Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

47 40.52%
  • Kimimaro

69 59.48%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Kimimaro

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Kimimaro

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Um, Kidoumaru was able to defend against Neji's attack with his hardened sweat, so Kimimaro's bone plates - which withstood the insane pressure of Gaara's quicksand meters underground, should have no problem blocking out Neji's attacks as well. Without gentle fist, Neji's toast. He doesn't use ninjutsu. He doesn't use genjutsu. He'll probably end up running away like he did against Kidoumaru
    Kidoumaru's hardened sweat block chakra, Kimimaro's bones are regular bones that were condensated and Jyuuken can pass through bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji. Thanks to Byakugan he could avoid any attack of Kimimaro, he would apply a hit and run strategy. One jyuuken hit... bone is growing, retreat, new jyuuken hit... retreat. This would go until Kimis Chakra is blocked and he activates his CS. From then Kimi strikes, but neji blocks with Kaiten or avoid any attacks until Kimi is worn out. Even Sawarabi would hardly hit Neji. But jeah good fight. >.<

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Infernal Stigma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, Neji wouldn't be able to see the bones coming from underground of from Kimimaro, and he wouldn't be able to see Kimimaro appearing from one of the bones...
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v24/c211/18.html

The main issue with neji making contact with kimimaru is that every time he would try to land a hit that would be a potential result. Even if neji could see where the bones are coming from it does not mean he can do anything about it, at best he could take his hand away to avoid damage. The problem of getting into a straight fight with kimimaru is like punching a damn porcupine.... You could try but in all odds you are the one getting hurt. Neji's gentle fist would ultimately be no good if every time he tries to land a hit he would be met with bones more than ready to pierce him.

I would compare fighting kimimaru in a straight fight with this:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v44/c411/12.html

There simply are too many bones coming out of too many places.... Kimimaru is not the sort that can be taken out in close range for the most part. Even a chakra blade failed to do the trick, IMO only extreme things like a chidori kusanagi blade or perhaps A's or B's sheer strength would work. Neji does not have that sheer strength or the speed to outmatch kimimaru's bones IMO.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Infernal Stigma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Of course, Neji wouldn't be able to see the bones coming from underground of from Kimimaro, and he wouldn't be able to see Kimimaro appearing from one of the bones...
    Sasuke saw Lee but was unable to do anything about it. What do you think will be Neji's answer to that jutsu? I don't know what Neji could do, I'm out of ideas.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great match up, but i dont see Neji winning over Kimimaro. IMO Neji would end up on the defensive for the duration of the battle, his 8 triagrams jutsu would probably be nullified by Kimimaro's dances. Neji's gentle fist style was made for attacking the chakra network throughout the body and around the organs, but not high density bones. That being the case even if Neji were to land a few hits he'd never be able to critically injure Kimimaro, whom would most likely thicken his bones all over and protect his chakra network and organs extremely effectively by doing so.

In turn Kimimaro would not be able to injure Neji because of his spinning defense, so all that said for me this is a contest of endurance, who chakra will deplete first? The answer is Neji. Since Neji will use his spinning defense to aviod Kimimaro's attacks since any other way would be stupid and most likely get him impaled on Kimi's bones, he'll undoubtedly use chakra faster than Kimi, whom still has an ace up his sleeve with the curse mark.

SO KIMIMARO WINS!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I overlooked this: Neji can attack vital organs with his empty palm from a distance: No way Neji looses this: Sure, it's probably less effective than the Gentle fist up close, but repeated hits would wear Kimimaro down until he can no longer fight properly.

And to those who say that the bones would block gentle fist: if that was the case it would never be able to injure the thoracic cage since it's protected by the ribs, and yet it does, so actually Jyuuken is the perfect counter for Kimimaro's bones.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; July 08, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
    LMFAO

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, Kimimaro's taijutsu is way better than Hidan's. You think Hidan will be able to cut Kimimaro before Kimimaro can incapacitate him? Even so, Kimimaro uses his bones to defend against attacks. The moment Hidan's scythe can even try to scrape or cut him he can jut out bones to block it (something he can do extremely fast which was seen in his fight against Lee). Kimimaro can easily decapitate Hidan before he can even complete the jutsu. Hidan needs to not only get blood, but lick it, make a triangle + circle with his own blood, step inside it, and then stab himself in the heart. Is Hidan really gonna do that before Kimimaro can do anything about it? Have you seen Kimimaro against drunken fist Lee? Have you seen Kimimaro against Gaara? Does Hidan even have a chance? Hell no.
    Hidan has a 4.5 in Taijutsu...I don't recall him getting beaten via taijutsu, lol, and it definitely wouldn't be a curbstomp. Recall that Lee, who was still injured, was able to fight him decently until his strikes until they started coming from random places. Hidan really only has to get one scratch in to win. I don't think you're going to kill Hidan before he makes the circle, it doesn't seem to take all that long. At that point, he can stab himself anywhere to slow him down a bit, and then the heart ftw. Recall that Hidan was stabbed from opposite ends through his chest and it didn't slow him down...Kimimaro is a beast, but an immortal is pretty damn hard to harm. I agree that the bone masks can block the scythe, I just don't see him thinking "I have to make sure I take 0 damage from this guy"

And again, can we not treat Kimimaro's bones like regular bones? Gaara's Sabaku Kyuu and Sabaku Taisou have ravaged opponents...Kimimaro came out unscathed. I can kinda see the point if you're just saying that bone can't prevent chakra from passing through, no matter how dense it is, and if that's the argument, I'd have to look up instances in which Jyuuken was blocked other than the time with Kidoumaru; either way though, that's just assumptions on each side.
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; July 08, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidoumaru's hardened sweat block chakra, Kimimaro's bones are regular bones that were condensated and Jyuuken can pass through bones.
    Kimimaro's bones aren't regular bones. Just like Kidoumaru's saliva and sweat, Kimimaro can infuse chakra into his bones to make new bones, harden the bones, make weapons, bone plates, pretty much anything he pleases. He even stated that he can make his bones even denser than steel. His bones can become dense enough to protect him from being buried under tons of sand. If Neji's gentle fist can disrupt any chakra why couldn't it break apart Kidoumaru's chakra infused sweat? Because of its rigidness. As with Kimimaro's bones. Neji was able to cut through Kidoumaru's webbing but not his sweat. Kimimaro can simply make bone plates appear where Neji's attacking and he can practically do it in split seconds. He protruded his ribcage fast enough to deflect Lee's lotus when Lee was drunk and with the necessary gates opened. How can Kimimaro not be able to deflect gentle fist when Neji's gonna attack him? Kimimaro's kekkai genkai is practically a natural counter against Neji's kekkai genkai.

Neji loses this one.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimimaro's sweat isn't chakra infused: he never stated that: it's a (un)natural substance that he can produce.

Also, Jyuuken passes through chakra, that's how it damages their opponents: by the disturbing the chakra flow and then hitting the vital organs: Kimimaro's bones are just normal bones that were manipulated with chakra: none of that helps against Jyuuken: if chakra could block it, the technique itself wouldn't work because pretty much ever cell in the body has chakra in them and if normal bones helped, it would be impossible to target the thoracic cage's organs.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; July 08, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
    LMFAO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, he manipulates the calcium density in the bones, they aren't simply chakra-imbued. If you're stating that pretty much every cell in the body has chakra, and we know that things created by a technique have chakra, then Kidoumaru's skin probably had chakra in it, yet blocked the Jyuuken. The Jyuuken doesn't immediately destroy anything created with chakra, or else the webbing wouldn't have been able to slow his kaiten either (we saw here that he could emit the chakra from his entire body). There are limitations in the ability of the Jyuuken to destroy/get through anything created with chakra.

Additionally, the rib cage isn't really impenetrable; there are gaps there, I don't think he necessarily has to pass through bone to get to your organs in the first place. If there's a reason why people keep bringing up the rib cage, feel free to show me my ignorance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Hidan has a 4.5 in Taijutsu...I don't recall him getting beaten via taijutsu, lol, and it definitely wouldn't be a curbstomp. Recall that Lee, who was still injured, was able to fight him decently until his strikes until they started coming from random places. Hidan really only has to get one scratch in to win. I don't think you're going to kill Hidan before he makes the circle, it doesn't seem to take all that long. At that point, he can stab himself anywhere to slow him down a bit, and then the heart ftw. Recall that Hidan was stabbed from opposite ends through his chest and it didn't slow him down...Kimimaro is a beast, but an immortal is pretty damn hard to harm. I agree that the bone masks can block the scythe, I just don't see him thinking "I have to make sure I take 0 damage from this guy"

And again, can we not treat Kimimaro's bones like regular bones? Yes, the Jyuuken passes through bones, no, those bones aren't the same as Kimimaro's. Gaara's Sabaku Kyuu and Sabaku Taisou have ravaged opponents...Kimimaro came out unscathed. I can kinda see the point if you're just saying that bone can't prevent chakra from passing through, no matter how dense it is, and if that's the argument, I'd have to look up instances in which Jyuuken was blocked other than the time with Kidoumaru; either way though, that's just assumptions on each side.
    That's exactly how Kimimaro fights. Look at how he did against Naruto. Not one of the hundreds of clones landed a single strike against him. When he survived his clan's massacre he was scratch-free. That's why I say he can take on Hidan. Kimimaro wastes no movements and Hidan is extremely reckless. Granted, he just needs a scratch so he won't care about his body. But Kimimaro isn't about to get cut or hurt anytime soon. His bones can disarm Hidan like he's been shown to do before. If Kimimaro were to impale Hidan or something and realize he didn't die, hell, he's smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and just decapitate him.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidoumaru's chakra blocking metal doesn't have chakra: if blocks chakra, how can someone put chakra on it? And also, it was never stated that it was created by chakra, it's a natural fluid that his body produces.

Kimimaro's bones are indeed just bones that were manipulated through the use of chakra, we don't even know if they have chakra or not (which doesn't matter, since Jyuuken would just flow through the chakra in the bones. , regardless, they never shown the ability to block any kind of chakra, especially since they are manipulated through it.

So, Neji's empty palm, which can be fired at mid range, will hit Kimimaro's vital organs until he collapses to the ground.
    LMFAO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly how Kimimaro fights. Look at how he did against Naruto. Not one of the hundreds of clones landed a single strike against him. When he survived his clan's massacre he was scratch-free. That's why I say he can take on Hidan. Kimimaro wastes no movements and Hidan is extremely reckless. Granted, he just needs a scratch so he won't care about his body. But Kimimaro isn't about to get cut or hurt anytime soon. His bones can disarm Hidan like he's been shown to do before. If Kimimaro were to impale Hidan or something and realize he didn't die, hell, he's smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and just decapitate him.
    The difference with Hidan though is that he can take a stab and not just *poof*...and I'd like to think that with a 4.5 in taijutsu, connecting his counter to an opponent's attack is something that Hidan is capable of. Not to mention that Kimi hasn't shown a tech that would slice his head off (although that bone spear could probably spear it off, lol), and that in order for Asuma to do that, Hidan had to be pinned down. I can see why Kimi doesn't get owned by Hidan, but it's hard for me to see him win.

Kidoumaru's chakra blocking metal doesn't have chakra: if blocks chakra, how can someone put chakra on it? And also, it was never stated that it was created by chakra, it's a natural fluid that his body produces.
    He creates lances and such from his mouth with it. Something that you can manipulate with your body; you're saying that Kimimaro's bones are manipulated through chakra, yet something just as flexible as his bones isn't manipulated through chakra?

The web is something he produces as well; it has chakra in it. Hell, Neji blocked Hinata's Jyuuken from actually harming him, right?. It was probably his ability to emit chakra that protected him, no?

Also, do we even know if the chakra emitted by the Jyuuken goes through bones, etc. to damage the organs? Like I said before, the rib cage has gaps. Is there something that was said earlier about the Jyuuken passing through bones?

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast