Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bishokukai thread

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Bishokukai thread

Every discussion about the bishokukai can be done over here.

To start a discussion: Do you think that the Bishoku kai is bigger than we think they are? They are opposing the IGO and we all know how huge the IGO is. I think that the bishoku kai has also secrets like the IGO has/had with biotope 0. The boss lives in gourmet world and wouldn't it be possible that he has a stronger group residing over there? Tommyrod was a high seeded member but he was defeated, so stronger members aren't an exception in these stories
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keino's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bishokukai thread

Ohhh nice discussion starter
    1- Well I do think they are large but not as large as IGO. Even though we haven't seen much of this I think there might be underlings who do the biding of the head chefs.
    2- It is plausible that they have secrets. Maybe they have thier own Biotope who knows but I'm sure they have secrets.
    3- I think this is true. I'm pretty sure they have their own group in the GW. Plus the ppl of the 0th Biotope aren't allied with the IGO, so its highly plausible a couple are aligned with the Bushokukai, though they members were recommended by the President.
    But I think there will be stronger guys just to make the story juicer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Every discussion about the bishokukai can be done over here.

To start a discussion: Do you think that the Bishoku kai is bigger than we think they are? They are opposing the IGO and we all know how huge the IGO is. I think that the bishoku kai has also secrets like the IGO has/had with biotope 0. The boss lives in gourmet world and wouldn't it be possible that he has a stronger group residing over there? Tommyrod was a high seeded member but he was defeated, so stronger members aren't an exception in these stories
    Yes, Tommy was defeated, but look it's difficult for him to become stronger. He will eat delicious food, raise his level, and find new ferocious insects in the Gourmet World.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's not like their growth should be completely static. Although I do think that the next time Toriko meets Tommyrod, it'll be a stomp in Toriko's favor to show how much faster he's progressed. Either that, or he doesn't even fight Tommyrod and another Heavenly King does instead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the first thing we have to remember is that Toriko was the one who lost the battle amongst the two. However, I must agree that they are a little outnumbered when it comes to the good vs the bad. I mean Alfaro the Garcon, felt inferior to Setsuno and even if she is amongst the top five that is a great give away of the two groups strength.

We also don't know how big the gap is between Tommyrod to Grinpatch to Stajyun and then finally Kuromado, then there's also Limon the Sommelier. I still think that Jerry Boy and the rest of them will be of great challenge to the heroes.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I read something about sommeliers and being a manga fan I am, immediately thought of Bishokukai sommelier Limon. Why haven't we seen him yet? We've already seen all the other guys from Human World said by Alfaro to be able to enter GW, plus bunch of other members from HW, plus bunch of members in the GW, even Boss. There were theories before that Limon is actually a woman and there were no women in Bishokukai. Now there is Chiyo so that theory doesn't sound that interesting. So what is the reason for Limon's secrecy when he is apparently prominent Bishokukai member?

Idea came to mind: what if Limon is actually someone we know from IGO and is a double agent under a different name. With recent happenings in 0th Biotope and revelation that there is a mole in IGO that would make perfect sense and would make for a very interesting twist.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Well it's not like their growth should be completely static. Although I do think that the next time Toriko meets Tommyrod, it'll be a stomp in Toriko's favor to show how much faster he's progressed. Either that, or he doesn't even fight Tommyrod and another Heavenly King does instead.
    I really don't want to see a rematch... I'd like to see Toriko/Stajyuun instead
    On other hands, Tommyrod would've been fucked if he ever faced Coco or Zebra instead, one is a poisonous guy would render his insects useless, the other one attacks at the freakin speed of the sound

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I really don't want to see a rematch... I'd like to see Toriko/Stajyuun instead
    On other hands, Tommyrod would've been fucked if he ever faced Coco or Zebra instead, one is a poisonous guy would render his insects useless, the other one attacks at the freakin speed of the sound
    He would probably do well against Sani, since Sani would probably be grossed out by all the ugly insects.

Since a group of the Bishokukai are now confronting the Heavenly Kings and perhaps Mansam and Rin or whatever her name is, what do you think the match-ups willl be?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think there would be fights between:
    1. Toriko and Staajun
    2. Sani and Tommy.
    3. Zebra and Grinpatch (their attacks would be an interesting match to see).

Apart from this...
    Setsuno vs Chiyo (that seems to be a given).
    I don't really know about other match-ups, but it seems that Limon is a girl, so it might be interesting to see Rin fight her.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, I think there would be fights between:
    1. Toriko and Staajun
    2. Sani and Tommy.
    3. Zebra and Grinpatch (their attacks would be an interesting match to see).

Apart from this...
    Setsuno vs Chiyo (that seems to be a given).
    I don't really know about other match-ups, but it seems that Limon is a girl, so it might be interesting to see Rin fight her.
    yep i think same... as for limon( girl) , her matchup would be perfect with "the gentleman of the 4 kings" coco...seems like only he would be able to give some interesting fight against a girl...also among the 4 heavenly kings he seems to be the most popular one among the girls... the fight would be "the gentleman coco" vs "the lady limon" ...lol im curious to see how does he handle a fight against a girl...

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kraidazen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there's one thing bothering me though: are they utterly devoted to midora to a point that they themselves don't want GOD for that matter ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kraidazen View Post
    there's one thing bothering me though: are they utterly devoted to midora to a point that they themselves don't want GOD for that matter ?
    its not about devotion...not everyone in the bishokukais aim for god...they follow midora coz he is too strong as a leader and fighter...being with him they were able to conquer gourmet world environment... they got this strong and they will get much stronger...on top of that they will eat many ingredients which world doesnt even know about... even if they dont eat God still there are lots of other possibilities for them with midora...they want to dominate the world by capturing God...this was stated before..

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think the bishokukai need so many chefs for? Are they trying to cook one big ingredient, or do they want to produce some really good chefs from the many, or is it just to fulfill their boss' appetite or do they just want to increase their power? I've looked into it, and it appears as though they have some kind of purpose, there is some reason that they need chefs so badly, and they are trying to acquire as many chefs of as high a skill as possible for that specific purpose, probably because one or more of acacia's ingredients require a tremendous amount of cooking, though it might just be that they feel they have too few, which is not impossible considering the mammoth number of chefs the igo has access to, of which just a tiny sliver was shown when they needed to cook that medicinal mochi to cure people of the green rain.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Acquiring Acacia's full course isn't just a battle. It's also a race. And in a race, the more entries you have, the bigger the chance of winning.
    And I think they're also after the chefs that have food luck. I think that's what Bishokukai lacks the most. Even Star who is a high ranked chef of the Bishokukai doesn't have it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Acquiring Acacia's full course isn't just a battle. It's also a race. And in a race, the more entries you have, the bigger the chance of winning.
    And I think they're also after the chefs that have food luck. I think that's what Bishokukai lacks the most. Even Star who is a high ranked chef of the Bishokukai doesn't have it.
    Yes, that's true, food luck seems to be a rare and valued skill, but don't you think they are sacrificing a lot of resources in order to gain chefs? They could be pouring some of that into acquiring ingredients, claiming lands that can create ingredients, saisaya, acquiring new fighters etc... It seems very deliberate and pre-planned that they are sacrificing absolutely everything for the sake of chefs and chefs alone, to the point where they are becoming imbalanced in that one arena.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c159/16.html

If you look at their chefs they appear to be hard at work with something, with food luck they would probably be out in the field gathering some ingredient or something, but they seem to be working half to death constantly doing something or another. I suspect that they need a TON of chefs of the best skill possible for some specific purpose that they are carrying out right now behind the scenes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast