Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suigetsu

26 21.31%
  • Neji

96 78.69%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suigetsu vs Neji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Tenketsu aren't little chakra shapes in the body. They are flesh and blood nodes along a person's chakra pathways that act like circuit breakers inside a person's body. And since everything in Suigetsu's body that is infact flesh turns to water you have to accept that his tenketsu become water too. His muscles turn to water. His heart turns to water. His tenketsu turns to water. His chakra pathways turn to water.

As for him turning back to normal, remember his soul still exists. So does his mind (even if his brain doesn't), and his body has chakra in it, even if he doesn't have chakra pathways or tenketsu. Think of it like Gaara's sand. Even though it has chakra running through it doesn't mean Neji can poke it and make it fall apart. It's permeated with chakra, there are no little "touch this point and the sand stops working" spots inside it.
    It couldn't've been explained any better. It comes down to a matter of stamina. Maybe Neji's taijutsu is so insane that Suigetsu can't land a blow, but any blow Neji might land or any gentle fist attack will be negated by Suigetsu's body. It's like Neji vs. Kimimaro. Neji's chakra won't penetrate Kimimaro's bones. Neji's chakra can penetrate water, but what's it gonna do once it does? It won't paralyze anything in Suigetsu.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suigetsu vs Neji

when suigetsu was hit by some attacks,his water remained united,but what if neji uses his supreme rotation,water is flown away,and maybe suigetsu dies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What tenketsu did Neji hit to initially stun Kidoumaru with his Jyuuken through the web?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

8 trigrams 64 palms won't work on Suigetusu, he'll just turn into water. You can't hit chakra points that aren't there.
    Similarly, Darui had the elemental advantage on Sugetsu, plus is a much stronger character. I think Sugetsu would just take all of Neji's hits straight through his body, and then counter-attack. Suigetsu should win, but Neji will anyway...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not bothered reading anyone thoughts on this match up...i must say you mods did well with this one.
    I've gone for suigetsu.As he looks like a really REALLY poor match for Neji kun.He's water for christsakes
    lol.I'm uncertain as to neji control of the gentle fist.If he can effect the chakra pathways of someone that's
    not solid for any great lenght of time.

And i think suigestu can drown him if he so desired...Granted that neji escaped kisame water prison technique
    before.I've a feeling Suigestu will mimic his bro as seen.When kakashi was divison first saw him,or was that
    Suigestu talking him up to juugo?

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji. Just because I see jyuuken penetrating 'water body' of Suigetsu with chakra stuff xD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

people think that suigetsu can drown neji but neji could use Hakke Kuushou or use his Hakkeshou Kaiten and make him evaporate.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Tenketsu aren't little chakra shapes in the body. They are flesh and blood nodes along a person's chakra pathways that act like circuit breakers inside a person's body. And since everything in Suigetsu's body that is infact flesh turns to water you have to accept that his tenketsu become water too. His muscles turn to water. His heart turns to water. His tenketsu turns to water. His chakra pathways turn to water.

As for him turning back to normal, remember his soul still exists. So does his mind (even if his brain doesn't), and his body has chakra in it, even if he doesn't have chakra pathways or tenketsu. Think of it like Gaara's sand. Even though it has chakra running through it doesn't mean Neji can poke it and make it fall apart. It's permeated with chakra, there are no little "touch this point and the sand stops working" spots inside it.
    that sand however is being controlled by a external source while suigetsu's water is his body, if he is not useing chakra from his path ways then he will become normal again. they have to exist or else he would turn back to normal.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually doubt Suigetsu would just turn to a normal person. When he was knocked out by the power of the Hachibi's blast, he didn't revert to a normal body, but to a clear gelatinous form. So it's really questionable whether Suigetsu actually has the same sort of body as a normal person or the chakra points required t block his chakra.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Suigetsu has to have chakra and internal organs, otherwise he couldn't possibly live. Turning into water doesn't negate the necessity to have the sort of body that can sustain life. Neji's Jyuuken should be highly effective against Suigetsu.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara
    No, Suigetsu has to have chakra and internal organs, otherwise he couldn't possibly live. Turning into water doesn't negate the necessity to have the sort of body that can sustain life. Neji's Jyuuken should be highly effective against Suigetsu.
    Chakra = yes; internal organs = no. I mean: tell that to Sasori

BUT I do agree that jyuuken should be effective against Suigetsu - even if he consist only of chakra <>, jyuuken is chakra attacks to begin with. Either way Suigetsu should have disrupted chakra system one way or the other which will unable him to make anything, imo.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm re-reading the manga. I've just read volume 22. there Neji tells kidomaru "things made from chakra are meaningless in front of juken..." http://www.mangareader.net/93-197-18...apter-192.html . then suigetsu's water isn't a problem for him. and remember about his vitality, he says "I can't die so easily" and he defeated kidomaru who was stronger than him. neji's intelligence let him win,and so does now.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    We saw Suigetsu when he was unconscious and there was no sign of organs or anything, even though he wasn't actually water. So considering Orochimaru could survive in Sasuke as just chakra, Suigetsu could very well be the same. As for Neji being effective against him, how so? With no way to negate or cancel the chakra that makes upon Suigetsu, whatever damage Neji does isn't gonna actually stop him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, discussing suigetsu's biology is a bit of a moot point as he conveniently has a freak body. Surely he needs to go through some biological process to live (he needs a lot of water) but that is not to say that immediately makes jyuken effective. Why would jyuken hurt suigetsu specifically? He took a biju blast head on and his inner organs did not evaporate, why would jyuken somehow get that effect? Suigetsu is not invincible but in turn it does seem like his abilities and traits are too convenient to fight neji in particular.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, based on what we have seen we have no reason to really believe traditional gentle fist will work on suigetsu any more than any other taijutsu. neji can hurt inner organs but what good is that if they turn into water on contact? In that regard the only real threat we have any reason to believe will have an effect on suigetsu is the tenketsu bit. Basically the only thing that might pose a real threat from neji as far as we know is sealing away suigetsu's chakra. Even then, since suigetsu's body is clearly less than normal would it be the same as with anyone else? Perhaps the location of his tenketsu is all wrong to begin with or they are hard to reach one he transforms into water. Even then, sealing suigetsu's chakra does not mean neji can kill him. When suigetsu took the biju bomb head on and was out of it he did not turn solid but rather he was still water and had trouble going back to a solid form. Suigetsu does not "transform" into water, he IS water IMO. Neji has a significant disadvantage IMO.
    Suigetsu's body has changed and from what we've seen it's permanently in a liquid state even if he's knocked out. physical attacks pass right through him and if he does really have organs and a chakra system made of water, he can recreate them like he does every time he gets hit. His tenketsu should work in the same way.
    Even if they seal his tenketsu, would his body become flesh and blood? Most body modifications we've seen so far are permanent. I don't see someone like Kakuzu changing if he somehow did get his tenketsu get sealed.
    If he does work the way I believe, then even gentle fist shouldn't pose a problem. I'm going to give this Suigetsu just for the sheer lack of attacks that would work on him.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast