Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

47 40.52%
  • Kimimaro

69 59.48%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Kimimaro

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Kimimaro

Kimimaro is stronger,neji is strong but I don't see him able to defeat kimimaro. his juken and the block of chakra doesn't work against a bones-ninja.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i go with him he is probably stronger and faster then neji.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimimaro takes this. As already pointed out, Kidomaru was able to block the Gentle Fist with his web armor. Thus Kimimaro should be able to do likewise by creating a layer of bones beneath his skin, as he did against Gaara. And since that layer of bone wouldn't prevent him from moving or attacking, Kimimaro can block off Neji's attack without limiting his own ability to attack.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

If u voted Kimimaro to beat Lee then u should vote him to beat Neji. If Kimimaro can survive 5 gates then beating Neji shouldnt be that hard

Kimimaro takes this with ease

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidomaru's web blocks chakra, wehich is the only reason he survived Neji's first attack.

However, we don't know if the same applies for Kimimaro's bones, and Jyuuken can go past the ribs at least, sionce it damages the lungs and the heart.
    And, according to Neji, Jyuuken techniques can invade and destroy chakra made materials, such as Kimamaro's bones: http://www.mangareader.net/93-202-7/...apter-197.html

So, Neji's Jyuuken should flow through his bones and hit Kimimaro where it hurts.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; July 07, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're assuming that Kimimaro's bones possess chakra (and chakra-made materials aren't the same as chakra-imbued materials), then I don't see why Kidoumaru's Golden Skin wouldn't possess chakra.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    If we're assuming that Kimimaro's bones possess chakra (and chakra-made materials aren't the same as chakra-imbued materials), then I don't see why Kidoumaru's Golden Skin wouldn't possess chakra.
    But his golden skin has the special propriety of blocking chakra, as far as we know, Kimimaro's bones don't: he said that they were normal bones condensed with chakra, and if chakra could block Jyuuken, would could it pass the chakra network to hit the vital organs?
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am giving this to good old kimimaru due to range. Neji does not seem to have anything that could significantly hurt kimimaru in the mid to long ranges while in turn kimimaru has enough range with firepower to kill neji 10 times over. A close range fight is not necessarily good for neji either. Even in such an scenario kimimaru has bones coming out of everywhere. kimimaru is practical in that he does not need fancy techniques to kill with his bones, he just have to run into the enemy and impale them. Any spot neji tries to hit is a potential new location for more bones to come out and strike.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am giving this to good old kimimaru due to range. Neji does not seem to have anything that could significantly hurt kimimaru in the mid to long ranges while in turn kimimaru has enough range with firepower to kill neji 10 times over. A close range fight is not necessarily good for neji either. Even in such an scenario kimimaru has bones coming out of everywhere. kimimaru is practical in that he does not need fancy techniques to kill with his bones, he just have to run into the enemy and impale them. Any spot neji tries to hit is a potential new location for more bones to come out and strike.
    Thanks to the Byakugan, neji can see every bone growing from Kimimaro and block it with his heavenly spin and also anticipate the bone forest and kimimaro appearing from one of the branches.
    All Neji needs is one touch in Kimimaro's chest to cripple him for the rest of the fight.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a tough fight,i'll hold my vote until tomorrow. this is a good fight. Neji byakugan(gentle fist style in combination with the Byakugan) vs kimimaro's Shikotsumyaku,would utilize dances and flower and together are as strong as steel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go for Neji. Kimimaro is really stronger but Neji pretty much has tailor made skills to destroy Kimimaro. Bone can not block Neji's empty palm nor 64 plams, menaing he will get hit from afar or up close fact is while Neji is "slower" the rythm of his attacks are far more superior (64 palms speed is simply ridiculous). I know people are going to vote for Kimi and perhaps he's going to win but when your most basic skill is defence and you go against someone that can ignore it things are pretty much done. While the spear and the whip are cool Neji's most recent skill (full body empty attack) renders Kimi's tackle as second best. I, personally, can't grasp how Kimimaro can possibly win despite seeming the superior fighter.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 07, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Thanks to the Byakugan, neji can see every bone growing from Kimimaro and block it with his heavenly spin and also anticipate the bone forest and kimimaro appearing from one of the branches.
    All Neji needs is one touch in Kimimaro's chest to cripple him for the rest of the fight.
    Heavenly spin would work if neji gets a chance to actually spin though. If neji goes on the effensive he will not be so easily capable of doing that. Seeing where the bone is coming out from is not that much of big deal either as kimimaru can make bone come from anywhere on his body. Best neji could do is avoid attacking locations which have bone growing out of them which means he won't be able to attack. For neji to land a blow he would have to avoid the bones already coverning kimimaru's body and any potential new bones which could sprout at a reasonable speed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    But his golden skin has the special propriety of blocking chakra, as far as we know, Kimimaro's bones don't: he said that they were normal bones condensed with chakra, and if chakra could block Jyuuken, would could it pass the chakra network to hit the vital organs?
    So you've basically got two things contradicting each other, with the skin coming out on top. If anything created by chakra could be taken out by Jyuuken, it would've taken out the golden skin, which definitely has chakra in it.

You've got your assumption, and I've got mine. I don't think Jyuuken takes out every single thing with chakra in it, and I haven't seen it penetrate something with noted defense (like Gaara's sand or something). Therefore, I'm assuming he can't harm Kimimaro with it once Kimimaro knows what the attacks can do to him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Qaas's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

neji ftw with his byakugan... i dont think kimmi would survive jyuuken.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimimaru's bone armor is insanely strong but we have no idea as of how well it would work to actually block chakra. The golden skin specifically blocked chakra but that is not necessarily the case for kimimaru's bones. Even then, there is a very real chance of neji losing a hand for using such a technique, IMO it is very unlikely kimimaru will just take 32 consecutive hits without responding. I also do think the curse seal would actually reactivate his chakra system if for some reason it is sealed....

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast