Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 26 Discussion | Ch. 27 Prediction

if a demon can possess a peg lantern and rocks, which arent really living things, then i think it stands to say that inanimate objects like a book could also be possessed.
    how would exorcise a book though?

also: it said in the thing that hobgoblins possess small rodents and stuff. well, if when a human is possessed, they can return to normal when exorcised. but when you get rid of hobgoblins, the entire thing is destroyed. do the rats and rodents who are possessed just get destroyed too?
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well the only human that we've seen exorcised was that pigeon killer from the first chapter and all shiro did was say its fatal verse to kill the demon but not the human. i'm sure if he had used his gun and shot the kid-possessed-by-a-demon then i'm sure the kid would have died too, and his reasons for not doing that were pretty obvious. i assume the thing that gets possessed by a demon does get destroyed if it was slashed/shot/beatupbyafamiliar (everything other than what the arias and doctors do). the reason why the exorcists don't mind destroying the demons along with the host is because, well who really cares about rocks??? but i'm not 100% sure so no promises, we would have to wait to see what happens if a human gets possessed and the only exorcist around is a knight or something. nice catch by the way! that never crossed my mind!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, so technical. But I think that if a demon has possessed the object for a certain amount of time, the object or living being's soul and host body is destroyed and corrupted. Like when Shirou was possessed by Satan, his body was slowly deforming and shutting down. Yes, it might be because Satan's too powerful, but demons aren't weak if they're able to possess the object or body. So I think it's the amount of time the demon's in the being, if it's been too long, no point in saving the possessed, if it hasn't been a while, then try to save the host. But those are my guesses.
    And slash the book demon?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if it was a textbook demon possessing an abstract algebra book, recite a proof on group theory! Or if it's possessing a quantum mechanics book, recite a proof of wave-particle duality.

I don't know about that, sakura. After Satan left the body (as Shiro stabbed and killed himself I thought), it returned to normal. I do agree that with stronger demons, the sheer power reduces the possessed body's lifespan.

As for corruption, I dunno... In the anime it seemed clear with that guy Astaroth possessed, but in the manga we haven't seen an example (I don't think Toudou counts, cause he just seems to be evil for the hell of it.)

Totally agree with ya, candy!
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_fai View Post
    Wait, who's the angel? If you're referring to Arthur, Shura said that he LOOKS like an angel but has a heart of a devil.
    Yeah, I was playing with words, but it was lame

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_fai View Post
    Like Uriel said, Yukio being possessed arc will come later, his dark side might start showing now...esp with Toudou provoking him, but he's probably not going to turn demon until much later. It'll be fun if it was like a countdown, like each arc, Yukio turns more and more to the dark side... > right when Rin becomes an exorcist......-_- no, that'll be cruel.
    I don't see nor want to see Yukio going evil. It'd be cliche. If you have a TV show about two brothers and in the 237th episode one of them goes evil for an episode of two, it's ok. But Yukio is almost as much the main character as Rin and you don't play with main characters like that because it'd fill a couple of chapters. Just like Rin struggles to keep in check his flames, Yukio struggles with his insecurities. They both have better and worse days but Rin won't burn his friends and Yukio won't fight them. They wouldn't be themselves ever again if that happened.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be a cliche, yes; but Ao no Exorcist has had a very classical storyline until now. It's not about that it has been very fresh and had a lot of originality on its story but that it has been very stylish and well performed on storytelling. I like it because of that, as well as I liked FMA for the very same reason.

It's just a matter of (long) time, imho.

Of course, I can be wrong and Yukio's fall will never happen.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're going to get strict, every story is a cliché because it ALWAYS follow the basics of the story in which the Hero always win, a magical helper and the ultimate enemy to defeat (And I'm summarizing a lot, but I recall there was somewhere a theory about it with 36 steps or something like that)

I think AnE achieved quite well the unfolds of the story without being too predictive. Just to put an example, I would never thought we would have seen the Paladin so soon in the story and the secret of Rin revealed also by now.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4