Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Preview: Fall 2011

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime Preview: Fall 2011

Anime list for this coming fall
    Credit: Neregagte> http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v2.jpg
    Chart v3
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-822-109.html
    Spoiler show

Note: Please keep this thread spoiler-free or use spoiler-tags for those who haven't read the manga.
    Last edited by Animeace; August 01, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anime Preview: Fall 2011

Whoa, the final part of SnS??? Sounds great. Will definitely watch it. Although from what I've heard the ending is a huge tear-jerker. ;_;

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah.. Somehow only Fate/Zero piques my interest... (since I watched Fate/Stay Night and I love Saber. :P)
    As for the OVAs.. Hakuouki Hekketsu-Roku! I'm eager to watch it!! >.<

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or are there a lot of sci-fi anime out next season? Not that I mind of course.

Fate/Zero: Something about the "Holy Grail War" interests me a lot. The protagonist reminds me of Samus. :3

Even though I don't know what it's about, Un-Go seems fascinating judging from the photo of food. I want to watch Lupin III too- only if it has a finite number of episodes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Whoa, the final part of SnS??? Sounds great. Will definitely watch it. Although from what I've heard the ending is a huge tear-jerker. ;_;
    What ending? The light novel hasn't ended yet

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@yuki: I knew you would root for Hakuoki. XD Which reminds me that I haven't been able to touch that anime at all. =___=

For me, I'm looking forward to P4! Since I can't play the game (somehow because I suddenly lose all motivation to play my PS2 and because my PS2 is on the hands of my cousin who is a gamer maniac), I decided to wait for the anime instead. It looks pretty awesome, from what I saw from the trailer. Shoji-kun is so cool~

Some other titles are not as interesting as P4 for me, like Un-Go or Coppelion, so I'll just wait later for more reviews on it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I defiently can't wait for Mirai Nikki/Future Diary;s anime. I first got into the manga from a fake anime trailer a few years ago, so seeing it animated after all this time is like a dream come true. Especially since the manga's done, and the anime writers have plenty of material to work with. I just hope it;s longer than 26 episodes, though I guess a multi season format would be more likely in that case. Either way I just hope the whole thing is covered since with Tokyopop;s downfall, the rest of the manga will likely never make it to the states.

Also looking forward to:

Persona 4- Loved the game(replaying now actually) and the characters and story are great so it should make for a fun anime

Gundam AGE- Truth be told I;ve never managed to get all the way through a Gundam series, seeing as I never really sit down and marathon through them, so this will probably be my first time doing so. I hear it;s marketed towards a slightly younger audience than usual, but I know from experience that kids' shows aren;t automatically bad

Bakuman Season 2- Love the manga, liked the first season, so I;m up for more of it being covered

Fate/Zero- I still haven;t finished Fate Stay Night entierly yet, but I like what I've seen of it, and expanding on that world sounds cool.

Shakugan no Shana Final Season- Still need to watch season 2, but i like the series so far, so more of it is a plus.

Obviously there will be plenty more shows added to the lineup before the season arrives, so hopefully this won;t be all I have to look forward to, though Future Diary and Persona 4 will probably hold me regardless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    What ending? The light novel hasn't ended yet
    Really?? I heard it already ended back in Japan. And besides, it IS the final season.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it hasn't ended yet. The anime will probably coincide with the ending, but for now it hasn't ended yet. The newest novel was vol. 21 released on november 2010 and in that novel, the fight between Shana and Snake of the Festival isn't over yet. There are rumors that it will end on 22 or 23
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; July 08, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Killermachine252's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Damnnnn, Shakugan no Shana is ending...... Noooooo!!!!! Well actually, I have mixed feelings on this one. If the anime does finish, but the light novels do not, I would be very disappointed as the anime would give an ending that will probably be different from the light novels when they do end. But if it does follow the light novels all the way until the end, then I will be happy to see another great series come to an end I gotta re-watch all the episodes to refresh my memory on what happened so far

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, this new anime line-up seems a lot more appealing than last seasons.

Fate/Zero: Fate/stay night is still currently my favourite anime at the moment so I'm definitely looking forward to watching this and seeing more Saber. I wish they would do a sequel to the original though this is more than enough for now. Anyone that hasn't seen FSN yet, I would definitely recommend it.

Guilty Crown: After reading that brief description and watching a trailer, I think this is the anime to watch out for this season. It has an interesting plot, impressive animation and what seems like quite a bit of action. Reminds me of Code Geass actually (albeit with a darker atmosphere), which is always a good indication.

C3: "fully naked female thief..." Sounds...innovative

Tamayura ~Hitotose~: There's something about the preview picture and description that feels nostalgic to me. Seems like a good slice-of-life anime, might check it out if my studies don't get the best of me.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Another anime set in some post-apocalyptic future era with mecha and characters with high-tech weapons. Needs a strong plotline to keep afloat as a newbie entering an already widely exploited genre, especially since it faces competition from the likes of Guilty Crown which just feels so much more appealing right now.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been looking forward to final season of Shana forever really hope hope it has a happy ending. Besides that probably will check out Fate zero, and Mirai nikki. Guilty crow also looks interesting
    Last edited by Animeace; July 14, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely looking forward to Persona 4 anime especially since the game composer is in charge of the music. There is one mistake though - the name of the main character is not Seta Souji (only in the manga), it's Yu Narukami. I wonder what personality will they give him? From what I've read, many people think he seems cocky.

Here are two PVs of the anime (spoiler?). Too bad the rest were shut down. :/ Never mind, here is a playlist

Spoiler show

Fate/Zero looks good as well. Hopefully it will be better than Fate/stay night one.
    Last edited by riki; July 17, 2011 at 12:58 PM.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    There is one mistake though - the name of the main character is not Seta Souji (only in the manga), it's Yu Narukami. I wonder what personality will they give him? From what I've read, many people think he seems cocky.
    Oh, really? But they share the same physical appearance, it seems? That would be... strange. I mean, wouldn't it be kind of dangerous if they made the lead character different from the game? I've only played P4 for a while on PS2, but the lead character looks like someone shy and silent. XD

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's the same person but in the game, you name the main character and put your personality into him since he's supposed to be you. I guess they have decided to name the MC Yu Narukami instead of just giving him the name the manga-ka gave him.

The reason some people think he's cocky because there was a poster with all of the main character (P3, Trinity Soul, and P4); he was sitting on a chair and looking smug.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast