage would be able to help find Tae like this, but at least her group has a better chance than if they were caught by soldiers.

Though with the way they're hunting survivors, the guns and traps, I can't tell if it's because they've been studying humans since long before Katastrophe, or if the Harvesting other species and having some escape situation is commonplace at this point.
    -

@:GAT-X252
    Yikes, think they're infected with something? I agree that they could be another harvested race, but I guess we can assume that whoever sent the Gantzers there were the same ones who wanted the Apartment bombed, so hard to hope that they'll find anything good waiting for them.
    Quote Quote:
    Am i the only one who found the chicken thing cute?
    Well those kids did, problem is survival chances most likely plummeted as a result.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@GATX2-52: Nice video. Interesting that the other ants are aware of the threat and quickly remove the afflicted ant from the area. I like how the fungus controls the insect, takes it to some ideal location and just has the ant sit there and die, while the fungus keeps on growing inside of it. Perfect idea for an alien.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

What I thought when I read this chapter.
    IT'S A TRAP!
    The meme was ringing in my head every time trap was said.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

... Seriously though why is it so easy for them to shoot the humans? They're fucking tiny, and they've just got those shitty harpoon bullets, and they're miles away... they've hit like everyone in the group except for the soldiers and that girl that shared her clothes with Tae (i.e. the potential main characters). ...
    Be more observant. The guns have screen-thingies on them, so I guess they have some auto-targeting system on-board that does the aiming. This is especially plausible considering the fact that 1) the aliens have very high-tech and 2) these guns are being used by children

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I thought it was just some sort of scope/zoom thing. Why would it even cross my mind that it's some full on auto-target system... even if it is it hasn't been that accurate... it barely managed to hit Tae.

Considering that the soldiers don't have anything like auto-aim, I doubt these kids do.
    Last edited by Damura; July 08, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else notice how these aliens turn their heads waaayy to often to get a better view of things? Look at the scene where the to kids are firing; one girl is slightly turning to the right to see what the other girl is doing. Come on, why?!? You have four eyes! Two on the side, you don't need to tilt your head to see whats on the side of you, lol! (end pointless observation)

Anyway, I disagree with York. I don't these aliens are hunting them cause their intelligent or whatever, it just seems like they're doing as a recreation, like fishing which is why the older guy is letting the kids try. Which is actually making the story kinda dull, I get it humans are just as bad for doing it to ants and stuff etc... stop beating the dead horse. If he wanted Tae captured he could of did it plenty of times. Those pages should of been used to advance this new development with these new ugly aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post

BTW I didn't like that the aliens were CGI...why not normal drawings Oku? It would have been so much better.
    This was done several times before in the manga. I know he used it a lot for scenery and I'm sure the statues where like that too. Probably some other things too.
    Last edited by Forever Rain; July 08, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast