Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger and Bunny

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiger and Bunny

TIGER & BUNNY

From ANN:

Quote Quote:
    Plot Summary:
    Schternbilt City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero.
    Sternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero.

Japanese Cast
    Quote Quote:
    Hiroaki Hirata as Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Wild Tiger

Go Inoue as Keith Goodman/Sky High
    Katsuhisa Houki as Ben Jackson
    Kenjiro Tsuda as Nathan Seymore/Fire Emblem
    Mariya Ise as Paolin Huan/Dragon Kid
    Masakazu Morita as Barnaby Brooks Jr.
    Minako Kotobuki as Karina Lyle/Blue Rose
    Nobuaki Fukuda as Albert Maverick
    Nobuhiko Okamoto as Ivan Kareine/Origami Cyclone
    Taiten Kusunoki as Antonio Lopez/Rock Bison
    Wataru Yokojima as Alexander Royz
    Yuko Kaida as Agnes Gevers

Japanese Staff
    Quote Quote:
    Director: Keiichi Satou
    Series Composition: Masafumi Nishida
    Script: Masafumi Nishida
    Music: Yoshihiro Ike
    Original Character Design: Masakazu Katsura
    Character Design:
    Kenji Hayama
    Masaki Yamada
    Art Director: Kinichi Okubo
    Mechanical design: Kenji Andou
    3D Director: Yoshikazu Kon
    Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
    Director of Photography: Yui Tanaka
    Executive producer:
    Jun Takei (Bandai Visual)
    Kenji Hamada (Bandai Visual)
    Masayuki Ozaki (Sunrise)
    Seiji Takeda (MBS)
    Producer:
    Chika Matsui (Bandai Visual)
    Hiro Maruyama (MBS)
    Kazuhiko Tamura (Sunrise)
    Art Setting:
    Hiroki Matsumoto
    Yohei Kodama
    Color design: Rumiko Nagai
    Design: Masami Ozone
    Editing: Hirofumi Okuda
    Sound Production Manager: Takuya Ono
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tiger and Bunny

reading summary after remind of ratman but i am not sure .... .

i will try after esp 1 it before i will decide to watch it

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ratman? Do you mean batman?

And the main reason why I’m going to give this anime a try is because studio Sunrise is behind this series. That was good enough reason for me to get interested in this anime. Hopefully, the first episode of this anime proves that putting my faith in Sunrise was the right choice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no no ,,, Ratman created by Sekihiko Inui , i just recent bought book from tokyopop manga ...

me too, about Sunrise because i am huge of fan Sunrise .. i hope it will more twist or interesting plot...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked what I saw. Nice comedic action series, with the potential to go more deeper and dramatic. The setting itself is interesting, commercialized Superheroes competing in a league. Cool characters designs and the action looked good too. The whole business vs. true hero-ism laying in the background may proof to create an amazing story. Or if not, it'll still be most likely fun action series.

Really looking forwards which direction this goes.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    no no ,,, Ratman created by Sekihiko Inui , i just recent bought book from tokyopop manga ...
    Ahhh. Thank you for answering my question! And interesting name for a manga.

Quote Quote:
    me too, about Sunrise because i am huge of fan Sunrise .. i hope it will more twist or interesting plot...
    Judging by the first episode, I’m expecting great things from this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I liked what I saw. Nice comedic action series, with the potential to go more deeper and dramatic.
    I totally agree with you. I think T & G has great potential to become more than just a regular action series, especially after seeing how some parts of Kaburagi T. Kotetsu’s personal life (he is one of the main characters in the series) were shown during episode 1.

Quote Quote:
    The whole business vs. true hero-ism laying in the background may proof to create an amazing story.
    A very interesting and a very good point, Ustegius.

After watching the first episode of “Tiger and Bunny” all I can say is that I’m totally sold on this series.

The first episode captivated me right from the start. My favorite character right now is Kaburagi T. Kotetsu. Maybe it is because I like his personality or maybe it is the fact that I have a bit of a soft spot for underdogs, whatever the reason, the fact is that I like him the most out of all the characters that were introduced during episode 1. Now, while Tiger is my fav character, I can’t deny that I like Barnaby Brooks (Bunny) as well. Especially after realizing that Bunny’s seiyuu is the same one that lends his voice to Ichigo in Bleach.

I’m looking forward to the interactions between these two characters and the way they will influence each other's lives.

Btw, the ending is so cool
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 04, 2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

on based Sunrise and TB company ... it will great anime in this spring 2011... Sunrise is best for plot and anime art... T&B is great drama....
    i love it after watch it ... that is humor.... after esp ,,, i feel to buy pespi from Frozen girl.... Damn Logo got me hook ... so many brands in one esp ... that is lot of Ads ...

i got remind from Justice League ... i miss them but Tiger and Bunny will fill of my need ...

back to topic,,,,
    i want to know about Tiger 's wife... since Tiger 's mom take care his daughter because his job is secret ...
    Last edited by raptor02_2001; April 05, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the vibe his wife is dead, but there isn't really any basis on it... Just a guess. However, how old is his daughter? I don't now exactly remember how she looked like, 10 maybe? So, in the data card he read out loud there was a mention of sorts that he made his debut decade ago or something. Maybe there is some backstory that his wife death and newborn daughter somehow led him into the hero business etc. I know, it's on ly a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    A very interesting and a very good point, Ustegius.
    Though, I wonder how much sponsors actually limit what they can do. Afterall, it is business and Sunrise can't really put those brands in bad light.

Oh yeah, and I bought Pepsi today instead of Coca Cola. I'm brainwashed

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Manga Database 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tethysdust's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this show seems to be a lot more interesting than I would have thought from the blurb. It seems almost like the Incredibles, but where the superheroes are (kind of) respected.

I think the first episode introduced the characters remarkably well, and even got me to like most of them (not a common occurrence in anime for me these days!). I think this might end up being my favorite show of the Spring anime season.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to find out if this show is going to go all out with "hero game show comedy" aspect or go in a more dramatic "being a real hero vs being a hero for the glory" direction.

I kinda just assumed it was going to be a straight up hero spoof at first, but by the end of the episode Kotetsu was coming across as a much deeper character than that. The whole single father trying to be a hero thing really pulls me in.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    i feel to buy pespi from Frozen girl.... Damn Logo got me hook ...
    Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who felt like that.

Quote Quote:
    i want to know about Tiger 's wife... since Tiger 's mom take care his daughter because his job is secret ...
    It hasn’t been confirmed yet, but I think Tiger’s wife is dead. If that theory is correct, I wonder how she died…

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I got the vibe his wife is dead, but there isn't really any basis on it... Just a guess.
    I agree with your guess.

Quote Quote:
    However, how old is his daughter? I don't now exactly remember how she looked like, 10 maybe?
    I tried to look for info about his daughter, but I couldn’t find anything. However, I do think she is younger than 10.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe there is some backstory that his wife death and newborn daughter somehow led him into the hero business etc. I know, it's on ly a guess.
    I like that theory. I have also been playing around with the theory that it was the frustration of not being able to save his wife that made him decide go into the hero business…or maybe it was not being able to save his wife that awoke his super hero powers…

Quote Quote:
    Though, I wonder how much sponsors actually limit what they can do. Afterall, it is business and Sunrise can't really put those brands in bad light.
    All this real life advertising reminds me of Code Geass and Pizza Hut…just like with Code Geass we’ll be seeing a lot of Pepsi, SoftBank, Bandai, Ustream.tv. and many other companies' logos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    but by the end of the episode Kotetsu was coming across as a much deeper character than that. The whole single father trying to be a hero thing really pulls me in.
    I completely agree with you. It is also interesting because he isn’t your typical hero or male lead. He is not very young, not what you would call a bishonen, he is a single father and he is trying to do his best at his job (as a super hero) while still defending his ideals and values.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 06, 2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the art and style. Not sure what to make of it yet thought. Will watch the second ep. This might be a keeper.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But I trust Sunrise since they are best anime of my choice ... I am huge fan anyway

I wonder Heroes was there mean Villains will appear in next esp since Heroes have so many power to use stop weak crimes ... since Huge Man was there in Bridge .. I think Villains will get support from Business ? or what ... or Anti-Heroes ... ( for me, I want to see Badass Villains )

did you notice some of remembrance ironman ?

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have high expectations of this one but the opening episode was really good. It is better than I thought it would be. I liked the immediate action which was mainly used for our heroes' introductions. It gives you the I-want-to-watch-this adrenaline which some good anime sadly lack. The premise with evolved humans is an interesting concept to build your story upon. It is very cool to center the story around some superhero who was to do whatever he can to stay in a line of business wherein a younger generation has a more important role. He has to work with a young potential

What still has to convince me is the visuals in which the CG animation is integrated. I have never been a favourite of different animation styles in these series like they also did in macross frontier and others. It mostly turns me down but somehow this was done better and it didn't feel out of place. I am sure it is a matter of adaptation.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

26. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    What still has to convince me is the visuals in which the CG animation is integrated. I have never been a favourite of different animation styles in these series like they also did in macross frontier and others. It mostly turns me down but somehow this was done better and it didn't feel out of place. I am sure it is a matter of adaptation.
    I know what you mean. The CG is pretty noticeable.

I'm no expert on CG but it's seems like the CG animation so far has been animated at too low a frame rate(which is probably a budget thing) and that they didn't quite get the cell shading right(which is generally what allows CG to not to look out of place alongside regular animation.).
    Last edited by Jammin; April 08, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast