Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suigetsu

26 21.31%
  • Neji

96 78.69%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Suigetsu vs Neji

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Tournament Discussion Thread V.2

From what I understand it's reflexive. He turns into water when injured. When Karin punched his head off his face turned into a blob, and when Bee punched hs chest his chest caved in into a blob of water. That's why I say there's no killing him. The only time he's ever been incapacitated is when a chakra large enough to evaporate most of his water hit him, or when he was paralyzed with raiton.

Niether of which Kimimaro or Neji can pull off. Suigetsu may have no real offensive options that can stop either, but he can wait them out or potentially drown them because both ninja will take the fight close range.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Suigetsu's water body is made up of chakra. Neji has the power to make suigetsu bacome a water.. So suigetsu isn't an issue on neji..

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Suigetsu states atleast twice that he's weak against raiton. Water conducts electricity, so it means when he's struck by lightning it spreads and engulfs his entire body, screwing up with his ability to liquify (or make any movements for that matter as seen against Darui). The only reason Bee was able to take him out is because he could produce far more chakra than Suigetsu had water, which was enough to evaporate his water. Neji doesn't have a single attack that can do the same thing.

And for everyone saying Suigetsu can't drown his opponent, he's living water. He doesn't have to submerge him. Simply countering a taijutsu attack by liquifying and jumping on his opponent lets him force his water in their nose and mouth and down there throat.

Infact I think there was a picture of his brother Mangetsu with his liquified hand going down an opponent's mouth... as if he were drowning them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    a question: why was suigetsu defeated by raiton? water loses against earth,or has it more than a weakness? maybe he was defeated just ebcause it was chakra,than against neji's juken he would lose as well.
    I think we need to remember; underneath it all, Suigetsu is still a human-being and is bound to feel the effects of an attack of such nature.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suigetsu vs Neji

How will Neji physically inflict damage on Suigetsu? He can change into water without using any seals. It's damn near instantaneous. Neji hurts internal organs and the chakra system by inserting his own chakra into his opponent. How can he do that against Suigetsu? I know that Neji can probably find a way to really hurt and defeat Suigetsu, but can he find a counter fast enough before Suigetsu takes him? Suigetsu's no punk. His brother was one of the Seven Swordsmen and he was training to be his replacement. His only weakness was shown to be lightning attacks - something Neji doesn't do. Neji uses no ninjutsu or genjutsu at all. It's all taijutsu. That won't cut the mustard against Suigetsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

while iron fist wouldn't work on suigetsu i can definatly see gentle fist working. sui should still have a chakra system just in water form so imo neji wins.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And once again, for the people saying Neji's chakra attacks can hurt Suigetsu, remember the difference in chakra strength between Bee and Neji. Bee created an attack so condenced with chakra and so massive that it evaporated most of Suigetsu's water. Neji however has tiny, tiny chakra needles on the tip of his fingers and his Kaiten which just knocks things back rather than hurts them.

That is definately not enough to do the kind of damage that Bee could do to him, even if he isn't in his giant form.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kelv015 Of course it doesn't, Byakugan naturally passes bone to reach the chakra points, you are removing a power's characteristic to make the battle competent, if you say Kimi can block it with bone. It is a tailor made power to defeat him... it is 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    And once again, for the people saying Neji's chakra attacks can hurt Suigetsu, remember the difference in chakra strength between Bee and Neji. Bee created an attack so condenced with chakra and so massive that it evaporated most of Suigetsu's water. Neji however has tiny, tiny chakra needles on the tip of his fingers and his Kaiten which just knocks things back rather than hurts them.

That is definately not enough to do the kind of damage that Bee could do to him, even if he isn't in his giant form.
    So which is your train of thought there?. Only superpowerful attacks can hurt suigestu?. No, if a type of attack can hurt him all attacks of that type can. Neji will hurt him up to a point, may be gates won't be sealed... that would be a good argument. But him not getting hurt is out of the question.

Where did all this evaporates his water logic came from? that's excuses, from all we can tell those attacks can hurt him, otherwise why was he some sort of slob?, he should have been boiling by your logic. He wasn't, chakra attacks can hurt him.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 07, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Even after that. We are talking a man that can hurt organs with his empty palm and can use a full body attack... he HAS the extra chakra. It is a tailor made fight. I know it is painful to watch one of your fav chars die like that (Sure as hell I quit Bleach for it) but he has 0 chance. I mean the best argument (which is yours) is leaning on him hoping to survive the first attacks. It will just prolong his pain.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 07, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a fairly close fight because Suigetsu was able to clash with Kisame for a little while, Darui for a little while, and doesn't afraid of anything, lol...but Neji should still win since I can't imagine the chakra points just disappearing (although, it's also difficult to imagine what the system would turn into when Suigetsu becomes water >_>)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post

Just want to note that with the Suigetsu fight, Neji doesn't have to do massive damage; indeed, as long as he can disrupt the chakra flow (which he can do with pokes or palms or whatever), he damages his opponent. He doesn't have to evaporate or really bypass the water when he can just lock up the chakra, no?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji can't hit Suigetsu's tenketsu if his tenketsu are turned into water. People are of the opinion he just hits people and their chakra turns off, but it doesn't work like that. Neji's chakra attacks are tiny, tiny internal injuries that hit the opponent's either internal organs, or their tenketsu.

You turn yourself into water and the tenketsu are no longer there. Instead it's just water. So no, he can't.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think alot of people are underistamating Suigetsu here.

Neji is indeed the better fighter of the 2 but how will he be able to beat someone like Suigetsu?

Nothing Neji has shown so far lets me believe he has the power to defeat Suigestu here and considering all Suigetsu really has to do here is survive until Neji eventually runs out of chakra and stamina I think Suigestu can actually win this.

So my vote goes with Suigetsu.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from what we saw being impaled by an electrified sword did not kill or significantly hurt suigetsu from what I recall. Gentle fist can damage inner organs but would it really work when even electricity directly in contact with his delicate inner organs did not kill him? He was stunned but after being released he did not seem overall hurt. Considering at least that bit I have to go with suigetsu on this one.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

that doesn't any sense. how could he do any jutsu if his chakra system isn't there anymore? to be water he has to use chakra so he is obviously sending it all over his body to become water. it's still there and can still be attacked.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast