Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

Chapter is out on mangareader.net, discuss!

(Personally I'm still waiting for sally's translation, since I much prefer her's.)
    Last edited by earthforge; July 06, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/26 Direct link for anyone who cares.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by sakura_fai; July 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chiyuuka's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yay chapter 26 is out! ^^

does it come out weekly? I just started reading so im not sure...

anyway, it was kinda obvious that shiemi and the other retards from the class (exluding Shima cuz heez awesome) were gonna come and be

like 'Oh my god, i totally trust you (even though ive been crying everytime i see u)' and then get all smothery and hug Rin. Yeah, that chapter wasn't particularly fulfilling.

and i get the feeling Yukio might know something about Mephisto, cuz he DOESNT seem like the kinda guy who would abandon his family, contrary to what others think.

also, i think JAC scans needs another editor or QC or something cuz the grammar was kinda fail in places.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ANE is a monthly.
    i totally agree with you earth! i like sally's(new nickname) translations a lot better!!!!it was kinda(really hard) to follow what the hell the characters were saying through out most of the chapter. but thanks to the group who did it anyway!!!i also agree with you chi (oh and welcome to the amazing world that is ANE) this chapter was a bit predictable but still good anyway because it also gave us some info on other subjects such as what mephisto is scheming. and we also get the idea of what thin ice rin is walking on.i'm not really sure what yukio was thinking when he just agreed to do what mephisto said after just hearing that his brother was going to die. it was completely out of character and shura even noticed that.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh fu- candy, you just made me scared that Yukio might have turned. But that doesn't fit his recent actions.

Yukio's probably stalking off to release his frustrations on an unsuspecting tree. He knows he can't do a damn thing to protect Rin.

Or maybe Yukio is also creating a situation where he can worm his way into Toudou's confidence. By disappearing at the moment Rin will be executed, he could be construed as abandoning the Order and falling into despair. Now, I don't think Yukio will really do this, but I think he's devising a situation so that Toudou would try to use him. That way Yukio can get information and outweasel Toudou.

I don't trust the wording in this translation, it's too... meh. It isn't JAC, btw - just some rogue group.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Fist of all let me get this over and done with; YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Enough celebrating now.

I literally Loled at Mephisto's entrance and Shura's indifference best part is 'the great me', his ego and yet i still love him xD helping in his own akward funny way her really is a mysterious guy, i dont know if this is brotherly concern for Rin or just the fact he still needs Rin :/

I liked the cheesy part, every shonen requires some emotional cheesy friendship or love or whatnot part to have the glass completely full ^^

Yukio is a stiffler for rules we all know that, even i dont like what he did but he was definetely torn inside it could be seen, still not an excuse but lets have some faith in him for now and see what he's up to, he might have had confidence in the class coming for him so he went away so he wouldnt need to report the incident he had nt seen ^.-

I kinda feel sorry for mamushi, shes done something bad but its not like that was her intention and she did come back to help and ask for forgiveness, I hope Bon gets his father son moment, i think the author would let his father die then he'd have something in common with Rin who would help him or let him live and Rin would push him to tell him 'save yo daddy like i couldnt do!'

"she' a girl toudu," lol yes be more gentle for a minute though i thought he was saying that of course shes an idiot since shes a girl

Shima's reaction was priceless but he's cool and Sheimi OMG she knew the answer see I knew she wouldnt always be the damsel in distress she needs some respect and admiration for this xD but really yes shes weak but she tries which is cool for someone who thinks im so useless ^^ anyway dawww for that scene x] I cant wait for some Rin action though goooo Rin!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pumpkin_so77's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangareader.net is missing a page (between pg 17 to 18)
    Anyone else think that the "invisible ponchos" sound similar to the invisibility cloak in Harry potter? (I kinda think the plot development is similar in some ways :S...)
    Anyway it's nice to hear that Rin made up with his friends, and that Rin broke through the "strongest prison" - not so strong are you now huh??
    G.//

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    I liked the cheesy part, every shonen requires some emotional cheesy friendship or love or whatnot part to have the glass completely full ^^

Yukio is a stiffler for rules we all know that, even i dont like what he did but he was definetely torn inside it could be seen, still not an excuse but lets have some faith in him for now and see what he's up to, he might have had confidence in the class coming for him so he went away so he wouldnt need to report the incident he had nt seen ^.-
    You have a point there RaveDragon. But having the classmates save him is ...a pretty risky bet. I'm shocked that he didn't say anything. Word of reassurance, angry look, nothing...but then again, he's the smart one, so he probably has a plan? or so I hope.

XD Despite the chapter being predictable, if Rin died or didn't get help breaking out, we would have no more series....perhaps. and like pumpkin_so77 said, the panchos...were kinda random, but otherwise, i don't see much resemblance to Harry Potter...

Oh, and in my opinon: Mephisto still has a use for Rin, or doesn't want Rin dead because he's an important chess piece saved for later.

Any anyone else see Mamushi and Juuzou getting together later? And I doubt the mangaka will kill off two fatherly characters so quickly in less than 30 chapters...
    Last edited by sakura_fai; July 07, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to be ungrateful, but the kind soul who translated this is not very fluent in English imho and it was really hard to understand. So I'm waiting for saladesu/sally's translation and the missing page

I don't believe Yukio abandoned Rin... he never did. Shura noticed he took a huge blow, but I can't tell if he was in shock and felt lost or he's planning something. After all he's both the mentally weaker and more intelligent of the two.

I don't think Mephisto is evil - he has just saved Rin, didn't he? He couldn't do it openly because he'd be next to be executed. And now he wants to see Rin fighting a boss. I think it means he believes Rin can do it and will soon have stronger opponents that the Impure King. And he may help if he's needed.

So Bon didn't talk to Rin because of, well, I'm not sure what since I couldn't understand the translation, but it sure was a surprise. He was mean to Rin, simple as that. And so were others. So I agree with Chiyuuka, it wasn't very fulfilling.

earthforge , do you remember our discussion about what would make Rin regain his self-confidence? It were cliches like "your friends believe you" and "I don't want anyone I know suffer because of me" and I even joked about Shiemi's love pulling him out of depression. Heh. Kazue is really good at making cliches work well. I loved Rin and Shiemi's conversation in the prison! (and I believe it's going to be even better in sally's translation)

Anyone else got a hunch Tatsuma may still be alive? That picture of Tatsuma's hand on the last page and the way everyone talk about him - they may actually save him.

Edit
    Quote Quote:
    Any anyone else see Mamushi and Juuzou getting together later?
    Those hints were, like, very heavy.
    Last edited by Kryanka; July 07, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Defade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting mangareader translation. Some parts felt like they came from google. The missing page goes something like this:

Shiemi: Le..

Shiemi: Let's all save Rin together!

Shima: ...well, you see, I'd love to save him, but....
    Shiemi: ...!
    Shima: We'll be making enemies out of the Vatican like this

Shiemi: B-
    But if we couldn't meet Rin anymore
    I'm sure everyone will regret it...!

I agree, Suguro's reasoning for being pissed off at Rin was a bit of a stretch for me. It was a 'I thought of you as a companion but you didn't' thing, in reference to Rin bearing all burdens upon himself. Honestly though, I don't see that as the root of the problem, judging from Suguro's behavior towards Rin after Rin's heritage was revealed. If you really think that Rin was being too hard on himself and not letting his friends share his burdens...why not reach out to him first? :/ If it takes a death threat hanging over your friend's head to get you to make up with him, it just feels a bit...eeh.

Otherwise though, this chapter was great! Rin's monologue within the prison made me want to break the barriers of 2D/3D and give him a hug. The build up towards the battle with the Impure King also got me pretty excited, but of course, being the biased person I am, I'm only looking out for when Rin joins the fray.

I'm almost tempted to say that Mephisto planned the entire revival of the Impure King just because he wanted to demonstrate to the Vatican how powerful Rin really is, thus silencing a lot of the voices calling for Rin's execution.

EDIT: lol, might as well translate that small segment about Rin and Shiemi. It was really heartwarming in the raw.

pg24

Rin: Where the hell am I...

Rin: ...I can't...
    Afford to die in a place like this!

pg25

Rin: Hah
    Hah
    I can't afford to die...

Rin: Really...?
    (Either hand yourself to the order to be killed...
    Or wait, there's also the choice of suicide)

(Just die....!)
    Rin: I was saved, and I didn't want that to be in vain....That's what I've always thought

Rin: But actually
    Am I...
    ("If I draw this sword again, I..."
    "I can't tell if I'll really hurt someone this time...")

Rin: Suppose to die, after all...?

pg26

Rin: Am I just going to die without having done anything useful...?

Rin: I wasn't able to make up with everyone in the end...

Rin: Just why was I saved...
    Rin: ...geezer, why did you...

Rin: Tell me...!!

Shiemi: Rin...!

p27

Rin: Shiemi....

Shiemi: Rin
    We've come to save you!

Shiemi: We've heard everything from Kirigakure-sensei
    We'll save you so you can join the battle!
    Let's hurry up and get out!

Rin: Stay away!
    Shiemi: !

Shiemi: What's wrong...?
    Rin: I...

p28
    Rin: I don't think I can master my flames
    Shiemi: Huh...?
    Rin: Till now, I've been getting by with just determination
    But it seems like that won't do anymore

Rin: Maybe it'll be better if I just die here

Shiemi: Wha...

p29
    Shiemi: What are you...
    Don't...don't say that again!!

Rin: ...you don't get it
    And you don't need to

Shiemi: Stop!!
    Stop pushing me away like that with a smile!
    I...I want to help you, Rin...!

Rin: Just scram!
    I'm a monster!

p30
    Shiemi: Kyah...

Rin: I
    I'm like this...

Shiemi: I...I'm such a fool

Shiemi: Thinking about myself all the time
    I never even looked at Rin properly...

Shiemi: What kind of friend am I...!

p31.

Shiemi: Rin, I'm sorry

Rin: Y...you idiot
    That's dangerous....
    Shiemi: I"ll be fine

p32.
    Shiemi: See!
    I'm not burnt at all, not one bit!
    Because Rin made it so

Shiemi: So it'll be fine!

Rin: A-
    Aaaare you not afraid of me!?

Shiemi: Not at all

Rin: R-really...
    Shiemi: Yup!
    Last edited by Defade; July 08, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

13. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the translation, Defade! And since you translated so much, could you also do this bit where Bon explains his problem with Rin, please?

I liked Shima since he was the first of the Kyoto trio to make up with Rin, but now he disappointed me a bit. Oh, and this part where Rin thinks "I didn't do anything" - I though he was talking about dying as a kid who didn't do anything bad yet. It was so sad when Rin was asking himself why his father died for him - because 1)soon after that he got himself sentenced to death and 2)he was not worth it anyway. Poor guy... Shiemi - looks like she finally got her head healed.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Kryanka, Shima's behavior in this chapter disappointed me a bit. I didn't think he'd express so much aversion to saving Rin just because they'll be defying Vatican's orders when Koneko and even Bon didn't hesitate a bit.

p33.
    Rin: Uooooooooo!!!
    Shima: Woah, Okumura-kun?!

Rin: !!
    You all came to save me!?

Koneko: I-I can't have you dying on me now, Okumura-kun
    Rin: !

p34.

Koneko: Because I'll have to make up with you
    Once I've found out that you're not dangerous

Rin: Konekomaru...!!

Izumo: I'll say this first, but I'm just following Kirigakure-sensei's orders!
    Shima: Ah
    Me?
    I came against my better judgment, so praise me!

Rin: E...everyone, thanks anyways!

Rin: Gyah!?

p35.
    Rin: Su...Suguro...!
    Suguro: ...I wasn't very calm regarding my dad...

Suguro: You're right
    About my dad!
    You're gonna need this if you fight, right? Take it!

Rin: I
    I'm sorry, too! For punching you...

Suguro: I'll take ya to Kongoushinzan
    After that, it's up to you
    I'll fight on my own terms
    Rin: ...!!

Rin: Suguro
    Please believe in me

p36.
    Rin: I can't really do anything about the fact that I'm Satan's kid
    But I'll definitely master my flames
    So please believe in me!!

Bon: I don't give a damn about that!!
    Rin: !?
    Bon: ...what I can't forgive you for
    Is how you always bear those things by yourself...

Bon: Since you were the one who first started treating us like damned strangers..!!
    Rin: !

Bon: How the hell am I supposed to believe in a chap like that

p37.
    Bon: Was I just assuming things when I thought of you as a comrade?!!

Rin: N-
    No!! I didn't mean it like that...
    Shima: More like, that's the only reason!?
    That's why you were mad...!?

p38.
    Rin: Suguro...
    Shima: Man~ That's something new
    ???: Shima-san...

Rin: I see, I get it now
    Then, I'll...

Mephisto: My, My...I've been kept waiting, but...
    The stage has been set, and the actors have gathered at last

Mephisto: Now
    I suppose I shall enjoy this battle to its fullest

Suguro: Alright?

p39
    Suguro: Rokuhoku Kongoushinzan is our destination-!
    And the Impure King's what we're gonna defeat!
    Last edited by Defade; July 08, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks defade oh so much!

Lol, the last line sounds like a cheer squad to me. "♫ Roku-hoku Kongoushinzan is our dest-ina-tiiiioon, and the Impure King is what we're going ta' defeeeeeat!♪"

Shima is Shima. He's obnoxious. He goes with whatever's easy, and he'll find a way to live with it. So it doesn't surprise me that he was the only one unwilling to immediately save Rin, even under orders.

I liked Koneko's rationale better than the rest - he's basically telling Rin that he doesn't trust him yet, but won't sit still and let Rin be murdered.

I think Bon got caught up in conspiracy theories regarding Rin. Rin punching him and reminding him that Rin never wanted to be Satan's son. I honestly think Bon was starting to believe that Rin, Mephisto, Satan and his own father were in a big conspiracy to steal the Koumaken and possibly destroyed the temple. So when Bon was brought back to his feelings, he addressed those this time. Good boy, Bon.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, since I've done so much already, I might as well do the whole chapter, haha.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/defade/releases/30398

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ya know? i was reading what somebody said and apparently there was a spoiler in SQ for the next chapter. the person who read it said that they were "So worried about Yukio."
    huh. i was a little shocked that yukio was just like "let's go" and everything, but i feel like he was really hurt to hear that his brother would be killed. but i got the feeling he had to prioritize things first. like "saving everyone from the impure king is my duty as an exorcist, so i have to put that first".
    poor yukio. has anyone even TOLD him yet that his brother could possibly be saved?
    maybe he'll get depressed and finally be possessed by a demon?!
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast