Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

102 73.38%
  • Hashirama

37 26.62%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs Hashirama

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs Hashirama

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous' View Post
    Could be that when or if shodai's wood reacts to naruto's chakra like yamato's has, he'll get a clue. If the bijuu bomb comes into play, it should become clear for him. But you are right, naruto should've have already finished this before shodai even gets a clue what the rikodu cloak is all about.
    I don't think Shodaime's wood will need to react, it already does what Yamato's Mokuton couldn't do thanks to Shodaime's chakra. Though, it may grow even more. Either way, I don't think Shodaime would have any idea why it did that since Kyuubi's chakra with its will wouldn't give life force to anything but destroy it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    If the BoD blocks eyesight it probably blocks chakra vision as well (IMO)
    But it's a genjutsu....The Sharigan can see through genjutsu, it's one of its basic functions lol.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Lets keep one thing in mind: Hashirama has beaten Killer Bee and killed Orochimaru simply by using Mokuton... I have no clue how he did it but damn... he must be realy good!
    Beating Bee with Moukton makes sense because he'd essentially elimnate all of his abilities and power.

Defeating Orochimaru however...makes little to know sense based on what we've seen Hashirama do. I say he was given that win mostly due to hype, which may or may not be deserved.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually pretty challenging to take a side on. We haven't seen a true and serious fight of the 1st so to say he would get beaten by naruto is still pretty much in the air. the 1st was able to take on Madara with his EMS and all other crazy shit, and we haven't even seen the true powers of the EMS so it is pretty hard to guess on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto loses because the Kyuubi will be suppressed thus his main power will be taken out

Orochimaru should be fighting Naruto here most forum member's agreed that Oro won but the lurkers won out
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama would have to catch Naruto before he can supress the Kyuubi right? so I wouldn't render it useless right of the bat. I'm guessing Hashirama's control of Bijuu is like Yamato's except more powerful, so it's not like Naruto won't be able to use the Kyuubi's chakra from the get go.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Hashirama would have to catch Naruto before he can supress the Kyuubi right? so I wouldn't render it useless right of the bat. I'm guessing Hashirama's control of Bijuu is like Yamato's except more powerful, so it's not like Naruto won't be able to use the Kyuubi's chakra from the get go.
    Yes but when Naruto goes to strike him he can capture him in a trap. RK Mode isn't going to work here.

It doesn't matter though, because Sage Mode makes him stronger and more durable. Not to mention he can still form kickass ninjutsu in Sage Mode, and summon whatever he needs to the battlefield. So he's fine, Naruto wins with just Sage Mode.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    But it's a genjutsu....The Sharigan can see through genjutsu, it's one of its basic functions lol.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Beating Bee with Moukton makes sense because he'd essentially elimnate all of his abilities and power.

Defeating Orochimaru however...makes little to know sense based on what we've seen Hashirama do. I say he was given that win mostly due to hype, which may or may not be deserved.
    I think the Sharingan's ability to "see" through Genjutsu means that it can see the effects the jutsu has on the targets (or their own) chakra, thereby "seeing" the effect of the jutsu. Not all genjutsu's are obvious like BoD or Kabuto's Nirvana tech. The Sharingan lets you know that you are in a genjutsu, nothing more. It can see the disturbance created by the genjutsu. It doesn't mean that any and all genjutsu are instantly nullified against all Uchiha.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This Kyuubi suppression thing is pretty funny, and somewhat interesting, because as far as we know Kyuubi is suppressed, Naruto just took some chakra from it...so I don't know how Mokuton will affect this...

But Sage Mode is pretty much all over Shodai...or at least that's where I'm leaning to

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This one is really tricky. On the one hand, Hashirama has the power to suppress Naruto's most potent power, on the other, Naruto may be too fast to catch.

I think, at this point in the manga, Naruto isn't fast enough to dodge Hashirama's mokuton (remember, this is beyond Yamato's, but quite a way I'd say).

So it comes down to a battle of sage mode vs mokuton + all the other abilities of Hashirama.
    However, I doubt Naruto has the time to stay still, so I'm giving this to Hashirama, because a) I believe Hashirama would be the victor (for now), and b) to counter the Naruto fandom.

Also, is Tobirama (2nd hokage) in this tournament, or do we not know enough about his abilities yet?
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYS View Post
    This one is really tricky. On the one hand, Hashirama has the power to suppress Naruto's most potent power, on the other, Naruto may be too fast to catch.

I think, at this point in the manga, Naruto isn't fast enough to dodge Hashirama's mokuton (remember, this is beyond Yamato's, but quite a way I'd say).

So it comes down to a battle of sage mode vs mokuton + all the other abilities of Hashirama.
    However, I doubt Naruto has the time to stay still, so I'm giving this to Hashirama, because a) I believe Hashirama would be the victor (for now), and b) to counter the Naruto fandom.

Also, is Tobirama (2nd hokage) in this tournament, or do we not know enough about his abilities yet?
    You can check the bracket here...for more info read the opening post of the Tournament Discussion thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think hashirama would win. He can suppress the power of the kyubi leaving naruto a normal gennin with no significant strength so far. HM would give him a fighting chance but due to its limitations not enough to stop him from getting schooled. Shodai wins.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think hashirama would win. He can suppress the power of the kyubi leaving naruto a normal gennin with no significant strength so far. HM would give him a fighting chance but due to its limitations not enough to stop him from getting schooled. Shodai wins.
    How does this suppression work? Doesn't Hashirama need to catch him first?...I think Naruto has gotten pretty fast and strong, especially considering the last techniques he has shown against Zetsu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said in Hashirama's previous match, it's hard to create substantial arguments (i.e. based on feats) for Shodai, since his only feats are as a gimped Edo Tensei controlled by Orochimaru, who was messing around. Naruto, on the other hand, has given us more than a glimpse of his capacity in RM mode now, and thus has quite the advantage here.

However, while it's loose ground to base an argument upon, Hashirama's status and hype should place him very high on the food ladder in Narutoverse. Personally, I'd think that he has the tools (i.e. powerful bodily prowess (speed, strength, stamina, endurance) and techniques) to defeat Naruto, and I also think that Naruto will only surpass him once he has fully mastered his new super mode in combat.

Thus, as of now, I give Shodai the edge: my vote goes to Hashirama Senju.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    I think the Sharingan's ability to "see" through Genjutsu means that it can see the effects the jutsu has on the targets (or their own) chakra, thereby "seeing" the effect of the jutsu. Not all genjutsu's are obvious like BoD or Kabuto's Nirvana tech. The Sharingan lets you know that you are in a genjutsu, nothing more. It can see the disturbance created by the genjutsu. It doesn't mean that any and all genjutsu are instantly nullified against all Uchiha.
    Tell that to Sasuke and Itachi. Sasuke has continuously saw through ever genjutsu thrown at him in Part 2. Itachi has never fallen into a genjutsu without seeing right through it or reversing it immediatly.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's concentrate on the current match and not the Sharingan. Thanks!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast