Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

47 40.52%
  • Kimimaro

69 59.48%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Kimimaro

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Kimimaro

The thing is, if kimi can use his bone armor before neji hit him with his gentle fist..

The only reason why kidoumaru use his golden skin to avoid being hit by neji is simply because he knows the konoha's byakugan.. He knows the information from orochimaru..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    The thing is, if kimi can use his bone armor before neji hit him with his gentle fist..

The only reason why kidoumaru use his golden skin to avoid being hit by neji is simply because he knows the konoha's byakugan.. He knows the information from orochimaru..
    And why wouldn't Kimimaro know the exact same things? Its not like he was the runt of the Sound Shinobi. He was the one in charge.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I also believe that Kimimaro should not have been in this part of the tournament. He's just too broken. Like I've always said about Naruto: if you had to die because of an illness that means that no one could beat you. If you had to kill yourself for any reason than you're probably just as broken. Kimimaro was shown to hold his own against the army that wiped out his entire clan. He did this when he was just a child. Had Kimimaro been shown in other flashbacks or actually fight against the Kazekage ('cause that happened offpanel in the anime) we all know he would've been in the main tournament. In fact, had his zombie actually done some serious ass whoopin' in this war, he might've been a top contender. It's not just that his kekkai genkai is insane, but his mastery of it is downright fearful. It's the perfect offense and the perfect defense. Add to the fact that he's perfectly compatible with a curse seal. Fucking epic. He doesn't even need to perform ninjutsu or genjutsu. So he can manage his chakra just for his bones. We saw how he does against ninjutsu with Gaara's attacks. His bones as plates of armor can handle anything. Honestly, the second I saw Kimimaro in this tournament I knew he would win.

Hell, I can see Kimimaro beat Tsunade, Mifune, Konan, Darui, Kitsuchi, Gaara, and Hidan.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    I also believe that Kimimaro should not have been in this part of the tournament. He's just too broken. Like I've always said about Naruto: if you had to die because of an illness that means that no one could beat you. If you had to kill yourself for any reason than you're probably just as broken. Kimimaro was shown to hold his own against the army that wiped out his entire clan. He did this when he was just a child. Had Kimimaro been shown in other flashbacks or actually fight against the Kazekage ('cause that happened offpanel in the anime) we all know he would've been in the main tournament. In fact, had his zombie actually done some serious ass whoopin' in this war, he might've been a top contender. It's not just that his kekkai genkai is insane, but his mastery of it is downright fearful. It's the perfect offense and the perfect defense. Add to the fact that he's perfectly compatible with a curse seal. Fucking epic. He doesn't even need to perform ninjutsu or genjutsu. So he can manage his chakra just for his bones. We saw how he does against ninjutsu with Gaara's attacks. His bones as plates of armor can handle anything. Honestly, the second I saw Kimimaro in this tournament I knew he would win.

Hell, I can see Kimimaro beat Tsunade, Mifune, Konan, Darui, Kitsuchi, Gaara, and Hidan.
    Kimmimaro has not been beaten in the war yet so he may impress us
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

same, i could definatly see kimmimaro beating some of the weaker top tier ninja. only the ones with overwhelmingly powerful moves could beat him imo. even minato and a would have trouble if they didn't kill him in the first attack, though they most likely would.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT?!!!!

Ok, no, in all seriousness, how can Kimi freaking win?... I mean it, which is the stage or the setting?... Byakugan bypasses any defence, it naturally passes through bone to reach the chakra points. Kimi is broken, yes... and good, yes... but he not only deserves to be in the low tier, he can't win this (and hell if he can win any of the battles on top... he won against Gaara but lets be honest he did by a photo shot and Gaara has grown since then). He is better than Neji; as in if he were to face X character he'll be more of a threat but Neji's skills are tailor made to defeat him and in any calculative mind he will. Of course Kimi is the most popular char and when arguments like 'I know he'll find a way' are being liked and thanked, he's going to win this.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, to be fair, saying that it naturally passes through bone to reach the chakra points is like saying a regular sword, which cuts through bone to cut someone in two, would cut through Kimimaro.

In addition, against Gaara, he was damn near dead...and would've won against an improved Gaara. I dunno if he could beat Gaara now though...I also question him winning against Hidan, since basically...if he gets your blood once, you're done for.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I get the resistance analogy but we are talking about a man that can hurt internal organs from afar, cover his body in deadly chakra and aim for little, little nail sized targets in a body and whose main skill is bypassing defences. Kimi won't be Koed in the first try, yet he is only surviving, not earning chances to win. I get why people are discussing like they are, personally I don't like Kimi that much (I don't dislike him though) but him being unfairly beaten in a Tite Kubo match (where the opponent has the exact abilities to win against a char) is actually frustrating for me too.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 07, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji is imho the first opponent who could give Kimimaro a run for his money.

His gentle fist attacks the inner organs and the chakra network, so he has the means to wound Kimimaro. Not only that but with his Byakugan he can probably also see the Bones inside Kimimaro’s body as soon as they start growing and extending, which means those attacks aren’t as unpredictable to him as to anyone else.

Wíth his X-Ray vision he could see even something like Sawarabi No Mai coming and he could avoid getting impaled because he can already see where those large bone spikes will pop up. Not only that but with 360° vision the fact that Kimimaro can come out from any of those bones becomes much less of a threat, because he can’t sneak up on Neji from behind.

That being said I still believe Kimimaro has the edge in this fight and will ultimately win.

We’ve seen from Neji’s fight with Kidoumaru that a layer of chitin above the skin is enough to completely protect against the gentle fist attacks, and Kimimaro can basically pull of the same thing with his bone mask, so his tenketsu and organs should be save.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-199-6/...apter-194.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-199-7/...apter-194.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-17...apter-215.html

I also believe that Kimimaro’s Tessenka no Mai should be a great way to deal with Kaiten, because he can use the rotation to wrap his flexible spine around Neji, thus capturing him.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-221-12...apter-216.html

Neji is not chanceless but if they fought 10 battles I think Kimimaro would win 7 out of those 10, thus my vote goes to him.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    WHAT?!!!!

Ok, no, in all seriousness, how can Kimi freaking win?... I mean it, which is the stage or the setting?... Byakugan bypasses any defence, it naturally passes through bone to reach the chakra points. Kimi is broken, yes... and good, yes... but he not only deserves to be in the low tier, he can't win this (and hell if he can win any of the battles on top... he won against Gaara but lets be honest he did by a photo shot and Gaara has grown since then). He is better than Neji; as in if he were to face X character he'll be more of a threat but Neji's skills are tailor made to defeat him and in any calculative mind he will. Of course Kimi is the most popular char and when arguments like 'I know he'll find a way' are being liked and thanked, he's going to win this.
    Um, Kidoumaru was able to defend against Neji's attack with his hardened sweat, so Kimimaro's bone plates - which withstood the insane pressure of Gaara's quicksand meters underground, should have no problem blocking out Neji's attacks as well. Without gentle fist, Neji's toast. He doesn't use ninjutsu. He doesn't use genjutsu. He'll probably end up running away like he did against Kidoumaru

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Lol, to be fair, saying that it naturally passes through bone to reach the chakra points is like saying a regular sword, which cuts through bone to cut someone in two, would cut through Kimimaro.

In addition, against Gaara, he was damn near dead...and would've won against an improved Gaara. I dunno if he could beat Gaara now though...I also question him winning against Hidan, since basically...if he gets your blood once, you're done for.
    Um, Kimimaro's taijutsu is way better than Hidan's. You think Hidan will be able to cut Kimimaro before Kimimaro can incapacitate him? Even so, Kimimaro uses his bones to defend against attacks. The moment Hidan's scythe can even try to scrape or cut him he can jut out bones to block it (something he can do extremely fast which was seen in his fight against Lee). Kimimaro can easily decapitate Hidan before he can even complete the jutsu. Hidan needs to not only get blood, but lick it, make a triangle + circle with his own blood, step inside it, and then stab himself in the heart. Is Hidan really gonna do that before Kimimaro can do anything about it? Have you seen Kimimaro against drunken fist Lee? Have you seen Kimimaro against Gaara? Does Hidan even have a chance? Hell no.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    same, i could definatly see kimmimaro beating some of the weaker top tier ninja. only the ones with overwhelmingly powerful moves could beat him imo. even minato and a would have trouble if they didn't kill him in the first attack, though they most likely would.
    actully in this tourny by all feats both Minato and A have no way to hurt him with what they have shown in the series as Minato can't hurt him with any of his attacks and A is not strong enought to break Kimmi's bones
    Know your Place Humans

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    And why wouldn't Kimimaro know the exact same things? Its not like he was the runt of the Sound Shinobi. He was the one in charge.
    In this tournament, they don't know their oponents abilities. So kimi doesn't know that neji has the power to close his tenketsu. And i think his bone armor is coming from his level 2 curse power. So kimi in his base mode is not immune of neji's gentle fist.. He can manipulate his bones in his base mode, but he can't do a thing on neji's 64 strike combo.. not to mention the kamehameha of neji. Im pretty sure it can affect kimi's body/bones..

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    actully in this tourny by all feats both Minato and A have no way to hurt him with what they have shown in the series as Minato can't hurt him with any of his attacks and A is not strong enought to break Kimmi's bones
    Huh.? A isn't strong enough to break kimi's bones..? i don't think so.. A is a freaking beast.. And minato's rasengan can hurt kimi even if he has the bone armor..

I think it was kimi who isn't strong enough to face minato and A.. Because his bone armor can't help him being rape by minato and A..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    In this tournament, they don't know their oponents abilities. So kimi doesn't know that neji has the power to close his tenketsu.
    Wrong, the fighters have knowledge about things that are widely known and the Byakugan falls under this category. Its one of the most famous, well known and currently most spread kekkei genkai in the Narutoverse... even noname fodders are running around with Byakugan.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    A almost killed Naruto in Kyuubi Mode. A also broke Susano'o. I think A can break Kimimaro's bones.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Wrong, the fighters have knowledge about things that are widely known and the Byakugan falls under this category. Its one of the most famous, well known and currently most spread kekkei genkai in the Narutoverse... even noname fodders are running around with Byakugan.
    Really..? so Does kimi knows that the byakugan has the power to close his tenketsu..? And does it also means that in this tournament, the byakugan's power is well known..?

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast