Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

well its a monthly series and normally comes out early in the month. so....THE NEW CHAPTER SHOULD BE OUT IN A COUPLE OF DAYSSSS!!! YAY!!!

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers should be out in a week, but a raw can be released earlier by elpobre. The scanlation depends on JAC and sally's schedule.

I agree with Rave, Fenris would be so cool! Unicorns, not so much, unless they're evil unicorns (and even then, it'd be crushing my love of unicorns, oh woe!)

Yukio is probably agonized and will see his brother on the field and realize that he could've saved him, but he chose not to. That will further agonize Yukio, who will either get himself out of it or not. What will follow is probably a seduction by Toudou to the dark side. Nuu, Yukio, don't go, we love you!

How will Izumo fight, out of curiosity?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Yukio is probably agonized and will see his brother on the field and realize that he could've saved him, but he chose not to. That will further agonize Yukio, who will either get himself out of it or not. What will follow is probably a seduction by Toudou to the dark side. Nuu, Yukio, don't go, we love you!

How will Izumo fight, out of curiosity?
    With her wolf spirits, right? I'm more curious on what Shiemi's gonna do in the battle, oh and the puppet dude! Takara! Where is he? :O

As for Yukio, either he's gonna get possessed or go berserk from his anger/inner turmoil. Or....just continue like normal and just deal with Rin's situation later, and then berate Rin for breaking out of the prison when he sees him on the battlefield with the line "You're too reckless. Although, I have a feeling ch. 27 won't deal with Yukio and Rin yet, Kato-sensei has to set up the battle first, with everyone getting there, right? Or maybe zoom in on the Impure king's situation, since she likes to leave us hanging alot of times. x)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of how who's gonna fight, what will shima do? he said he was going for the title of aria back when everyone was becoming an exwire, but i have yet to see him recite a single scripture!
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Takara! Oh gawd, I forgot. I think He's extremely and ridiculous powerful. Maybe an angel? I don't know, but all the "not showing him" seems the same of Shura.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

huh, theres that saying that "if demons exist, so do angels" so maybe takara really is some sort of angel or, like, angel half breed?
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, the story has already enough plots, we don't need no powerful races coming out of the blue when everything and everyone is ready for a huge battle. The Impure King, Toudou, Myou Dha, exorcists, Kurara - everything has been explained and prepared and what on earth would an angel, unicorn, vampire or whatever do here when we haven't even heard about them yet? 0.o If anything, Takara (or more likely his puppet) is a demon - there's enough demons, good and bad, powerful kings and eight types of their underlings to choose from for us to speculate.

I can't see Yukio becoming possessed or crushed because of what could happen to Rin - if he sees he survived, of course. Yukio who is not nerdy cool is not Yukio Maybe next time we see him he'll be tougher, more reckless and generally stronger? There's that option too.

About Shima - I think his weapon of choice will be eventually his whatshisname family stick (wow, that sounds wrong). I wonder if Knights use swords only or all types of white weapons - I think it should be the latter. Besides, all characters may be exorcists in up to five categories and he will probably learn to be both knight and aria. Rin needs to be knight, dragoon, tamer, aria and doctor if we wants to be paladin.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with anya, story has enough antagonists without throwing angels and God in the mix (and they would automatically become antagonists because of the question "why haven't you stopped war/poverty/nuclear bombs", and that is just so out of the scope of this manga which is focused on the path of a demon who was raised as a human and who wants to fight other demons.)

True, Yukio getting possessed would have a horrible effect on Rin. It's bad enough the kid has the Order out for his head, his friends are just now coming back to him, and he's still having a hellish time controlling his violent streak. I don't want Yukio to lose his nerdiness either. I think his cool is also something he needs to keep. The only thing he might want to change is to be constantly monitoring his own thoughts for his insecurity and actively fighting it.

Still, it seems like Yukio will either be using or be used by Toudou. If he uses Toudou, it'd be by acting as if he'd fallen into himself, and then he can exploit that relationship by getting information.

Rin doesn't necessarily have to master each Meister (haha, german pun), remember Arthur is a Knight, but doesn't seem to have skills in other areas. We don't know for certain if it's a requirement by the Order.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im not saying that unicorns and angels are just gonna pop in mid-impure-king-battle, but they might be added sometime in the future. this manga is still very early in it's development. rin hasnt even become a true exorcist yet.

and while we only know that arthur is a knight for sure, we dont really know if he is any other class. the last paladin seemed to be all the classes, and maybe thats part of the reason he got to become a paladin. whether it is required or not remains to be seen, but even if rin needed all the classes to become paladin, i still think he could do it. he's getting knight down already, and as a demon i think he has natural command over other demons (remember the frog demon that tried to eat Bon?).
    haha if he needed to know how to be a doctor or dragoon he could just ask yukio xD aria, however, would probably be a challenge for him, as rin isnt too smart to begin with. ^^;
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, we have an Angel already and he seems to be evil.

I think it has been stated that Paladin is master in all classes, but I can't find it now. Shura is honorary knight and she seems to be weaker than angel and she's: knight and tamer for sure, probably aria since she recited a spell which binded Rin. Rin can be a knight and tamer, probably dragoon too, but being a doctor and aria need studying, so that may be hard for him.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

God works in mysterious ways, they say. :P

And as was said, it's early yet and this manga can still introduce many concepts without being too far-fetched. More something as Angel which can be deducted easily from the theme. Takara can be very well something related to that.

And well, Yukio being possessed seems to be for me a major arc. I don't know why, but I see it as an opportunity (Ok, more like a challenge) to make Rin learn more in order to save his brother. So I don't think it will be now or soon.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Anyway, we have an Angel already and he seems to be evil.
    Wait, who's the angel? If you're referring to Arthur, Shura said that he LOOKS like an angel but has a heart of a devil.

God already plays an important part, since the Arias are basically memorizing the Bible and other sacred texts. Don't forget that there are alot of other religions in AnE as well. The Kyoto trio are established as either Shinto or Buddhist. So I doubt they'll include angels and the like, since they're fighting Demons and not devils...

Like Uriel said, Yukio being possessed arc will come later, his dark side might start showing now...esp with Toudou provoking him, but he's probably not going to turn demon until much later. It'll be fun if it was like a countdown, like each arc, Yukio turns more and more to the dark side... > right when Rin becomes an exorcist......-_- no, that'll be cruel.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree. the possessed yukio arc will be coming later. i think it would be funny if he got possessed when rin is taking the exorcist qualifying exam, and has to take the test rather than save him, cause if he doesnt the order said they would kill him. BUT in the middle of the test he goes OFF TO SAVE YUKIO WOOSH!
    i think that would be sweet
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyoto trio's Buddhist. Kamiki said she was related to a miko, so likely she's Shinto. A good point from tvtropes - Shiemi's like an apothecary. I just got curious if the True Cross Orders has atheists... it'd be fascinating.

I just think that the Arias recite random things. Don't think it's about God, since they've recited various scriptures from polytheistic religions. Just for some reason if they say something, it kills the demon. So theoretically if there was a quasiparticle demon, by reciting proofs of the existence of particle physics, it could be exorcised. Yes, I am very nerdy, and now have an explanation for why my simulations hate me.

The problem is, that would make Yukio the focus of an arc. I can understand Bon, Kamiki, Takara, and even Shura since they all have secrets to discover in an arc, but Yukio? We know his past and most of his secrets. I can only see his descent and retribution occurring parallel to present arcs, like it is now with Toudou. I also think people are overrating Yukio's reaction to if he is saved by Rin - I think it would make Yukio's insecurities worse, as he'd hate being saved by his brother and would take it as an affront to his personal achievement. As I've said, the only one who can help Yukio is Yukio. Shura's already given him help, but he's stubborn.

What I don't know is how dark Yukio will get. He might just use Toudou's words against Toudou to spy on him (remember when Yukio bluffed the flower demon?). He might actually fall for Toudou's words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    just got curious if the True Cross Orders has atheists... it'd be fascinating.

Just for some reason if they say something, it kills the demon. So theoretically if there was a quasiparticle demon, by reciting proofs of the existence of particle physics, it could be exorcised. Yes, I am very nerdy, and now have an explanation for why my simulations hate me.

I also think people are overrating Yukio's reaction to if he is saved by Rin - I think it would make Yukio's insecurities worse, as he'd hate being saved by his brother and would take it as an affront to his personal achievement. As I've said, the only one who can help Yukio is Yukio.
    I think the demons are athiest....I don't think Mephisto worships his dad or anything...
    As for the quasiparticle demon, ...XD I would laugh so hard if Kato-sensei actually put in an academic demon, (not just science or math, maybe a book demon! ...would Yukio be able to exorcise that?!) And no problem with nerds, they're the cool ones in school.

If Yukio was saved by Rin, he would probably hate himself, since he wants to "protect Rin", but Rin could lend a hand or two, like his nonchalant comments usually have an effect on Yukio, that kind of thing. I'm more interested in Kamiki's past, the little clue(s) we've been given seem interesting, it seems a demon killed her family, maybe?

And does anyone know if any spoilers for ch. 27 have been out yet? :3

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast