Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

49 34.51%
  • Jiraiya

93 65.49%
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Kakashi vs Jiraiya

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakashi vs Jiraiya

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    What the heck are you talking about.? Itachi escape simply because he almost ran out of chakra for using his amaterasu. And he knows that his power and kisame's power is not enough to defeat jman. So stop making such a ridiculous assumption just to satisfy your imagination.
    actually,you are the one who says the heck.everyone knows itachi said those things to kisame to worry him and to avoid kidnapping naruto. when they fought in volume 17,kisame himself realised that they didn't need to escape because itachi and jiraiya were at the same level. you can imagine if itachi with kisame would have lost against jiraiya.oh and itachi told kisame that even if someone else had fought Jman with them,they would have lose anyway. then Itachi,Kisame and another member of Akatsuki(I choose kakuzu but you can take sasori,deidara ecc.) couldn't defeat jiraiya? c'mon!
    itachi said he run out of chakra but we know it's not true,when he fought sasuke he used tsukuyomi,more than an amaterasu,susanoo and other techniques.face it.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even without the body's exhaustion Kakashi wouldn't use Kamui right away unless he has a very good reason to do so like Deidara's out of range with something of capital value in his hands => Gaara, or a threat like Madara who, for now, can't be affected by any other type of jutsu : using a Mangekyou Sharigan power would make his Sharingan closer to blindness. He is using a gun which can't be reloaded.

@mattiaildivino and bhasty : be more friendly in your discussion, thanks.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would Kakashi have to worry about blindness? He's had his MS longer then Sasuke and have used it about as many times, yet as far as we know, he's nowhere near going blind. Then again, that issue hasn't really been brought up concerning him.

What the heck are you talking about.? Itachi escape simply because he almost ran out of chakra for using his amaterasu. And he knows that his power and kisame's power is not enough to defeat jman. So stop making such a ridiculous assumption just to satisfy your imagination.
    Itachi couldn't have been near of running out of chakra, considering we have actually seen him use far more MS techniques against Sasuke without getting anywhere near out of chakra.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; July 15, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    But Itachi carefully explained "we gonna get our ass handed to him". Furthermore Kisame did correct his prior statement "He (Jiraya) is a man that could take the spotlight from both the Uchiha and the seven swordsman of the mist". I ignored your convenient interpretation while otherwise stating facts. Itachi said he would be beaten along Kisame if they fought J-man (fact) and Itachi didn't know about sannin that means he'll get uber pawned. But this isn't Itachi. It's Kakashi... sucky got pwned by every Akatsuki Kakashi.

While Jiraya was sucker punch (or rather sucker ripped off his arm), he had won a fight with three bodies, then fought the six, deduced their peripheral sight, deduced they each can use a single ability, saw that neither was the 'real' body, identified the power of the piercings and captured a body. That means he deconstructed the entire character but for the 5 second interval it took Deva to charge between pushes. In other words all intel of the character came from him... if we are taking the word of Kisame as a fact (most disappointing Akatsuki) then we should take Pein's which states that had Jiraya known all he deduced he'll be on the losing side. Also... neither Itachi (though that is not what is being discussed here)... nor clearly Kakashi (died against one single body) can possibly compare to Pein.
    Sigh here we go again with using so the called "manga fact" but not look at the circumstances around said "manga fact". Don't even want to get into the Itachi, Jiraiya part bc alot of people have made up their minds about that but using pain as a comparison between the two fighter really doesn't work. Also the only akatsuki that pwned Kakashi is Itachi. Kakashi had to protect 3 chunnin from Kakuzo and he fought quite impressively against Pain. Your also crazy if you think kisame was the most disapointed akatsuki lol cough(Hidan,Konan,). In the Pain fight Jiraya never had to deal with Deva Pain which basically sat out the entire fight and didn't do anything. Also the only reason Jiraiya was able to deduce about the real body was because he knew about Yahiko and Nagato. Jiraya was aware that Nagato had rinnegan and Yahiko didn't. Jiraya was impressive during that fight as he was a good match up with pain bc of his summons, stamina,etc. Even so Kakashi fought on par against the arguably two of the three strongest bodies and would of killed deva path if asura didn't tank the blow. Deva pain was even weary of getting up close against Kakashi bc of his level of skill.

Both fighters r top notch but Kakashi matches up really well against Jiraiya. I don't think he would use kamui at the start but he will be very careful against Jiraiya. Who knows he may use a lightning clone to get up close against Jiraiya stun him then come out the ground ready for a kamui. Kakashi always tries to stay 2-3 steps ahead of his opponent and his performance in part 2 has been hindered bc of the plot. Naruto had to kill Kakuzo and be the first one to defeat deva pain. Sasuke was off limits and Hidan was for shikamaru. Saying all this each has advantages over the other and i don't think one will jus steamroll the other. It will be a fight down to the wire imo.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Would Kakashi have to worry about blindness? He's had his MS longer then Sasuke and have used it about as many times, yet as far as we know, he's nowhere near going blind. Then again, that issue hasn't really been brought up concerning him.
    yes he has it longer than sasuke but sasuke has used it more times. Kakashi gained it during the time-skyp,and when he fought itachi in volume 29 he had already lost some sight http://www.mangareader.net/93-262-9/...apter-257.html . after volume 31 he was about to use the hypnotic sharingan against kakuzu,but naruto saved them so he didn't use it. in volume 43 he activated it but didn't use it http://www.mangareader.net/93-401-12...apter-396.html . after that he used it 2 times against pain http://www.mangareader.net/93-429-17...apter-424.html and one against sasuke's susanoo.then he used it at least 5 times,but sasuke used tsukuyomi and amaterasu against bee,and the enton to manipulate amaterasu,against A,gaara and the other kages he used it and susanoo,which weaken the MS a lot.not to say how he misused it against danzo,and against kakashi.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    actually,you are the one who says the heck.everyone knows itachi said those things to kisame to worry him and to avoid kidnapping naruto. when they fought in volume 17,kisame himself realised that they didn't need to escape because itachi and jiraiya were at the same level. you can imagine if itachi with kisame would have lost against jiraiya.oh and itachi told kisame that even if someone else had fought Jman with them,they would have lose anyway. then Itachi,Kisame and another member of Akatsuki(I choose kakuzu but you can take sasori,deidara ecc.) couldn't defeat jiraiya? c'mon!
    itachi said he run out of chakra but we know it's not true,when he fought sasuke he used tsukuyomi,more than an amaterasu,susanoo and other techniques.face it.
    i thnk you forgot to read the next page. itachi was clearly stated that He shouldn't use the amaterasu. why.? because his MS power cost alot of chakra and stress to his eyes. fighting jiraiya when itachi feels the side effect of using his MS power is just a suicide. Itachi knows the true caliber of jiraiya more than you and some of jiraiya haters know. you can argue all you want but the fact or the manga fact remain that what itachi said is true and what he did is his strategy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused, I dont remember Kakashi being "Impressive" against Pain. He eliminated 1 which was simply sacrificing itself to save the more important one. Jiraiya was "Impressive" against Pain. If I'm remembering correctly Kakashi never was able to land a blow or jutsu on Deva Pain. In fact Deva kinda made Kakashi look like Iruka! (i'll probably take flak for that statement, but IMHO) Even with all the intel at his disposal Kakashi never stood a chance.

Though guys are right comparing Jiraiya vs Pain to Kakashi vs Pain is like apples to oranges, but i dont see Kakashi living long enough to aquire the intel Jiraiya gathered. Mainly because I dont see Kakashi making it past the summoning Pain.

As for Kamui being a deciding factor, yes Kakashi can warp things sort of fast, but against a moving targets he's not so impressive, he could only manage to warp Deidara's arm, a huge fireball, a nail, and a missile, he's never been able to warp an entire person, and not for lack of effort, he just flat out couldnt do it.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i thnk you forgot to read the next page. itachi was clearly stated that He shouldn't use the amaterasu. why.? because his MS power cost alot of chakra and stress to his eyes. fighting jiraiya when itachi feels the side effect of using his MS power is just a suicide. Itachi knows the true caliber of jiraiya more than you and some of jiraiya haters know. you can argue all you want but the fact or the manga fact remain that what itachi said is true and what he did is his strategy.
    ahahah he said he wanted to steal sasuke's eyes,is it true because itachi said it?c'mon I've just said what happened: we know itachi didn't want to make people suffer,he loved his village and the world.he defeated orochimaru in a flash,why would he lose against jiraiya,and more if itachi is with kisame? itachi just told kisame it was too soon to kidnap naruto,and after that he just said he had to rest because he was forced to use tsukuyomi and amaterasu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi also said before, in the same day, that no one but an Uchiha with the same blood as him can beat him.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

He also warped a giant arrow, in the blink of a eye. Kakashi vs Pain was impressive. He figured out Deva's ability on his own and could of possibly took him out if he used Kamui when he had the advantage.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; July 15, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggchiefmo View Post
    I'm confused, I dont remember Kakashi being "Impressive" against Pain. He eliminated 1 which was simply sacrificing itself to save the more important one. Jiraiya was "Impressive" against Pain. If I'm remembering correctly Kakashi never was able to land a blow or jutsu on Deva Pain. In fact Deva kinda made Kakashi look like Iruka! (i'll probably take flak for that statement, but IMHO) Even with all the intel at his disposal Kakashi never stood a chance.

Though guys are right comparing Jiraiya vs Pain to Kakashi vs Pain is like apples to oranges, but i dont see Kakashi living long enough to aquire the intel Jiraiya gathered. Mainly because I dont see Kakashi making it past the summoning Pain.

As for Kamui being a deciding factor, yes Kakashi can warp things sort of fast, but against a moving targets he's not so impressive, he could only manage to warp Deidara's arm, a huge fireball, a nail, and a missile, he's never been able to warp an entire person, and not for lack of effort, he just flat out couldnt do it.
    Kakashi was impressive because he took on the two strongest Paths with no physical enhancements and no idea of their powers. He survive multiple hits from Deva Path and was even able to set up a clone and hide while against the two. Not just that, but he was not just able to figure out what Deva Path's ability was, but also the weakness of it and create a plan to take advantage of it. so not only did he survive against two Paths with just his normal human body, but he was able to figure out and make a plan quite fast. he's also the only person beside Naruto to come so close to defeating Deva Path.

Personally, I don't see why Kakashi would have trouble with Animal Path. If he could take on Deva and Asura Path, Animal Path along shouldn't have been any major trouble. And Kakashi doesn't have to warp an entire person. All he has to do is warp Jiraiya's head or arm, and he wins by default.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

What Itachi said isn't necessarily true, nor is it manga fact that Jiraiya can beat Itachi. Itachi's statement is still unknown, but it's manga fact that Itachi does consider Jiraiya a challenge. Stop interpreting the manga in one way to support your favorite character. The fact is, Itachi first said they'd lose, then when discussing fighting Jiraiya again, Itachi never denied being able to beat JIraiya, he only said he needed to rest and said they had enough time to capture Naruto, which means he considered Jiraiya a threat, but definitely not as a loss. Kisame knows Itachi's and Jiraiya's power more than us, and Kisame said Itachi could have taken Jiraiya on.

Manga showed us that Orochimaru > Jiraiya, And Itachi > Orochimaru, which means Itachi > Jiraiya. The first two is what the manga showed us, but you'll refuse to accept it. Look at the circumstances, not just the statements. Kakashi was able to take on two Pain bodies without Sage Mode, Jiraiya needed Sage MOde to take on one body, which would mean Kakashi is better than Jiraiya. Kakashi got owned by Itachi in their first battle, which means Itachi is better than kakashi. So, we can assume Itachi is better than Jiraiya. Another manga proof that Itachi can beat Jiraiya, but you'll refuse to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by biggchiefmo View Post
    Jiraiya needed help to even fight one body. Ma was the one who detected Animal Realm hiding and took out the chameleon. Kakashi was more impressive because he was able to take on two of the most powerful bodies without any enhancement like Jiraiya had. He was able to hurt Asura before backup arrived and even had a plan to take out one or both of them. If it weren't for Asura popping out of nowhere, Kakashi would have beaten Deva too. Jiraiya needed help from the get go, Kakashi was fighting on his own in the beginning and had no info on Deva or Asura apart from shared eyesight and one power each.

Though against six bodies, JIraiya would stand better chance than Kakashi.

Quote Quote:

Jiraiya was able to fight Animal Realm because it hid and summoned big animals that one of JIraiya's summons could defend while he entered Sage Mode. After that Ma sniffed out and captured the chameleon. Kakashi could sniff out the chameleon too, though he may not be able to take it out like Ma did, if the Sharingan doesn't help him detect the chameleon. Ma and Pa helped JIraiya get info, like the shared vision and helped him take out three bodies. To credit only jiraiya would be to overplay him while downplaying Ma and Pa.

Who said he couldn't? Kakashi stated he could have warped Asura but didn't have enough chakra at the time to do so.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Kakashi was impressive because he took on the two strongest Paths with no physical enhancements and no idea of their powers. He survive multiple hits from Deva Path and was even able to set up a clone and hide while against the two. Not just that, but he was not just able to figure out what Deva Path's ability was, but also the weakness of it and create a plan to take advantage of it. so not only did he survive against two Paths with just his normal human body, but he was able to figure out and make a plan quite fast. he's also the only person beside Naruto to come so close to defeating Deva Path.

Personally, I don't see why Kakashi would have trouble with Animal Path. If he could take on Deva and Asura Path, Animal Path along shouldn't have been any major trouble. And Kakashi doesn't have to warp an entire person. All he has to do is warp Jiraiya's head or arm, and he wins by default.
    yes Kakashi deduction and on fly planning was good, but in the end his plan FAILED! In fact to such a degree that he never physically harmed Deva Pain, so how do you almost defeat someone who left the fight and your more than half dead body, without a scratch. Not to mention Kakashi had help almost the entire fight. To say Kakashi almost beat Deva Pain is an insult.

And Kakashi would have trouble against summoning Pain because he has no summons that can counter it, if Jiraiyas frog summon got pwned what can Kakashi's dogs do. What can Kakashi do against some who can summon countless beast that are almost indestructible, I'm sure the Rinnegan dog summon that divides itself when attacked would baffle Kakashi. Not to mention if Kakashi should by some freakish reason gain the upper hand the summoning Pain can just summon the other 5 Paths.

Want facts I suggest you go back and read the manga, Kakashi never landed a punch, kick, or Jutsu on Deva Pain in my book that gettin PWNED not almost winning.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi didn't get pwned by Deva Pain. That would be like saying Jiraiya was about to kill Itachi, but Sasuke got in the way and Itachi beat Jiraiya, so Jiraiya got pwned by Itachi for never hitting him. Kakashi wasn't only fighting Pain's strongest body (Deva Pain), he fought Asura Pain too. It was team effort that stopped Deva Pain being one-shotted by Kakashi and his team. While Kakashi didn't take Deva and Asura on his own, he most definitely had an opportunity to do so here if he used this attack on Deva Pain.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; July 15, 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rell250's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Leaving out Naruto probably isn't the best idea, lol.
    I was just referring to characters being brought up in this discussion. I skipped around maybe Naruto was mentioned im not sure tho.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan View Post
    Jiraiya is just too much for Kakashi in my opinion.
    You honestly can't say that. Kakashi is extremely versatile and smart. He seems to improve on things as well since the start of Part 2. Remember he did say back in Part 1 he was basically use to peaceful times and wasn't as fierce as he was in his anbu days. But Jiraiya is versatile as well and has plenty of stamina and chakra. This fight could go either way honestly lol.
    Naruto's finale will be EPIC , Nvm Naruto series has a long way to go

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What Itachi said isn't necessarily true, nor is it manga fact that Jiraiya can beat Itachi. Itachi's statement is still unknown, but it's manga fact that Itachi does consider Jiraiya a challenge. Stop interpreting the manga in one way to support your favorite character. The fact is, Itachi first said they'd lose, then when discussing fighting Jiraiya again, Itachi never denied being able to beat JIraiya, he only said he needed to rest and said they had enough time to capture Naruto, which means he considered Jiraiya a threat, but definitely not as a loss. Kisame knows Itachi's and Jiraiya's power more than us, and Kisame said Itachi could have taken Jiraiya on...
    huh.? how would kisame knows jiraiya's power.? He knows itachi's caliber but not jiraiya's caliber. So, Kisame knows itachi's power and itachi knows jiraiya's power. if kisame's opinion is that itachi can beat jiraiya because he knows itachi's caliber, but itachi also knows the true caliber of jiraiya and he knows he and kisame at that time can't beat jiraiya. Kisame is not an issue on jiraiya, but on itachi's opinion, he can't defeat jiraiya at that time because he knows his current condition that he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Manga showed us that Orochimaru > Jiraiya, And Itachi > Orochimaru, which means Itachi > Jiraiya. The first two is what the manga showed us, but you'll refuse to accept it. Look at the circumstances, not just the statements. Kakashi was able to take on two Pain bodies without Sage Mode, Jiraiya needed Sage MOde to take on one body, which would mean Kakashi is better than Jiraiya. Kakashi got owned by Itachi in their first battle, which means Itachi is better than kakashi. So, we can assume Itachi is better than Jiraiya. Another manga proof that Itachi can beat Jiraiya, but you'll refuse to accept it..

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast