Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

49 34.51%
  • Jiraiya

93 65.49%
Thread Closed
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Kakashi vs Jiraiya

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakashi vs Jiraiya

I think the tournament rules out prior knowledge of combatants aside from commonly known information in the shinobi world. So Kakashi would know relatively little about Jiraiya, and he would know little of Kakashi.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

kakashi is very strong,and he is a genious.but he hasn't got much chakra. Jiraiya is very strong too,he isn't a genious but he has a lot of chakra. both kakashi and jiraiya have stated several times jiraiya is stronger. kakashi has got kamui but he needs time to hit a whole body,and jiraiya's body is very big. if he enter in senjutsu-mode,kakashi can't do anything.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@xXan, if I don't misunderstood you, basically thats what I wanted to say <you can see the face of the guy in Susano'o> It appears on what the MS eye focuses on. BUT what I wanted to say is that Amaterasu isn't like that, because its flying towards its target, therefore even if MS user is focusing its eye on the fighter inside Susano'o, Amaterasu will appear on Susano'o, not the shinbi inside of Susano'o.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

jiraya should be able to make cleaver use of his clones and big aoe to block kakashi's line of sight like he did against pain http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page013.html and http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page015.html, granted that was a confined space but the point still stands that if he has to evade, negate, or counter he can be left in a vulnerable position or even lose sight of jiraya. from kakashi's fight with the immortals we can see that he can be caught of guard if pressured http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page011.html, http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page012.html, and http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page013.html jiraya's hair can act the same way as those tendrils but be done from a safe position with a clone. and dropped a toad on top of him which would take care of things even in the event or it being a of shadow or lightning clone

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it really looks bad for kakashi that he couldn't do a thing against deva pein and kakashi even said that how jiraya could fight with not just deva pein but with the whole six paths of pein.kakashi knew more about pein with jiraya's info and pa and ma while jiraya was the first from konoha to fight pein.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

all i will say in regards to how well kakashi and jiraya did agaisnt pain is that sthey had some prior knowledge to a degree. jiraya taught nagato how to use the elements and knew he master them so he was expecting something along those lines. kakashi knew what jiraya found out towards the end and that was there were multiple pains, different tech for each and shared vision. they both had to find out what the ability of the paths they faced were, both had back up and some capacity, were blindsided by more paths showing up when they thought they had the match won and died after pushing themselves to the limit to pass on what they learned.

but to say that kakashi is better than jiraya because the latter used sage mode is not taking account kakashi has a freaking Mangekyō Sharingan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question even though it probally would have no impact on this fight. Kakashi's lightning blade is stated to be different from Sasuke's childori and a full rank above from a to s. They look the same to me but if Kakashi's is more concentrated or stronger is their a chance that his s class lightning blade would overpower Jiraiya's a rank rasengan? I know rasengan doesn't fall under the element wheel but i wanted to here peoples thoughts on this since every time Naruto and Sasuke clashed with rasengan and childori they canceled eachother out. Also to note bc i always seem to forget Kakashi can use rasengan too.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeroic1 View Post
    Quick question even though it probally would have no impact on this fight. Kakashi's lightning blade is stated to be different from Sasuke's childori and a full rank above from a to s. They look the same to me but if Kakashi's is more concentrated or stronger is their a chance that his s class lightning blade would overpower Jiraiya's a rank rasengan? I know rasengan doesn't fall under the element wheel but i wanted to here peoples thoughts on this since every time Naruto and Sasuke clashed with rasengan and childori they canceled eachother out. Also to note bc i always seem to forget Kakashi can use rasengan too.
    its pretty hard to say cause naruto and sasuke seem to level out every time cause there about equal in terms of their mastery of their respective justu.

even thou a standard rasengan is still a rank its more varies depending on the users proficiency, naruto and konohamru have vastly different sized rasengans. even naruto's great ball rasengan is still classified as a rank but its atleast twice as big a normal but left a sizeable crater and minato's regular rasengan is about that size and power. in the end it just depends on how much chakra you pump into it and jiraya certainly has the ability to do so but whether or not were at liberty to make him do so is another matter

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rell250 View Post
    Didn't he immobilize one of Pain's bodies? Check this page here http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v46/c422/14.html. One post you said he wasn't impressive then you start off this post with saying his planning was good. Im confused on your feelings towards Kakashi. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v46/c423/7.html Now this is what Nagato says himself about Kakashi after their fight.
    Clearly you dont read and comprehend very well, I said it was good not impressive, as i stated his on the fly planning was good (as in bad, good, great, excellent), just GOOD. His planning was good but in the end didnt work, what circumstances caused its failure isnt even important. If his plan worked and he inflicted a wound on Deva Pain then I would start to use words like "Impressive". But he couldnt hurt Deva at all, this is a fight between shinobi not a game of horse shoes, so almost doesnt count. When i re-read the manga chapters I saw Deva using his jutsu to man handle Kakashi and his flunkies. At best he was a minor nuisance to Deva Pain AT THAT TIME, and if left alone may become a problem later, so its best to kill him when it would be easy to do so.

So i stand by my words Kakashi himself was not "impressive", impressive may be a word that i would use to describe their team work (Kakashi, Chouza, and Chouji). But "Impressive" is a word that can only be reserved for Naruto in his fight against Deva Pain. Everyone else Deva Pain fought pretty much made him look like the "GOD" he claimed to be.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrinceRevan View Post
    a one armed jiraya is still dangerous and not to be taken likely. but even one kamui can be make or break for kakashi and it would be practically suicide to do it with a clone.
    A one arm Jiraiya wouldn't be that dangerous. He would only be limited to taijutsu, something Kakashi shouldn't have any major trouble with it. One Kamui? Hardly. We have seen Kakashi after one Kamui and his fighting abilities didn't take any major decrease. And kakashi employed a clone against Deva Path and he was still able to use three Kamui, so a clone won't change anything.

ive seen a lot of discussing about kakashi hiding underground by doesn't jiraya have motion sensing barrier he can deploy just by tapping his feet. when you think about jiraya has alot of luxuriates in this match that kakashi just cant afford to have deal with them all.
    That barrier has only shown an effect on the surface. It wouldn't do a thing underground. Kakashi can afford to deal with plenty. He's far from that weak.

his toad summonings are a better edge then the dogs cause if push comes to shove jiraya can hide in a toad mouth and activate his sensing barrier and prep for sage mode. he could use a clone as a decoy and send him out to fight while he concentrates. he still has combination justsu's he can do with the toad in and out of sage mode. he can counter kakashi or his dogs going underground by creating a swamp if that doesnt work he can still use his toad mouth bind to ensnare and it has no elemental weakness to speak of.
    If simply hiding in a toads mouth would enable him to activate Sage Mode, he would have done so against Animal Path instead of standing on top of his head. Considering he needs to draw in natural energy from his surrounds, he likely can't do that inside of a toad's mouth. Kakashi wouldn't be fooled by a clone since he can see chakra. When he notices two Jiraiya's, then he'll know one is a clone and be able to take precautions. Combination techniques won't be of much effect as Kakashi already showed he could handle them when he fought Kakuzu. The Swamp wouldn't effect them if they were underground, not to mention Kakashi has the elemental advantage to counter it. And the Toad Mouth Bind won't work at all on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    And since Sasuke doesn't know about Kamui, what's preventing Kakashi from using Kamui offensively before Sasuke uses the arrows? Jiraiya can use that combo fire jutsu with Gamabunta. Something that Kakashi haven't shown the speed to avoid the AOE of that attack for example.
    Initiative. Sasuke is more likely to launch his own instant attack sooner then Kakashi would. Didn't Kakashi counter and dodge a bunch of AOE combination techniques from Kakuzu? Why would he have any greater trouble from Jiraiya's techniques, especially when they cover a smaller area.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Since Jiraiya isn't rushing into Kamui like the arrow and nail, a piece of him would need to be ripoff like what happened to Deidara. That being said, that takes time thus Jiraiya can do something about it. Not to mention that Kakashi haven't shown to be able to effectively use Kamui offensively. At least not to the degree that is being said here.
    But Jiraiya would be rushing straight at Kakashi. We have seen that he's a straight forward fighter. So the odds are that Jiraiya would head straight towards Kakashi, thus making a clear opening for Kamui. And Kamui takes nearly no time. offensively and defensively are about the same thing. They both involve him looking and warping.

jiraya should be able to make cleaver use of his clones and big aoe to block kakashi's line of sight like he did against pain http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page013.html and http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page015.html, granted that was a confined space but the point still stands that if he has to evade, negate, or counter he can be left in a vulnerable position or even lose sight of jiraya. from kakashi's fight with the immortals we can see that he can be caught of guard if pressured http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page011.html, http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page012.html, and http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page013.html jiraya's hair can act the same way as those tendrils but be done from a safe position with a clone. and dropped a toad on top of him which would take care of things even in the event or it being a of shadow or lightning clone
    Clones aren't gonna work that way against Kakashi, since he can see chakra and thus would see the clone hiding beforehand. We also saw from his fight with Kakuzu that Kakashi has the means and ability to dodge and counter large AOE ninjutsus and launching blitzes from behind. Jiraiya's hair is nothing like those tentacles, but even if it was, that would only put Kakashi in a position to employ Kamui.

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    it really looks bad for kakashi that he couldn't do a thing against deva pein and kakashi even said that how jiraya could fight with not just deva pein but with the whole six paths of pein.kakashi knew more about pein with jiraya's info and pa and ma while jiraya was the first from konoha to fight pein.
    The thing is, Kakashi didn't know a thing about Deva Path because he never used his abilities against Jiraiya. So it's hardly the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by biggchiefmo View Post
    Clearly you dont read and comprehend very well, I said it was good not impressive, as i stated his on the fly planning was good (as in bad, good, great, excellent), just GOOD. His planning was good but in the end didnt work, what circumstances caused its failure isnt even important. If his plan worked and he inflicted a wound on Deva Pain then I would start to use words like "Impressive". But he couldnt hurt Deva at all, this is a fight between shinobi not a game of horse shoes, so almost doesnt count. When i re-read the manga chapters I saw Deva using his jutsu to man handle Kakashi and his flunkies. At best he was a minor nuisance to Deva Pain AT THAT TIME, and if left alone may become a problem later, so its best to kill him when it would be easy to do so.

So i stand by my words Kakashi himself was not "impressive", impressive may be a word that i would use to describe their team work (Kakashi, Chouza, and Chouji). But "Impressive" is a word that can only be reserved for Naruto in his fight against Deva Pain. Everyone else Deva Pain fought pretty much made him look like the "GOD" he claimed to be.
    You do realize that Kakashi is the ONLY person to ever get that close to Deva Path beside Naruto, right? Or that close to defeating him. All without any prior information, unlike Naruto who had the info and still major trouble handling Deva Path.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rell250's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...we just went thru this on the last page. If Deva Path wasn't saved by the other path Kakashi would of landed a direct hit on him. He's the closest to get to Deva Path besides Naruto. Jiraiya didn't even fight Deva Path by the way.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by biggchiefmo View Post

Clearly you feel the only way to respond to an intelligent post providing proof and examples by telling me i can't comprehend things or apparently i can't read. You go from calling him unimpressive to good? That's confusing and it doesn't make much rational sense. If you click on the pictures you'll see Kakashi had figured out Deva Paths ability and had him in for the kill, except Nagato has 6 bodies which is an exceptional thing. You can't call what he did unimpressive. It's absurd. If he was a nuisance why would he even acknowledge him with a form of respect and says if i don't kill you now while i have the chance you could be trouble? Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Naruto were all no doubt impressive in their own ways and it took alot of info for Naruto to succeed thanks to Kakashi and Jiraiya who both failed to kill Pain. But would i say unimpressive. Hell to the no.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The thing is, Kakashi didn't know a thing about Deva Path because he never used his abilities against Jiraiya. So it's hardly the same situation.

You do realize that Kakashi is the ONLY person to ever get that close to Deva Path beside Naruto, right? Or that close to defeating him. All without any prior information, unlike Naruto who had the info and still major trouble handling Deva Path.
    I don't think he comprehends that part.
    Last edited by rell250; July 16, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Naruto's finale will be EPIC , Nvm Naruto series has a long way to go

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeroic1 View Post
    There's also the possibility that Jiraiya's Rasengan is more powerful than Naruto's. I think that both jutsu's would still cancel out even if Raikiri is ranked higher.

You can't really compare the two fights because Jiraiya fought against different paths than Kakashi from the get-go, for all we know Jiraiya may of had the same difficulties if he had to deal with Asura and Deva realm first.
    Last edited by Naruffy; July 16, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a real hard choice for me. Obviously, I'm going for Jiraiya, but I love Kakashi as well nonetheless. However, as much as I'm a big Jiraiya guy, I believe he takes this for the following reasons:

Jiraiya is pretty much a never-ending spring of chakra. His chakra reserve is completely off the charts. As evidenced by Fukusaku. In contrast, Kakashi has very low levels of chakra. Granted, he knows how to use every drop of his chakra efficiently and intelligently, if this battle were to drag on, he's a goner.

Those who contend that Kakashi can win merely because he has Kamui are going into this too simply. Kakashi spends a lot of chakra using Kamui, and he himself doesn't use it unless he's an extremely dire situation because he always ends up hospitalized when using it and risks dying when having to use it twice. When he caught up to Sasuke and Sakura he used it against Sasuke's Susano'o, however he wasn't fighting, so had enough stamina left. However, if the battle drags on, if he uses it, he's pretty much incapacitated.

Now, let's say he does use Kamui against Jiraiya. It's not gonna be useful. Madara said that it wouldn't work on him. Why? Because Madara can merely warp himself out of the dimension Kakashi sends him to. If Kakashi warps Jiraiya away by using Kamui, one of Jiraiya's toads can summon him back with a reverse kuchiyose.

As for battle skills, we have to discard the fact that Kakashi and Jiraiya know of each other. Based on their battle prowess, they're gonna give each other a run for their money. However, Jiraiya's toads are better than Kakashi's dogs. If Jiraiya feels the need to get into Sage Mode it's all over for Kakashi. Kakashi has a Sharingan and Jiraiya would know how to deal with a Sharingan (the rules state that known powers like Sharingan aren't secret or unknown beforehand). So Jiraiya's gonna know how to counter it.

I just honestly don't see how Kakashi can beat Jiraiya. It'd be one hell of a match to see, though.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Says who? Kakashi came very close to taking out Deva and couldn't only because of Asura coming out of nowhere, being assumed to have been taken out. We see for ourselves that Jiraiya never fought six paths, just three paths. Kakashi assumed he did, but it's not true. Jiraiya fought three paths with help of Ma and Pa, took the three bodies out, and got blindsided by Asura and had to go in hiding due to a loss of limb. He then went out of Sage Mode and got up close to the bodies to inspect them, not to fight them. If you want to put it that way, it looks worse for Jiraiya that he couldn't do anything against one body without help and wasn't even able to get close to Deva at all, apart from being stabbed.

Jiraiya knew more about Pain than Kakashi did when they both died. Jiraiya knew about Nagato and his mastery over elements, who the real body was. Kakashi knew nothing but shared vision and each Pain having individual powers, which is what Jiraiya knew. Kakashi knew nothing else about Pain, and he alone fought against the two strongest bodies in base mode, which Jiraiya never did. Like Jiraiya, Kakashi learned about Deva's abilities through trial and error and even managed to trick Deva and Asura without running away. Kakashi was more impressive.

If anyone wants to downplay Kakashi from his fight with Pain, it's only fair Jiraiya gets downplayed too.

all i will say in regards to how well kakashi and jiraya did agaisnt pain is that sthey had some prior knowledge to a degree. jiraya taught nagato how to use the elements and knew he master them so he was expecting something along those lines. kakashi knew what jiraya found out towards the end and that was there were multiple pains, different tech for each and shared vision. they both had to find out what the ability of the paths they faced were, both had back up and some capacity, were blindsided by more paths showing up when they thought they had the match won and died after pushing themselves to the limit to pass on what they learned.

but to say that kakashi is better than jiraya because the latter used sage mode is not taking account kakashi has a freaking Mangekyō Sharingan.
    Mangekyo Sharingan doesn't enhance Kakashi's natural abilities. Sage Mode enhances speed and strength, and for those with mastery, it even adds range to taijutsu and makes it harder for the user to get hurt. Naruto had Sage Mode and was able to compete with Pain pretty well whereas even with Mangekyo Sasuke had a problem against Killerbee and Raikage.

Like I said though, I think Kakashi has shown to be more impressive because he isn't really a chakra monster like JIraiya or had the knowledge on Nagato/Pain the way Jiraiya did.

Also, how can Jiraiya enter Sage Mode against Kakashi... easily anyway? It was easy for him when he was fighting Animal Realm, but against someone like Kakashi, it'll be hard for Jiraiya to get into Sage Mode. Kakashi can avoid the big summons easily like Deva did and get up to Jiraiya to attack him. Kakashi could also use Kamui since Jiraiya wouldn't know what's going on or be able to see Kakashi's eye clearly if he's that high up.

In taijutsu, Kakashi has Jiraiya beat in base mode thanks to Kakashi's own skills and Sharingan. If Jiraiya gets into Sage Mode, maybe Jiraiya has the advantage. Ninjutsu is unknown... as for genjutsu, Kakashi has the advantage unless Jiraiya has Ma and Pa out and ready to sing, from which Kakashi could deduce that they're trying sound genjutsu.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Kirby
    Those who contend that Kakashi can win merely because he has Kamui are going into this too simply. Kakashi spends a lot of chakra using Kamui, and he himself doesn't use it unless he's an extremely dire situation because he always ends up hospitalized when using it and risks dying when having to use it twice. When he caught up to Sasuke and Sakura he used it against Sasuke's Susano'o, however he wasn't fighting, so had enough stamina left. However, if the battle drags on, if he uses it, he's pretty much incapacitated.

Again, we're not obligated to force ninja to fight the way Kishi wants them to fight. Anything in their repertoire can be used at any time provided they make the proper cost and prep to use it, for any believable scenario. That's why people say things like "RM Naruto will just go into RM and punch Kisame's head off!" Naruto doesn't fight that way, but it doesn't change the fact that that it is in his power to do so, and thus we HAVE to accept that as a valid argument.

The same goes for Kakashi dropping a Kamui on the enemy from jump street despite it's chakra cost, Sasuke going into Susanoo at the beginning of the fight despite the intense pain, or Deidara spitting out a C4 from the beginning of the fight despite it being meant specifically to be used against Itachi. It doesn't matter if they would or wouldn't do that in the manga. The only thing that matters is they CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Kirby
    Now, let's say he does use Kamui against Jiraiya. It's not gonna be useful. Madara said that it wouldn't work on him. Why? Because Madara can merely warp himself out of the dimension Kakashi sends him to. If Kakashi warps Jiraiya away by using Kamui, one of Jiraiya's toads can summon him back with a reverse kuchiyose.

That's under the assumption he warps Jiraiya away in his whole, uninjured form. If he warps away his head or half his torso, Jiraiya won't be summoning anything. If I were Kakashi I'd take an arm from him to guarantee those handseals are unusuable and limit his offensive options.

Thread Closed
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast