Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

47 40.52%
  • Kimimaro

69 59.48%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Neji vs Kimimaro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Kimimaro

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Yeah I agree with this but I still don't see why his bone armor would protect his chakra points and all since it's a different material from Kidoumaru's golden web. That was specifically said to block chakra.
    simple if he is covered in Bone spikes then Neji won't be able to touch him with out getting hurt himself plus it will keep him out of range from Neji
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    simple if he is covered in Bone spikes then Neji won't be able to touch him with out getting hurt himself plus it will keep him out of range from Neji
    Which is why I said I agree. My question was simply why some people believe that the armor alone would stop Jyuuken.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Neji can't strike the Tenketsu if there's a thick layer of bone above them.

Its like holding a steel plate in front of your chest and then telling Neji: Yo dude... now strike the Tenketsu on my chest please.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Because Neji can't strike the Tenketsu if there's a thick layer of bone above them.

Its like holding a steel plate in front of your chest and then telling Neji: Yo dude... now strike the Tenketsu on my chest please.
    I don't see why the chakra can't go through the bone though. It's not like it's chakra proof like the golden web.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why the chakra can't go through the bone though. It's not like it's chakra proof like the golden web.
    But that's the point...people think that it is chakra proof, because they are not simple bones...Kimimaro can manipulate them...so the basic premise is already different...

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    But that's the point...people think that it is chakra proof, because they are not simple bones...Kimimaro can manipulate them...so the basic premise is already different...
    Though it wasn't said to be chakra proof nor have it shown to be so while the web have. As a matter of fact, a chakra blade almost sliced through a bone so it doesn't seem to be that chakra proof.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

kimimaro was hit by Lee,but it was because lee uses taijutsu. neji's attack can't win against kimimaro: gaara's techniques were useless and gaara is stronger than neji.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Though it wasn't said to be chakra proof nor have it shown to be so while the web have. As a matter of fact, a chakra blade almost sliced through a bone so it doesn't seem to be that chakra proof.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page009.html

not even almost look at the last panel, its like the blade didnt do any shit against his bones

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page009.html

not even almost look at the last panel, its like the blade didnt do any shit against his bones
    It was almost halfway through in that panel. Even if it's not, it still doesn't show that it's chakra proof.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^It shows that its at least very chakra resistant, because otherwise the blade would have gone right through it.

Kubikiribōchō is one of the seven legendary swords of the mist, so one can assume its made of the highest quality steel, yet it was basically like butter against a chakra stream weapon. Which in turn means Kimis bones are so dense that they can't be penetrated even by chakra.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure a chakra blade and gentle fist can be counted as the same thing. Gentle fist has not impact power whatsoever so to speak, it simply sends chakra into the body. A chakra blade does not send chakra into the body, it works inherently differently. The chakra in the chakra blade merely enhances the edge of the blade, it makes it sharper, harder and maybe heavier so to speak. The comparison is pointless at best IMO.

As for how the beheading sword would work, I doubt it is nearly as simple as people make it out to be. For one thing, it is a pretty damn big and heavy sword. Even if it does not cut kimimaru it is bound to hurt due due to the sheer weight behind it. For another, breaking it is perhaps not the best move for kimimaru. All the user would need is a dent to kimimaru's bone armor and have him bleed to start sucking out his blood and repair the sword. Even if just a little blood is drained it is something that can be build up in a long battle.

More importantly, the beheading sword was NOT cut by a chakra infused weapon. The beheading sword was cut by a blade infused with lightning chakra which could be extremely important. As we know lightning enhanced the vibrations and cutting power of the weapons to a great degree. I would think the cutting power of a sword with lightning chakra is significantly higher than the cutting power of a sword with regular chakra. We don't know how kimimaru's bones would ultimately hold against the beheading sword. Kimimaru is bound to be resistant but IMO there are plenty of things that could be done to work around that.

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6